722 W. DeKalb Pike at Village Square
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6102725700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:45am - 2:00pm
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donna Ewanciw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Radice
Radice [ra-dee-chay,] ‘root’ in Italian, serves farm-fresh food that is cooked in Delaware Valley’s largest wood burning oven! 90” in diameter, it is one of the famous Renato ovens created especially for Radice. With 80% of the menu cooked in the oven, Radice offers food that is healthy, delicious and unique! Toto Schiavone once again introduces Philadelphians to his heritage of the true and simply Italian world of authentic village cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Radice - Best Restaurants in Blue Bell ›
Radice reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (38)good for groups (29)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- loved itjanismurphDined on 2/22/2014first time at restaurant and we loved everything about it. We will certainly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, Good Food, Great HOST!RochelleDined on 2/22/2014I worked for Toto at "Toto" in Center City. He has a great mind for business and knows how to present great Italian food. I love the relationship between old-world Italy and today's dining. Our dinner was great, fresh, and plentiful. The service was superb! dio la benedica! RochelleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is a great time to come hereLarbecVIPDined on 2/18/2014At dinner, Radice can be crowded and the food slow in coming. When it comes, it's wonderful! We've been there for lunch a few times recently. It's typically not crowded, and you don't feel bad about asking questions about items on the menu (since the food served here goes well beyond the typical fare like veal Marsala, you'll probably have some questions). The lunch menu offers a number of choices, and every dish we've ever had there was beautifully prepared, nicely presented, and delicious. What more could you ask of a resturant?Special Features:
- You Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We went to Radiche to celebrate my birthday and celebrate we did. All our dishes were fab but I'm still salivating over the scallop/butternut squash/scallion appetizer that looks like 3crabcakes (Devine ) , the fresh mussels in a very light tomato/vodka? sauce (diviner ) and the Gorganzola gnocchi (devinest)! And when the snow stops and the sun comes out we plan to return.....if not before...and try eating al fresco. You really must try Radiche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As pleasantly rewarding as the firsTomCDined on 2/15/2014Second time at Radice. Treated some friends to dinner. Service, appetizers and supper was just right - again. The food was delicious and the presentation, artistic. Had the pleasure of meeting the Chef, Donna as we were leaving - glad we did. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC, YET VERY DIFFERENTMIKEDined on 2/15/2014A unique Italian restaurant that has some fabulous choices that one would not normally find in a neighborhood Italian restaurant. The soups are just wonderful and every entre we've had there (we've been there five time in the last couple of months) have been absolutely perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant for either a casual dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day. My wife were going to have a quiet dinner together. At the last minute our plans changed and we called to change the reservation to ncl use my Mother in law. The easily accommodated the change. We were seated 5 minutes after we arrived. The food was great and our service was warm and professional. It took us three years to get there, and we will definitely return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurant!maryDined on 2/14/2014The food here is wonderful. Favorites are the mussels, antipasto, and gorgonzola gnocchi. Best we've ever had! Always nice to be welcomed by Toto and Jim, our favorite waiter. Always a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day enjoymentNickleDined on 2/14/2014We were late making reservations so our 5:30 seating was timely and calm. I liked that there was no special fixed holiday menu. My husband's mussels in red sauce special appet. was excellent as was my papardelle with duck ragu. Although the veal was tender and the grilled Brussels sprouts were tasty, neither of us cared for the smoked flavor of the mozzarella filling in our entrees. We couldn't agree on a dessert so my husband ordered the pistachio cannoli, his favorite flavor in his favorite dessert and I was very impressed with the hazelnut chocolate torte. Excellent coffee.Special Features:
- Weekend DatesWklyDatersDined on 2/9/2014Was pleasantly surprised by this small restaurant in a Blue Bell shopping center. Food was excellent and service was above par. My wife and I had a good evening trying new combinations and wine pairings. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014Great food, great service, and great company = great experience. Food always impeccable and served at a comfortable pace. We always just go for the small plates and share. Scallops perfect, ribs melt in your mouth, flatbread always balanced. Add a great cocktail and there is not much better in the North Penn area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food outstandingabcdVIPDined on 2/8/2014This is not our first visit and the food was as good as ever. My complaint is about the fact that we were on time for our reservation but didn't get seated for >30 min. No apologies. Hostess was ambivalent about the lateness and was only concerned about getting us out of the way of the entry. To add insult to injury, another party of 4 was seated before our party, in spite of the fact that they arrived after us. When we did finally get seated, our waiter was excellent and the food was outstanding, as usual. When we left, the hostesss was too busy eating to ask us if we had enjoyed ourselves or wish us a pleasant evening. I have mixed feelings about returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice to the RescueBravo5VIPDined on 2/7/2014After four days without power, my wife and I got as presentable as possible without water and in the dark, and headed off to our favorite Italian restaurant, Radice. Toto the owner greeted us with a smile and a joke, and another great meal ensued. The service was friendly and attentive, the cocktails were well-made, and the food was hearty, simple, fresh and delicious, from the salad course through dessert and cappuccino. If Radice was located in Center City it would be mobbed every night and cost twice as much. Thank God it's not! Having a spot like this in your neighborhood makes even a power outage bearable.Special Features:
- Great food and terrific ambiance.FoodiesVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great food and terrific ambiance. The food is fresh and creative. We were extremely disappointed and disturbed by poor management. This is not what we have experienced on our previous and many visits to Radice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not worth the troubleJoeKVIPDined on 2/1/2014Busy night, seated 25 minutes after reservation but we were given complimentary drink. May be better to eat there on an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealFoodiesx2VIPDined on 1/27/2014On a bitter cold night,the bar was starting to fill for happy hour and the staff put out a large wheel of parmigiana - diners broke off chunks with a knife for a tasty snack.Vegetarian, I always find wonderful options:The Crocchette- Fingerling potato, cauliflower, leeks & fontina,was a steamy hot delicious appetizer-perfectly blended with all textures still recognizable.My entree was Frascatole-Creamy polenta with ricotta & cicoria-wonderfully rich and filling.There are so many small plates for non-vegetarians! Husband had the always great Corata salad-Bibb lettuce heart, bleu cheese dressing, apple wood smoked bacon & tomato,with a delicious entree of sautéed veal with smoked mozzarella and spinach filling, sherry tomato. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findSnowbegoneDined on 1/25/2014Went after having a happy hour there another time. Was very pleased with the menu and the willingness of staff to meet all of our dietary needs (picky person in group). Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SallyVIPDined on 1/18/2014One of our favorite places. We go at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!My3sonsDined on 1/18/2014Was looking for someplace to dine…and stumbled on Radice. What a find!! Our family spent 2 weeks in Tuscany last October and this was as good -if not better- than any meal we experienced there. (Except for the cooking we did ourselves.) The service was impeccable, the food delicious, the experience A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a BYOB by any stretchJoescheppaeqDined on 1/12/2014Service was good. Food was fair. Dessert was excellent. Don't come thinking this is a byob as radice charges $ 15 per cork or cap. For the price we could have done a lot better.
- Italy in the BurbsluapDined on 1/11/2014Just got back from 3 weeks in Italy. Food made us feel we were still there. Staff very helpful with selections. No pressure to order everything at once. Each of the small plates we ordered were simply mouth watering. We then split a couple of the regular entrees between the four of us. The sword fish was especially memorable. The main dining area can be a little noisy. We were in the back and it was very easy to carry on a nice conversation. The other plus is despite having a very fine wine list, it is okay to bring your own bottle. If you want a real taste of Italy this is the place to go. Well worth a drive from Center City.Special Features:
- Service was SOOOO slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014Service was SOOOO slow and there was very little communication with our table. We ended up eating way too much bread because we were waiting too long for our dinner. My swordfish,which was recommended by the waiter over the short ribs, was very dry and not too tasty. The owner was going nuts regarding the people who were sitting at the table next to us -- i guess he wanted to get it ready for the next seating. But he was basically rude. This was our 2nd time in about 3 weeks, and it will be our last!
- Suitable for the Upper-Class Snobs!llmouseDined on 1/11/2014Although the restaurant is quite nice and the food was decent (well 2 out of the 3 meals were - Osso Bucca was tough and tasteless) The Ambience was horrible. Unless you looked or smelled like money, you didn't seem welcome by the staff. Our waitress was horrible, never had a smile on her face, we couldn't find her half the time to get our drinks filled or when we needed to send the meal back. Then she got worse. Needless to say, we won't be returning.
- Great food and ambience althoughDineOutDined on 1/11/2014Great food and ambience although it felt towqards the end as though you were being chased out - I was brought the bill before I was aksed if we had all finished ( and yes I ddid want another Expresso )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice can be all thingsFoodiesx2VIPDined on 1/7/2014It can be great for groups,or for a romantic dinner. But yesterday it was a great day for lunch away from the cabin fever of polar vortex.The food was exciting and delicious as always: Gem lettuce salad was excellent-tasty and delicious. The server offered the spinach pizza from the dinner menu since I am vegetarian (Radice has LOTS of items for vegetarians). My husband had the roast pork sandwich-open face,fork tender with a lovely au jus. We are so fortunate to live so close to Radice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAfoodEVIPDined on 1/4/2014the food is always good at this restaurant, the bar scene is great overseen by Jack the bartender a long time staple of this restaurant family.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014I've been with a variety of groups and I've always enjoyed it. Only thing that could be improved is perhaps simplifying the menu, not removing items but explaining and delineating them better, everyone seems to struggle with it. But it's worth figuring out, once you order it is always fantastic.Special Features:
- Very Good Food, Service Not GreatJillybeanVIPDined on 12/21/2013Please note at the outset that my wife and I both enjoyed our food and we would return. She had two seafood apps and a salad (both very good) and I had the Osso Buco, also very tender (and huge) along with excellent risotto. We had a waitress, strawberry blond, probably in her mid to late 40s, who has worked there for a long time and I had seen her at lunch before. She does not smile once. And while not nasty, her attitude and service left a lot to be desired. She did not discuss the specials, it took 20 minutes to get any bread, and I had to catch her to get her to take out order. I had to ask the other waitstaff for water refills, etc. The other waitstaff however, were pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my husband to RadiceHunterDined on 12/21/2013I took my husband to Radice for our "Yule" celebration. He has never been there; however, I have been there several times. My husband was very pleased with his meal and appetizer. I had the pea soup. It was excellent; however, the portion was a bit too much for me to finish. My husband ordered the pork chop and I order the braised short ribs. Both items arrived hot and were delicious. I am not a fan of pork; however, I would recommend the pork rib appetizer and the pork chop entree. The short ribs were fork tender and the sauce was amazing. Our server and the runners were very attentative to making sure we had enough pizza bread. I would go just to eat the pizza bread if it were an appetizer on the menu. We will be returning again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be nicerjazzyDined on 12/18/2013We celebrated an 89th birthday and the staff could not have been more accommodating to our special requests and sensitive to our timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2013Radice is very reliable. The food and service are always very good.Special Features:
- always great at RadicephilaeatsVIPDined on 12/7/2013This is a gem of a restaurant. Great array of creative tapas with italian flair, great pizza, and meats. Pork chop is exceptional as is their gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caring and consistentLocalFanVIPDined on 12/6/2013Consistent, personal attention. Tremendous food, attentive service. An orchestra led by two great conductors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood restaurantAfoodEVIPDined on 11/29/2013nice little restaurant good selection on menu and friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was presented nicelypennyVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food was presented nicely and delicious. It was a cold winter night and our coats were not offered to be taken and hung elsewhere, as we saw that other diners were offered this service. We also were seated in the back where there were many small children which was noisy there. They should have seated us in the front. We told them that it was our anniversary. We visit this venue and also their other restaurants that they own and they recognize us from our patronage. I do expect better service in an upscale place as this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing - Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2013I love the traditional Italian approach to the cuisine. However, despite the wonderful food, I will NEVER visit this restaurant again. I've been to Radice 4 times in the last year (3 personal, 1 work) hoping that the bad service I experienced was a fluke since I loved the food so much. We had the same waiter, Jim, that we had at our last visit in June.I can't remember EVER having a waiter that was so rude.Dining out is about the whole package.I want to have good food,good wine and a good time. I live near Radice,but regularly dine in Philly due to the amazing places that deliver the whole package.I'd rather take the time and money and visit my favorite Philly spots more often where both the food and the service shine like Zahav or Amada.
- ExceptionalBobBDined on 11/21/2013If you want a special place with well prepared food served by quality staff, you just found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/16/2013Always great food and great service! One of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2013Every aspect of a wonderful Italian is recommendable.Special Features:
- good support for a romantic eveningPaulSmulpaapDined on 11/11/2013We liked the food, good Italian with this slightly specific taste of where the owner comes from. As we had something romantic to celebrate I brought flowers and they placed it in a good vase. The waiter helped quickly but gave time and space that we liked to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.