722 W. DeKalb Pike at Village Square
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6102725700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:45am - 2:00pm
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donna Ewanciw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Radice
Radice [ra-dee-chay,] ‘root’ in Italian, serves farm-fresh food that is cooked in Delaware Valley’s largest wood burning oven! 90” in diameter, it is one of the famous Renato ovens created especially for Radice. With 80% of the menu cooked in the oven, Radice offers food that is healthy, delicious and unique! Toto Schiavone once again introduces Philadelphians to his heritage of the true and simply Italian world of authentic village cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Radice reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (41)good for groups (30)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very accommodatingwhitelinen829Dined on 5/13/2014I made my reservation spur-of-the-moment. It was definitely "off peak" hours - too late for lunch and too early for dinner - but the staff never missed a beat. Our food was excellent and the wait staff was accommodating and pleasant. There was no attempt to rush us out of the restaurant and we felt welcome. Very nice ambiance for my second, and hopefully, one of many, meals there.Special Features:
- Top Notch as UsualGregDined on 5/11/2014Third time we have been to Radice and never disappointed. Great food and friendly staff. Would visit more often but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service and food. Our only problem was they had no record of our open table reservation, but they sat us down right away.
- Great Foodkmc369Dined on 5/7/2014The food here is really amazing but the portions for the price don't add up. After living in the city for 5 years, it is difficult to find good restaurants in the suburbs. The restaurant has a great ambiance and very inviting but we were not impressed with the service. Our server was not that interested and was very casual. The food though tasted great and fresh. I would recommend going here for the food though you should be ready to spend.Special Features:
- Lunch at RadiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Best pizza Margherita I've ever had outside of Italy. Soups and salads also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!PoohbearDined on 5/5/2014We (2 of us) shared 5 dishes (one was a pizza). They did Chopped scallops, held together with butternut squash and lightly fried - the BEST! Plenty of food! Great house Chainti! Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchjje23Dined on 5/5/2014Really fabulous simple food. Great service also. Would highly recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same Old, same oldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We LOVE Radice, the food and service are great. But the menu always exactly the same! Boring!! I so wish the would add new items seasonally. And the old Italian guy who may be the owner was effusively welcoming with familiar faces, and down right rude to us when we arrived a bit early. The gracious hostess offered us a table in the bar where we could get a drink and wait.Special Features:
- Food good/service not so muchFoodiechickDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was not very friendly and seemed like he was annoyed at something. We had a reservation and had to wait extra time and when we waited for about 20 minutes until someone come over and asked if we would like to hear the specials. This is a very good restaurant but if you are feeling like you aren't being treated properly and you are spending a lot of money there are plenty of other choices around. I hadn't been here in a while and now I remember why.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Had dinner with friends at Radice on Saturday and it was excellent. Had a drink at the bar first and the bartender was friendly and fast. The tables are spread ou nicely so that you aren't on top of the other diners and the decor is great. The meal was excellent. We ordered two pizzas, some small plates and two of the entree sized plates. We couldn't have been happier with our meal, we even had some left over pizza which was a great midnight snack. The owners stopped by to make sure everything was good during the meal. Would definitely reccomend Radice to anyone. The pizzas are so good I could definitely see myself stopping by for lunch or a couple of drinks and a pizza at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu for special occasionsFredDined on 4/23/2014Menu is varied with consistently wonderful dishes. Can go small plate to full portion. For sure not cheap, but it's really good and worth is for special occasions or you need a "special" place for dinner. Also, owner takes the time to explain preparation and ingrediants of some dishes as well as how some of the food preparation devices work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEMHansVIPDined on 4/21/2014Consistently great food and service. Bartender Russ is the best. Could eat there every night!Special Features:
- A change in the wrong directionDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014I don't know what has happened to Radice but the service and the food was so very disappointing. Our friends overheard two servers loudly complaining at the front about a table of guests that had been there "too long". Our table settings were dirty, the server took forever just to approach our table and take our drink orders, and we had to ask for another round during dinner. The pork chops were both so overcooked and rubbery. We actually skipped dessert and went to the grocery store for takeout gelato because we didn't want to spend any more money here and just wanted to leave. I was so embarrassed in front of our friends after my boyfriend and I had suggested the restaurant and raved about our previous visits. We will not be back.
- A Gem Right Around the CornerLadydiDined on 4/12/2014I could walk to this restaurant but have not gone before. I will definitely visit again. Food was great, our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. All in all a great night out with friends. Don't hesitate to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JamesDined on 4/12/2014Best Wedge Salad...Awesome Pizza... Never a bad meal... Love Radice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Our meals were outstanding, and the service was excellent. Seven of us celebrated an 84th birthday (all adults in our party.) There were a few other larger patries, but also many couples. The menu is full of wonderful choices - this restaurant is an incredible value. We will definitely be returning often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOrelandMattDined on 4/5/2014Genuine Italian cuisine presented in a traditional yet fresh way. The portions don't try to overwhelm you with size, instead opting to overwhelm you with flavor. Wine list is just the right size and covers a wide spectrum. Great bar and bartenders. A real gem. The prices are reasonable and the menu structure is very flexible. I have become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner a Hit, Dessert a MissSuburbanFoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed classic Italian menu and impeccable service, but have found the classic Italian desserts to be a disappointment (gelato in the past, the cannolis at this visit).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gem in blue bellJs40VIPDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I wanted Italian and got a good meal. Somewhat unusual menu, but pleasant suprise with quality of food. My wife got the gnoccis and I got rigatoni. We both got appetizers. Very good. Only con is seatings for two - tables are too close. Takes away some of the ambiance. Every thing else, fine . Will return.Special Features:
- Sat 4-5-14FrequentDinerDined on 4/4/2014Gamberetti was delicious, and bronzino was good. However, the chicken was slightly overdone and the veal ribs were miss represented on the menu. The sardines were not fresh or oil cooked but were flat and dry. A small wine list (this is not a wine bar) which was fine, but the red wine was warm. Since we travelled about 40 minutes to get there, we will not come back. If we lived closer, we might try it again. Our server was delightful as were the bus boys and food runners.
- Rah-DEE-chayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Our waiter translated the restaurant name to 'by the seat of your pants', but the restaurant was anything but. Waitstaff were quite tuned in. We never had to ask for a beverage to be refilled, napkins were folded and replaced unobtrusively, everything came out with perfect timing. The food was excellent, from the warm bread with olive oil with pesto to the entrees and desserts - all were well received. It was a nice find while in the area. I wish the weather had been nicer, as the huge covered patio looks lovely for warm weather dining. We'll have to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shared small plates, andCindyDined on 3/28/2014We shared small plates, and each one was excellent. Service was spot on, friendly and informative about the dishes and presentation. Our second time here and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice timeWalter1VIPDined on 3/28/2014I took my wife to celebrate her birthday; the children and grandchildren, too. Food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAfoodEVIPDined on 3/22/2014i have eaten here over 10 times it has never disapointed meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice is one of the finestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/21/2014Radice is one of the finest restaurants in the region. Consistently excellent cuisine prepared to perfection. I dine their regularly and have never been disappointed. Consistent and friendly staff, Radice is a very special restaurant. Kudos to Toto and Donna!Special Features:
- casual elegancemmmmDined on 3/18/2014My husband and I have made Radice our weekly "date night" destination….and it seems we're not the only ones. Often we'll sit at the bar and order a variety of small plate items to share. A beautiful decor, friendly staff , friendly customers and delicious food what we go back for….every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Great staff, delicious food from start to finish. Highly recommend this restaurant and will be returning! Also you must get the canolli it is by far the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice reviewlogimouseDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant has great food but not such great wine. I ordered a Chianti and instead got a terrible glass of something not even close to a Chianti. The food was delicious but my partner was shocked to have to pay 14.00 for the cheese plate which we shared. The cheese portions were small even though they had been generous in other courses. The service was great even though the waiter did not know what a Chianti was. The general atmosphere of the restaurant is great and our main courses were good although somewhat overpriced. The main recommendation is for better wines by the glass for the same price. Thank you for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteDrbobDined on 3/8/2014This is a great place to share some food with friends. Order a lot of different dishes... Share and enjoy. Add some great wine for a fun night in the burbs but you will feel like you were downtown .......except the parking is free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!HarNickDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed our meals tremendously. Osso bucco, Lasagne, Pasta with Duck Ragu, and Veal stuffed with Spinach were all excellent. Salads were great and desserts (bread pudding and Blueberry Tart), even though shared, were a delicious finish to our meals. Service was excellent and we were not rushed even though it was busy. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great soup and gnocchi, ButbayyDined on 3/7/2014Great soup and gnocchi, But the pizza we got which had spinach and mushrooms was awful. And the server we had was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!FlynnX3Dined on 3/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Radice for the first time this past Wednesday night. As soon as I walked in I was taken with how beautiful this place is! We were greeted with a smile from the hostess, who took our coats and sat us in a cozy spot. Our server approached us soon after and he was great! He was very friendly, well-informed on the menu and made great suggestions on the food they served. He was attentive, but didnt "invade our space" so to speak. We tried a variety of things on the menu and everything was delicious! They had a fabuous wine list too! I highly recommend Radice! A perfect place to go with a group, or on a date night. Be sure to make a reservation because the place fills up fast. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentSteveDined on 3/4/2014We have been there with office staff three times over many months - consistently excellent food, service and ambiance. Excellent for a special occasion, business meeting, or just dinner/lunch for two. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to Radice numerousphillygDined on 3/2/2014I have been to Radice numerous times and always look forward to going back. The food is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for a quite eveningJoeCDined on 3/1/2014We arrived a little late but called and they were very appreciative that we notified them of our lateness. Waited for about 15 minutes before we sat down at our table and immediately the bread and the olive oil came. Waited about 10 minutes for our appetizers and within 10 of finishing our appetizers our main course came. The codfish was awesome and so was my wife's scallops. I thought we would be leaving there after 9 to 9:30 PM for a 7 PM dinner reservation and we were done at about $8:30 PM but do not get me wrong, they did not rushed us, not at all. I would recommend it at any day of the week. We are definitely going back. Very enjoyable. Our waitress was excellent. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Food was outstanding and waiter was very knowledgable and friendly. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itjanismurphDined on 2/22/2014first time at restaurant and we loved everything about it. We will certainly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, Good Food, Great HOST!RochelleDined on 2/22/2014I worked for Toto at "Toto" in Center City. He has a great mind for business and knows how to present great Italian food. I love the relationship between old-world Italy and today's dining. Our dinner was great, fresh, and plentiful. The service was superb! dio la benedica! RochelleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is a great time to come hereLarbecVIPDined on 2/18/2014At dinner, Radice can be crowded and the food slow in coming. When it comes, it's wonderful! We've been there for lunch a few times recently. It's typically not crowded, and you don't feel bad about asking questions about items on the menu (since the food served here goes well beyond the typical fare like veal Marsala, you'll probably have some questions). The lunch menu offers a number of choices, and every dish we've ever had there was beautifully prepared, nicely presented, and delicious. What more could you ask of a resturant?Special Features:
- You Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We went to Radiche to celebrate my birthday and celebrate we did. All our dishes were fab but I'm still salivating over the scallop/butternut squash/scallion appetizer that looks like 3crabcakes (Devine ) , the fresh mussels in a very light tomato/vodka? sauce (diviner ) and the Gorganzola gnocchi (devinest)! And when the snow stops and the sun comes out we plan to return.....if not before...and try eating al fresco. You really must try Radiche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.