Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar can seat up to 30 guests. Hannibal"s On The Square also available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Gagliano 4075992929
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Food and wine was very good.FranceDined on 9/7/2013Food and wine was very good. We like the Chez Vincent part of the restaurant. We have come there many times over the 8 years. We like the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceMimiDined on 9/7/2013We drove a long way to try this restaurant. Apertiziers (squid, snails, onion soup) were very good. Grouper was on the bland side but orange duck was quite tasty. Deserts are all excellent. Service was the best - our water glasses were always full and multiple people served and checked in on us. Wine and beer recommendations were perfect as well. I would recommend this restaurant, but I will not go back too soon due to the distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, excellent service,MikeDined on 9/7/2013Great time, excellent service, food was great and prepared perfect. Wait staff very attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food+outstanding servicespj68Dined on 9/5/2013I would definitely recommend this place especially for a nice date night. The food was exceptional but what stood out to me most was how great the service and hospitality was. I know I will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choiceVillagePeopleDined on 9/5/2013Magical Dining Month (September) offered a $33 3-course meal that was good but not spectacular. Wine List is way over priced in our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerKrisDined on 8/29/2013The food was excellent as well as the service. The owner came to our table and asked about the food - nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great asparagus.lockeDined on 8/24/2013Really enjoyed the carrot soup and the grouper. Didn't really like the souffle dessert. Wish I had tried something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!francegirlVIPDined on 8/20/2013The cuisine and the ambience are wonderful at Chez Vincent.Special Features:
- Rather expensiveFreepZDined on 8/16/2013The service and the ambiance of the place were quite good. The special of the day was veal, which tasted good, but was particularly stringy. The suggested wine went well with the meal. The big disappointment was with the desert. Tarte Tatin is one of my favorites, but they somehow managed to make the crust very soggy. All that would not have been so bad, but for a $70 meal, I expect much better.Special Features:
- French treasure in Winter ParkGoldenVoiceDined on 7/13/2013We felt like we were dining in a small restaurant in southern France. Quiet romantic ambiance and mostly couples dining. Wait staff very friendly and happy. Food delicious and beautifully presented. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Absolutely fantasticDigitalAndrewDined on 7/12/2013Great food! Absolutely fantastic flavors and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Vincent did not disappoint!SoSiDined on 7/9/2013This was my first visit to Chez Vincent but it won't be my last. The food was perfectment! My filet minon was was so tender, cooked exactly as I like it. The blue cheese sauce was divine as well as the creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!!!!1rstexperienceDined on 6/2/2013We are the only couple, first to dine for the evening . The waiter did not deliver the meal as ordered and the timing was off after that. Was not a good experience- the food , not good enough to remember.
- Good but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2013The food was good and so was the service but the atmosphere was more casual than we expected from a french restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphere.DoctorJDined on 5/25/2013The food is beautifully done,and the wine good, up to French standards. The service was very timely and friendly. NIce choice of atmosphere; you can choose the quieter Chez Vincent, which seems more traditional, or Hannibal's where the bar is located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013We had been wanting to eat at Chez Vincent for some time, but never were able to do so until Mother's Day weekend. My wife and I decided that we would set up a lunch date just for us. The experience could not have been more wonderful! The atmosphere was great, the service exactly what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber, and the food.....absolutely out of this world delicious!!! And don't forget to have dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, but...UnimpressedDined on 5/10/20131. The food is all right, although not expensive. 2. Service was not professional, although helpful. 3. For lunch, the mashed potatoes and the crepe were reaheated in the microwave, although the beef b. was very good. It is a pitty that one good thing is spoiled by a lazy kitchen service. 4. Fish with too many spices, certainly not French. 5. For dinner, the waiter was helpful but far from professional. 6. I requested a table for seven, then called to add two people and they did not know. It´s a good place to visit but not too often. I hope it improves. Finally, it is good, but not great.
- Chez Vincent never disappoints!!MichelleDined on 4/21/2013Chez Vincent is truly a wonderful place to dine. The food is consistently excellent. I've never had a meal here that wasn't absolutely delicious. Try the mussels - the sauce is to die for!Special Features:
- 2nd time there and will definitelygator959Dined on 4/20/20132nd time there and will definitely be back when in the area. Waiter was very helpful with menu. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Funky and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013Found Hannibal's while searching for live music. Excellent acoustic guitarist who plays funky and current cover songs. But what really struck me was the atmosphere! Such a cool vibe! We sat at a table with big blue velvet chairs back in the corner (would have been romantic if it had been a date), had DELICIOUS food (Chef came out and talked to us, and even took my special request to modify his food for lower-calorie content...and seemed perfectly happy about it!) Server was super attentive and friendly (he seemed like he miight be a manager or co-owner, he took so much care). Absolutely loved everythiing about our experience.Special Features:
- Our waiter was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Our waiter was excellent, I was a little worried because we had a play afterward so timing was critical and on-lines review weren't all complimentary about the service. No problem there - the waiter was very friendly and knowledgable and timely. The food was excellent too. We tried Coq au vin; trout and chilean sea bass. We were very early 5:45 on Saturday and the place really filled up while we were there. Only downside was a rather chilly greeting as we entered. I'd highly recommend it - all around our experience was very good.Special Features:
- Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The appetizer was better than the entree. We ordered the quail and escargot and they were both delicious. The entree was a little disappointing. Like most of the review mentioned, the mashed potato tasted like it was from a TV dinner. The scallops were okay but not the best I've ever eaten (I've had better for a much cheaper price.) Luckily, the dessert made up for the rest of the meal. The ice-cream crepes was delicious and the apple pie was very special. Overall, the price does not match up with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- The pate (my favorite) wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The pate (my favorite) was dry. Wine list is overpriced. Desserts were excellent.
- Trout was a bit disappointing.JuneyDined on 3/7/2013Trout was a bit disappointing. Overcooked which is never good with fish!! Otherwise enjoyed the evening.
- We had a very nice quiet lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013We had a very nice quiet lunch after the farmers market.Special Features:
- An evening in a Paris cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Anthony our server was terrific. He recommended the chocolate souffle and the cream of carrot soup and was right on with both! A little higher priced than I expected, but the ambiance (just like Paris) and the food were great.Special Features:
- My Fiancee and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My Fiancee and I had a wonderful time and great experience. His fisrt time at a French restaurant and he loved it!Special Features:
- Uneven quality, in food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013Much like the presentation of a great dish, the quality of service has a direct impact on ones enjoyment of a restaurant's food. Unfortunately, Chez Vincent missed the mark on several of their dishes and the service brought down the entire evening. Entrees were good (salmon excellent), apps and desserts were bad (worst tarte tatin I've ever experienced).Special Features:
- How you should be treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013From the heartfelt greeting upon entering through an extremly relaxed pleasant diner made for a very enjoyable evening. When we are asked about Chez Vincent we tell them to go and see how you should be treated.Special Features:
- Perfect for that OccasionAlexVIPDined on 2/14/2013Nice place for special occasion! Staff was attentive ambience was nice, place was quite and the food was good, But I think I would get bored if I ate there more than once a month.Special Features:
- I read some reviews beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013I read some reviews before and many people criticized the service so we paid close attention to it. It was definitely not adequate for the price category. We were left by the entrance waiting for a while, the waiter never introduced herself etc. About the food: We were there for valentine's day and had to do the prix fix (that I was not informed about beforehand) for $70/person. the appetizer was good but lacked seasoning, my main was the duck and lamb and it was also just about average. My girl friend and I both agreed that the potato "fritter" (for the lack of a better word) was the best thing on both our dishes (yes, same sides on both dishes). Desert frosting tasted like it was from the can.
- booked chez vincent for valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2013booked chez vincent for valentines and was seated at the bar side Hannibals which is way more open not cosy and and when we arrived they originally wanted us. originally booked weeks ago and assumed that they would operate a normal french menu but no they had a $70.00 pp set menu with not one french dish on it !- the quality of the appitisers was poor -onion tart that was very bland and my wife ordered a sea food dish where they had cut a scallop into thirds to no doubt save money - the entrée however of steak and lamb was excellent and the main reason they have two stars rather than one - the dessert appeared as though it had been defrosted rather than fresh
- Over-hyped?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We went for a romantic Valentine's Day lunch. My wife has music rehearsals on Thursday night. We have kids. We wanted to avoid the usual evening rush. We were the first to arrive and had the restaurant to ourselves for a half hour. We gave ourselves an hour and a half before we had to pick up kids at school. Everything seemed to lag in spite of having two idle servers. We finally let our server know that time was running out as we had to depart soon to pick up kids. The entree still took a while to come out and when it did, it seemed that it had been hastily warmed up in an oven. The sliced vegetables were dry. The mashed potatoes had a crust. The crepe was crispy. We had no time to send anything back.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceresinexVIPDined on 2/4/2013The evening was wonderful. The food was excellent and even served on hot plates the way it should be.Special Features:
- Great place, wonderful foodAsiGVIPDined on 1/26/2013Great place, wonderful food and very good service! We had the calamari, the fillet and the code and the soffle and - all very tastySpecial Features:
- A NICE WAY TO SPEND THE EVENING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013FIRST TIME VISIT; WE WENT THERE TO HEAR OUR FAVORITE ENTERTAINER, DANI DONADI, AND DECIDED TO EAT THERE AS WELL BEFORE HE STARTED PERFORMING. ALL 3 OF US HAD A DELIGHTFUL AND TASTY MEAL AND WE TOLD CHEF VINCENT HOW MUCH WE ENJOYED IT. TERRIFIC.Special Features:
- Great meal at the Chez VincentkeithDined on 1/21/2013We had an excellent meal, wine was great and the service was exceptional. This restaurant was recommended to us by friends, now I am recommending it to you.Special Features:
- Hannibal's less formal thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Hannibal's less formal than Chez. Same very good food. Nice piano music with emphasis on mid-twentieth century classics.Special Features:
- The lamb was an embarrassmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012The lamb was an embarrassment to a rack of lamb. I felt like I was eating scraps off a bone like a dog. I could not believe I was paying $30 for something that was comparable to a hole in the wall restaurant. Waiter never asked me how the food was and if he did I would of expressed my disappointment. Great restaurant but do not order the lamb unless you have a full stomach and enjoy vegetables. Escargot was excellent and their assortment of wine was appealing.Special Features:
- Great spot for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012The food was amazing and the service was great. Couldn't have asked for more.Special Features: