Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar can seat up to 30 guests. Hannibal"s On The Square also available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Gagliano 4075992929
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Thursday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014We ate at CV on Thursday night. Outstanding food and wine....waiter was attentive and knowlegable without being intrusive. Rack of lamb was delicious...Will repeat ....great choice....Found through Urban Spoon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, underwhelming ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2014The food was very, very good. The service was great as well. We went on a weekday night and it was very slow and too quiet for us. Great if you want a quiet dinner but underwhelming if you are looking for an active Winter Park location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for the price pointBAKEDined on 2/15/2014For the price point I was quite underwhelmed. Though the service staff was friendly and accommodating, I found the food knowledge lacking. They were able to describe the dishes well, but unable to answer specific questions such as "which cut of meat are you serving and how is it prepared." Lack of specific knowledge was explained once our entrees were served. It was basically well plated banquet food. I nice piece of meat paired with mediocre sauce and steamed vegetables. Which are generally signs of an efficient, but less creative environment. Though the ambiance was pleasant and we were treated well, I do not think we will return. It is simply too much of a disapointment to grossly overpay for an underwhelming dining experience.
- excellent food. staff seemedmikeDined on 2/14/2014excellent food. staff seemed very rushed. 5 minutes late (called ahead), had to wait 20 minutes for table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Traditional French Gem!Asilomar24Dined on 1/25/2014We loved our recent lunch experience at Chez Vincent. The food, atmosphere and service were impeccable! Our server was pleasant, professional and knowledgable about the menu and wine list. As always, the food was amazing! Our guests really enjoyed the escargots in garlic butter, the tomato and basil soup and the Cesar Salad to start. The entrees were equally delicious, particularly the sauteed chicken breast with mushrooms, diced apples, calvados liquer with a touch of cream and the crab cake with mango sauce. Thank you, Chez Vincent, for making our special celebration memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay. Service canOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Food was okay. Service can be improved. Ambiance is good when the pianist Mike is performing. Hannibal's Lounge could be perfect for a night cap and listen to some live music.Special Features:
- ExcellentWinendineDined on 1/18/2014We frequent many of the Winter Park restaurants but had never taken the opportunity to eat at Hannibal's. Took my wife here for her birthday and really enjoyed it with my wife saying its one of the best dinners she's ever had! Rack of Lamb was excellent as was the tuna. Large overstuffed chairs were too big for us making you sink and sit back. Even with the small back pillow, I do not recommend you sit in these chairs unless you are over 6 feet tall! Sit at one of the center table with regular chairs and you will be more comfortable. Overall excellent experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but....SrJewDined on 1/17/2014In all, we had an enjoyable evening. However, the server was average and really didn't seem as if he wanted to wait on us. I would think that the service in a prominent place as Chez Vincent, would be outstanding across the board especially when there were only 3 tables. The food was excellent, although, even with appetizers, bread and some deserts, we left feeling a bit hungrier then expected for the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely marvelous. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2014Absolutely marvelous. It was like being in a small romantic restaurant in Paris. The food, wine list and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleRemusDined on 1/12/2014Place empty Sunday brunch, should have turned and left! VERY expensive! (9$ mimosas?) French toast with canned peaches? Broken yolks on eggs benni? Cheap bread for sandwiches and for no customers a painfully long wait......150$$ for 5 people and escargots appetizer never showed up:-(. Never again!
- Pleased!MaryDined on 12/30/2013We really liked the small, quaint atmosphere of this place. Service was prompt and efficient. Our waiter returned often to our table to check on us and refilled our drinks. He was quite knowledgeable of the menus selections and offered suggestions. Our food was good, we started with soup and the cream of carrot and cream of mushroom soups were delicious! Our main meal dishes were good, not outstanding. The tables are a bit close together, would be nice to separate them a bit more. Excellent selection of wines to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not specialpennyDined on 12/30/2013We had a nice dinner at Chez Vincent --a nice atmosphere, friendly and efficient service. While the food was good, it was uneven in quality. For example, the pate was bland, relatively tasteless; the soups were good but not exceptional; the lamb was the best course of the evening; pork tenderloins were good. Side dishes were fine. Considering the price, we did not find this either exceptional. We will probably not return.
- Chez VincentJohnDined on 12/30/2013Computer reservation site, Excellent and easy to use. Food and service superb. Companion said the escargot was the best she had ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishMuntzbellDined on 12/28/2013My husband and I love a romantic fun evening at Chez Vincent. The wait staff never fail. They know the menu inside and out and are happy to giver suggestions. Luis and Anthony are our favorites. Thanks for memorable evenings. Barbara and Bobbie BellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the French onion was delicious,AmandaVIPDined on 12/27/2013the French onion was delicious, one of the best I've had! the sauce on the pork was good but the pork itself was a little over cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Christmas EveRalphDined on 12/24/2013Christmas Eve dinner at Chez Vincent was delightful. The service was excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick and EmilyRickDined on 12/22/2013The food was beautifully presented, sophisticated, generously proportioned and absolutely delicious. And our waiter was warm, knowledgeable, attentive and provided exceptional service. We enjoyed ourselves so much Again, the meal was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningtomluboDined on 12/20/2013The food was very good. We have never been disappointed with service or food at Chez Vincent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really the exdperience waswilfridoDined on 12/19/2013really the exdperience was not good. it was a big table celebrating holidays with a couple of ladies laughing very loudly. only two waiters for the whole restaurant. food is good but we thing prices are high . overall experience was not good.
- Nice EveningFamilyDined on 12/17/2013Nice evening out at the Hannibal's side with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful CelebrationLadySDined on 12/13/2013All entrees were wonderful. Everyone was pleased. Their desserts are worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming LocalJeffSDined on 12/12/2013This is a local neighborhood gem that caters to it's customers and is all about providing a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Favorite PlaceFriendlyDinerDined on 11/28/2013Chez Vincent is a jewel of a restaurant, with an excellent dinner menu and very professional and friendly wait staff. It is our "go to" place when we want to treat ourselves or friends to a special meal, and we have never been disappointed there after many visits. Its friendly ambience has made us always as welcome at CZ as if we were having dinner in a private home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Orlando fine diningWaterdogFLDined on 11/27/2013A first experience with Chez Vincent for us, but we'll gladly be back. From the delicious carrot soup through the flour-less chocolate cake for desert, everything was good. We opted for wines by the glass to accompany the meal, and both the red and white were very good to accompany our meals.Special Features:
- had a very enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013had a very enjoyable dining experience at Chez Vincent - excellent food and service, was a special occasion for our Mother's 90th Birthday and was all very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Vincent is an excellentluv2dineoutVIPDined on 11/12/2013Chez Vincent is an excellent restaurant in Winter Park, FL with the feel of Paris. The food, the service and the ambience are wonderful. It is elegant and comfortable. From traditional French cuisine to their daily specials there is something for everyone's taste. Whether a local or tourist, when in Winter Park, FL do not miss Chez Vincent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.ScottDined on 11/11/2013The food and service was excellent. Our waitress had the entire menu memorized, which is not very common. For the kind of food you get it is relatively inexpensive, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Amazing French food! I was a little nervous taking my foodie friends to a place that I have never before tried however Chez Vincent did not disappoint. Great atmosphere, great service and fantastic food. The venison dish was possibly the best that I have ever tried and the pumpkin souffle was to die for. I was even impressed that the Chef came out into the resturant to interact with the guests. We will definitley be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a star!SuperbVIPDined on 10/31/2013Chez Vincent is a star in the realm of restaurants. Our food was outstanding. This was for a special occasion & was made very even more so by our server Elissa.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJustroxDined on 10/24/2013We loved the quiet atmoshere of the dining room. It was easy to have a conversation. The food was excellent tasting. I thought the filet portions were a little small, but very tender and tasty. The appetizers were great and salads were delightful and fresh. What a great wine list to choose from as well. The owner Vincent came out to our table and visited with us. I thought that was wonderful. A very pleasant gentleman. I would definately come back again. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an excellent dinningEmmaDined on 10/16/2013What an excellent dinning experience! I would recommend it to anybody who appreciates great food and service. For appetizer I had foiegras seared with apples in a delicious brandy (?)sauce. I have to go back just to try it again and beg for recipe. Venison was perfect as well. So were rack of lamb and seafood sampler platter of my companions. Great wine selection, specially Bordeaux, my favorite. Also very nice single malts list. What a wonderful evening we had! Flawless food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best, but good.RobertDined on 9/28/2013We too took advantage of the Magical Dining Menu on Saturday night. I understand that this is not "Top Shelf", but overall compared to other French cuisine restaurants this meal was middle of the pack. Location is cute, and not jammed like Park Ave. it was very busy, so a bit noisy, but not table to table, just overall. We enjoyed the dinner, but not enough to return.Special Features:
- UnderwelmedgoodtimeswantedDined on 9/28/2013We went as a group of four to Chez Vincent, each celebrating an anniversary. We were so excited about this venue from all the revues we read. The restaurant itself has a very old world, romantic feel and the servers were very pleasant. We ordered from the September special dining menu because we felt we would get the most variety without overindulging. Unfortunately, that may have been our dinners' demise. The appetizers were fair at best. The grouper was overwhelmed with sauce. The pork was over cooked. We requested a bottle of sweet, white wine, and were provided with one that was very acidic in nature. The items we enjoyed most were our desserts. Unfortunately we will not be back.Special Features:
- Winter Park Gem!winterparkfoodieDined on 9/27/2013A wonderful, viberant spot with terrific food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicefuntimesDined on 9/25/2013Always wanted to try this restaurant...Loved it! Friendly and prompt service. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad....GlennDined on 9/21/2013The waitstaff at the restaurant were stellar in my opinion. They were very attentive and we never went without anything. The ambiance was very nice, and did have a little bistro feel. We had a great table with plenty of room, but I could imagine that it would get crowded if we went in later. We did a combination of the magical dining menu and the regular menu so that we could try two different soups. The cream of mushroom soup was AMAZING and I would go back to Chez Vincent just for it. The proteins were cooked flawlessly. My only compliant was that the side dishes seemed lackluster in comparison, lacking both flavor and imagination. We also ordered the souffle' which was kinda bleh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & ServiceGourmetBritVIPDined on 9/20/2013Had heard good things about this place, and it more than lived up to its reputation. Very European ambience, superb food presented just as well as it would be in Europe, very good staff that were personable but not intrusive. A great experience, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a lovely,RayADined on 9/17/2013My wife and I had a lovely, memorable meal. The service was worthy of a 25% tip. There was music playing, but we felt that something a little more instrumental would have enhanced the ambiance. The noise level was quiet, which was great. I actually want to hear the person with whom I'm having a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/11/2013We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. The food was delicious. We waited a bit before our order was taken. But it definitely was worth the wait. The veal is the most tender melt in your mouth veal I have ever eaten. And the warm french bread was out of this world. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarygeorgioDined on 9/10/2013We had a wonderful evening & a fine dinner with very pleasant and attentive service. First time diners but we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.