Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar can seat up to 30 guests. Hannibal"s On The Square also available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Gagliano 4075992929
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Was very disapointed in ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010Was very disapointed in Chef Vincents. we made reservations for 8pm, and did not get seated until 8-45. The food was not as exeptional as had been written in several logs. Was disapointed in the pate, not good. The meat was good on our entrees, but due to the time that we finally received our dinners we found the vegtables to be old, and dried up. My husband had taken a special for $42 which was to be accompanied by a glass of wine, at no time did the waiter offer the glass of wine, or take it off the price of the dinner. The apple pie was the least to say was anything but good, the apples had all gone black as was deffinately not a french apple tart. Would I go back to the restaurant absoulutely not.
- The creamy carrot soup wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010The creamy carrot soup was delicious - my wife was OK with the rustic lumps but I would have preferred a more silky texture; pork tenderloin and venison were cooked perfectly but the sauce on the venison tasted more like canned beef gravy than the cherry influenced sauce described in the menu; my vegetables were cold and dry, my wife's were OK. The wine was excellent. Service was lacking - they appeared to be understaffed. No reason to return.Special Features:
- Great food and wine. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/23/2010Great food and wine. The service was perfect as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourJbossDined on 10/16/2010We thoroughly enjoyed our evenimg at Chez Vincent. It was our first time but we will return.Special Features:
- Excellent food choice andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2010Excellent food choice and great taste, good service and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Very disappointed. The saladOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2010Very disappointed. The salad I was served was very bad and shouldn't have been brought to the table. It would not have happened in France.
- Overall very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2010Overall very good service along with unique food experience (one of the few french restaurants actually serving real french fine meals) ! Classy restaurant, great chef, perfect for a romantic dinner or just to enjoy a delicious dinner in a very nice quarter (winter park). Will definitely come back !Special Features:
- Chez Vincent has a lot ofJL84VIPDined on 9/26/2010Chez Vincent has a lot of potential and I strongly desire to go back and try it again. The night that my wife and I were there was obviously (and addmitedly by the service staff) an off night. Chez Vincent was actually closed for rennovations, so we were sat in Hannibal's on the Square and given the Chez Vincent menu. Hannibals had recently hosted a wedding was not cleaned or propertly reset. We were attended to by 3 servers. A man who seemed curt and disinterested, and left us sitting at our table for quote somet ime after seating us, and a French gentleman and a young lady who were quite pleasent. The food was mediocre, albeit presented nicely and very appealing on the menu. Everyone is entitled to an off night; try it anyway!
- We needed a location thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2010We needed a location that could accomodate 11 people. No one from our group had previously eaten there. When we arrived .. they gave us an extra special location!!!!!! The WINE CELLAR!!!!! It was FUN!!!!! We didn't have to worry about being too loud... It was like our own private party!!!!!! The food was great. The service was wonderful! And Mr. Chez himself came down and siad hello!!!! GREAT FIND!Special Features:
- the service was great, thefookshingDined on 9/25/2010the service was great, the staff was very attentive and enjoyed our first experience there. We will definitely be back againSpecial Features:
- took advantage of OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2010took advantage of Orlando Magical Month Dining..first time there .will definitely be back..food was wonderful had pork tenderloin that melted in your mouth..pate and cheese plate excellent ...the dessert crepe was fantastic..worth the money..waiter was the bestSpecial Features:
- This is probably the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2010This is probably the most consistently excellent restaurant in Orlando. Chef Vincent takes great pride in offering the best to his patrons since 1997.Special Features:
- We dined from the MagicalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2010We dined from the Magical Dining Menu. We ate pate and snails, pate was a little dry, and not used to being served pate with mustard and a gherkin, sauce with snails was excellent. Beef crepe was absolutely delicious as was the pork which just melted in the mouth. We followed with chocolate crepe and creme brulee, both superb. We drank Evian water and a bottle of Fleurie. We had a very attentive and charming waiter who originated from France and had spent time training in the South-East of England about 35 miles from where we live. The chef came round the tables at the end of the evening. We had not explored that particular part of Orlando before and found it quite lovely, and plan to return both the Chez Vincent and to explore the area.Special Features:
- Superb food and service. DefinatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2010Superb food and service. Definately will be returning.Special Features:
- It's been years since we visitedMajorHDined on 9/18/2010It's been years since we visited this restaurant, but it will only be days before we return! What were we thinking?Special Features:
- terrible... just terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2010terrible... just terrible. had to send my lunch back twice. no comp was even offered. server never brought our drinks.
- Great foods, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2010Great foods, excellent service, very confortable atmosphere, well suite for family or group eating. Will come again.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2010We had a wonderful dinner. Everything was beautifully prepared and presented. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Our reservation was notedPkerxVIPDined on 9/10/2010Our reservation was noted by the maitre de and we were seated immediately. The waiter was having a less than stellar night, but it was obvious he was professional. Given the extensive wine list, it would have been nice if the waiter had offered some guidance. The food was delicious and an appropriate portion (not ridiculously huge or minescule). We left satisfied and with plans to try this restaurant again. We tried the restaurant because it was participating in Orlando's Magical Dining Month. The pate, beef crepe and chocolate- raspberry mousse were excellent. The creme brûlée had a bit too much sugar glazed in top- made it hard to access the delicious creaminess below.Special Features:
- Fabulous! I am just disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2010Fabulous! I am just disappointed that we waited so long to try it because I can only think of all the wonderful dining experiences we have missed!Special Features:
- We're not sure which one ofEsquireDined on 9/8/2010We're not sure which one of the three men who attended to us was our server, so getting drinks and getting a cold glass of wine wasn't the easiest thing to do. When we called one of the men over to tell him the wine wasn't chilled, he said he already knew that. So why was it served? I dined from the Magical Dining Month menu; the French onion soup was excellent, the beef in the beef crepes was overdone and stringy, and the creme bruleé wasn't the best I've had. My companion had a house salad (I asked for a house salad, but the server said, "I have a salad with goat cheese," and then he brought my companion a house salad), the salmon, and the duck, which were "passable." We would not go back. We'll drive further from home next time.
- We had an excellent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2010We had an excellent dining experience. The ambience was excellent, as was the service. We had an appetizer of escargot, which was done perfectly, without a hint of toughness, and with just the right amount of garlic. Then we had French onion soup, which was also excellent, one of the best French onion soups I've had in a while. We both had porc ala moutarde, and this also was very good, the pork cooked perfectly, very tender, in an excellent brown mustard sauce. The vegetables, especially the cabbage, were very, very good, though it would have been nice to have a trifle more. For dessert, we had a very good creme brule. There can be no doubt we will be back.Special Features:
- The food was execellent, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2010The food was execellent, very tasty and the portions were just right.Special Features:
- It appears that Chez Vincent'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2010It appears that Chez Vincent's isn't putting their best foot forward with the Magical Dining programs. We have dined here in the past and had better meals when we did not have a special price offer. The crepe wrapped tenderloin had pieces of tenderloin that were cut too large to be contained properly within the crepe, the pate was bland and the french onion soup too salty. Our server was very nice and attentive and our desserts were good including the creme brulee.
- The restaurant is charmingOrlandoChowDined on 9/3/2010The restaurant is charming and we wanted to like it. The food was mediocre - side of rice was reheated and crispy.Special Features:
- Chef Vincent takes a breakOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2010Chef Vincent takes a break from the kitchen to visit every table emphasizing the family owned quality in every bite. The food is superb, but this is definitely a special occasion kind of place. As a wellness coach, I could tell from the first bite that the fat and sodium content of the food is more than I would normally tolerate, but the quality ingredients make you forget that for this one meal. Enjoy!Special Features:
- I went on a recomendationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2010I went on a recomendation by a friend and I had a very good experience from the reception to the overall service, the food. Overall i would recommend it for a special dinner out.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2010We always enjoy our dining experience at Chez Vincent's!Special Features:
- The best part about our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2010The best part about our meal was the food, and I guess that's the way it should be. My corvina special was cooked to near perfection, as was my wife's duck. There are some reasonable wines by the glass, which works for us since we have different tastes. The meal was not without issue, though. The dining is in need of some sprucing up.....actually, more like a complete overhaul. You can tell it hasn't been updated in decades, as it is really showing its wear. While quiet in and of itself, some noise spills over from the neighboring bar, Hannibal's.....not a problem for us, but others should be prepared for it. Our server left a little to be desired, as he wasn't the most attentive, but the other two servers helped out. Good overall.
- Our overall experience wasBrewerVIPDined on 7/23/2010Our overall experience was enjoyable… The pate was interesting as it wasn’t spreadable. The warm pastry cream in the Gratin de Fruits was excellent, but the medley of berries consisted of merely strawberries.
- Place was completely emptyJoannmVIPDined on 7/20/2010Place was completely empty -- we were the only table. Two waiters to serve us but I had to flag one down when my wine glass went empty. Food was wonderful, great Pre Fixe meal.Special Features:
- Had lived here for years butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2010Had lived here for years but somehow missed this great little french spot in Winter Park. Easily some of the best food you will have in Orlando. We had the calamari appetizer which was amazing as it was very fresh and served with a red pepper seasoning. For our entrees we had the filet mignon and my wife ordered the scallops. Both were cooked to perfection with each plate accompanied by a small side of vegetable and potato. I should warn you if your looking to have that "full" feeling you get from every other place here in town, you might want to double up on the french bread as the portions are normal sized, which is the way it should be. Even with a minor cork incident where the waiter broke the cork into the bottle we brought, A-Special Features:
- The restaurant's decor isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2010The restaurant's decor is very nice. Service was ok. When our main course arrived, we noticed that the vegetables looked as if they had been sitting out under a heating lamp for quite a while. They looked wrinkled and a bit shriveled. We were wondering if the chef cooked it for lunch and we just got the leftovers for our dinner. The quality of our main couse (I had the orange glazed duck dish, my friend had scallops) was simply mediocre. Especially considering the premium prices they were charging. The deserts were just ok. I can't say the food was bad, per se, simply not in keeping with the price. I don't care what dinner out costs, cheap or expensive, as long as it's good. This was just not what we were expecting.Special Features:
- serivce was excellent. theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2010serivce was excellent. the food, while good, was disappointing when compared to la coq au vin. it was a slow night, so perhaps the kitchen got a little complacent? cold potatoes, and the filet (i prefer medium rare) was extremely rare. good wine and company though.Special Features: