2102 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revivalbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5105499950
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00-10:00pm
Sundays 5:00- 9:30
Late Night Menu Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:00-11:00
Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday 3:00-6:00
Live music on Thursday nights!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amy Murray
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Revival Bar + Kitchen provides excellent and innovative lunch box catering in downtown Berkeley. We create tasty, and organic menus with generous options for interesting sandwiches, grain salads, vegetable salads, and desserts.
- Entertainment: We are hosting special events on occasion. Please sign up for our email list (via our website). We will send out announcements a few weeks prior to events. Your email will remain confidential.
- Special Events: Revival Bar+Kitchen features culinary, cocktail, and musical events on occasion. Special Artisan Wine Dinners, and Thematic Farmer Menus are our specialty. Sign up for our email list to get notified. Your email will remain confidential.
- Cross Street: Addison
- Public Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART is just a few steps away. It's a major hub for AC transit as well.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking may be tight, but there are numerous options for reasonably-priced pay lots within a few blocks. Downtown Berkeley Parking Map link on our website.
A word from Revival Bar+Kitchen
Revival Bar+Kitchen is serving distinctive, locally sourced, farm-to table, snout-to tail, utterly delicious food for dinner. The full bar is mixing original, hand-crafted cocktails, and our bar menu is available to satisfy after-the-show appetites. We have a 40 person private room for everything from business dinners to wedding parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Revival Bar+Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Berkeley ›
Revival Bar+Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)vibrant bar scene (70)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (33)romantic (28)notable wine list (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014We ate here for the first time in April and enjoyed the experience so much that we returned. Once again when told that we had a theater performance to attend, the staff ensured that we were able to enjoy our meal as well as make the performance on time. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious. The lardo accent brought out the sweetness of the tomatoes. The small charcuterie plate was enough for two people. The diverse seasonings and textures blended perfectly. We would return again.Special Features:
- Great findSallyDined on 6/14/2014The food was exciting and novel and delicious. Wait staff - Dion - was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceJon1949Dined on 6/13/2014We had the charcuterie plate, which was excellent. Each item was tasty. The middle size was plenty for two people. Fritto mixto was also wonderful. The house salads were large and fresh. The Spanish wine went well with all of it. Our waiter and the team were very attentive. All in all, very, very nice.Special Features:
- Fall in love with BerkeleyLive4foodDined on 6/10/2014This spot made me fall in love with Berkeley...again. Food was outstanding and the atmosphere just as vibrant. Very "Berkeley" crowd, great scene for dinner and/or bar. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before the theaterSuzieQVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to revival before attending a berkeley rep show. Food came out quickly by our wonderful server, and the fiord was fantastic. The Gnudi with spring peas was delicious as was our panna cotta dessert! Cocktails very fun but pretty pricey for the size. The waitress was wonderful as were all the service staff.Special Features:
- good eating at RevivaleclecticDined on 6/7/2014Revival has a very eclectic menu which makes it fun to visit - to see what's there this time. I had the duck mousse pate and the duck breast and they were both wonderful. My partner enjoyed the kale salad and the trout. No complaints anywhere. Our wait person acknowledged our need to get to an early show and got us in and out with no problems.Special Features:
- We'll be back...sfrefugeeDined on 6/5/2014Interesting room. Friendly wait staff. The food was the star and the star of the food was the lamb chop in the mixed grill. Never had one with such deep lamb flavor.Special Features:
- Food Was GreatPhenomenalVIPDined on 6/1/2014I read the mixed reviews. We did experience slow-ish service, but the food was great. We started with the Duck Pate (smooth and creamy) and a mushroom flatbread (thin and crispy - very flavorful). My husband and I both had the duck with the black risotto which was fantastic. The duck legs were tender and the breast was perfectly cooked (Medium). It was super busy (Sunday night) but the atmosphere was energetic and our service was fine. it' definitely falls into the "medium" price category for the Bay Area, but I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a datefuegofroDined on 5/31/2014My girlfriend and I have gone here many times for special occasions like our anniversary or her birthday. It's a classy place, friendly wait staff, not too expensive, delicious, and with good size portions. I usually eat a lot, but I've never gone away from here hungry; even the flatbread appetizers make a pretty decent meal. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for organic eatingAlexandraDined on 5/31/2014I have been several times to Revival and always enjoy my experience. I really like that they offer local, sustainable and organic foods, but I would encourage them to add more vegetables to their entrees. For the price, we should not have to bulk them up with side vegetables.Special Features:
- Solid California cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014This is one of our standard pre-Berkeley Rep dinner places. We had an early show, so had an early (5:30) dinner time. We asked for a window table, but were told they were all booked, so if you want a window, pre-book. We had a great waitress, with great service, they are attuned to the theatre crowd. Friend had ricotta dumplings which were yummy and I had duck with "spring vegetables." Also good. Appetizer of trout rilette (like a paste) arrived with literally 5 blue potato chips, so if you want to dip, get bread or something.Special Features:
- The Perfect Spot!RADfoodieVIPDined on 5/29/2014Outstanding food and great ambience. Chef Amy's gem is the perfect combination of creative and tasty cuisine in a casual but elegant environment - all at reasonable prices. We will be returning again and again. I highly recommend the Grand Chawee on the innovative cocktail menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always hope it will be betterAliceBTVIPDined on 5/29/2014This always seems like it should be good, with all its foodie buzzwords, but the overpriced dishes disappoint -- for instance, under seasoned trout over a decent vegetable hash but spoiled by an oddly sweet cream pretending to be hip; way over-vinagered house made pickles. Because it's so close to the Rep, we keep trying. Maybe not anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014What a great find in Berkeley! The housemade charcuterie and pickles were incredible and the large plate would have been pleny for a group. The seasonal menu was creative and fun. Desserts were wonderful. This will be a favorite when we go to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but noisyHucksterDined on 5/25/2014Revival is a wonderful restaurant-- delightful food and ambience, friendly and helpful service. I'd definitely go back with a party of 4 or less. We were a group of six and had just been to a very stimulating play. We could not hear each other enough to discuss much of anything.Special Features:
- bike2eatDined on 5/24/2014High-end, seasonal cocktail were fresh and provocative....as were the salads and entrees. Pairing a salad with an "starter" also made a great meal. The salmon over potato-asparagus hash was excellent. Waiter was knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions. Was very glad to have a reserved table waiting for us on this visit. Dining at 6:00 p.m. was perfect for a leisurely paced meal before 8:00 p.m. theater. The hustle-bustle of kitchen and bar added intrigue and atmosphere, but was a bit noisy for my aging ears.Special Features:
- Hit and Missmaster88erDined on 5/24/2014The quality of the food is very good, what there is of it. I started with Stuffed Squash blossoms that were fabulous, but my main course, the Salmon, was mediocre at best, and minuscule for the price. It was one half of a small filet, served on top of burnt little pieces of potato and kale hash. VERY disappointing. Carrying on that burnt theme was the flouless chocolate cake dessert, which was dry and had very burnt coffee flavor. Next time, I think ill just do appetizer and drink before Theater if I go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Fabulous meal and I love the decor and the winelist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surpriseSawbuxDined on 5/23/2014Recommended by a friend, we had dinner, the ragu was outstanding, very nice selection of wine.Special Features:
- Good food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2014Only complaint: the cost. The Opentable summary shows 2 dollar signs, but our dinner for 7 was $60pp.
- The following 1014 reviews are from the Revival Bar+Kitchen reviews archive.
- menujim746Dined on 5/18/2014There was a number of interesting choices you don't see on many menus , I tried the Goat and was delighted with the dish.Special Features:
- Theater NightLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/18/2014Great dinner location if you are attending the Berkeley Rep or Aurora Theater. Food and service were excellent. Really enjoyed drinking the Red-Headed Dunklewizen Beer with my mixed grill entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious farm to table mealHappyhogDined on 5/17/2014I highly recommend Revival for its outstanding food and interesting menu. Our food was exceptional. The fusion of flavours in their salads is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revived by RevivaleetlustDined on 5/13/2014The food was uniformly creative, delicious, pleasingly presented. Service was readily available and helpful. Rich choice of starters, entrees, desserts, wines. A first-class evening.Special Features:
- Great local foodac21Dined on 5/10/2014I've enjoyed every meal I've had at Revival. The menu changes regularly, so there's always something new to try. This time my companion and I were pleasantly surprised by the salad with apricot, green strawberry, and almond hummus. The service is excellent; our waiter was attentive, answered questions, and encouraged us to take our time with our meal so that despite the bustle of the restaurant, we didn't feel rushed. Also...great cocktails!Special Features:
- Perfect for Theater-GoersHedonistDined on 5/8/2014Enjoyed a delish pre-theater dinner with excellent food (roast salmon), decadent desserts, and fine service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revival is a neighborhood gem!EastBayGourmandDined on 5/7/2014We were seated and order taken promptly without any need to call staff for attention. The wait staff was knowledgeable about the menu and wines. The food was served promptly and was very well prepared (piping hot upon arrival). Prices seemed reasonable for this type of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local farm to tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014We enjoyed our starters and meals but the menu was a little limited in its offerings. I don't prefer big menus and i know that this is all fresh, local food. Almost all entrees and starters were for foodies over standard dinner patrons. Wine list a bit limited but offered wines from around the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre or post BRTHikerherbDined on 5/4/2014Revival Bar and Kitchen is a lively restaurant with a great bar, and a long low table with seating on both sides for a drink or light snacks. The restaurant staff are trained to ask at the very start of being seated if the party is attending a nearby theater like Berkeley Rep. The dinner menu has some great starters, and salads for diners in the mood for light fare. The dinner choices are about seven in number, but cover the gamut of tastes and preferences. A good value, but not cheap.Special Features:
- perfect for pre-theatrecelebrationVIPDined on 5/4/2014this is a perfect place to go before berkeley rep shows. good service, wide variety in choices of meals: flatbread, salads, appetizers. never disappoints. I did try a keg wine that i wasn't crazy about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/3/2014My party of four ate here on a Saturday night, before going to a local theater. We sat down at 6:15 and did not receive our food until 7:30. We almost never saw our waiter. He did stop by once, about 7:15, to tell us our food would be right out. He lied. It was only after we flagged him down that we finally got our meals. We did get an apology from somebody on the staff, not the waiter. The delay was not caused by our slowness in ordering. Just bad, bad, service.
- Good mealmimsDined on 5/3/2014We were surprised how good the food was. We had been there before and didn't like it. This time it was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous farm-to-tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Amazing menu using seasonal, locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. I was in a party of 6 and was able to try over 10 different dishes. Everyone one was fabulous and unique. Beautiful, well-balanced interior fit for fine dining and romance.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Food was excellent. Had the fresh pea soup and spinach salad For a light meal. Dinner companions had pork chop and duck confit. Wines by the glass. A delightful dining experience. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates Hit or MissondyhoneyDined on 5/1/2014First off, we had to change our rez at the last minute because of public transportation delays and the restaurant bent over backwards to accommodate us, especially since we had a theater deadline. We shared three small plates - charcuterie (delicious, plentiful, good contrasts), a green strawberry/grapefruit salad (nice) and duck confit flatbread (awful, undercooked, flavorless, embarrassingly bad). Would go back because of the location but would be very careful about ordering.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revival Bar+Kitchen, Fabulous!!!JudithlhVIPDined on 5/1/2014Dinner at Revival before a show. Started with an excellent pate with wonderful garnishes including house made mustard and pickled raisins. Gnudi for me, trout for my husband. Only four entrees on the menu, but if our two were any indication they were all divine. Everything is local, organic and sustainable. Also original, beautifully prepared and delicious. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Also thoughtful: we ordered the rhubarb souffle for dessert and the server checked to see if we had a curtain because souffles take time (which we did, and it was worth the wait). An excellent meal and a lovely experience. Recommend, big time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We look forward to RevivalSaraEDined on 5/1/2014We look forward to pre-theater dinner at Revival - no exception this time. We started with the country pâté with pistachios - always served with a variety of house-made pickled veggies and mustard, chutney and toasted baguette slices. It was delicious with our North Coast bubbly from Côtes de Pente, recommended by our server. We shared the trout special - in addition to being perfectly cooked and seasoned it came with a variety of seasonal roasted vegetables. On the side we tried the lollipop kale - if you like roasted Brussels sprouts and kale you'll love this hybrid - covered in coarse salt, they further complemented the trout. No room for the tempting desserts, but we enjoyed a perfect cappuccino before heading out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions of Ambience and FoodMarindocVIPDined on 4/23/2014Pre-theater, this is our favorite Berkeley restaurant. House crafted cocktails with unusual ingredients are a plus and flatbread(s) are shareable among 4. If adding charcuterie plate, select the small one unless you wish to forgo dinner entree! We had braised lamb, mixed grill, ricotta gnudi, roasted duck and had some to take home. Cost without wine was ~ $120 incl. tip. We'll be back again and again!Special Features:
- You get what you pay forLiveLoveEatDined on 4/20/2014Fresh, local ingredients; attentive service. Mains are well-composed; the gems are the smaller plates - more affordable and fun to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on Easter Sunday. We had the charcuterie for a starter. Excellent tastes and textures. My husband had the brandade fritters. They were light and not a bit oily. The rest of our party had the leg of lamb. The lamb was cooked perfectly - rare/medium. When we told our waiter that we had tickets to a 7pm performance, he immediately informed the kitchen that we were on a schedule. Service was prompt but not rushed and we had plenty of time to make it to the theater. We will definitely be back to explore the menu further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.