Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
7228 E. 1st Ave.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cienagaves.com/
- Phone: 4809709002x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ricky DeAlba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a rehearsal dinner, birthday party or corporate holiday party, consider our upstairs cantina and private dining room. Able to seat up to 65 guests, it includes its own indoor/outdoor bar area, a small patio, lounge area and dining room. We offer a separate menu that includes banquet options for large groups of 40 or more guests. Bookings are subject to availability. Call (480) 970-9002 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Roque Jimenez 4809709002x
- Cross Street: 1st Ave and Scottsdale Rd
- Public Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley has a drop off on the corner of our street!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Old Town Scottsdale offers several parking lots within walking distance of our front doors. in addition there is parking along the front of our restaurant. Old Town is very pedestrian friendly.
A word from Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
Casual, upbeat, fun and located right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila is a favorite among locals and out-of-towners for tasty tacos and top-shelf tequila. Stop in before or after shopping and Spring Training games, or jump-start your night on the town with our 100 premium, handcrafted tequilas and made-to-order specialty margaritas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Seated our part of 8 withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Seated our part of 8 without a problem. Place could use a deep clean and a tortilla chip warmer as the chips were cold. Overall good service, great tacos and a nice margarita list.Special Features:
- Good food, Reasonable prices,Table4twoDined on 3/3/2013Good food, Reasonable prices, but too Noisy to easily carry on a conversation.
- The happy hour apps and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013The happy hour apps and drinks were really good. We had a large group the next night and recommended it. Everyone really liked it.
- Good food, but watch out...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/26/2013Food and service were fine, but nothing over the top? Be careful though! They seem to play some games with open table reservations. I checked in for my reservation and 5 minutes affter leaving they cancelled my booking. I called the restaurant and they advised they'd reverse this, but didn't. To get my points, I had to email open table!Special Features:
- We came in on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We came in on Valentine's day for a low key dinner. We had fajitas and margaritas which were yummy! Our server was quick and attentive. It was a good experience overall, and I would definitely go back.
- I had a group of 12. The waitressabreec05Dined on 2/8/2013I had a group of 12. The waitress was wonderful! Split the bill up for individuals and couples. It was one of the best service experiences I've had. The food was great as well. It was just overall a great experience and all my friends were happy I chose Cien Agaves for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- unfortunately that day wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2013unfortunately that day was Super bowl Sunday. it was so quiet. only few other customer in bar. food is good. but service is little slow, maybe hidden seat. also they watch tv, too. i don't know i have next time to go over there. even i want to go. because 350 miles way from my apartment. i wish i have next timeSpecial Features:
- excellent service, first andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013excellent service, first and foremost. the food quality was outstanding. I highly recommend the cucumber lime margarita. It sounds strange, but tastes wonderfully refreshing and slightly sweet.Special Features:
- Substantial ambient noisemhkolmanVIPDined on 12/30/2012This is a very noisy place. I am not sure why; there were not that many people in the restaurant. I think the TVs were turned up too high. The food was OK - ample portions but the tastes were mediocre. Their idea of "spicy" was disappointing. The only good points about this place are that it accepts Open Table reservations and it is conveniently located.
- Made reservations thru OpenTable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Made reservations thru OpenTable. Reservation time was for a busy Happy Hour timeframe so I expected to have to wait. I was surprised - our table was ready at our reservation time. EXCELLENT job Cien Agaves!!!! The staff was extremely busy but still managed to be very friendly and get everything ordered and served very quickly. Excellent Happy Hour prices and service. We'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Fun spot in Old Town Scottsdale.MtbikerDined on 9/30/2012Fun spot in Old Town Scottsdale. Great tacos and Margaritas.
- We had fajitas and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012We had fajitas and seafood enchiladas. The fajitas were good, but not better than others we have had. The red sauce on the enchiladas was not one that I cared for.
- Not as good as it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/3/2012Made our Opentable reservation on my mobile an hour before we arrived. We got there 5mins past our selected time to a packed restaurant. Thinking "good thing we made a reservation!" the hostess tells us there is nothing available and since we were 'late' they gave our table away...really? We finally got a table, got our drinks, ordered food, then sat waiting for chips and salsa that never came. The pricey $11 margaritas were way too sweet with little tequila. I think this place has gone thru management changes and in my opinion the quality of food has gone downhill and so has the service. This used to be one of my favorite taco joints but with so many great choices in Scottsdale, I don't think I will be rushing back.
- Wife I had the oppertunityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Wife I had the oppertunity to eat hear, I thought it was pretty good, service was great! Hostess, waitress, and the server were all great. I really enjoyed their nachos, but the Al Pastor tacos could have more flavor. We were not that impress with the margarhitas. I wouldn't mind coming back again!Special Features:
- Great food-tepid serviceFirstdateDined on 6/23/2012Food was delicious and plentiful. Really enjoyed the Chorizo Cheese Crisp. The waiter was friendly but not the best at refilling drinks. Signage suggests some good Happy Hour prices. Parking is iffy in Old Town Scottsdale. Would definitely return.
- Our group had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Our group had a great time great service and awesome food!!Special Features:
- This was our first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012This was our first trip to CAT&T. Everything was excellent... location, service, and of course the food! Happy hour prices are hard to beat. We'll be back again and again!
- Tasting tequila evening.luv2eatVIPDined on 5/19/2012Very fun evening. A great tequila tasting experience. The staff knew their stuff. Ono taco was execellent.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Chris, was fantastic.TigerDined on 5/18/2012Our waiter, Chris, was fantastic. He took great care of us, kept us laughing, and enhanced our already great experience. The food was fresh and delicious, and the drinks left everyone wanting more. Those of us that live in Phoenix will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- The food was great and pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012The food was great and prices reasonable. Service was quick and friendlySpecial Features:
- The tacos were very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012The tacos were very good. We had the shrimp, fish and shredded beef tacos. Ordered the Guacamole app.The guacamole was chunky and would have liked less chunky and had to add salt to it. We had the Cien Agaves margaritas were on half off there was not much tequila in them but that is pretty typical for HH. They were just ok.Where it really failed was the service. We were there on April 20 at 5:30. Server was Naomi and right away started with an attitude. We asked a question and she had us repeat it and then said she had never heard that question before. Ok so what. Answer the question and don't make us feel stupid for asking it. We ordered more chips and a margarita and she forgot to bring it.Took 15 min to get it.Then had to ask for bill.
- Best margaritasAgarfDined on 3/24/2012Great selection of tequilas and margaritas. We had strawberry, blood orange, cadillac and harbenor margaritas at our table. The tequila flights were amazing. Awesome food in a fun environment. This is my second time here and we had a party of 10. They were great getting us seated and served. Would come back again.Special Features:
- I was very reluctant to bringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012I was very reluctant to bring my husband, parents and another couple here on a Friday night at 7:30pm during March madness/spring training but realize that a lot of people write reviews to COMPLAIN and you never truly get the whole picture because GREAT experiences aren't usually the ones people take the time to write about. My experience was this:we were seated right away, got drinks and chips/salsa almost immediately. They were kind of busy so it was nice to have a busser coming around checking on us as well as our server. Food was awesome and as my visitors were from Wisconsin we weren't picky about the authenticity of the Mexican food just as long as it tasted good, and it was!
- Service was slow and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2012Service was slow and food average. We had to request more chips, refills on drinks, and server forgot to take our order. If craving mexican food, opt for something else!
- No thanks!alycattyVIPDined on 3/3/2012The service was poor. We had to ask for everything from chips and salsa to our drinks. If you didn't ask they'd walk right past you! Food came out and wasn't timed well. My food was hot, kids and husbands cold or warm at best. I would never go back.Special Features:
- Bad choice for us since weKatzenjammerDined on 3/2/2012Bad choice for us since we wanted to visit with people we hadn't seen in a while. Our fault entirely. (Too noisy for what we wanted to do.)Special Features:
- Rushed dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012The food was reasonably good but not good enough to prompt us to return. This restaurant's location make it a tourist eatery; we felt rushed through our meal. We ordered guac and chips and drinks to start, 5 mins later ordered dinner. The drinks & guac/chips (which were good) arrive 15 mins after we placed the order & our dinner (which was fair) arrived 2 mins after that. There was barely room on the table for the food, but what was more disappointing is we sensed the restaurant/server was more interested in quick table turnovers. She didn't even ask if we wanted dessert, but just brought out the bill. There are plenty of other Mex-themed restaurants in this city; the food here is not that special. This is not the place to chill and chat.Special Features:
- I can't believe that I haveBavarianChickDined on 2/26/2012I can't believe that I have not dined at Cien Agaves before. The food was excellent, the service superb and the ambience artistic. Will definitely return and tell my friends about it.Special Features:
- Service and food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Service and food was great. Have already recommended to friends. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Although we had an opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2012Although we had an opentable reservation, we were seated at a high top table in the bar area, which meant that the bartender would be our server. It was clear that he wasn't happy about that and did only the essentials. The food was good but unremarkable, standard mexican. There are better choices nearby and I wouldn't make an effort to go back.
- our second visit with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012our second visit with a group of friends from work. first time was mid week, this time on Friday. more noise on friday but the service was every bit as good as it was on wednesday night with fewer people in the place. noise was a little louder on friday but thats understandable. really liked the online reservation for a table and when a couple extra people showed up, your staff produced another table and chairs and the party went on without a hitch. a good time was had by all!!!Special Features:
- Terrific Place for Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011We usually go out for Happy Hour on Friday evenings with our friends. We selected Cien Agaves because they had never been here before, even though they're longtime Scottsdale residents. All of us really enjoyed it! The Happy Hour tequilas were excellent as was the food! Highly recommend the Nacho Salad! Service was excellent as well! The only problem we encountered was the loudness of the music. We had a booth next to the wall and it was difficult having a conversation!Special Features:
- Llegamos alrededor de lasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2011Llegamos alrededor de las 9pm y el lugar estaba medio solo, algo raro para ser Sábado en la noche. Ordenamos la especial de 3 tacos. Nada especial, solo OK.Special Features:
- We appreciated the happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011We appreciated the happy hour that lasted until 7 pm.Special Features:
- Te, Te, Te, tequila... Margarita!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Te, Te, Te, tequila... Margarita! Holy heaven Cien Agave has the best margaritas in town. Hottie and I decided to take a seat on the patio during Sunday happy hour to enjoy the Arizona sunshine. We weren't planning on eating, but after seeing the food being served we decided to give their tacos and some guacamole a try. I had a veggie taco on a flour tortilla. It was excellent; they actually grilled up the veggies and the tortilla, giving it the nice crunch of a taco without the frying. The guacamole was just okay; I've had better and can definitely make a better batch at home. A good Mexican food restaurant typically has a solid chips and salsa presentation, but their salsa was weak and had gringo written all over it! I'm glad I endSpecial Features:
- The food was good, there isn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2011The food was good, there isn't anything special or new on the menu. They have a lot of taco choices and if you're a pescatarian they have a good variety of fish taco choices. They're famous for their tequila and margarita menu and three of us ordered margaritas that were each quite strong. Service was ok, I think they've attempted the "we don't care what we look like or how we treat you, so we refuse to smile ever" mantra that so many "hip" restaurants have adopted these days. But we weren't ignored, so it was fine.Special Features:
- Tacos & TecateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/20111.50 taco and 2.00 Tecate on Tuesdays.. Can't beat itSpecial Features:
- Once again, great food, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2011Once again, great food, friendly service and awesome atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome tequila with a bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011Awesome tequila with a bartender that knows tequila very well!Special Features:
- Just my 2 centsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011Service was prompt & friendly. Pricing seemed high, until you see how much food you get. However, drinks seem watered down, parking is terrible, but it is downtown. Kinda loud, so there's no normal conversation, so if you're looking for a place to just hang and drink, this place would do. Be better with a pool table or two.Special Features: