222 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmont.net/
- Phone: 2159231100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Marmont will close to the public for private parties. Restaurant can accommodate up to 55 people for sit down parties. 80 people for bar parties such as birthdays, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties etc. Please call Dave at 215-512-1332 for any private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Dave 2155121332
- Entertainment: DJ entertainment Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Marmont Steakhouse
Casual atmosphere with excellent hand carved steaks, fresh seafood, salads & homemade desserts. Extensive martini menu and wine list. Marmont is the perfect place to enjoy dinner or cocktails with friends. Outside seating available when weather permits.Continued
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marmont Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (18)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- ReviewdravnellDined on 10/11/2013I would definitely recommend this restaurant for good food and good service. I made reservations and they were ready and waiting for us and it was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential but fell flatGVSorberDined on 10/5/2013We had the crab bisque tasted like vinegar steak was good but not awesome. I would not go again.Special Features:
- nice late dinerlatedinerDined on 10/1/2013Space was a bit cramped because of the chairs. Took the chicken with risotto. Love the soup as well. Chicken was moist and tasty. Wine/beer list was various which is good. Service was awesome. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thr Marmont ExperienceRoyalty22Dined on 9/29/2013Let me first say that our waitress Sarah was really good with us, with the things she could control!! We arrived 10 min early, once letting them know I was there we were taken in to be seated, once seated we were then told that we could not be seated at that time, so we sat at the bar. There was NO reason for the mix up!! At the bar my wife ordered a Hennessey Black drink, and I asked for a Pomegranate Martini, they had neither drink. My wife asked for a White Zinfandel, They did not have that, she would wind up with a Chardonnay, I just got a water with lemon.Special Features:
- SurprisedAndiDined on 9/29/2013On the web site it looked like a fancier restaurant butn when we got there it was very casual. We were from out of town so we went by the web site. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!ac1220Dined on 9/27/2013The place is small, but the food is good. The bread pudding is EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.JW1225Dined on 9/27/2013Great food, great service. We will be making reservations for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week NightmareKikiEssDined on 9/27/2013Okay...so maybe I'm being a little melodramatic, but most of the food was really bad. And I have no intention of going back. I had the fried calamari appetizer, followed by the NY strip steak (ordered medium rare). My friend had the crab bisque and the NY strip steak (medium). She really enjoyed the crab bisque. It was the highlight of the entire meal. The calamari were wonderfully seasoned, but there was way too much coating and the coating was a bit doughy. Both of our steaks were cooked beyond well done and tasted like they were purchased months ago at a chain supermarket (very poor quality). Not even the drinks could numb our annoyance. On a positive note, our server, the greeter and other staff were super nice and professional.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Gem!KandisKDined on 9/26/2013My fiance & I went to Marmont Steakhouse for his birthday during restaurant week. Marmont has a certain charm to it. The no frills approach is perfect; It focuses on the food! The food & service were outstanding. We both ordered the Crab Bisque, fried calamari & cheese steak eggrolls; out of this world. For our actual meal we both ordered the 12oz ribeye done medium, it came with mashed potatoes, & we ordered the mac & cheese & broccolini. The steak was flavored & cooked just right - it literally melted in your mouth. The mac & cheese was gooey and delicious & the broccolini was cooked perfectly...lastly we had the bread pudding & chocolate cake, both of which were very decadent. Our server Lisa, was upbeat and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Try-OutJoeMangDined on 9/26/2013We found this restaurant among the many participating in Philly restaurant week and my girlfriend and I wanted to try someplace we had never been to. The menu sounded great so we thought we would give it a shot. We went with another couple and we were seated right when we arrived for our reservation. The soup, appetizer and dessert courses that I has were great. the baked brie and the bread pudding were phenomenal. The cheese steak rolls were very greasy and the steak entrees weren't the best quality of meat. I felt like I was on the Walmart meat switch commercial. The service was very slow to the point that the table next to us even said something as we sat there waiting for food.
- Not a very Good Steak HouseLoveMyFoodDined on 9/26/2013Girl's night out dinner for Restaurant Week. The crab soup was very watery. The steak was tasteless needed seasoning. The mashed potatoes were instant mashed potatoes not even real potatoes. Our server was excellent she served us with speed and efficiency. Sorry we will not be back.
- We came to Marmont for RestaurantfriendDined on 9/25/2013We came to Marmont for Restaurant Week and it was wonderful. The food was great and came out quickly. The lighting is a bit dark but luckily we were sat near the windows. It isn't a huge place so the noise levels get a little high, especially when there are rowdy people at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close fitreswk42Dined on 9/22/2013If you like the feeling of being really close to the next table in a very dark restaurant than this is your place! Our food was piping hot but because of the red lighting you really couldn't tell how well done your steak was. Waitress staff attentive, good pacing of food service.Special Features:
- Great!LadybugDined on 9/21/2013I ordered the rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great! My friend ordered the lobster ravioli and loved it. Definitely recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomephillygryl231Dined on 9/21/2013From the time I stepped in I was nothing but pleased with this restaurant. I arrived early for my reservation which was fine me and my guest had a seat at the bar and spoke with the bartender Emily she recommended a "fallen angel" and it was excellent! From there we were seated and Sarah was our waitress she was very attentive and answered any questions that we had... I chose to go with the 12oz rib eye steak with mashed potatoes sauteed mushroom and onions OMG!! It was so tender and good....I finished off with the bread pudding delicious...will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekChrisDined on 9/21/2013We dined here on Saturday, September 21st. It was Restaurant Week and we wanted to try it out. We will definitely be going back here. The food was delicious - I had the Rib Eye and my husband had the tilapia - we had mac and cheese and brussel sprouts as our sides. Everything was delicious - We had chocolate cake and bread pudding for dessert. My husband loved his chocolate cake the bread pudding was a little dry for my liking - but overall - the meal was well worth the money. Our waitress was excellent (the drinks was good too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dive barLoriDined on 9/21/2013Wouldn't recommend to anybody, overpaid for awful food
- Good FoodLMDHDined on 9/20/2013I went to Marmont Steak House during restaurant week. The potato soup was delicious! My rib eye steak was cooked just right at medium rare & the dry rub on it was so delicious that you didn't need to add any salt or pepper. As a matter of fact, there weren't any shakers on any of the tables. I was expecting it to be a fancier place, but it didn't matter. I'd rather have good food! I was too full for desert, but everybody else at the table enjoyed theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaraunt WeekEricBDined on 9/20/2013I always look forward to restaurant week in Philadelphia. This year I choose to divert from my main eateries such as Del Frisco's and such. Boy did I choose well The Maramont restaurant was the perfect selection. Small crowd do to seating capacity, so make reservations. The restaurant week menu was exceptional, from the crab bisque to the entrée selections, which included a choice of a rib eye, Ny strip steak, or Tilapia stuffed with crab over risotto. The misses enjoyed that. All I have left to say is keep it up and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarmontNantucketVisitorVIPDined on 9/19/20134 of us went here for restaurant week, had reservations but were pretty much ignored, had to reremind them to check us off on Open Table. The service was terrible but finally a very nice young man offered to take care of us and he was helpful. I hate to give the service such a bad rating but we were virtually ignored with the exception of him and everyone around us was served before we were, even though we had been there a great deal longer. Food was pretty bad, I ordered my steak Pittsburgh black and blue and instead it came blackened, really spicy, almost inedible. Overall, not a good experience!
- Definitely check it outJarManDined on 9/19/2013In mid-September, Philadelphia has its Restaurant Week (with menus online). Numerous downtown restaurants offer limited, multi-course dinner menus at $35 per person. We both chose a very tasty, creamy potato soup, embellished with pieces of bacon. I next had a nice ceasar salad, and my wife had a marvelous baked brie; the tender puff pastry enveloped the brie, cranberries, raisins, and almonds, m-m-m-m! For the main course, she selected tilapia, stuffed with crab, over risotto; my 12-ounce strip steak was very tender and cooked just as I'd requested. The seasonings only added to these wonderful main courses. A ramekin of bread pudding and a piece of chocolate cake topped off a most delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More bang for your buckSheMeHerDined on 9/18/2013I went during restaurant week and it was very filling and the steaks were great. 12 oz rib eye tender flavorful I couldn't even finish my dinner because it was a nice portion. One thing I will say is I wish they gave different options for the side dish. Every meal was partnered with mashed potatoes and I would of loved some veggies since the steak was already a bit heavy. Other than that the crab bisque, caesar salad and cheesesteak rolls were good. It was a great experience the staff was attentive always checking on us and the restaurant was pretty filled so it was delightful to see we were still waited on in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks as usual!beeranddisneyDined on 9/18/2013We came for restaurant week, although we have been to Marmont several times before. Their restaurant week menu was great as they actually had two steaks to choose from and neither one was a petite fillet! Never understand why steak places only offer a petite fillet for restaurant week. Our steaks and all the other courses were yummy as usual. Server was courteous and attentive without hovering. We have never had a steak that was anything less than awesome at Marmont!Special Features:
- Holy DeliciousnessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2013We went to Marmot Steakhouse for Restaurant Week and, for a relatively small quantity of money, had a spectacular meal. The potato soup, which our server informed us is one of the daily soups that gets rotated, was worth the price of the entire meal. The steak was delicious, especially when eaten with the mashed potatoes. All in all, when the ambience and service, both of which were absolutely lovely, are counted in, you would struggle to do better for a dinner in Old CIty. Granted, the bar is tiny, as is the entire dining room; but there is nothing in the service or in the food that is even remotely pretentious about Marmot, and that, frankly, is what makes it great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backWisconsinguyDined on 9/17/2013I have been to Marmont several times...and the food is always awesome. The best filet in the city!!! I usually sit at the bar, have a few glasses on wine and eat my filet. This last visit...restaurant week....our service was horrible...we had to wait for our drinks, and our server forgot and constantly apologized for messing up. It literally took us (party of 2) 2 hours to eat...most of the time we were waiting for drinks, apps, entrees and desserts!Special Features:
- Great spotDanimazDined on 9/16/2013We went to Marmount for Restaurant week and the selection was awesome as well as the food and drinks. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!TV033Dined on 9/16/2013We were 30 minutes early for our reservation and the table was already set up and ready. Staff was very nice. Food was excellent! Great choices. No long waiting for food even in big group. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2013My boyrfriend and I dine there and we both absolutely had a wonderful time. Sara, our server, was great! She was very entertaining and took great care of us without hovering the table like some servers do. The food was excellent. Steak was cooked to my liking and the stuff tilapia was delicious. Will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More a bar/restaurant with steakSouthStreetMikeVIPDined on 9/13/2013Not what I would expect from a "Steakhouse". Nothing special in decor or ambience. The steak was very good, as was the brussell sprout side dish. The meal was adequate, but the space made it just an ok meal, but nothing special. Our table near the bar/kitchen was ok, but the the bartenders had a very annoying habit of throwing empty bottles into the trash with a loud crash every time. There was no one at the bar, so I don't think they were showing off for anyone, just totally inconsiderate of the unnecessary noise they were making. The server was a nice guy, but asked if wanted to keep my fork as he picked it up on my salad plate. I asked for another and he brought another wrapped napkin with fork and another steak knife, such a waste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmont was wonderful!NiyaDined on 9/6/2013I really enjoyed my birthday meal at Marmont. I ordered a steak and it was delicfious. The rest of my party ordred burgers which were also good. The fries that came along with the burgers were cut from potatoes right in the restaurant. Not frozen. The place is smaller than I thought it would be so I wouldn't recommend for really large parties. The service was good and they played a really good soundtrack that you could actually enjoy while talking to your guests. I will deifinitely come back. But I will come on the train or drive on a night that is not busy because valet parking was $18 and I was told that the lots nearby cost $25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rib eyeStronglatinaDined on 8/24/201316oz rib eye was wonderful. I enjoyed my experience and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dominique was great. She hadBirthdayLunchDined on 8/24/2013Dominique was great. She had table options available and made my boo feel special with a nice piece of chocolate cake. The food, drinks, and champagne were the perfect compliments to our relaxing day. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2013Food was amazing! Service was slow the veggies didn't come out til well past the steaks. The wine we were enjoying ran out after our first glass too. Still love this place though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is wonderfulLaura63VIPDined on 8/22/2013Although the service can be slow the food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steakhousefringelDined on 8/21/2013We had a lovely meal at this steakhouse on a quiet Wednesday night. Food was excellent--steaks were prefectly cooked--as expected--and the portions were generous. Had a delicious creme broulee for dessert. Service was attentive without being intrusivre. Really could not have been a better experience. Would definitiely go back on my next trip to Philly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013This delightful little steakhouse is easily one of the finest in the city. It's never packed and the specials are always incredible. Great mellow wait staff, great tunes and above average food makes this place quite a destination. And it's not just the steaks, everything g they have is unique and delicious. Out nose pierced waitress/aspiring bartender was funny and sweet and the dessert drinks are risiculously delightful. Eat here and you will go back, more than once. Enjoy! And thanks you for caring about your customers and your food. Happy birthday Dave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013I had my doubts when booking this place, but I was pleasantly surprised. The food was great, drinks were well made. It was a slow night, lots of open tables, but I think they'll be packing the place in no time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliBoyCaliBoyDined on 7/28/2013Both my fiancé and I had the steak and lobster. Steaks were cooked perfect, tasted amazing (and the lobster was just as good). We also highly recommend the mashed potatoes, they were very good. FOOD WAS AWESOME. Very nice wine list and beer selection. The service could have been a little better but we can not say anything bad about our experience at Marmont. We are from California and were vacationing in Philly when we found Marmont online. Made reservations via the website and walked from our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013We've been there 4 times so far and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Local SteakhouseFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2013Needed a place for a large group and struggled to find something in downtown area which could accommodate us. Food and service was outstanding. Unique decor. Restaurant is fairly small, but handled our party of 8 perfectly. Would definitely go back when in town. Most of the group had steaks which were all great, and some had seafood dishes which they enjoyed.Special Features: