222 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmont.net/
- Phone: 2159231100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Marmont will close to the public for private parties. Restaurant can accommodate up to 55 people for sit down parties. 80 people for bar parties such as birthdays, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties etc. Please call Dave at 215-512-1332 for any private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Dave 2155121332
- Entertainment: DJ entertainment Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Marmont Steakhouse
Casual atmosphere with excellent hand carved steaks, fresh seafood, salads & homemade desserts. Extensive martini menu and wine list. Marmont is the perfect place to enjoy dinner or cocktails with friends. Outside seating available when weather permits.Continued
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marmont Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (10)romantic (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Valentines Day DinnerVdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We choose Marmont because we wanted a change of pace from the usual chain-type restaurants. The food was average. I had the 16oz Ribeye, which was well flavored but had a little too much "char". My wife didn't comment on the lamb. She usually keeps quiet If she doesn't have anything nice to say. We did enjoy the sides of mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. They may have been the highlights of the meal. Our server did fine, until the end when he disappeared for a noticeable amount of time. The restaurant in general was cramped. We were seated next to some kind of server water station and the wall next to the stairs. Definitely not romantic. We probably will not come back nor recommend this to anyone else.
- quick reviewOldCityLocalDined on 2/14/2014The food was decent, but everything was off just a pinch in some way. Its way overpriced compared to what you would get in center city at a real tenured philadelphia restaurant. This place, along with every other restaurant right on market between 2nd and 5th are all tourist spots. I dropped 170$ there on practically no food when I could've eaten a steak buffet at chima/fogo. Oh well. Like I said, food was decent, at least.
- Impeccable service, avg atmosphereChrispyDined on 2/8/2014We really enjoyed our time at Marmont. The service was impeccable, Lisa was amazing. While the food was also delicious, the setting could use a makeover. The neon lights and the poor layout do not help what could be a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great foodlv2dineDined on 2/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We purchased our dinner coupon through travelzoo, what a great deal. Food was delicious ( we both had steak the filet you could cut with a fork) , service was great. Very small restaurant you are sitting VERY close to next table. We do not mind, but some people would not like that. We will be back, love this restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmont SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Food was delicious. Noise level was uncomfortable. Hard to hear each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me and my Husband Had a greatmabarkerDined on 1/30/2014Me and my Husband Had a great time and the food was excellent our waitress was superb. we will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2014We took my Brother and sister-in-law out to celebrate his upcoming birthday. Staff could not have been nicer. Food was delicious and the timing of each entrée was perfect-even though there was a full house. There was a small glitch in our seating time. We weren't seated for about 1/2 hour, even though we had a reservation. The manager apologized and offered to buy us a round of drinks. Very attentive service. 3 of us had rib eye, which was excellent, and one had Lobster Ravioli. We all agreed that this was a restaurant worthy of a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restayrant Week!!weluv2eatDined on 1/30/2014Girls night out for restaurant week. The food was delicious with nice portions. The evening was VERY enjoyable and I would go back againluv2eat!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rest week feedbackGrp4Dined on 1/29/2014The wait was longer than expected with reservations and others who arrived after us were seated before us. The bartender was friendly but made a drink he was unfamiliar with and it was bad. The soups were okay, appetizers could use seasoning, steak was amazing, choc cake was average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week MenuPhillyfoodieVIPDined on 1/28/2014Where can you get a 12 oz sirloin steak perfectly cooked with 3 0ther courses than Marmont during Philly Restaurant Week. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedKzureDined on 1/27/2014I was absolutely not impressed. The steak was super dry. The mashed potatoes and asparagus were pretty good. But I didn't go to a steak house for great vegetables. Also, I know it's a small place, but being asked to leave our table, was not a good move. In my experience, when being asked to move because your establishment is small, you could at least OFFER your guests a drink at the bar. All in all, I will not return.
- PerfectionCassDined on 1/26/2014Everything from the food to the setting and the music of the place was perfect. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. Had a perfect date with my boyfriend there! Absolutely loved it!Special Features:
- Great foodLoveFoodDined on 1/26/2014The food was delicious. From the crab bisque to the lobster ravioli to the steak & mashed potatoes. Only thing I was not thrilled about was the wait time even though we had reservations. We were told to go to the bar however there weren't any seats at the bar left. Which left us standing up for 15 minutes by the door. It's also very small in this restaurant. Other than that the drinks were good. The bartender and waitress were great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014The storefront is hard to find and when you walk in, you feel like you are in a small dive bar. However, the decor is nice, staff really friendly, and WOW is the food amazing!!!! Took advantage of restaurant week. They aren't kidding around that they are a steakhouse. Not sure I have had meat cooked that perfectly before. My whole family loved it! However, we had a party of 7 and it was a little crammed...but still enough room to eat and relax. Drink specials are great. Would highly recommend this place and hope to visit again soon!Special Features:
- My boyfriend said it was topMWRJDined on 1/25/2014My boyfriend said it was top five best steak he's had. He got the filet medium. I had the veggie kabobs with risotto and they were delicious. We had baked brie for an appetizer, and that was really good. We had reservations and were seated right away. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightLuckyobeDined on 1/24/2014The service was excellent very attentive and the food was great will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSarahJDined on 1/24/2014We went to Marmont for restaurant week to celebrate my mothers birthday. The food was amazing. The menu for restaurant week was perfect! You got a choice of soups, I had the crab bisque. It was amazing! Then choice of appetizer for each, I had the calamari. It was beyond perfect. Batter was crunchy, and the jalapeños were the perfect compliment. Or entree I picked the crab stuffed talapia with risotto and it was delish! My only complaint was the chocolate cake seemed from freezer not homemade but wasn't really needed as the rest of dinner was very filling. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order a steakBethDined on 1/24/2014I ordered the NY Strip Steak. Worst steak I have ever had; poor quality and taste like rubber.
- Great for Restaurant WeekKathyDined on 1/23/2014Marmont has a really nice restaurant week menu. Everything was delicious and very nice size portions. The restaurant is rather cold in the winter months because it is small and there is a cold breeze each time the door opens.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 minute wait with reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Three of my girlfriends and I had reservations for 7:30 and we had to wait 40 minutes before we were seated. When I asked to be compensated for the long wait the manager refused and said were not allowed to give out free drinks but if you buy one we'll give you one free. Food was good but was not pleased with the service.
- Awesome SteakMunkee87Dined on 1/23/2014Came here for restaurant week Great food and service, I wasn't a big fan of the brocolini, however, everything else was great (Steak, brie, bread pudding, etc) Service was also very understanding, accommodating, and very patient with my large group and allowed us to work out the kinks and have everyone sit together to eat. Noise level seems casual, didn't expect it to be a quiet or private dinner considering the layout of the restaurant. That cold draft from the door opening is probably the only thing I have against this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed localDisappointedDined on 1/22/2014Living in Old City, I was hoping we'd finally have a good steakhouse to hang out at. This was just OK. We visited for restaurant week. The deal was great - $35 for 4 courses. The food was actually good, too. Unfortunately, it took ridiculously long, the server did not manage the servings well to accommodate the guests who did not participate in the 4-courses and the seating by the door made for a very frigid experience. Not sure I will go back and I definitely won't recommend it to any of my friends. The one reason I would go back is the bartender. He did an amazing job convincing us to go with the signature cocktails. Had the manager comped us one for our multiple inconveniences, it might have made for a better experience. Sorry, Marmont!
- Restaurant weekDavyDined on 1/20/2014Surprised it was not a fancy restaurant but service was excellent with a hipster scene. Food was mediocreSpecial Features:
- Good Food - Service not so muchTheDarkOneDined on 1/20/2014First time at this restaurant and we chose to eat at the bar. We ordered Lemon Drop Martinis and when our drinks arrived, they were served with salt instead of sugar on the rim. Instead of making new drinks or offering new drink he stated that he didn't set up his station. We ordered another round of drinks, and were charged for both sets of drinks. Overall our food was very good, but the caesar salad was over salted. My only negative comment is that the food I wanted to take home our bartender threw it away by accident. To make matters worse he replaced my steak with someone else's medium rare steak without the mash potatoes. If i was to rate my experience on just my food, I would give it an A. With service, I would give it a C.Special Features:
- Staff was friendly. Food wasttjones0814Dined on 1/20/2014Staff was friendly. Food was great. But it is very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was the bestsnowdinDined on 1/20/2014The Rib Eye I received was beautiful and perfectly cooked. I ate every last morsel because it just cut like butter. The chocolate cake was delicious as well! However, I was not impressed with round two (of restaurant week). Our group tried the two salads and the baked brie. Baked brie was good, I'm just personally not a fan or cranberries or raisins. The salads though were barely eaten between all of us. One was drenched in a dressing too powerful to taste any other flavors, the other barely had any dressing or apple chunks that it boasted in its description. Service was very timely and professional. Appreciated the free refills with all that food!Special Features:
- Reservation made and confirmedBonnieVIPDined on 1/19/2014Reservation made and confirmed for 3:30pm but restaurant dosn't open until 4:30pm on Sundays. They seated us at 4pm and the service was pretty good but the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo polite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2013I've been to restaraunts were the waiters and waitresses were polite, but damn , this waitress (sorry can't think of her name ) was great! She knew her menu and knew the proper way to cook your steak the way YOU like it cooked. A smile that seemed real . I noticed she treated everyone with great respect and also with that "you're my friend" comments. This was our 30th wedding anniversary, the waitress didn't know this but she made this night even more special ! THANK YOU!Special Features:
- A steak so big, I now speak "Moo."HandsomeReviewerDined on 11/8/2013Lovingly prepared and impeccably presented American steak house fare. NY strip (22 oz) was dynamite. Sides very good and large portions. Servers push the appetizers too hard, especially considering the portions. Tables too close together. Classic Rock music doesn't seem to fit. Bring your appetite, skip the appetizers, don't expect total privacy, and brush up on your Cat Stevens and things will be okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive, Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013I can't say that I enjoyed anything about this place. It was small, which could be fun, but not this time. The steaks were on par with Applebees, and cost 4 times as much. The two martinis I had reminded me of jungle juice from school, blah. The wait staff, didn't seem to want to be there either.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2013Went here on a date. The food was delicious. The service was on point and friendly. It was just what we wanted and we plan on returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the entrees are aSandyVIPDined on 10/30/2013I think the entrees are a little overpriced for the atmosphere.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2013Where do I start? the brie is awesome. the mac and cheese is awesome. the pepper crusted NY strip was AWESOMESpecial Features:
- Small but good foodDanoDined on 10/14/2013My filet was cooked perfect and tender, and asparagus was fresh and nicely saute'd. This is a nice little place with terrific prices for steaks. Music was a little loud, but classic R&R. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAKipperDined on 10/13/2013Food was flawless. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseLoveoldcityDined on 10/12/2013Used a living social coupon. Food was amazing. Waitress was very prompt and friendly would recommend to FriendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewdravnellDined on 10/11/2013I would definitely recommend this restaurant for good food and good service. I made reservations and they were ready and waiting for us and it was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential but fell flatGVSorberDined on 10/5/2013We had the crab bisque tasted like vinegar steak was good but not awesome. I would not go again.Special Features:
- nice late dinerlatedinerDined on 10/1/2013Space was a bit cramped because of the chairs. Took the chicken with risotto. Love the soup as well. Chicken was moist and tasty. Wine/beer list was various which is good. Service was awesome. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thr Marmont ExperienceRoyalty22Dined on 9/29/2013Let me first say that our waitress Sarah was really good with us, with the things she could control!! We arrived 10 min early, once letting them know I was there we were taken in to be seated, once seated we were then told that we could not be seated at that time, so we sat at the bar. There was NO reason for the mix up!! At the bar my wife ordered a Hennessey Black drink, and I asked for a Pomegranate Martini, they had neither drink. My wife asked for a White Zinfandel, They did not have that, she would wind up with a Chardonnay, I just got a water with lemon.Special Features: