260 Compo Road South
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 2034547798
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-2:30pm; Lunch: 12:00pm-2:30pm May 1st-Sept 30; Dinner: Summer Hours - Monday - Sunday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Winter Hours - Tuesday - Sunday 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Repp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offer full dining menu catered to any off-site premise location
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, overlooking the Longshore Golf Course, can accommodate up to 65 guests seated and about 85 guests for a cocktail reception. Menus can be created on an individual basis to meet you own individual tastes.
- Private Party Contact: Holly DeCaro 2034547798
- Entertainment: During the Summer there are live bands outside on the patio
A word from Splash
Located in the beautiful town of Westport, CT in a corner of a historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by the Food Network "best of" New England waterfront dining. Since its opening in 1995, Splash has become a popular meeting place for all Southwestern Connecticut.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Splash - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Splash reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)scenic view (63)special occasion (28)great for brunch (24)romantic (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- never again!davidDined on 8/10/2013Food was terrible. I've had better meals at fast food restaurants. Server was 'asleep-at-the-wheel'. What a shame...to take a perfect location and ruin it with bad service and worse food. Never again!!
- If not on a water this restaurantZfromWDined on 8/6/2013If not on a water this restaurant would not survive a day. what a big disappointment! Waste of location .Special Features:
- Great viewFreshfoodloverDined on 8/6/2013Outstanding outdoor dining and view. Food was average at best. Wish food were better, so I could go back with out of town guests. Great place for a cocktail with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was to start at 11SuzcrnaVIPDined on 8/4/2013Brunch was to start at 11 but didn't actually open does till about 1120. we were not in a hurry so that was no big deal. they had a wide variety of food... eggs benedict were great. mimosas and Bellinis were included in your price but if you wanted a different drink they were quite pricey. we were there when a bunch of people were there for a car show and took up several tables so it was very noisy even though we were outside. all in all someplace that I would go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013Cons: The food was horrible. I ordered the beef tenderloin and it was overpriced and just tasted bad. The dessert was even worse! The cheesecake and chocolate pagoda were almost inedible. Pros: Our waiter was great and very patient, and the views were amazing. We were basically paying for the views. Eating inside is not an option for this restaurant because the dinner was just so awful.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining experienceFoodwithfriendsDined on 7/28/2013Excellent food situated on the water front at Westport, tasty & varied seafood menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food sketchy ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013Great limited menu good food presentation very good service. Needs to be updatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodSeealeDined on 7/23/2013Met a friend at Splash for dinner based on another friend's recommendation. It was excellent. We were there early on a Tuesday (6pm). The bar was busy. The pictures of the restaurant on their website give it the appearance of being a bit more "plush" than it really is (I just noticed the flimsy aluminum chairs), but was still very nice. The view of the water was beautiful. The food was excellent but the service was even better. Our waiter and assistants helping, were outstanding. He/they could not have been more attentive and nice. Living in both NYC and CT, this restaurant reminded me more of a NYC place, mainly due to the prices - quite expensive. But will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but a specialNew2townDined on 7/20/2013Food was great but a special request for a different table was not honored and could have been.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPeggyDined on 7/20/2013Splash was perfect for a romantic birthday celebration. We had a gorgeous view of sailboats and blue water from our window-side table for two. Our waiter was knowledgeable, polite, and efficient, his recommendations were excellent, and our service was impeccable. The food was superb; we started with clams from the raw bar that were the freshest we ever tasted. We had one of the evening's specialties, the baked Bass, and one of the regular entries, the tenderloin steak, both of which were excellent. Upon making reservations earlier, I had asked if a candle could be added to a dessert. Without further reminder, the lighted candle appeared on our shared creme brulee . I look forward to our next celebration at Splash.Special Features:
- Great Location/Poor FoodGWC241Dined on 7/19/2013Want to stop for a drink on the water. Good spot. Want a nice meal on the water, swim on. Food was fair and over priced. Service was fine but what's good service with so-so food.
- DownhillJeriVIPDined on 7/18/2013We used to loved Splash. It was one of our favorite restaurants. This time we generally enjoyed the food but the menu had a lot fewer choices than in the past. A lot of our old favorites were no longer available. The firecracker spring rolls used to be better. We used to save the firecracker spring roll leftover mustard sauce to use on the other food we ate. This time there was barely enough for the spring rolls and not enough to dip in. Overall we were disappointed,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat on the deckBennyDined on 7/15/2013Beautiful view, lovely light, quiet, fine food. what's not to like? Although described as noisy, this doesn't apply to the deck, at least on the Monday night we were there in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great view, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/13/2013This is a great location. There is a wrap around porch that faces out onto the water so the views are gorgeous. The food was okay. However, the service was terrible. The hostess and bartender were fine, but our waitress was just awful. She could not tell us what the specials were and seemed annoyed that we asked. We ordered an appetizer which never came to which she said "Oh I didn't know you wanted that". Then we ordered a bottle of wine, which they were apparently out of. Instead of just tell us that, she brought a different bottle and just acted like that's what we ordered...even after we told her that was not what we had ordered.Special Features:
- feast for the eyesSunnyDined on 7/6/2013The view of the water was romantic and relaxing. Expected more from service and food.Special Features:
- A terrible experiencePicklesDined on 7/6/2013After reading the mediocre reviews we decided to give Splash a try anyway. The service was poor at best. We arrived early so the sun was still on the deck, it was too hot to sit outside. We missed the only saving grace which would have made the experience passable. Our waiter was the only one working the dining room. I counted 18 tables! As the room filled up the service went down. To their credit the staff (hostesses, servers, busboys) were working furiously to keep up - but there was still only one waiter. My husband ordered a second glass of wine twice - never got it. Food was not as good as I wanted it to be. This is the first time I have been compelled to write a review - but it was a poor experience. Management - shame on you!
- Waiting for everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2013We did not get menus until 25 minutes after sitting down and then courses each took over half an hour and the place was only three quarters full. Waitstaff were pleasant and accommodating when they came but kitchen and flow of guests clearly disorganized. Took edge off our guests' visit to Westport.
- Splash Is Still GoodSanibelleDined on 6/29/2013Splash is still a nice place to celebrate a special occasion, overlooking LI Sound and the Westport shoreline. Outdoor seating is at a premium and difficult to obtain, unless you come early or late. However, sitting inside was pleasant and the sound level was manageable. The food is still good, although it has fallen a few levels over the years. Service is very spotty. Our waiter was trying to be somewhat attentive, but was too busy to properly attend to us. Drink orders were delayed or missing, requests were often overlooked by the busboys. Three appetizers, three entrees and three desserts was more than enough food for four hungry adults. Do not end your meal without trying their wonderful chocolate pagoda, a Splash creation.Special Features:
- Usually goodMattDined on 6/29/2013I usually am a big fan but Saturday night - not so much. The people were rude...private function on outside patio and those particular guests were so rude - the problem was that the staff did not clearly denote that it was private. Eventually put a sign out but way after the obnoxious guests turned off us and 3-4 other groups that were treated equally. Additionally - the food is typically good but because of the volume, it was cold and dry (swordfish specialty). On the positive side - waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant Eveninglwg61Dined on 6/28/2013After reading many reviews, I feared poor service and a noisy dinner but a great water side view. It couldn't have turned out better. A table on the porch which we got right away was quiet and not in a traffic pattern. The steak was ok but the swordfish was outstanding, perhaps the best I have had. The waiter was outstanding as well. It turned out to be a very pleasant evening and a great water view.Special Features:
- One star service/AWESOME VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013I had the macadamia crusted swordfish....it was awesome. I had the angry mussels for my app, also amazing. The service here was really poor. They kept bringing us the wrong drinks and when they brought our entrees, half received them and then a full 5 minutes later the rest of the group received them. The bar out back is amazing. There was a wedding there and it was so beautiful. It's a must for post/pre dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A scenic restaurant with waterviewsFoodie5Dined on 6/21/2013A scenic restaurant with waterviews, a high energy level of noise, and the food the was generally in the" okay" range.. There were no surprises but I would highly recommend the Truffle Fries and Spicy Shrimp in Linguini. The roasted oysters, as an appetizer, were bland and the wasabi spring roll was also a mixture of bland mashed potatoes with barely a hint of wasabi. While the waiter was attentive, he kept asking us for our order when are drinks had not even arrived. Then as soon as we got our drinks, he asked for our order again. It was hard to relax there between the noise level and the waiter urging us to get our dinner orders in.Special Features:
- Midweek lunch @ SplashmeymaDined on 6/19/2013We ate lunch outside on the deck on a Wednesday. The view was lovely. The waiter was very attentive but not overly so. The food arrived within 10" of ordering. Presentation: good. Taste: very good. Contrary to other reviews the service was very good. I would recommend Splash to a friend. The outside signage could be more visible. Only one slight complaint. The waiter took away a glass of iced tea but never asked if my guest wanted more. Yes, I would go back to Splash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Really nice outdoor setting. The review would have been better had the price been lower. The food was not worth the cost at all. I know it's hard to cook for a massive amount of people, but at 48 dollars a person you would expect much better quality and tasting food.Special Features:
- Splash does not respect reservationcloverDined on 6/15/2013Splash does not respect reservations. So if you want a table, make a reservation to stand on line. Service is horrible, noise level depending where you sit is so loud you can not hear the person across from you. The table are too large outside and too small inside. Food has sauces that squirted out of a bottle in unattractive designs. The cooked food was overcooked, the raw food was well presented. The service was slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Noise level where we were sitting was was high that we could not hear each other. If you can get a seat on in the front porch the outdoor view makes up for a lot, but still not enough.Special Features:
- good choice but messyragmanDined on 6/9/2013We went for the Sunday brunch. Outdoor dining was spectacular. Brunch buffet selection was excellent. Only problem was they didn't bus the buffet too well and by the time we started eating (230pm), the buffet had been pretty well picked apart and not restocked or replenished so by the time we lef,t there was basically not a a whole lot of food left either. The dessert table looked like it had been attacked by a bunch of sugar crazaed six year olds. The buffet area got pretty messy by the end of brunch which considerably detracted from the attractiveness of the food.Special Features:
- This Birthday Brunch was the Best!we8and8Dined on 6/9/2013Took a family member to brunch at Splash to celebrate a milestone birthday. The food was wonderful, the service was attentive and we both had a delightful time overlooking the boats sailing on the Sound. I hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013We have eaten at Splash several times a) for the location by the water b) for the food. Our most recent trip confirmed that long waits, inexperienced staff and general chaos are a recurring theme here. This is a restaurant that rarely honors reservation times (even to eat inside). Our most recent experience for an 0830 reservation saw us seated (bad table) at 9pm, entrees arrived 1020pm (they had to sub one out as they had run out, and they forgot to order my wife's entree) finally ate at 1030pm. Food was pretty good but 2 hours of poor service eclipsed any positive experiences. This place needs to rethink the entire subject of service
- great view, can't handle busy nightericDined on 6/8/2013food is always decent, wine choices minimal. best view in townSpecial Features:
- View was lovely, however,OtregVIPDined on 6/8/2013View was lovely, however, service was lacking. Understaffed and overwhelmed! Food was ok.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013Beautiful evening with friends. Good food. great scenery.Special Features:
- Great food. Poor service.nanruzDined on 6/6/2013As As usual the food was mediocre. The waiter did not tell us any specials. He did not remember who ordered what food -- a table of only four people. And it was extremely slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food!HGC24VIPDined on 6/5/2013Splash sits right above a sandy beach in Westport. The view is great and the food is good. The service I felt was somewhat slow for dinner on a weeknight at 6 p.m. The cost is very pricey... our bill for 4 people came to $260, and that is with no appetizers just food and drink. The swordfish with the crispy spinach was outstanding however. I was really disappointed that I put down that it was my parents 64th wedding anniversary and the waiter said he knew that and what would we like for dessert. We ordered a lava cake for 4 to share and they charged us $10 for that. I thought it should have been on the house, but he said he wasn't allowed to do that..... ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food excellent service notsteve55Dined on 6/1/2013waitress was not attentive tried to get mashed potatoes with fish instead of hash said no special orders even though my steak came with mashed potatoes also no price indicated for specials which were almost double anything on the menu we should have asked tough to get a busboy to fill water glassesSpecial Features:
- This restaurant is more hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2013This restaurant is more hype than substance. The food can be good, but we received a steak cooked well done, when we had ordered medium-rare. Seating was based upon staff convenience vs. customer comfort. For the price, I would expect more. I will give Splash another chance.Special Features:
- Doesn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013We moved to Manhattan recently, but made a special trip to Splash in Westport over the Memorial Day weekend, because we wanted to be reminded of "home"...and we were not disappointed. Spilling out from the restaurant onto the beach is such a bonus for our kids, because it gives them a bit of playtime after a satisfying brunch.Special Features:
- Great brunch. A little spreadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013Great brunch. A little spread out in the sense that food was on one side of building and seating on the other, but overall experience was great!Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013Went there on Saturday 5/18 and the food was delicious as always but the service was subpar. Had to wait 20 minutes after reservation time for a table. Once seated, didn't have a waiter approach the table for another 20 minutes. At that point we were informed that the specials were sold out so we ordered off of the menu. Not sure what the issue was because we never experienced this type of service here the previous times we came. Hopefully it was just an off night for them.Special Features:
- Good choiceSteveDined on 5/17/2013Very nice dining experience. Everything was very good. Waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Food was timely and very good. Everyone in the dining was impressed. Definitely more casual than formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2013Didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The food was great!Special Features: