Stella's Southern Bistro
684 C Fairview Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29680Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellasbistro.com/
- Phone: 8647571212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Scholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Indigo Room is an attractive, versatile space that can accommodate groups of up to 50 people. From buffet, to hors d oeuvres, to plated dinner- Stella"s can take care of any size or type of event.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Scholz 8647571212x
A word from Stella's Southern Bistro
Stella’s offers cuisine influenced by the coastal Carolinas & American south. We support regional food artisans & emphasize the importance of sourcing products harvested locally. Stella’s offers from-scratch food & genuine hospitality all served in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy the menu & cuisine of nationally recognized Chef Jason Scholz. Stella's can accommodate groups up to 50 in size in our beautiful & private Indigo Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stella's Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Simpsonville ›
Stella's Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (29)good for groups (23)romantic (23)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Enjoyable VisitRLF1632Dined on 4/26/2014This was our first visit to Stella's and we will definitely be back. Service was wonderful with just the right amount of attentiveness. Waitress was knowledgeable about the selections and her recommendations were spot on! Food was delicious and the dark Chocolate peanut Butter Pie for dessert was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great service and attitude of the staff. The duck and the steaks were prepared to the requested temperature .Special Features:
- Lunch April 2014MarkJVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great lunch. Good service, and priced reasonably. Will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Easter Brunch on Sunday and enjoyed our experience. Food was very good, service was excellent. Really like that food items are 'local' and fresh. We will return to try the regular menu items. Only negative was we felt rushed - main entrée came out almost right after the Starter course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern food and hospitalityDeebsdiningDined on 4/18/2014Food was great! Wine was good! Service great! No complaints at all.....just a little noisy the evening we were there. The food overrides the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceRabynDined on 4/18/2014Stella' s has always been a great dining experience. I had the duck, which was perfectly cooked medium rare and my why had the quail that was succulent. Service was excellent as always, very attentive and answered our questions about the dishes and sources. I can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:
- a bit underwhelmedJenCoDined on 4/18/2014I was very much looking forward to lunch here. My husband ordered the roast beef sandwich and I had a cheeseburger. They were both good but not great. The atmosphere was great and the price point was spot on.Special Features:
- YumlocalchickDined on 4/17/2014Stella's is an upscale place with great food. I love how they use all local farmer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBravegirl714Dined on 4/12/2014This was my second time at Stella's and I must say I was disappointed. Our first experience was great so I decided to take my parents. I had asked for our previous server, who was fantastic. The noise level made conversation impossible and they appeared to be short handed on servers. Our service was not great. Our server didn't tell us about any of the specials, and we had to keep asking for water and tea refills. The food was pretty good but not as good as the first time. I was disappointed that my parents' experience was less than favorable. Not sure when I'll roll the dice again and take a chance to spend $200 on a meal with lots of drawbacks.
- Certainly a "Do-Over"JGinSCDined on 4/11/2014It was a Friday evening, early, and leading into Spring Break for the locals. As a result, the restaurant was not nearly as busy as it would otherwise be. However, that had absolutely no negative impact on the food or the service, both of which could rightfully be called 'extraordinary.' Started with the Pimento Cheese appetizer and followed up with NY strip steaks were done, medium, to perfection;. tender, juicy, flavorful and large! At the end, all self control was lost and we shared the 'New Orleans Butter Pecan Bread Pudding.' OK, we'll be paying for that decision for a few days but it was worth it! Great local restaurant, easily comparable to some of the better known ones in downtown Greenville. Try it soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful restaurantStacebabeVIPDined on 4/2/2014What a wonderful restaurant with delicious posh southern food....the fried okra is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and the bartender can whip up a mean cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fave!Crazy5Dined on 3/29/2014Always delicious! This is our all time favorite restaurant in the area including downtown Greenville....they use fresh ingredients and support local farmers/vendors. The menu has variety. The staff is pleasant and wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, consistentKayCDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful service, consistent delicious food. We love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late evening visitWeaverjjVIPDined on 3/26/2014This culinary southern food gem was an unexpected find. The food quality was very high with very innovative and attentative wait staff and hostess. Wine pairing recommendation was perfect and the waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu. We were made to feel very welcome. Wait for table was a bit long considering we had a reservation but otherwise would highly recommend. We plan to return. Crab cakes and the pork chop entrees were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in the UpstateCalgirlVIPDined on 3/22/2014While the ambiance is relaxed, someone is paying close attention in the kitchen. The seasonable dishes are inventive and delicious and the service is impeccable. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Secret Is OuttastybudsDined on 3/21/2014Stella's has been the Simpsonville Secret for years; however the secret is out! We have a hard time getting reservations now. Last Friday it was packed, it was festive with conversation, laughter, and mouth-watering herb infused fragrances throughtout. Ending the week with a relaxing dinner is one of our favorite pastimes. The staff welcomes guests with friendliness and knowledge of the menu - a menu that will delight any palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, Stella's never disappointsSkscrivDined on 3/21/2014Came in to Stella's with a few of my coworkers for lunch. We started with the cheese tray and oh my was it good! Then I got the bolognese risotto, I ate every single bite. I wish I would have had room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeKyzerdogDined on 3/19/2014this was my second visit to Stella's. The staff is some of the best in the South. Food is good and fresh. many local products are used in their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, food and serviceHappydinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014As usual, food and service were excellent, never disappointed. Wine, meal and desert all excellent. Service very friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Southern Dining at its BestHiTechRobDined on 3/14/2014Stella's is a little gem of a place. Word of Mouth is generally what leads people here. The food, service, and beverage selection is great. This is one of our favorite spots and for folks who are used to going to downtown Greenville for their foodie fix, it is worth the drive.Special Features:
- MY FAVORITE!EHodgeDined on 3/6/2014This place is a family favorite. The food is fabulous, the people who work there are the cream of the crop, the ambiance is perfect. I have never been disappointed at Stella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!LadyLeeDined on 3/1/2014My boyfriend and I ate here for the first time and loved it! We made a reservation and that was definitely a good idea. The hostess was very friendly and we didn't have to wait long for a table. Our server, Duke, was awesome! he was very knowledgeable about the menu and made great suggestions. I had the tuna and my date had the porkchops. Both were fantastic! We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in the upstate!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2014This Restaurant exceeds our expectations everytime we walk in the door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMartinDined on 2/22/2014Went to Stella's with my wife for our anniversary dinner. We wanted to go somewhere different than our normal spots and loved it. Our waiter, Derek, was fantastic and very knowledgeable bout the food and hilarious to boot. The whole staff was very friendly and seemed to truly enjoy being there. The food was delicious. We started off with the cheese plate which offered a nice combination of items which went really well with the cheeses. I had the oxtail soup which was almost like a hardy stew - amazing! For our main course we had the swordfish and duck platters both of which were amazing. Overall amazing experience, definitely the best restaurant experience in the Greenville area. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!MaverickXSDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I have been here several times. Each time we go back, we try something different. Each time, we are so happy and full. We took my brother and his wife there and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had such a great time there!pharmdivadinnerDined on 2/21/2014Had such a great time there! Tried all the specials ( apps, wine, desserts, and dinner)-- so yum! Our waiter was also so nice ! ps-- their homemade bread was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time - I will be backEOxnerDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I went. I had the pork chop and she had the shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. I also had to splurge for the mac and cheese. The whole meal was the type of experience where you take a bite and you immediately are glad you are where you are and ordered what you did. The waiter was very helpful in recommending the food. He gave us great service. Most if not all the food is locally grown/raised. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night great foodTheDuckDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went to Stella's the day after Valentines day and it was packed but the staff did a great job keeping things moving and providing great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for average food.DrDonDined on 2/15/2014Our first time there was a disappointment. Service was average bur that's ok. The wait for our meal was excessive. When it arrived the food was warm but not hot. Maybe sitting too long? Pricing for the meal was excessive; $88.00 less tip for an average meal of less than average quality is to me overpriced. Needless to say we would not recommend this restaurant and we would not return. Simpsonville does need a more upscale restaurant and this is not it.
- Great food and service!scguy2014Dined on 2/14/2014Raving about the Shrimp and Grits and Pork Chop! Wow! Among the best we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Stella's is one of our favorites. Everyone we have taken there has raved about it. It was a little chaotic on Valentines, but that was to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayCC14Dined on 2/14/2014Our evening got off to a rocky start as we had to wait nearly 30 minutes to be seated despite a reservation, but we were rewarded for the wait with one of the nice "old school" circular booths so that we could sit close and made conversation much easier than across a table. We ordered trout and tuna, both of which were perfectly cooked and delicious. I would have liked a little more of the puree under my tuna as it was also delicious, but the tuna was a perfect sized portion, well seasoned, and rare as ordered. My wife ordered trout and the skin was crispy and also well seasoned and tasty. We finished off with a chocolate cake with a fantastic bourbon and brown sugar ice cream and candied pecans. . We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend Valentine's.HappydinerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great way to spend Valentine's. Food and service beyond excellent. Excellent presentation, comfortable. Enjoyed a great wine to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch 2/2014MarkJVIPDined on 2/14/2014Had a work meeting at Stellas because it would not be too lively and somewhat private. Checked all the boxes -- great food, service and we did not feel rushed. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great Food in SimpsonvilleJamKarDined on 2/8/2014Stella's offers outstanding food in a refined, yet comfortable atmosphere. This is a great local spot where a casual diner can not just eat but experience great cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our early eveningscfoodieDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed our early evening dinner and want to thank the bartender for the tasty Sidecar he made for one of our group. He said he hadn't made one in years but it was good and brought back pleasant memories. We'll definitely return to Stella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had only been to this restaurantJamesKDined on 2/7/2014We had only been to this restaurant for lunch but were impressed enough to try it for dinner. We were not disappointed. Food was just as good. Presentation appealing and the wait staff knew just about everything about the ingredient and food preparation for every serving where we had questions. Best service of any restaurant we have visited. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualGreenvilleDined on 2/1/2014Stella's never disappoints. One day, we just need to have dessert first.Special Features:
- Free DessertHarleyDDogDined on 1/30/2014This was my birthday month and again I received a free dessert invitation from Stella's. My husband and I made an early dinner reservation and each of us had a wonderful meal. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Stella's is one of our favorite restaurants but last Friday evening the food wasn't up to the usual standard we've come to expect from this restaurant. Perhaps a large party in an adjoining room through off the kitchen. Our waiter was attentive and concerned when our expectations fell short: the frisee salad topped by egg was so cold it had little flavor, shrimp & grits seemed like a large pile of chopped tomatoes with few grits, the duck 3 ways fell short. We hope that it was an off night and will give Stella's another chance because our past experiences indicates this is one of the better kitchens in the Greenville area.Special Features: