371 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deuxave.com/
- Phone: 6175175915x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We do offer 2 semi-private dining areas that accommodate up to 12 people in each of the 2 areas.
A word from Deuxave
Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Deuxave - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Deuxave reviews from OpenTable diners
337 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (265)fit for foodies (239)romantic (206)notable wine list (203)neighborhood gem (157)great for outdoor dining (113)hot spot (53)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (32)scenic view (31)late-night find (22)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- lg's rateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014This is my favorite restaurant. The food is exceptional, the restaurant handsome, the staff superb. what more could one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... Once we got it!SAFoodieKingDined on 7/23/2014Let me start by saying the manager apologized and took care of part of the bill. Food was great. Service was slow and our order was not turned in, so we ended up being there for nearly 3 hours. Since I was catching up with friends, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The main course was taken care of by the manager for the inconvenience. I would give it another shot based on the food in hopes of better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable dining, great foodKharaxDined on 7/23/2014We've eaten at DeuxAve several times, all for dinner, and the food is consistently superb. Service is impeccable and lively, and the restaurant handles the difficult parking situation in the neighborhood (especially when the Sox are playing) helpfully and efficiently. It's just a great place. Very nice ambience. Crowds come in around 7 pm so if you want a quieter dinner, earlier will work, but the noise level is only moderate and not intrusive. I won't go over each dish other than to say that we've always gone there for "occasions" with at least 4 diners and everyone has always been completely satisfied with their meals. Good cocktails too. Location is ideal for strolling around downtown Boston before or after dinner.Special Features:
- The best for a whileMe2014Dined on 7/22/2014I would give 5 stars but because of one dish - fruit de mer I will give 4. Fruit de mer - 2 stars at most. Everything else is superb and I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDerbsterDined on 7/19/2014We love Deuxave...beautiful setting, lovely dining room, great food.Special Features:
- Great experienceMing89Dined on 7/19/2014A wonderful experience. Great food and expansive wine list. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - as alwaysRosie8305Dined on 7/17/2014I've been to Deuxave numerous times and it never falters in its service. Amazing food, beyond amazing wine. Although it's a little more of a "splurge" meal - it's well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodlove4foodDined on 7/17/2014Had dinner with friends and we both have a newborn baby and stroller. Called the restaurant ahead of time. They arranged space for stroller and we had a great dinner time (not very often with two newborns). The food was a little pricy consider the small potion (both Daddy ordered two starters and a main entrée), but everything taste great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good but not fabulous dinnerTimothyVIPDined on 7/14/2014We ordered the pave of duck confit which was simply outstanding. But the rest of the meal was only good. The French onion soup was no better that one from a chain restaurant, and a little too salty. The Halibut was very good but a little over-cooked and the emulsion was too rich, I ignored it after one bite and ate the fish with some pepper. The chicken was fairly flavorless. Both entrees were surrounded by too many distractions and conflicting flavors and textures (I picture Gordon Ramsay rolling his eyes and saying to simplify). Service was perfect, attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Wines and desserts were excellent. The restaurant may be overly focused on presentation over content.Special Features:
- Beautiful and delicious!BeyondmykitchenVIPDined on 7/14/2014This is definitely a restaurant not to be missed! The wine and dinner were delicious and the presentations were looked like beautiful paintings. We are looking forward to visiting again. Also, as people said, the lobster gnocchi was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NaiSaiDined on 7/13/2014The service was amazing! I forgot the waitress' name, but I would like to thank her for being so thoughtful about my girlfriend's vegetarian diet. The funny thing is that my girlfriend has the receipt so she would know name of the woman that served us. My girlfriend and I weren't hesitant at all when we decided to tip the waitress $15. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was amazing. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in Boston!PrincessrowenaDined on 7/13/2014We made a point of trying a few of the "best" restaurants in Boston and this was the best of them in terms of food and service....and it also was a bit cheaper than some of the others! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbFritzDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food, presentation and service. Wish we lived closer so we could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!KlkickDined on 7/12/2014Went on a Saturday date night. Our waiter, Wes was excellent, knowledgeable and personable. The food was spectacular. Lobster gnocci, spring salad, scallops abd pasta entree. Masterful! Best restaurant and sommelier (Jason Irving) in Boston! Hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!AlisonskaDined on 7/12/2014We had a great meal here on Saturday night, our first time at the restaurant. Especially enjoyed the signature cocktail, the Playa Picante. My husband and I shared a delicious beet salad, the gnocchi and the the pan-seared scallops. It was so pleasant to eat outside. We will be back!Special Features:
- Out of this world!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014This was by far one of the best meals we have ever had -- ever! Everything was superb...each dish from appetizer to dessert was presented with a variety of ingredients and flavors that melded to perfection. Service was impeccable. Wine list is extensive with great selections in every price range. If you are anywhere near Boston and you like good food and a special dining experience DO NOT miss Deuxave!!Special Features:
- great foodviarunVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food, great wine and beautifully decorated. Only concern was the service. Waiter was attentive at times and then he would disappear. We had our meal, which everything was amazing, we received our desert menus and then the waiter disappeared. We waited so long we skipped desert and asked for the check. We will be back, the food is too good not to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deuxave!MarieDined on 7/11/2014Quality ingredients was excellent! Cooking degree was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever hadJcolemanDined on 7/10/2014First time here, the steak melted in my mouth. It absolutely melted in my mouth, delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiscoveryfalconDined on 7/9/2014We went for our anniversary, and loved it. I agree with all of the positive reviews. The lobster and gnocchi were the best I ever had, as was the duck breast. Split a lovely dessert of native strawberries, Tres Leches cake, and avocado ice cream, all perfect. Fabulous cocktail called Italian Ice. My husband mentioned at the end of the meal that it was our anniversary, and the sommelier sent us each a glass of wonderful red sparklling wine, a delightful surprise. The meal and the ambience felt almost European, with a table of French diners near us and a waiter who could speak French. Great service, friendly and attentive but not hovering.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningSLDGDined on 7/8/2014Deuxave was a home run! Great drinks, food, service and setting. We sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful evening watching people walking their dogs, jogging, strolling in this neighborhood setting. Ordered a margarita and at first could not make it, checked with bartender and produced a perfect margarita. Onion soup and beet starters were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great atmoshpereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent restaurant. Brought my wife here for her birthday and was pleasantly surprised how large the portions were and how courteous the staff was. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fabulous Back Bay restaurant!dinex2Dined on 7/7/2014First time I used Open Table for recommendations as well as reservations, and this gem of a restaurant exceeded our expectations. The setting is elegant and serene, yet comfortable. Located on the ground floor of a corner brownstone, one wall is lined with beautiful windows and glass doors that open to the street or a lovely garden. We have been fortunate to travel often, and dine out on a regular basis. Duexave is one of the very best in our lengthy experience. A wonderful French restaurant, duck is a specialty on both the appetizer and main menu. Preparation is excellent, and presentation is beautiful, great service and wine list, contemporary background music, we could hear each other talk.... a family with kids present tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Again!!RJGUSDined on 7/6/2014We were at Deuxave for the first time two years ago as we celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary. This visit was less formal but just as enjoyable and memorable. We enjoyed martinis at the bar then a delightful dinner. The beet medley was especially distinctive and the savory chicken and lamb loin was really tasteful. We'll be back again......soon.Special Features:
- OutstandingDavekDined on 7/5/2014Everything about the late night meal was outstanding. Food was some of the best that I have had in recent memory.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding experience! Our waiter John was fantastic and provided attentive superb service delivering a wonderful dinning experience! He ensured our every desire was met along with delicious food. The lobster gnocchi, beet salad, sirloin, halibut and cheese plate were wonderful! We are frequent diners in Boston and Deuxave was exceptional! Looking forward to dining there again soon!Special Features:
- Canadians in BostonHobbit1Dined on 7/5/2014Service was 2nd to none we started on Patio then they let us finish the night inside as for food it was very very good and it was almost a crime to eat the food as it looked like a work of art! GREAT NIGHTSpecial Features:
- Great FindMBarnesDined on 7/4/2014Found just looking through internet for a place with good reviews and came across Deuxave. Glad we found it and that we went to it. Food was amazing. Best beet salad ever. Would definitely not want to miss out on dining at this place. Will return when back in Boston.Special Features:
- Quiet eleganceacg1Dined on 7/3/2014Appropriately attentive staff, great presentation of delicious food, pleasant ambience, an overall delightful dinner experience.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 7/2/2014Best halibut entree that I have had and this includes No. 9 Park. Beet and spring salad were very goodSpecial Features:
- Our best night in Boston!SwedesDined on 7/1/2014We, a family of four, booked a table for 7.30. Arriverad early - not a problem. The staff very accomodating and our server very professional, knew everything about the menu and the winelist. Carpaccio, tartar, beets and duck liver pate were our choices for appetizers, all of them very good. Steak, chicken and duck for entrees, amazing. We were full after that, but having seen desserts being delivered to other tables we had to try them as well. Strawberry something and Tonkabean something were our choices. My daughter said it was the best she ever had (and we have been at restaurants all over, so that really means something in her case). Will definately come back if were ever in Boston again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealTorontogirlDined on 6/29/2014Restaurant is in a beautiful neighbourhood. Too bad it was not busy when we were there last weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The outdoor space is really excellent, although it gets loud when motorcyclists go by (which happened upwards of 10 times)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to SnuffTudzDrklVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything except for the ambience was less than it should be for a restaurant of this, supposed, class. First the food. While most dishes were good and some very good, everything seemed to come up short: not a lot of creativity in the menu, flavors overmatched (the seared Fois Gras was taken a step too far with the donuts and strawberries, the Tarragon overwhelmed the chicken dish) and poor plate to table (a pasta dish obviously sat for a few minutes before being served). The service was generally good but in a restaurant of this caliber I don't want to have a wine glass picked up before I'm finished nor do I want to be asked if "I am still enjoying". This isn't The 99. Lastly, the wine list, while pretty good, was overpriced.Special Features:
- Consistently Good ExperiencesBullyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, coupled with attentive but nonintrusive service by wait staff makes this a favorite to entertain our special guests.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerpberardiDined on 6/27/2014We had the pleasure of having dinner at Deuxave the food and the service was amazing.Special Features:
- Always fabulousIabeanyVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have dined at Deuxave on more than ten occasions. The food is always outstanding, but the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and comfortable, well designed setting always makes each visit like it was the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerWeLoveFoodDined on 6/26/2014We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday. We specifically requested a booth and the restaurant had no problem accommodating the request. The food was absolutely amazing. We are both real foodies from Toronto, Canada and had done our research beforehand, so we were expecting a lot - and Deuxave delivered. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Fussy Dinner Loved DeaxavedebscornerDined on 6/24/2014Great French style food. Pasta dishes were exceptional too - especially the Cavatelli with pea and morels. Will go back and try other dishes there were too many options for just one meal. Very reasonable pricing for the amount of food we had! Service exceptional - made the meal that much better!!!!Special Features:
- What a treat!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Went to Deuxave Sunday night for a celebration of a BIG birthday and could not have been more thrilled with our experience. From the charming maitre d' to the knowledgeable waitstaff to the exceptional food, we had a fantastic evening and cannot wait to go back. (Not exorbitantly priced either! :)Special Features: