371 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deuxave.com/
- Phone: 6175175915x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We do offer 2 semi-private dining areas that accommodate up to 12 people in each of the 2 areas.
A word from Deuxave
Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Deuxave - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Deuxave reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (264)fit for foodies (239)romantic (205)notable wine list (202)neighborhood gem (157)great for outdoor dining (113)hot spot (53)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (32)scenic view (31)late-night find (22)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- DinnerDinnerOutDined on 8/16/2014Very attentive to the note I wrote in Open Table--letting them know my husbands 40th. Very personable service, lovely atmosphere, and food was the highlight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special Occasion!WindtrystVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I invited our son and his wife to celebrate his birthday. We're all "foodies," so we traditionally seek out a fine restaurant in Boston for the occasion. (My wife and I drove up from Maryland.) Having read that Deuxave was considered one of Boston's best, we decided to give it a try, and we weren't let down. We knew that the meal, with drinks, would be a bit on the pricey side, but the quality of the food, and especially its eye-popping presentation, made our choice of restaurant worth its tab. Two of us ordered the lamb entree and two of us ordered the halibut entree; all four of us were more than pleased with these two delicious options. We're already dreaming of returning to Deuxave a year hence.Special Features:
- great for special occasionKathleenVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sitting outside on the patio reminded us of Paris. Great setting, fabulous service, and a delicious meal. Our waiter John was professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best IMHOSteak4everVIPDined on 8/15/2014Another spectacular 3-course dinner at the bar. Food is phenomenal and prices are very reasonable for city standards. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is professional and knowledgeable. Looking forward to my next dinner at Deuxave.Special Features:
- Excellent Exerienceluv2dineDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I tried this restaurant for the first time last week and were not disappointed. The food was well prepared and delicious, our wait staff was very attentive and helpful with recommendations that were spot on. The table set-up was such that although busy our table was quiet and comfortable to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine FrenchAjb1Dined on 8/14/2014A fine French meal. All fresh ingredients. A wonderful farm to table concept. A elegant atmospherSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014Deuxave is our favorite restaurant in Boston. Very creative menu, romantic ambience and always welcoming. Wes is superb and it is always great to see him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Special1234VIPDined on 8/14/2014Menu was overpriced for food that was just OK. We ordered appetizers, entrees and dessert - nothing was terrible but nothing was remarkable either. Waiter was a bit pretentious but support wait staff were attentive.
- Perfect Dinnervus2Dined on 8/13/2014We are from germany and had dinner with the familiy during our US East Coast vacation trip. Very inspired and creative food, serious wine list and very attentative service. Nice setting and no Problem to prepare some simple noodles with butter for my youngest daughter, who is a bit picky with food. A great experience and a welcome variation from steaks and lobster.Special Features:
- Amazing food!mewill05Dined on 8/12/2014I would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is beautiful and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceBobNDined on 8/11/2014Was there for my wife 's birthday. First table was not quite adequate for us. Moved us to a more suitable location with no issues. Waitstaff was great, waiter didn't steer us wrong , food was absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh foodChaniganVIPDined on 8/11/2014We went to Deuxave for our anniversary. It was a perfect meal: fresh ingredients, smaller portion but lots of flavor. The foie gras was out of the world and just a nice piece to satisfy the indulgence without guilt. We both had fish/seafood as entree and were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Our evening was most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was expertly prepared. The staff from the moment we arrived at the valet service through our departure was exceptional. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. A great evening for the three of us!!Special Features:
- Worth it!Table42Dined on 8/11/2014A perfect romantic dinner for two on the terrasse. The service is friendly and attentive. I had the beef carpacio and tartare, followed by the fruits de mer. My fiancé had the duck paté and the chicken. The food was some of the best we have had in a long time. The terasse is a bit Noisy, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Okay, expected moreJCY888Dined on 8/10/2014Given the reviews, I had expected more. For an upscale restaurant, good service was expected and they did not disappoint. But the food was merely okay. Everything seemed a little too salty. Portions were somewhat minimalistic. The restaurant was okay, but expected more for the price and the quality of the reviews.Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014Once again we were treated like royalty with impeccable service and outstanding food! The staff at Deuxave was superb! The cocktails, lobster gnocchi, beet salad, sirloin, halibut, pasta bolognese topped off by the Rocky Road dessert were all outstanding! Not a morsel left on our plates! Looking forward to returning soon! Thank you to all at Deuxave for all you do!Special Features:
- Once again, an amazing mealJadoreDeuxaveVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have yet to encounter a bad plate or server at Deuxave. We always start with a bottle of Rosé and per usual the duck confit, it's a must! The restaurant stigma amongst servers of "it's not my table" is not the case for Deaxave, the management and team is clearly working well together and it shows in your experience. Each server knows the menu extremely well, to the point of knowing the exact location of a wine on their wine list. Our server was Shaine and he was fabulous! Not once did a feel there was a step of service missing. This is not my first time at Deuxave, this is my first review, but it will not be my last visit or positive feedback from this backbay gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best night of our lifeAndrewDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I went to Deuxave to celebrate our wedding anniversary! We were more the amazed by the ambiance, the food and most of all the service!!! Wow!! They went the extra mile to help us celebrate that milestone of ours by bringing us some a little sparkle for starters and a special desert. Our waiter Dominic was maybe the best waiter I have seen in my entire life! Such an outstanding young man!! The food was out of this world! My wife had the duck confit and the "bolognaise", I had the gnocchi and the "assiete de fruits de mer" we are pretty picky eaters (we are French) but the meal was FLAWLESS!! We will recommend that restaurant in a heartbeat! This is for sure our new favourite place in Boston!! Congratulations to all the team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermuffinbakerVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a splendid surprise to find another outstanding dining experience in Back Bay! My wife and I both enjoyed our appetizers and dinner which included well-prepared duck. The French cuisine could not be better from the sweet butter at the outset to the final offering of chocolates. The wine list is varied and extensive and would measure up to any restaurant list in the city. We will not wait until our next wedding anniversary to return to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem, superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service, enjoyed the wine, starters and entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant AtmospherePerryDined on 8/7/2014Excellent wait staff was very attentive in a pleasant atmosphere for my wife and I to have dinner. The lamb that I had was outstanding, though the French onion soup was nothing special as a first course.Special Features:
- Special night in BostonFoodfanVIPDined on 8/6/2014Perfect evening for outdoor dining and the food and service were wonderful from first to last. We shared the beet salad and had the duck and lamb as entrees. Service courtesy of Shaine and Don was excellent. So nice to be in Boston for pleasure instead of on business!Special Features:
- Excellent venue for a celebration!LeensDined on 8/6/2014Cannot say enough good things about Deuxave. Great atmosphere, delicious and unique food, superb service.We were fortunate to have same waiter from our last celebration, several months ago, and he remembered us! Looking forward to celebrating more happy occasions there.Special Features:
- overall wonderful experience!!playneDined on 8/6/2014we went to Deuxave for my husband's birthday and it was truly incredible! we heard many great things about Chris Coombs and he truly is an asset to Boston for great dining! We had a lovely champagne starter and then moved onto a bottle of Barbera. for apps I had the duck confit and beet salad, he had the lobster gnoccci, all truly delicious and memorable. by then I was stuffed but my husband had a steak for his main course, "seasoned perfectly", he said. the waitstaff was very good, there were a few times where it was hard to understand our gal, she had a thick European accent and she missed an opportunity to up-sell us a half bottle of champagne but overall she was very attentive and friendly. beautiful place, outside dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencebradjstkVIPDined on 8/6/2014Lived up to its #1 ranking!!! Super service, well prepared and presented food and outstanding and reasonbly priced wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Dining ExperiencekspadegalVIPDined on 8/6/2014I took my husband here for his Birthday and we were absolutely amazed. It was a beautiful evening so we sat outdoors, which has great people watching. The food was phenomenal. And I'm a harsh critic. Each course was exceptional and that is a rare find. Typically a restaurant has a course or two, which are noteworthy; however, Deuxave delivered winning courses each time. I highly recommend the crispy duck and cherry appetizer, which was cooked to perfection. The steak was also a welcome surprise to the usual steakhouse filets around town. We finished the meal with a cheese plate. My husband had the seared foie gras, which was great too, and the fish entree, which didn't blend w my dinner but he is still raving about. Thank you!Special Features:
- One of best of BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My wife and I just had a wonderful dinner. The duck confit and foie gras appetizers were each as good as we've ever had. They were both beautifully prepared, tender and wonderfully flavorful. The lamb and halibut entrees were both excellent but not exceptional in their composition or taste. My dessert was Chocolate Raspberry Royale. It may well be the best dessert I've ever had. The combination of the different chocolate textures and intensities accompanied by fresh raspberries and raspberry ganache was extraordinary. The dollop of a coconut sorbet which was more like a gelato added a perfect counterpoint. All in all I would rate Deuxave as comparable to Clio, better than L'espalier and not quite as good as Menton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute cuisine on Comm AveKatemsDined on 8/4/2014Who would have thought you'd find haute cuisine on the corner of Mass and Comm Ave? The food was delicious, the menu just big enough, same for the wine list. The only thing missing was a French waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, great foodjbouch31Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is rated #1 in Boston on Trip Advisor, and they did not disappoint. Apart from being seated in a little nook right up against a mirror, which felt a bit restrictive, we had a lovely evening. The food and service were both excellent.Special Features:
- Romatic EveningackgirlDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful decor and wonderful ambiance was enhanced by outstanding service and exceptional food. Our server, Shaine, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. A bit on the pricey side but worth it. The wine list is well balanced with fairly priced value wines and splurges for those special occasions.Special Features:
- You'll enjoy dinner @ DeuxaveEstuaryDinerDined on 8/1/2014The menu was interesting and the dishes were extremely well executed with real attention to detail. Our table server was both knowledgeable and helpful, suggesting a great wine to accompany our meal. All in all an extremely enjoyable meal. Great food, attentive service and a relaxed atmosphere. I'd certainly go back there.Special Features:
- MixedLovetoDineDined on 8/1/2014There were so many wonderful reviews so we chose this restaurant on our recent trip to Boston. What we realized is service has a great deal to do with the overall experience. This restaurant needs to be careful of Pretentious staff. The food was excellent however so as for recommending this restaurant as long as they understand that the evening is about their guests they will continue to achieve this high rating.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodPippaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Every bite was exceptional. And though the restaurant is on the more formal side, it still manages to be relaxed and welcoming. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Good quality-priceMyhemDined on 7/28/2014My boyfriend and I really appreciated our experience in this restaurant. It was our first time in Boston and we found the restaurant on Trip Advisor. We had dinner outside. The meals were good to see and to taste. There were original ingredients and combination. The price of the meals and the wine was affordable for that kind of restaurant. The service was good and fast.Special Features:
- gluten free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014The restaurant dealt quite well with the gluten free needs of one of the guests.the server was attentive and helpful and the food well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and flavor in spadesdatenightduoDined on 7/28/2014I commented in my reservation that I'd prefer a romantic seat since I was out on a rare date night with my husband. They read it and took it to heart. We had the "luxury" seats with pillows. The bar sent us some complimentary champagne and we also had a wonderfully delicious appetizer. The wait satff worked together to make it a romantic and satisfying experience without being intrusive. I loved the "Duet of Prime Beef Tartare & Wagyu Carpaccio." My husband enjoyed the Fr. onion soup. Their signature duck breast was amazing and my husband preferred it over his NY Strip! As a Dark & Stormy fan, I tried the similar Andrea Gail. (still prefer a real D&S, but it was interesting) Try Deuxave if you want service + romance + delicious food!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLillyDined on 7/27/2014This was a great restaurant with excellent food. The presentation was amazing. I had a dessert with avacado ice cream as a garnish. It does not sound delicious but it was outstanding. Great wine list. I will go back when in Boston again.Special Features:
- SUPERBMACWESTDined on 7/26/2014Food, Atmosphere, Service were all outstanding. Beautiful place for a special occasion or dinner with friends. If you are a foodie you will love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dinner outingRajADined on 7/24/2014Not much to say that hasn't been said...great place...good food. A little pricey for just going out but we were visiting boston and wanted something nice. Chocolate dessert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lg's rateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014This is my favorite restaurant. The food is exceptional, the restaurant handsome, the staff superb. what more could one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.