1201 M Raleigh Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bin54restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9199691155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Draper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private dining up to 22 as well as the wine cellar table, which seats up to 8.
- Private Party Contact: Branko Kidric 9199691155
A word from BIN 54
Using only the highest quality ingredients, Bin 54 elevates classic steakhouse dishes to a new level of refinement. Staged in a warm contemporary setting, diners are offered glimpses of the wood-fired grill, a canopied patio, and the temperature controlled wine room stocked with an extensive inventory of both eclectic and traditional selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BIN 54 - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
BIN 54 reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best steak in a long time!CoupleoffoodiesDined on 6/4/2014Steak was cooked perfectly and blue cheese sauce was rich and to die for! I would recommend the lobster gnocchi and crime brûlée for dessert. We went during triangle restaurant week, so got a great deal. Jerad pricing was a bit high normally, but you defiantly pay for great service and fantastic food. We will be back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!bullcitycocoVIPDined on 6/4/2014Came here with a large group (8) for restaurant week. The steak blew me away! Perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, and the sides held their own. Yum!
- Good ChoiceactinoDined on 6/3/2014While living in Chapel Hill, we never ate at Bin 54 because we didn't believe the food could be worth the price. We were wrong! The food, service, and drink were outstanding. The only down for us was that the tables were too close and the noise level too high. I really wasn't interested in hearing any part of the conversation behind us between an older man and his "trophy" date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the bestSpongeSteveDined on 6/3/2014Everything about Bin54 was superb - the service was incredibly attentive; the foods were served with style and extremely high quality preparation; the sauces were unique and the ambiance was perfectSpecial Features:
- Good food, good servicepgallVIPDined on 6/2/2014We went to Bin 54 during Restaurant Week and the food was very good. The Restaurant Week menu helped with the cost of the meal. We chose to sit outside because inside seemed a bit noisy. We enjoyed the wait staff and our meals. Excellent wine menu.Special Features:
- DurhamfoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Delicious and very attentive service. I would go back.Special Features:
- great foodEdwardDined on 5/27/2014best meats in town, fabulous wine selection but a bit pricy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencechapelhillianDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time at Bin 54, and even though I'd heard great things about it, it exceeded my expectations. Almost everything was perfect -- every course, the service, the atmosphere. The only thing that I would change is the noise level. It was a little too loud (we were seated near a large group), but even so, it didn't detract from an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceGrad2014Dined on 5/23/2014Great food and atmosphere. Fabulous wine selection and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around evening!LivedinZurichDined on 5/8/2014If you like high end steaks simply put…this is the spot in Chapel Hill for sure, possibly the best in NC. Fabu cocktail menu, great salads, perfectly cooked veggies, lovingly and generously prepared desserts. A must for your next special evening out. Prices reflect the quality, we thought it was a good value.Special Features:
- First Class Steakhouseeat4funDined on 5/5/2014Bin 54 is on a par with the "name" steakhouses, with service that is superior, in all respects. Wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly at the same time. Kitchen is efficient (we were timely served with food at the proper temperature). We know it's the custom at high-end steakhouses to serve side dishes in table-size portions, which is probably good if only 2 are dining (and looking at the table set-up, most diners expected are 2), but when 4 are present, and all are not on the same side dish page, it results in too many leftovers (and higher cost). Wine list superb.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!lunchproVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant and my family was celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday. Jared and Beth Ann took fabulous care of us all night long. The tuna tartare appetizer is phenomenal and our steaks were all cooked to perfection. The Blue Cheese butter made my 6oz filet melt in my mouth! Fantastic restaurant when you're celebrating a special occasion AND when you just want to celebrate the day.Special Features:
- Great food, service lackingluvdiningoutDined on 4/29/2014We had heard great things about Bin 54 and selected this restaurant for dinner with friends visiting from out of state. The restaurant was busy, and quite noisy. Our waiter was not the best. We waited a very long time for our entrees, and the waiter was more involved in servicing a large party at a neighboring table. After waiting approximately one hour for our entrees, we managed to flag down another waiter who sent the manager over to see us. The manager explained that the kitchen had overlooked the ticket for our entrees and our food would arrive in approximately 7 minutes. The food was still late in arriving but the manager came over to again apologize for the delay and told us that our entrees were on him. very nice gesture.Special Features:
- Awesome!!yumyumDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 7yr anniversary at BIN54 which was a last minute decision. We booked our reservation online w/o a problem and had an absolutely wonderful time and the food was EXCELLENT. Did I mention the delicious banana pudding :-)They're very pricey but worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April 26, 2014-Dinner with familyChapelHillReviewsDined on 4/26/2014I had dinner at Bin 54 on Saturday April 26, 2014. Our party was a group of six with a reservation for 6:30. The reservation process through OpenTable was easy and our table was ready for us when we arrived. As a group we all ordered drinks, appetizers, main courses and dessert. All of it was excellent. The items that stand out were: lobster gnocci, banana pudding, cheese and bacon grits and the Lil Pim cocktail. I also had the 6 oz filet which was cooked precisely to order and was outstanding. They have an extensive wine list and several cocktail choices. They have ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014We celebrated our son's 21st Birthday at Bin 54 and our experience was great.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDCNCDined on 4/19/2014We have never been disappointed by our visits to Bin 54. The servers are always friendly. It had been over a year since our last visit we were remembered. We have always enjoyed the food there. Looking forward to our next visit:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and MealNut4WineDined on 4/14/2014As good a place for high-end steak as I've ever been to. Great choices and perfectly prepared. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Very attentive staff, veryknrdurhamDined on 4/4/2014Very attentive staff, very good food, very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChrisDined on 4/1/2014Bin 54 has phenomenal food and an extensive wine list. The service is top op the line- I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a perfectly cooked steak and a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks and servicextinaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Bin 54 revealed itself! It's the restaurant I knew and hoped it would be. They gave us a chance to revisit after vocalizing our concerns expressed in a previous review and we are Customers for life. We brought friends and know they will be returning. The server was at our table in a matter of seconds introducing himself and the other server that would be assisting. From that point the bread plate was never empty, water glasses were never low and we were regularly asked how we were doing. The food was outstanding. Our table shared the calamari and it was delicious. Our table had petit filets, hanger steak and the lamb special. All were perfectly cooked to order. I had my rare plus :). Our sides were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!BestrickDined on 3/22/2014My boyfriend loves his red meat so I'm always on the lookout for great special occasion places that do steak right. This one certainly fit the bill. Service started out a bit poorly but then I realized that the waitress was nervous. Once she relaxed we had a great dinner. Dinner was paced nicely. Drinks and apps were quick to arrive. Both of our steaks were cooked perfectly. Creme brûlée for dessert was great! The atmosphere was warm and cozy with the reds and browns. Great birthday dinner. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Took my friend out for our first date. The service was amazing and they paid attention to every little detail. I drooped my napkin and literally 10 seconds later there was somone picking it up and there was with a new one. Great food great service and worth the high price. I paid about $160.Special Features:
- Let's talk best NY strip steakGarycooksVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wow. What at pleasant surprise Superb steak. As good as any I have enjoyed In NYC. I will return for sure!! This restaurant is a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in the area!IzzieDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I went to Bin 54 for our wedding anniversary. We were blown away by the excellent service, the cozy atmosphere and amazing food. This will be out new "go-to" place for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- BRAVO Bin 54!!FoodE2Dined on 2/24/2014First class all the way! Beautiful contemporary chic ambiance, spectacular service, the food and extensive wine menus were incredible. We went to celebrate a birthday and were prepared to "splurge". All and all the food, wine and service was well worth every penny spent and we were actually surprised when we got the bill. Not as bad as anticipated. They were very kind to give us a romantic corner table and treated the birthday man to lovely chocolate truffles for dessert. We had a late night dinner reservation and never felt for a minute as if they were rushing us out. We are SO looking forward to dining there again soon. Simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bin ThereChrisVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was great; however, service was only fair and the place wasn't packed. With their prices, service needs to be a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Steak Dinnerdfrog432Dined on 2/21/2014This was a great place to get a wood fired steak dinner. The entire restaurant was separated into functional areas. the bar, dining and main room made for different experiences. The bar drink selections are very overwhelming. Also the Wine list can confuse rookies. This is not a fast experience. You should relax and enjoy your time at Bin 54.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSandiDined on 2/17/2014I took my nephew for dinner for his special birthday. We had excellent service and the food was wonderful! The experience was memorable. Neither of us had to ask for water glasses to be refilled as service was attentive. The food was prepared as we asked and it was as good as any expensive NY steak house! I would definitely return and dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers at Bar were GreatBrachlVIPDined on 2/17/2014Had a lovely dinner with two girlfriends for one of their birthdays. We ate at the bar so we could watch the UNC game. We all had the 5 oz hamburgers; they were delicious and plenty big. The side of fries was very generous. I had asked for a side of mushrooms instead, but they brought fries by mistake. They apologized and brought me a small portion of mushrooms. Two of us had beer, and one had wine, and all the drinks were good. The bartender was knowledgeable and helpful. All in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Floplmbhmm412Dined on 2/14/2014Had a resevation but still had to wait 15 mins for our table. Place was nice and dimmlly lit for the occasion. Wait staff was great but food was sub par. Set menu was to be expected but no salads available other than a BEET salad. Food just was not what it should have been for A 200.00 check. We went out the next night and had a much more enjoyable time at a different establishment. Save your money!Special Features:
- A bit loudPeterFraedrichVIPDined on 2/5/2014The food and service was great but the noise level is beyond annoying. They need to somehow install sound buffers or find a way to reduce the reflection of conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is what velvet tastes likeManhattanStrayDined on 2/5/2014The steaks were great and prepared with excellence. Staff well trained and well coordinated. Yes, the atmosphere can be energetic, but that may lend to the buzz, We went on a Wednesday evening and it was packed. Tuna tartare was superb as was Oskar side of hollandaise and asparagus, Texture is the key ingredient in getting these sauces right and they nailed it. Great place to have in the Triangle. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2014Food fabulous, but there was a noisy table that ruined the restaurant for all of us. We couldn't carry on a conversation. Too bad...won't return!
- Feb1 Bin54IUhoopsDined on 2/1/2014The steaks and wine were outstanding. The service was quite erratic, as 4-5 different people checked on us, and our waiter seemed distracted and did not review all the specials that were not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine, food, serviceJenniferVIPDined on 2/1/2014Amazing wine, food, service and ambiance! Definitely recommend highly!Special Features:
- Satisfying as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014Bin 54, whether I'm in the bar or eating in the dining room, is always welcoming. The food always lives up to my high expectations and the bar serves up delightful drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in all regards!Swan53Dined on 1/24/2014Fantastic in all regards! We are looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Steak, OK servicextinaVIPDined on 1/24/2014The steak at Bin 54 is our favorite. We LOVE rare plus as a temperature option. If you do decide to go here be prepared for not the best service. We understand busy but the servers could be a little more attentive. It makes us not want to go and pay full price ever. We were given a table right by the door. There was a draft and it was cold. I know it's restaurant week but the couple before us were shown the table and they shook their heads and were led to another table in the back of the restaurant. It was unfortunate that when we were given that table and then requested a different we waited 30 min and then an additional 10 before we saw a waiter. And we had a 9PM reservation. The server didn't actually talk to us until 9:40PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Great restaurant. The service was impeccable. As a graduate student, this is definitely a special occasions restaurant, but it was worth every penny.Special Features: