1201 M Raleigh Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bin54restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9199691155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Draper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private dining up to 22 as well as the wine cellar table, which seats up to 8.
- Private Party Contact: Branko Kidric 9199691155
A word from BIN 54
Using only the highest quality ingredients, Bin 54 elevates classic steakhouse dishes to a new level of refinement. Staged in a warm contemporary setting, diners are offered glimpses of the wood-fired grill, a canopied patio, and the temperature controlled wine room stocked with an extensive inventory of both eclectic and traditional selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BIN 54 - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
BIN 54 reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (52)notable wine list (49)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome!!yumyumDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 7yr anniversary at BIN54 which was a last minute decision. We booked our reservation online w/o a problem and had an absolutely wonderful time and the food was EXCELLENT. Did I mention the delicious banana pudding :-)They're very pricey but worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April 26, 2014-Dinner with familyChapelHillReviewsDined on 4/26/2014I had dinner at Bin 54 on Saturday April 26, 2014. Our party was a group of six with a reservation for 6:30. The reservation process through OpenTable was easy and our table was ready for us when we arrived. As a group we all ordered drinks, appetizers, main courses and dessert. All of it was excellent. The items that stand out were: lobster gnocci, banana pudding, cheese and bacon grits and the Lil Pim cocktail. I also had the 6 oz filet which was cooked precisely to order and was outstanding. They have an extensive wine list and several cocktail choices. They have ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014We celebrated our son's 21st Birthday at Bin 54 and our experience was great.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDCNCDined on 4/19/2014We have never been disappointed by our visits to Bin 54. The servers are always friendly. It had been over a year since our last visit we were remembered. We have always enjoyed the food there. Looking forward to our next visit:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and MealNut4WineDined on 4/14/2014As good a place for high-end steak as I've ever been to. Great choices and perfectly prepared. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Very attentive staff, veryknrdurhamDined on 4/4/2014Very attentive staff, very good food, very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChrisDined on 4/1/2014Bin 54 has phenomenal food and an extensive wine list. The service is top op the line- I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a perfectly cooked steak and a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks and servicextinaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Bin 54 revealed itself! It's the restaurant I knew and hoped it would be. They gave us a chance to revisit after vocalizing our concerns expressed in a previous review and we are Customers for life. We brought friends and know they will be returning. The server was at our table in a matter of seconds introducing himself and the other server that would be assisting. From that point the bread plate was never empty, water glasses were never low and we were regularly asked how we were doing. The food was outstanding. Our table shared the calamari and it was delicious. Our table had petit filets, hanger steak and the lamb special. All were perfectly cooked to order. I had my rare plus :). Our sides were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!BestrickDined on 3/22/2014My boyfriend loves his red meat so I'm always on the lookout for great special occasion places that do steak right. This one certainly fit the bill. Service started out a bit poorly but then I realized that the waitress was nervous. Once she relaxed we had a great dinner. Dinner was paced nicely. Drinks and apps were quick to arrive. Both of our steaks were cooked perfectly. Creme brûlée for dessert was great! The atmosphere was warm and cozy with the reds and browns. Great birthday dinner. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Took my friend out for our first date. The service was amazing and they paid attention to every little detail. I drooped my napkin and literally 10 seconds later there was somone picking it up and there was with a new one. Great food great service and worth the high price. I paid about $160.Special Features:
- Let's talk best NY strip steakGarycooksVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wow. What at pleasant surprise Superb steak. As good as any I have enjoyed In NYC. I will return for sure!! This restaurant is a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in the area!IzzieDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I went to Bin 54 for our wedding anniversary. We were blown away by the excellent service, the cozy atmosphere and amazing food. This will be out new "go-to" place for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- BRAVO Bin 54!!FoodE2Dined on 2/24/2014First class all the way! Beautiful contemporary chic ambiance, spectacular service, the food and extensive wine menus were incredible. We went to celebrate a birthday and were prepared to "splurge". All and all the food, wine and service was well worth every penny spent and we were actually surprised when we got the bill. Not as bad as anticipated. They were very kind to give us a romantic corner table and treated the birthday man to lovely chocolate truffles for dessert. We had a late night dinner reservation and never felt for a minute as if they were rushing us out. We are SO looking forward to dining there again soon. Simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bin ThereChrisVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was great; however, service was only fair and the place wasn't packed. With their prices, service needs to be a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Steak Dinnerdfrog432Dined on 2/21/2014This was a great place to get a wood fired steak dinner. The entire restaurant was separated into functional areas. the bar, dining and main room made for different experiences. The bar drink selections are very overwhelming. Also the Wine list can confuse rookies. This is not a fast experience. You should relax and enjoy your time at Bin 54.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSandiDined on 2/17/2014I took my nephew for dinner for his special birthday. We had excellent service and the food was wonderful! The experience was memorable. Neither of us had to ask for water glasses to be refilled as service was attentive. The food was prepared as we asked and it was as good as any expensive NY steak house! I would definitely return and dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers at Bar were GreatBrachlVIPDined on 2/17/2014Had a lovely dinner with two girlfriends for one of their birthdays. We ate at the bar so we could watch the UNC game. We all had the 5 oz hamburgers; they were delicious and plenty big. The side of fries was very generous. I had asked for a side of mushrooms instead, but they brought fries by mistake. They apologized and brought me a small portion of mushrooms. Two of us had beer, and one had wine, and all the drinks were good. The bartender was knowledgeable and helpful. All in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Floplmbhmm412Dined on 2/14/2014Had a resevation but still had to wait 15 mins for our table. Place was nice and dimmlly lit for the occasion. Wait staff was great but food was sub par. Set menu was to be expected but no salads available other than a BEET salad. Food just was not what it should have been for A 200.00 check. We went out the next night and had a much more enjoyable time at a different establishment. Save your money!Special Features:
- A bit loudPeterFraedrichVIPDined on 2/5/2014The food and service was great but the noise level is beyond annoying. They need to somehow install sound buffers or find a way to reduce the reflection of conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is what velvet tastes likeManhattanStrayDined on 2/5/2014The steaks were great and prepared with excellence. Staff well trained and well coordinated. Yes, the atmosphere can be energetic, but that may lend to the buzz, We went on a Wednesday evening and it was packed. Tuna tartare was superb as was Oskar side of hollandaise and asparagus, Texture is the key ingredient in getting these sauces right and they nailed it. Great place to have in the Triangle. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2014Food fabulous, but there was a noisy table that ruined the restaurant for all of us. We couldn't carry on a conversation. Too bad...won't return!
- Feb1 Bin54IUhoopsDined on 2/1/2014The steaks and wine were outstanding. The service was quite erratic, as 4-5 different people checked on us, and our waiter seemed distracted and did not review all the specials that were not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine, food, serviceJenniferVIPDined on 2/1/2014Amazing wine, food, service and ambiance! Definitely recommend highly!Special Features:
- Satisfying as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014Bin 54, whether I'm in the bar or eating in the dining room, is always welcoming. The food always lives up to my high expectations and the bar serves up delightful drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in all regards!Swan53Dined on 1/24/2014Fantastic in all regards! We are looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Steak, OK servicextinaVIPDined on 1/24/2014The steak at Bin 54 is our favorite. We LOVE rare plus as a temperature option. If you do decide to go here be prepared for not the best service. We understand busy but the servers could be a little more attentive. It makes us not want to go and pay full price ever. We were given a table right by the door. There was a draft and it was cold. I know it's restaurant week but the couple before us were shown the table and they shook their heads and were led to another table in the back of the restaurant. It was unfortunate that when we were given that table and then requested a different we waited 30 min and then an additional 10 before we saw a waiter. And we had a 9PM reservation. The server didn't actually talk to us until 9:40PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Great restaurant. The service was impeccable. As a graduate student, this is definitely a special occasions restaurant, but it was worth every penny.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekBeverlyTDined on 1/24/2014As a first time guest, I found the service impeccable and the restaurant week menu sufficiently varied. The suggested wine was on point for both the salmon and beef entree. The server had been unaware that 10% of the proceeds from Restaurant Week benefit the Food Bank but he surely will include that in his description of the event in the future. I will return to Bin54.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014My husband and I went for Triangle Restaurant Week and both of our meals were fantastic. The cocktails were impressive as well. I have always heard wonderful things about Bin 54 and they were all confirmed with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rest. Weekashleyryan8Dined on 1/23/2014I was very pleased and surprised with the menu for restaurant week. The taste, temperature and options for dinner were outstanding. I appreciated the extra A-1 since I am literally addicted although the steak didn't need it at all. The Blue Cheese added extra amazing flavor. I was very pleased and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud with good foodDaisyDined on 1/23/2014Food was very good, but the place was crowded and loud. It was restaurant week, so maybe another time wouldn't be as bad.Special Features:
- Triangle Restaurant Week GemForTheLoveofFoodDined on 1/22/2014I appreciate the fact that Bin 54 offered items from their current menu on the Triangle Restaurant Week menu as well as items that they do not typically have. Overall, Bin 54 makes a mean steak. Great for the men, but with the ambiance to take a lady out on a romantic evening. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindDedeBVIPDined on 1/22/2014I took some clients for a celebratory dinner. The food was very good with the fixed-price menu. Dessert was delicious Creme brûlée. Wines are pricey but there's a good selection.Special Features:
- I had been there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2014I had been there several times before, but went for restaurant week because of the deal. The steak was the usual, good not amazing, but the service seemed a little unenthusiastic given the restaurant week crowd.Special Features:
- Medium-rare?DineOnDined on 1/21/2014Note to the hostess: I know you usually put the menus on the table, but if I reach for it, it's because I want to look at it. You do not need to tell me that you are putting it on the table. Now, as for the meal: I started out with the beef tartar, which was so heavy and salty, I couldn't finish it. Being a big-time foodie, this is rare for me. Next came my "medium rare" steak. Except it was medium-well. Though I said it was ok, because it was late, the waiter insisted I get a new one. Fine. Except the new one was rare. Bleeding. It was late(r) at this point, so I just ate the not-still-alive parts. (I realize this is ironic due to the fact that I started with beef tartar, but, I know what I like!) Dessert (choco mousse) was great.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceMCrowellVIPDined on 1/21/2014Come here for a great steak and wonderful service. My water glass was never low and our server was attentive, without being too present. I always have a good quality and perfectly cooked steak at Bin 54. I ordered dessert this time, which was absolutely delicious. You really can't go wrong, here.Special Features:
- An evening to rememberGlad2bHereVIPDined on 1/21/2014We brought a couple with us to experience what we believe is the best beef restaurant in the triangle and the filet mignons that everyone had lived up to that high standard. We were treated to having our meal in the private wine room. The ambience and dining experience made this a very special, memorable evening.Special Features:
- Went for Restaurant Week.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/21/2014Went for Restaurant Week. Have been a few times in the past and always thought it was good but overpriced. Restaurant week menu is a great value and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmgAlexandriaVIPDined on 1/20/2014Everything was wonderful! I can't wait to go back!! I had the lobster gnocchi which was fabulous and the filet Mignon was cooked perfectly medium rare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningSpongeSteveDined on 1/20/2014The restaurant and everything about it was superb. The service was exceptional and the food was prepared perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.