22 N Lumina Ave
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.22north.net/
- Phone: 9105090177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Poteat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 22 North
Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
22 North - Best Restaurants in Wrightsville Beach ›
22 North reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Trip Advisor reviews of someOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2010Trip Advisor reviews of some of the better-known local seafood restaurants were surprisingly scathing but 22 North's reviews were almost all positive. We made reservations online--which turned out to be unnecessary on this night. The restaurant's outward appearance didn't inspire confidence but the inside was pleasant and we were greeted immediately by the hostess who showed us to a table. My wife thought the table was in a too high-traffic area so the hostess showed us to a large booth in the bar area. The menu is on a large chalk board brought to the table. The waiter was knowledgable about the dishes and answered all our questions. We both enjoyed our selections and would try them again. Service was prompt, courteous and timely.Special Features:
- This restaurant sells itselfnycfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2010This restaurant sells itself with an award winning chef. DON"T BELIEVE IT!!!! We dined at many restaurants in the Wilmington/Wrightsville area and this one was the worst!!!
- Great restaurant to walk toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2010Great restaurant to walk to while staying on the beach. Very good service. Large bar area for viewing sporting events. It was quiet the night of our visit. The restaurant is dark and cozy. Would return to try more of their entree options. Dinner menu is created each night based on fresh catch etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- We sat for nearly ten minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2010We sat for nearly ten minutes without water or a drink order when we first arrived, but when we mentioned our concern the wait staff moved quickly to assign a waiter and he was very good at his job. The food was excellent, the bar tender was a little shy with the liquor, and the final price was more than we anticiapated or would pay again for the same experience.
- We had a fine experience inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2010We had a fine experience in our visit. Food was very good, service was very good, and overall it was a pleasant time. Would dine there again when in that part of NC.Special Features:
- Very disappointing! How canOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2010Very disappointing! How can 22 North be rated #1 in Wrightsville Beach? The food that we saw had no resemblance to the pictures on their web site, and we could not believe that our meals had been prepared by an award-winning chef. The short wine list was pedestrian and grossly overpriced. Although the entree choices were also somewhat limited the evening that we dined, we were invited to return in two days when the weekly menu change would occur. The physical surroundings inside and out could best be described as 'tired and shabby.' Although the service was friendly and efficient, my wife and I did not appreciate being continually addressed as "guys. Bottom line: our dining experience at 22 North was unremarkable in every way.
- The food was good, but certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2010The food was good, but certainly not worth the rave reviews we saw before going there. In its favor, the prices weren't as high as the reviews made me think it might be. The menu was quite limited. Be sure to check that you want what they are serving the night you go--we might have preferred the next day's menu better. My grouper was properly cooked and had good accompaniment, but the top of it was overseasoned. I avoided the overseasoned part as I ate. It was walking distance from the condo where we were staying. We don't live in the area, but if we did, we would probably try other places before returning unless the day's menu was really promising.
- The food was very good, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2010The food was very good, especially the she-crab soup. service was enthusiastic, but the young man was not well trained. he was attentive however and was a nice young man with a positive attitude.
- Menu selection was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010Menu selection was very poor. Price was way to high for the food. I got the triple tail with lobster ravioli, 2 small pieces of fish, four raviolis and a whole lot of boiled vegetable fillers,seriously it was over half non-seafood, and it cost 25 bucks. The food is fresh and I guess thats the reason for the 5 or six menu choices, but wont ever go back there again.
- The food was good, but saladsfoodloverVIPDined on 6/4/2010The food was good, but salads were nothing special.
- We really enjoyed everythingRdwightDined on 5/25/2010We really enjoyed everything we had. The food was local and innovative and they were very accommodating. We will definitely return and reccommned it to others.Special Features: