22 N Lumina Ave
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.22north.net/
- Phone: 9105090177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Poteat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 22 North
Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
22 North - Best Restaurants in Wrightsville Beach ›
22 North reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very disappointing! How canOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2010Very disappointing! How can 22 North be rated #1 in Wrightsville Beach? The food that we saw had no resemblance to the pictures on their web site, and we could not believe that our meals had been prepared by an award-winning chef. The short wine list was pedestrian and grossly overpriced. Although the entree choices were also somewhat limited the evening that we dined, we were invited to return in two days when the weekly menu change would occur. The physical surroundings inside and out could best be described as 'tired and shabby.' Although the service was friendly and efficient, my wife and I did not appreciate being continually addressed as "guys. Bottom line: our dining experience at 22 North was unremarkable in every way.
- The food was good, but certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2010The food was good, but certainly not worth the rave reviews we saw before going there. In its favor, the prices weren't as high as the reviews made me think it might be. The menu was quite limited. Be sure to check that you want what they are serving the night you go--we might have preferred the next day's menu better. My grouper was properly cooked and had good accompaniment, but the top of it was overseasoned. I avoided the overseasoned part as I ate. It was walking distance from the condo where we were staying. We don't live in the area, but if we did, we would probably try other places before returning unless the day's menu was really promising.
- The food was very good, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2010The food was very good, especially the she-crab soup. service was enthusiastic, but the young man was not well trained. he was attentive however and was a nice young man with a positive attitude.
- Menu selection was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010Menu selection was very poor. Price was way to high for the food. I got the triple tail with lobster ravioli, 2 small pieces of fish, four raviolis and a whole lot of boiled vegetable fillers,seriously it was over half non-seafood, and it cost 25 bucks. The food is fresh and I guess thats the reason for the 5 or six menu choices, but wont ever go back there again.
- The food was good, but saladsfoodloverVIPDined on 6/4/2010The food was good, but salads were nothing special.
- We really enjoyed everythingRdwightDined on 5/25/2010We really enjoyed everything we had. The food was local and innovative and they were very accommodating. We will definitely return and reccommned it to others.Special Features: