22 N Lumina Ave
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.22north.net/
- Phone: 9105090177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Poteat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 22 North
Located on historic Wrightsville Beach, 22 North has earned a reputation by visitors and locals alike as "the best kept secret on the beach." Embodying the best of traditional Lower Cape Fear cuisine with classic French and rustic Creole fare, we take pride in providing our guests with the most unique and eclectic Southern comfort food in the Wilmington area. Taking full advantage of the naturally abundant resources Cape Fear is blessed with, our menu changes virtually every day. You're sure to find local favorites along with bold, exciting, and fresh new creations! House specialties like our award-winning silky She-Crab soup, grilled Skirt Steak or our famous Shrimp n'Grits are featured along with more innovative fare such as Sweet Potato Crusted Grouper, Buttermilk fried Alligator and country ham Blue Crab Cakes. And of course our wonderful homemade desserts such as Key Lime Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding are pure delight. We invite you to come on in and make yourself at home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
22 North - Best Restaurants in Wrightsville Beach ›
22 North reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!finefoodDined on 5/9/2014The food and service at 22 North are outstanding! They were very accommodating to special requests we had for menu changes due to dietary concerns. We would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodETNC1Dined on 5/4/2014The food at 22 North is outstanding! Unique offerings, outrageous seasonings and fresh ingredients! I had the Berry Blossom cocktail noted as the drink of 2014 Azalea Festival! The drink was smooth, fantastic! We will definitely return for more great cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughMarineCaliDined on 4/27/2014I'd never been inside the restaurant because from the outside it looks a little run down, but when you open the front door it has a nice dining area and a separate bar area! Had tried finding a menu but I was then presently surprised when I found out the menu changes daily and that they list their meals on portable blackboards. They had delicious food (most <$20) with good portions and also an extensive wine and cocktail list. The only negative experience we had was when my mom was told that they had run out of red wine by the glass. There were other bottles of red so offering to open a less expensive bottle should have been no problem. All in all it was a great time and I'll be going back again with friends.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious.servetochangeDined on 4/26/2014I brought my two teens here for dinner. The appetizers looked so good that we decided to sample them, knowing we would be satiated. We certainly were - the meats were tender, perfectly seasoned, just delectable. I wonder if we received a little less attentive service for ordering the small plates, but we were taken care of. Dessert was wonderful, too! I have already recommended the restaurant to a friend that visits the area frequently and I am planning my next visit here as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKayakILMVIPDined on 4/21/2014Have been here several times with different clients. Food has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Food was excellent. All in our party were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FinishClassyLadyDined on 4/17/2014Our last night in WB. We went to Holy Thurs. service and for out later than expected. The restaurant was waiting for us. Myself and two teenagers had a very good meal and fabulous dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemBrendaOntheGoDined on 4/14/2014Surprised to find superb food inside this average storefront. The chalk menu scared me a little at first but it works. My shrimp and grits were fabulous! The appetizers were also fantastic! Best alligator ever and the bacon wrap scallops a must! Wonderful find. Thank you Open Table.Special Features:
- Best Beach Side FindangelaseapeaceDined on 4/12/2014angela#seapeacet this place for a while now, and finally got a chance to go with my husband for a romantic dinner. The service was amazing! The ambiance was perfect which set that nice romantic feel we wanted. The food was TO DIE FOR! All the flavors the chef used went so well together and complemented each other perfectly. Dessert was fantastic and made that day. All around, the best dining experience I've EVER had and now my husbands and my new anniversary spot. Thank you all for your passion in what you do, because it mede our night perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food reasonably pricedBaibaDined on 4/12/201422 North changes its menu almost every day, so they bring the menu to you on a chalkboard and explain it. I had the Mahi Mahi, which was wonderfully spiced, perfectly cooked, and delicious (as well as being a very big piece of fish) and my husband had the scallops, which tasted fresh, perfectly cooked, and perfectly seasoned.. I also had a mixed drink, a Berry something, which was exquisite. Mixed drinks come in a twirly hard to handle glass, but the waitress pours it at the table from the shaker. 22 North (which is their address--22 North Lumina) has a good selection of specialty drinks. We actually went back the next night to see what they had, but they hadn't changed the menu from the previous day so we dined elsewhere.Special Features:
- Happy wifeHungryman101Dined on 4/4/2014I took my wife here for her birthday dinner. First time going for both of us. The food was great from start to finish. Only down side for me was the lack of parking (it is at the beach but still) also a little dark for my liking but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backMikeDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I met some friends there for dinner. The food was excellent! This is one place we'll definitely come back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover...ErikDined on 3/21/2014What could easily be passed by as another local watering hole should not be missed for the food! A true pearl found in a little beach town of Wrightsville beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemChrisNC77Dined on 2/14/2014Wouldnt know it from the outside, but this was a great place. Food was excellent, menu changes frequently. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2014Ambitious and scrumptious! What a great dinner spot for an appreciative palate. Loved the fried green tomatoes over cheese grits. Perfectly seasoned and crunchy. Juicy bacon wrapped scallops. Perfect combo of sweet and savory. Striped Bass and pork chops perfectly prepared and not over cooked as is often the case. Great homemade desserts. Peanut butter pie was light and dreamy!! What a talented chef. This place is a keeper. Look no further for a cut way above the average. Don't be put off by the bar scene that appears after dinner hours. Food is amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodStxboyDined on 2/1/2014Don't miss this place the outside looks like ever other beach town building but in side you have world class food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22 Cheers for 22 North!tleeDined on 1/21/2014Wow what a surprise! This place apparently is a regular for the early 20-somethings as a great bar to be and be seen. However, before the bar scene begins around 10 PM (so I am told) it is a nice, unpretentious and wonderful restaurant fit for any foodie. The menu is presented on a chalkboard rather than a printed menu due to daily finds. Bread that made the wait for our food seem short. Wine by the glass selection was good and reasonable as were, I was told, the beers. Value, in our estimation, was more than fair and pleasantly easier on the wallet than we expected! We will, most definitely, be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFromDTWDined on 12/31/2013On New Year's eve, our party of 10 was looking for a place to get a good meal. With the kids back at the hotel, the 10 adults wanted a proper meal but without the crazy fanfare of New Year's Eve. The food was spectacular, impressing the foodies in the group. Unfortunately, no red vermouth for those of us interested in Manhattan's. Ambience needs some work, but it didn't matter too much because we were focused on the food. Great service, knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the beach front road.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013They don't have a menu and this is a good thing. The dishes that are on the chalk board that day are what is available local and fresh at the moment as much as they can. I had shrimp and grits, it was a top notch rendition of the classic (for the southern coastal us) dish. The wife had a panned salmon. That was outstanding also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodAlainaVIPDined on 11/18/2013The food and staff here were fantastic. I was visiting on business and turned to Open Table for a recommendation. I made my reservation based on previous reviews. When I saw the outside I wondered if I had made a good choice, and same when I went in. But from there on it was wonderful. The waiter was great, and the food fantastic. Don't be fooled by appearances, you will enjoy your meal. The bacon wrapped scallops were fantastic, spas was the grouper entree. A real pearl of a restaraunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fatty SteaktryingneweatsDined on 11/16/2013Salad served with New York Strip Steak that was not even appetizing to look at. It looked like 5 pieces of fat. Manager was very accommodating in offering another option. Meanwhile my dinner guests almost completed their dinner before mine was re served. The caramel martini was not what previous customers raved about. A glass of wine would have been a much better choice. The decor is very dated.
- Great FoodFoodiehusbandDined on 11/16/2013We had a birthday dinner for my wife. My youngest son and I had the Blackened Red Drum that was cooked to perfection. It was delicious. My wife had the shrimp and grits which she has tasted in various restaurants over the last 4 years here in NC. It was the best she has tasted.Special Features:
- Just okayfoodlvrDined on 11/2/2013Apps were great, meal was mediocre. It is really a bar with some tables up front. Waitress was not particularly familiar with the menu board which is a disadvantage when there is no description.
- At Last!LizzyDined on 11/1/201322 North sits quietly amid one of the most historic buildings of Wrightsville Beach. The rustic cottage exterior and be achy dining room and bar speak to simpler summer days, but the food and service are wonderful. The menu changes daily as everything served is based on freshness, including seafood, sandwiches, and steak, so that even though the selections might be a bit limited, there is something for everyone. Casual atmosphere, including a pool table in the back by the bar. Prices were reasonable. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food! We go thereBeach912Dined on 10/18/2013Always great food! We go there as often as we can and are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Good food, long waitGoodandhungryDined on 10/12/2013We made our reservation 90 minutes before arrival. The table was not available for 45 minutes after we got there. We were treated to our drinks while waiting and were able to watch football at the bar. Once seated, our waitress took our orders and when delivering the entrees,realized she forgot to put in one of our dinner orders. Five of us ate while the sixth was suggested to order something that wouldn't take long to prepare! Food was good, but in the off season, we thought service would be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet dinnerVeewDined on 10/11/2013Food was delicious. Service was eager to please , but not very polished. Ambience is just ok. Go for the food and it will not disappoint you . Quiet on a Friday night in October .perfect noise level for conv ersation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had potentialfoodieVIPDined on 9/29/2013but food took forever, staff was nice but not focused, and we almost missed out flight because the food took forever even though we warned them and asked them to please have us in and out in 70 minutes.....not worth it.
- disappointing servicejan2wbVIPDined on 9/27/2013Food was good but service was very slow and our waitress wasn't very professional. Not our first visit but, I must admit, this one was a little disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsGlassHalfFullVIPDined on 9/17/2013After reading rave reviews, we had high hopes for a lovely meal in a nice setting. The atmosphere was more like a sports bar with reality tv playing on big screens everywhere. We were there on a week night after the high season, but were surprised at how empty it was. Although our meals were good, they did not meet the level of raves reviews we read. My swordfish tasted cottony (frozen?) and my martini was weak and bland. The menu (not printed, written on a chalk board brought to your table) was limited and our server had to check anote in her pocket when we asked questions, orwent to the kitchen to ask. Maybe we just hit them on an "off" night, but we will not be going back.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Definitely very casual atmosphere. Air conditioning wasn't working well. The menu was rather limited, but my seared scallops on a bed of corn relish was very good. My wife's swordfish was also very good. We will eat there again if we are in the area, but we would not make a special trip.Special Features:
- Tasty!LovesFoodDined on 9/1/2013And chef came out to talk to me about my food allergies and made something just for me I could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this guy can cookout4eatsDined on 9/1/201322 North's ambiance is old-timey down-home Wrightsville Beach casual, but wow this guy can cook. It's a place I come back to regularly, especially when we locals get the beach back from summer visitors. Though there is no set menu (day's dishes are chalked on a blackboard), I can always be sure that what's on there is what is among the best local seasonal land and sea ingredients. Southern tradition reigns but is treated to a good dose of creativity. If I've worked up an appetite walking the beach, there are hearty main dishes, often favoring fish, and there's always something interesting in the bread basket. Or if I am in the mood to eat lightly I happily graze on a couple of innovative appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Not stellar, but really good. Seafood dishes very fresh and well-cooked. Very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJsangelgirl33Dined on 8/30/2013The food is amazing. I would go everyday if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't believe the websiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2013I seriously thought I had walked into the wrong place b/c the website sample menu and photo gallery bear NO resemblance the dive we unhappily visited Saturday night. The place was dead. We were seated in a dank, mildewy booth surrounded by TV's blaring with "sportscenter". The menu had nothing that wasn't blackened, fried or previously frozen. We stayed for dinner but my wife was miffed with me the entire night b/c I picked 22 North over Catch. The manager came out to talk b/c it was clear we were unhappy with the ambiance, food and service, but she offered to recompense. Pretty sad altogether.
- AMAZING--You won't be disappointedFoodisgoodDined on 8/23/2013My husband and I tried 22 North not knowing much about it. So glad we did!! The menu changes daily based on what they freshly receive locally...and it is def fresh! The portions are large, the meal was delicious and our server had a great personality (as well as being very knowledgable about each dish on the menu). Do not leave without trying the peanut butter pie. It is the best I have ever tasted--by far. In fact, we returned to 22 North the following evening just for another taste! If you pass up this restaurant you are truly missing out! This is on our "must visit" list whenever we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was a pleasantmoovieloverVIPDined on 8/20/2013This restaurant was a pleasant surprise find for us. We had never visited Wrightsville Beach before and found the restaurant thru OpenTable. The entrees were very good - we loved the salads too. Service was excellent. We would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeAndyGDined on 8/18/2013Ate here with family who was visiting. Everyone was very impressed with their food. The menu always changes depending on what kind of fish or game they are able to get in for the day. I particularly enjoy this because they get all their stuff from local fisherman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseBecksDined on 8/12/2013Great food and wonderful presentation. Love the blackboard menu. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.