Basho Japanese Brasserie
1338 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Basho Japanese Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bashosushi.com/
- Phone: 6172621338
- Hours of Operation:
Basho temporary new business hours:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:30PM-11:30PM
Dinner : Friday-Saturday 4:30PM-12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offering catering for private and corporate Events. Please call the restaurant for further information and details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining options from 10-50 guests.
18% gratuity is included for parties of six or more people.
- Private Party Contact: Carina Wong 6172621338
A word from Basho Japanese Brasserie
Basho is a Japanese word that is roughly translated as "location" or "a space where activities occur". It could be a family gathering, socializing with friends, or a business event; moreover, it could be the setting for an unforgettable experience. We call this setting "Basho". Basho is a contemporary Izakaya brasserie. Here, dishes are prepared in three separate areas: the principal kitchen, the sushi bar, and the robata grill. Rather than offering individual starters and main courses, Basho serves dishes that are designed for sharing and are brought to the table steadily and continuously throughout the meal. Your server will be happy to assist you in choosing a menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basho Japanese Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)romantic (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- After paying downtown BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2010After paying downtown Boston valet rates when there was no Red sox game we thought we'd be in for a special treat. We'd been looking forward to some good Japanese food and was impressed with the ambiance when we first walked in. Our server was helpful, but the food was particularly underwhelming. It's hard to go wrong with sushi and maki rolls, but Basho's was fairly tasteless; certainly nothing special. My wife also got some soba noodles that needed a lot more flavor to eat. When she told the server that she didn't like them, he feigned disappointment, but offered nothing in return. Not even soy?@! Sorry Basho, with some other really good Japanese restaurants nearby it will be a while until we return.
- The food was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/22/2010The food was fantastic and the service attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Basho was a fabulous sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2010Basho was a fabulous sushi experience! A great find! Loved the Boston themed rolls! Found their sushi and all ingredients are so fresh! Great find if you're looking for some unique rolls! Right near Fenway if you're looking for a pre/post game dinner. Tables are a little too close together for my liking. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2010The food was delicious and tastefully presented. We will make your restaurant one of our favorites. One objection: The music was repetitive, too loud. We would have preferred Asian style music, conducive to gentle, slow eating.Special Features: