The Green Room
116 N. Main St
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Green Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenroomupstate.com/
- Phone: 8643358222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Long
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate any size of party that you might need, and come up with individual menus for you and your guest. We offer this both on site and offside whether it be at an event location or your home.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a small intimate location that can be rented out for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Fletcher 8643358222
- Entertainment: We have three large tv's above the bar and music playing throughout! Also the artwork on the walls is like eating in a gallery!
- Cross Street: Between Coffee and E. North
- Public Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet Parking Wednesday through Saturday from 6pm. There are several parking garages within 5 minutes walk as well as ample street parking available.
A word from The Green Room
The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Green Room - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
The Green Room reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (27)special occasion (26)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First visitNanaDined on 6/1/2014It took a considerable time to get our food after ordering it but this gave 2 friends time to visit and get caught up with what we have been missing in each other's lives. The food was very tasty, served very attractively, and was hot on arrival. It was a good value for the cost. I will definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014I enjoy the Green Room every time I go. Anything on their menu is delicious...esp their seafood dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMicheleVIPDined on 5/25/2014Not the best brunch menu. French dip roll was to "bready". Roast beef was nothing special. My wife had eggs which were fine. Overall the menu needed abit more fluff for brunch. Great wait staff.Special Features:
- The following 471 reviews are from the The Green Room reviews archive.
- unsatisfiedTastyTDined on 5/23/2014Today I was celebrating my friends birthday with the kids.Temp hot,sides bland and service ok. Was disappointed overall.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Fantastic food, very good service. Cocktails were made very well and big fan of the menu. We had the pork chop and meatloaf and I would order both again. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- You're gonna love it!whirligigDined on 5/18/2014Great place to have dinner with friends, easy to have a conversation and enjoy the meal. Great selection of food and beverage. The sweet potato fires are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theaterTryNewFoodDined on 5/17/2014Food was very good. Service not as mch. A bit slow and uh attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceGvilleDined on 5/13/2014Had 8 people with me. It took an hour after appetizers to get our entres. Nobody at restaraunt cared and when I wrote to them I received a form letter response. So, their service is slow and they don't care. Never going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's DayRobinDined on 5/10/2014I took my Mom and Sister there to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday evening. We were unanimous that we'd all come back. The service was excellent. Their Parmesan truffle fries were worth the trip, but do not miss the desserts. We shared an outstanding pistachio cheesecake and three berry cobbler. They were outstanding. Portions are very large so you will leave full! And because the atmosphere is so nice, you will stay for a while.Special Features:
- Great menu/ friendly staffJMcWVIPDined on 5/9/2014The Green Room is a vibrant welcoming place! Such nice people and personalized service. Menu has nice varied selections and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had funDatingAgainDined on 5/9/2014The food was great, the location convenient, the service was very good. I had asked for a window booth when I made the reservation a day in advance, but that didn't happen. Oh well, can't have it all. The fried sweet potatoes are the best! The pan-seared rib-eye is quite good. The corn-crusted trout not so. The place got a bit noisy when a group was seated across from us but I expect that in any popular restaurant these days. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointingLeaveitDined on 5/2/2014Food was terrible. I have never had worse, dryer grits anywhere else in the south. Veggies were just so so...what we make at home on a regular night for ourselves for veggies is just as good if not better. Meatloaf pretty good, but peas that came with it tasted like out of the can. Waitress was terrible. Slow service, couldn't describe the special or give input on what different dishes were like. We were also running late and tried to call to let them know to push back reservations an no one would pick up the phone. Called 5 times. We had heard go things about Green Room so we were extremely disappointed. I would have rather just eaten at home.
- Great Food Poor Servicediningwith2kidsDined on 4/27/2014We've been to the green Room several times. The food is always delicious but the service is usually just so so. This experience the service was very poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodKMarstonVIPDined on 4/17/2014E went at 11:30 on a Thursday and service was extremely slow despite only having three tables with guests. Food always takes painfully Long to receive. Meatloaf is awesome. Steak salad amazing. Truffle fries are great. Kids menu is not advertised but they have one with good selections. I would go back but order quickly since the food takes forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicehoxnerDined on 4/12/2014Would highly recommend The Green Room, as it was highly recommended to me by several different people. There were so many things on the menu we wanted to try, we will definitely be back - and want to try the brunch as well. Truffle fries were to die for. Service was awesome, we told the waitress we were going to see a show at the Peace Center and she made sure we were finished in plenty of time to get there on time. Recommend getting a reservation if possible, it's a small restaurant and fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love The Green RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014We have eaten at the Green Room several times because we love the food! Being in the middle of a very busy downtown area, their valet parking service is a big bonus for them. One small complaint I had last Saturday night was that the fish special I ordered was a bit overcooked. I told our server, who offered to have the chef cook another piece. I really didn't want to wait, so they comped a glass of wine instead. Their tuna tacos and truffle fries are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningKevinDined on 4/10/2014I will be back! We had a great experience. It would've been perfect had it not been for delay in getting the wine we ordered and the slightly overcooked salmon, although tasty. The variety of butters and flavored oil with the flavorful rolls was very fun but would've been better if the butters were not seemingly frozen, which made it brittle and difficult to spread. The calamari was surprisingly the most memorable food; the sweet and spicy sauce was fantastic with the tender calamari. The seasoned vegetables were flavorful yet crispy and not overcooked. The steak was perfectly cooked. Overall, the experience was very memorable! We look forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Decent food, friendly service, but wait time for food was way too long given the time 8:30 PM on a Saturday night and it wasn't that crowded. Nice on the inside, but wasn't worth it to me given all the other options in the area.
- So-SoRoneyVIPDined on 4/5/2014I had crab cakes and there was way too much bread filler and no large chunks of crab for the price. My husband had a strip steak and he has had much better at all the chain steak houses. For the prices they charge the fool should be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerMarkVVIPDined on 4/4/2014We have dinner at the Green Room regularly and once again the food and service were excellent. The Chesapeake Crab cakes were outstanding!! I can always count on consistently great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green Room NOT GreatFourthmljDined on 4/3/2014We ate outside. Our waitress was lovely, but the restaurant was not equipped to handle a busy lunch crowd. It took 15 minutes to get our drinks and over an hour for our lunch. The food was marginal and tasteless. There are to many other options in Greenville. I would not recommend this restaurant,
- Food issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The food is normally VERY good. We had an issue with the porkchop. Part of it was cooked perfectly the other part was rare. We showed the server the very rare part and she went back to the kitchen. She came back, told us the chef said that rare pork is now acceptable ( no more trichnosis). That's fine, however if that is the case and they are now cooking pork Rare, the server should ask at what temp do you want your pork cooked. Clearly the chop wasn't cooked all the way through, and the chef was making excuses for it. If you have a steak it isn't half done and half undone. We were very suprised that neither the chef nor the manager came out to comment as they should have.Special Features:
- Menu is DeceivingLouisDined on 3/28/2014We came to the Green Room for our anniversary based on many great recommendations. After we read the menu, we were looking forward to the experience. As other reviewers stated, we were surprised that it was also a "bar" (which made the restaurant quite loud) We started with the fried green tomatoes which seemed like a good idea. However, after receiving the appetizer, I was disappointed. The tomatoes were so thin and so heavily fried you could not taste anything but the fried batter. Our entrees were no better. My stuff porkchop was dry and bland, and my girlfriends dusted trout was burnt and crispy. Overall, the food was not deserving of the price. If you want this style of food, go to Soby's or Stella's.
- Great timeStormDined on 3/27/2014Very nice cozy place with lots of charm. Great food. We had the meatloaf and samon. Little expense for a Thursday night out but worth it. A great place to meet a few friends out at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingSatisfiedVIPDined on 3/24/2014Great dinning experience. Excellent menu choices. Love the scallops and salads. Lively and due to design a little loud. Bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesTimothy4VIPDined on 3/18/2014First off, I wasn't aware that this place was essentially a bar, albeit a fairly nice one, when I made my reservation. Fine, but not what I was looking for that night. The wine list is typical middle America (read: not good for anyone who is into wine, like me). Not a judgement against the place, it's just obvious they don't care much about the list. The mussels were small (the order was big, the actual meat of each shriveled and small), and there was hardly any broth, the toast weren't toasted, it seemed. But, the flavors were good. The scallops were UNBELIEVABLE; huge, perfectly cooked, plump and delicious. The risotto with the scallops was great, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.BdaybashDined on 3/14/2014Was our pick from 90 + restaurants. Not a good choice. Two bites, paid and Departed. This was supposed to be a 65th birthday lunch for my wife. This turned out to be less than expected food and experience.
- Very goodBHarrisonDined on 3/1/2014We enjoyed the Green Room very much - it was my mother's first time there and her meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food, below average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2014This place was recommended by friends. Sadly, we were disappointed. When the waitress finally arrived(after 10 minutes of sitting), she was flat and not very friendly. When I asked a question about one of the entrees, she provided no insight on the dish. Quite frankly, she didn't seem very positive about what I ordered. I guess I should have listened to her subtle hints (of lack of interest or excitement for what I ordered), because the swordfish I had was dry and bland. I really wanted to put salt and pepper in it. My wife's filet was pretty good, but I expected a little more in this price range. On a positive note, it was a cool place in a great location. I may go back to try the meatloaf, but there are so many other places to go eat.Special Features:
- fantasticjumpinjambalayaDined on 2/22/2014I had the shrimp and grits (upstate classic) and my wife has the black angus steak salad. We both loved it. Just a great little spot - if you can get in. Get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Ma, the meatloaf"TJ23Dined on 2/22/2014Overall a great experience - the meatloaf was tremendous, incredible flavor with a delicious sauce to top it off - paired with fresh (not overcooked!) peas and a spicy mac-n-cheese, it was a great dinner - service left a bit to be desired as i never received the beverage I ordered from the bar and our server had a number of tables (inside and outside) which left rather long gaps in availability - great atmosphere with exposed brick and local art on the walls, it was a fun place for a tourist to walk in and feel like a part of the townSpecial Features:
- Can't say enough good things!GreatexperienceDined on 2/21/2014The food was terrific, the service was superb, and to be a smaller restaurant the noise level was minimal. I would urge everyone to try the fries, the Green Room salad, and the chocolate-banns creamed brûlée. They were all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We loved the Green Room. The tuna tacos were yummy and I loved the steak salad! My husband had the stuffed pork chops which he thought were divine! Great place, fast service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnPeace71Dined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at the Green room. I normally don't say bad things about restaurants. But I feel this restaurant did not live up to what we heard or the price. First we received stuffed mushrooms that were not cooked. Evidently they forgot our appetizer because 30 minutes later the girl says it would be up in a minute. We cut one of the mushrooms and it was basically straight out of the fridge and nuked in the microwave with a little cheese and stuffing. The worst appetizer I have ever received. We sent it back immediately. Getting a drink was near impossible there also. We had to wave our waitress down to get a drink from the bar. The entrees were not as bad.Special Features:
- 1st. Time diners!LPalmaDined on 2/15/2014We were running late and called...the hostess held our table for 20 minutes and even gave us a window! It was perfect! The food was great...Tara our server was nice and service was quick! Pricing is nice too! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I reserved a table for valentines. The atmosphere was just right. Not too casual but not too posh. The food, drinks, and service were outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ups and downscasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014I picked this restaurant for Valentine's day based off a menu comparison of other downtown restaurants. The rib eye certainly didn't disappoint, but the parmesan truffle fries were lacking noticeable parmesan flavor. Tried an appetizer off the holiday menu, glad it's not regular, the risotto cheese balls were very bland, first time I've ever salted an appetizer. Wife loved the berry cobbler, I was very underwhelmed by the chocolate creme Brulee. Also seating was very odd, tables on the long bench seat positioned so i was constantly shifting to let servers the corner or getting bumped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but too noisytextilejimDined on 2/13/2014Did not know that it was a pub/bar.Food was excellent.Service was also excellent.Way too noisy.Because of noise level,we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Our group of 8 all loved theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014Our group of 8 all loved their entrees but the meatloaf and the scallops were the crowd favorites.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2014My husband and I wanted to try something different in Greenville, and this just looked perfect after checking their menu out on-line. We made our reservation through open table, and were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the wine was great and the atmosphere just what we were looking for.Special Features: