1443 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commissarydc.com/
- Phone: 2022990018
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 4pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 5pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ben Tenner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Andy Phan for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Phan 2026179869
- Special Events: Contact Andy Phan, Events Coordinator, email@example.com
- Cross Street: Between 14th & 15th
- Public Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th.
From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th.
From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: 15th & Massachusetts, southwest corner: Monday to Friday, 6 am – 12 am. Closed weekends. $12; 1 Thomas Circle (on M Street): Monday to Friday, 7 am – 8 pm. Closed weekends. $13; Holiday Inn on Thomas Circle: 24 hours, 7 days. $13; Colonial Parking: P St. btwn 14th & 15th next to Lululemon. Washington Plaza – 14th and M Streets
A word from Commissary DC
Commissary is a very casual cafe, lounge, liquor, beer and wine bar as well as a coffeehouse and smoothie bar. We serve breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks and a huge selection of desserts. We have a lounge area, outside cafe, strong take-out presence and free wi-fi. We offer a diverse, simple and inexpensive menu; from breakfast all day to Sandwiches, Salads and Pizza all day and night and a dinner selection that kicks in at 5 PM. Wheelchair and Handicap accessible. We accommodate most common food allergies. Happy Hour is available every day from 4-7 PM at the bar and lounge and weekdays on the patio from 4-6 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Commissary DC reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (32)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)late-night find (7)special occasion (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The owners of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2010The owners of this restaurant group have neglected it far too long. It will be closed within a year, as they have a staff that does not care. Early morning is definitely not their thing. They lack organization, are totally without management, and the food is not fit for human consumption.
- Reliably cosy and always atjsimVIPDined on 10/26/2010Reliably cosy and always a good value! Neighborhood favorite.Special Features:
- Relatively inexpensive, tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2010Relatively inexpensive, tasty food with plenty of vegetarian options and decent beer. What more could you want? One of my favorites.Special Features:
- Food and ambiance is similarOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/15/2010Food and ambiance is similar to The Heights--down-home, comfort food, which was very good. I had pasta bolognese with a caesar salad and my companion had the turkey meatloaf. The poptato pancake appetizer was also tasty. Drinks might have been a bit more generous for the price. Other than that--no complaints.
- The food was good and theDawnDined on 10/10/2010The food was good and the menu was interesting. I've never seen brussel sprouts more than once on a menu before. Good selection of beer and wine. Nice hot spot to hang out. Open welcoming atmosphere. Only downside was that the service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Very chill, low key placeAlyssaVIPDined on 10/3/2010Very chill, low key place with standard fare...saw a big bug on the wall though the last time I was there so havent been back.
- Went to the Commissary beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2010Went to the Commissary before theater at Studio. Menu was not fancy (salads, burgers, sandwiches, fish), but was very good. Enjoyed the lentil soup (not overly salted) and fried brussel sprouts (very tasty). Salads were large and filling. Vegiburger was superior to others I've had. Didn't have the pizza, but it looked very good at the next table. Service was good. Looks like a nice neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Went here for dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2010Went here for dinner with a friend and had a great time! We tried out a variety of the cocktails, which were delicious (if a bit expensive - $8 each). Definitely order the fries! Our server was friendly and got us our food very quickly. The atmosphere was kind of romantic - it's pretty dark. Only odd thing was that they sat my friend and me in a romantic corner...Special Features:
- Very nice menu - will returnLikesToEastDined on 9/15/2010Very nice menu - will return to try something else.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing inSarahDined on 9/12/2010Food was disappointing in quality. The "grilled" tofu was practically raw. When we ran out of pita for our hummus platter and asked for more, we were charged $1.50 without warning. Service was poor.
- This is an okay place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2010This is an okay place to eat if you're in the neighborhood. But, nothing too spectacular.
- Our pre-theatre dinner (anOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2010Our pre-theatre dinner (an assortment of appetizers) was good -- except for dessert, which was EXCELLENT. Our server was terrific: We told her we were sort of pressed for time, and she did a great job of getting our drinks and food out to us quickly and cheerfully.Special Features:
- Was visiting DC with family(noOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2010Was visiting DC with family(no kids) and was pleasantly surprised here.Vibe was laidback and it had a couple of interesting 'ambiences' going on - there was the extensive long bar with seats n obligatory tv (a minus in my book, tv that is), a loungey area in the middle with comfy chairs and a younger cocktail crowd and the rest, chairs n tables for diners. Interior was cosy, somewhat eclectic n comfortable. I liked their manifesto of striving to be green, sourcing local, sustainable produce etc.. Service v friendly, quick. Mmenu is great, wide selection - huge plus as we had a vegan teenager with us. We all found something we liked. Food came relatively quickly and didn't disappoint. Lives up to reviews n is good value. Worth the visit.Special Features:
- We went on the earlier side.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2010We went on the earlier side. Great service and easy menu for a family of four.Special Features:
- A neighborhood favorite.tjsimVIPDined on 5/23/2010A neighborhood favorite. Always warm and inviting. Always a good value. Always a smile.Special Features:
- Been awhile... forgot to reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/2010Been awhile... forgot to review when it was still fresh in my mind but we have never been disappointed by either the food or the service when dining here.Special Features:
- Food is really your bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2010Food is really your bistro type of stuff, which is what we wanted after enjoying the drink specials next door at Mova, formerly known as Halo. Our party of 7 had the blackened chicken sandwich, some fish and chips, a couple of pizzas (which got rave reviews). The fish was moist and juicy. Great fries, seemingly freshly cut -- slightly larger than shoestring fries (or smaller than McD's) -- certainly very tasty and recommended. They have a large specialty drink menu. I got one that was a variation of a margarita -- unfortunately, it was much too powerful, perhaps it was too much lime or margarita mix. Not sure, but not recommended. Friendly staff, table ready as reserved. I like the place -- good value, especially in that neighborhood.Special Features:
- The hostess was very rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2010The hostess was very rude. I had 6:45p reservations and I specified I needed a table outside. Well the hostess told me when I arrived that outside seating is first come first serve- and made us wait 25 minutes until a table opened up. The waiter was very nice and the food was fairly good; but I think it is better as a drinks and appetizers kind of place.Special Features: