Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
363 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ceresbistro.com/
- Phone: 5087542000x183
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Nemeroff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private dining at Ceres Bistro from our Executive Board Room with Private Lounge to our Club Room with Private Outdoor Patio Space and Outdoor Bar to our Wine Room with views of our extensive wine collection.
- Private Party Contact: Beechwood Hotel Sales Office 5084531112x
A word from Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
Ceres Bistro is Worcester's hot spot for new American cuisine, happy hour, and late night. Our sleek uplit pearly white bar is ideal for quenching your thirst after work with one of our many signature cocktails or noshing on our $5 apps like BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza or Mac & Cheese (happy hour runs from 4-7pm, and then again from 10pm until close). Our master chef serves up delicious specialties such as a Porterhouse Veal Chop drizzled in truffle oil, Dijon & Rye Crusted Organic Raised Salmon, and bistro classics like Steak Frittes. No need to wait for a special occasion to come by the Bistro. With mouthwatering options like the Turkey & Applewood Bacon Sandwich for just $9, you can get yourself a four star meal at an affordable price. Voted Worcester's best outdoor dining, our heated patio features new modern furniture, a pavilion for live entertainment, and even a small putting green. Stop by and tell us that you heard about us through Open Table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (36)romantic (34)good for groups (26)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (19)scenic view (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- continues to slipOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/12/2013this is a gorgeous room, but the food continues to slip - we were a group of ten for a holiday lunch the week before christmas, adn there was a table of twelve doing the same thing - and one waitress. the food was ordinary at best - the steak frites livery and the frites limp. the salads sort of sad. wish the food here would live up to the promise of the menu and the descriptions, but the last two or three times, it's been similar - not very well prepared, slow service and no pleasant surprises at all.
- Great restaurant!DeeDeeDined on 12/7/2013It was most of my peers and I's first time dining at the restaurant--everything was great!! We loved it and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantShepherdDined on 12/6/2013We visited on a Friday night before a concert. We were seated promptly and our waitress, Kathy, greeted us shortly after. The food was wonderful and our table was very comfortable and in a quiet corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything thmbs up, butonitalDined on 12/2/2013great time ,great place, the only thing was my wife's steak was not done the way she wanted, medium well, came out almost rare, my steak was done perfect..... other than that food was excellent ... Maybe next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealRichDined on 11/26/2013Menue was spare but well thought out and offered an excellant selection of items to choose from. Everything was beautifully presented and well prepared. A must try place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbWidowDined on 11/26/2013One of my favorite dining spots. Everything is perfect, from the beautifully displayed food, the attentive service, the gorgeous decor, and the really delicious food. I had the venison and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining without PretensionWustaGirlDined on 11/23/2013My friend and I celebrated her 62 birthday with a lovely dinner at Ceres on Saturday evening. The service was attentive without being cloying. We ordered four courses and they were nicely paced - we didn't feel rushed nor ignored. We both had rack of lamb and it was cooked exactly as requested. I was pleased overall and will definitely add Ceres to our list of Worcester favorites for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!JudiDined on 11/16/2013Ceres Bistro was fabulous! It was so refreshing and relaxing to have dinner on a Saturday night without having to scream to be able to talk to the others in our party. It was just lovely and the food, service excellent. Portions were large -yet the right size for the price of each entree. Price was high but fitting for this setting. Recommend very highly and look forward to going again. Highly recommend the braised short ribs. This is my favorite dish to get when I go out and it was so delicious!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot with so-so foodBCactonVIPDined on 11/14/2013Ceres Bistro is located in the Beechwood Hotel in a busy section of Worcester. Both the bar and dining area are quite lovely and eye catching. We started in the bar area for drinks and appetizers. For appetizers we ordered flatbreads, one with goat cheese and the other with prosciutto. They were just the right size for our party of four. The bar had a rich cocktail and wine list, and service was very friendly. For dinner, the filet mignon was properly cooked and tasty, but the housemade sauce was too strong/salty and should be avoided. The bison special was on the fatty side and not all that tasty. Portions were on the overly large side. Worcester offers many dining options; next time we'll try another.
- Awesome has a price but its worthyHanleyDined on 11/9/2013From the beginning to the end this place was great. Wasn't a fan of the tuna app but it was enough to enjoy the wait for dinner over some good drinks. The dinner came out and was outstanding. Rib eye steak for the fiancé and the rack of lamb for myself. Was so good I'm still thinking about it. The venue was actually aerially nice place as well. Modern feel with lots of lighting was our style and the booth was so comfortable. To leave A last note I was very impressed and then ended the night at the bar for drink before we headed home. Will return just not to soon because the price was up thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce for Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013Well lit attractive dining room. Prompt greeting at door, and quickly taken to table. Service friendly and knowledgeable. Menu is just the right size in terms of choices. Tried appetizers of calamari and mussels - both were excellently prepared. Entrees were veal chop which was very good, with whipped potatoes that were among the best we have ever had; and the game special a buffalo hanger steak - prepared medium rare - very good flavor, and very lean. We skipped dessert - but the ones we saw being brought out to other tables looked nice. Overall pace of dinner was very relaxed (we spent about 2 hours, taking time to enjoy the food and talking. Most of the time when we dine out, we are done in 1 hour).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worcester's cozy eateryAdderley3CVIPDined on 11/4/2013Here's a place with good food and drink located in a nice hotel in Worcester. Staff is good, though a little slow at times, but knowledgable and friendly. Wide selection of good choices for a picky eaters, and the wine list provides variety. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysCharlotte7753VIPDined on 10/24/2013Always reliable, dinner was flavorful and the service professional.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantgoodfoodhunterDined on 10/19/2013The Cere's was a very good experience. The food was excellent. The service was knowledgeable on the full menu. The wine list was strong. We will recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice presentation of foodKewpieDined on 10/19/2013Our favorite part of the meal was the trio of Sorbet dessert. We were presented with 3 exotic flavors of sorbet, each in a clear glass with fruit in the bottom on a plate of powdered sugar. I also enjoyed my main course of cheese ravioli with greens and scallops in a lemon sauce. The calamari appetizer was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceres is a local hidden gemBozmanDined on 10/12/2013Hard to find nice romantic restaurants with high quality food, service and ambiance. Similar price level to Sole and 111 but food was better or at least on par. Unlike 111, tables were well spaced, not too loud, bar area is sufficiently separated, and it feels classy. Great spot for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by the foodJeffVIPDined on 10/5/2013I had much higher expectations for this restaurant than what we received. The ambience was nice, the place looks great, the service was ok. However, the food really missed the mark. I had an below average caesar's salad and and average hamburger. Nothing special about either one. My wife had a caprese salad and a bbq rib appetizer that was swimming (quite literally) in bbq sauce. No dish should ever, ever have that much sauce. It should have been listed as a bbq soup dish. This was our second time dining here. The previous time was a couple of years ago and I was likewise let down that time but I had a feeling we hadn't received their best work so we decided to try it again. Well, never again. Two times was two times too many.
- nothing special. did not havejamieDined on 10/3/2013nothing special. did not have a drink I ordered. did not know how to make my wife drink. good was good but not worth the high price. noise level was high plus had poor seat outside kitchen and walkway.
- Total packageFoodmanDined on 9/27/2013Great service, great food, great atmosphere. The grass fed rib eye was to die for. The bouillabaisse looked amazing. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Good food, great steaksMannyODined on 9/21/2013The main reason why we dined here was because of a gift certificate we had and needed to use. The food was excellent and the front of the house was attentive, courteous and professional. They knew the menu and were able to answer any questions. Something you must try is the elder flower spritzer, it was very refreshing and delicious. The steaks we order were cooked to perfection as ordered. Medium rare for one and Medium well for the other. Both steaks were served at the same time so you know that the back or the house has their act straight. We also ordered the salmon. Nicely presented on the plate and I could only say that it must have been excellent, because there was nothing left on the plate. Ceres also has a Gluten Free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2013Limited menu but our meals were very good. Portions are average. Service was slow.Special Features:
- Delicious and laid back.Foodie4thoughtDined on 9/15/2013The waitress was knowledgable and friendly. Service was surprisingly sluggish as almost no one else was there, but the food was delicious and we weren't in a rush. The bar was empty, but very modern and attractive with many interesting drink options. Good to go as a destination or for a special occasion, probably not as part of an evening with other plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Expected It To Be BetterBellaFoodieDined on 8/31/2013The menu looked amazing however it fell very short. The seaweed salad, mashed potatoes, asparagus and raviolis were all great. However the crab cake was one of the worst I have ever had with zero flavor and the salmon was over cooked and again have little flavor. The dessert sounded amazing but ended up being boring with one flavor overwhelming all the rest. Our waitress was nice enough but did not know the menu at all. When we ordered the tuna app she asked which one when there is only one and when we ordered the chicken entree she asked which one and again only one chicken entree on the menu. She forgot to bring bread- we had to ask. And when we asked about a dessert she listed two ingredients and finished with "and other things".Special Features:
- Have drinks and appetizers outside!happywifeVIPDined on 8/27/2013It's so nice to have a place in Worcester with a nice outdoor area for dinner, drinks and appetizers. The wine list continues to improve and is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of business lunch at CeresUMMSdinerDined on 8/27/2013Six people attended our lunch meeting at Ceres Bistro. We were placed in a comfortable semi-circular booth in the corner of the restaurant. This was perfect as we wanted to be able to talk in a quiet location. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs and very available to us, without being intrusive! Food was great and service was prompt. We'll definitely book other working lunches at Ceres!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for lunch during restaurant3FriendsDined on 8/17/2013We went for lunch during restaurant week. We all had items from the special menu and were surprised at the portion size. Generous portions and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has becomeunklebkDined on 8/15/2013This restaurant has become one of our favorite place to dine. The food was fabulous and we have always had a great time here. They also have outside dining with music on certain nights. It close to the road, so you may hear some noise from the road that is close. ( The hospital is just around the corner and ambulances may be arriving during your visit).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerWidowDined on 8/15/2013Dependably excellent food. Ambiance outstanding. Service not up to par with previous visits. Soup delivered without spoon followed by a 5 minute wait for one. Dinner delivered without a steak knife and the wait was so long I started trying to cut my steak without one. I had to ask for water and it arrived almost 15 minutes later. Everyone was apologetic, but the problem persisted throughout my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is lovely,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2013The restaurant is lovely, and diners appeared to enjoy the live entertainment in the outddor dining area. Service was attentive. However, the food was, at best, acceptable--certainly not worth the price. Those with hearing difficulty will not be able to find a quiet area.
- lunch reviewPamelaDined on 8/14/2013Friend and i met for lunch, sat outside and had a lovely time and excellent meal. server was attentive but still allowed us to talk. Very pleased. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Recommend Ceres!Marlyn17Dined on 8/13/2013I went with coworkers and we had a blast. The food was amazing, the setting was great. It's unbelievable that it is in Worcester. We had a blast!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAndyVIPDined on 8/10/2013Every once in a while you go to a restaurant and have a great meal. Saturday night at Ceres Bistro was one of those times. I eat out a lot and so when a restaurant stands out it must be doing something great. We ate outside on a beautiful night, were seated promptly, and had a wonderful waitress. The food was great, tasty, and cooked to perfection. Since it was restaurant week I expected the portions to be smaller but we both still took home what we couldn't finish. My steak was seasoned perfectly and my partners Salmon was cooked just the way she likes it. I thought the highlight was the Calamari which was really superb. I sure I'll be back a lot.Special Features:
- They can't seem to get it rightMammaTDined on 8/8/2013We gave this restaurant a second chance. First time my husband got a rack of lamb, ordered medium and got rare, my meal was fine. This time we both ordered rib eye. Flavors were wonderful but again ordered medium and got rare barely able to cut with a steak knife. Didn't bother to send it back this time because 1 person ends up eating alone so we switched meat because I can eat it a more rare but I really didn't enjoy it and for rib eye it was a little tough. Overall a nice place but they need to get someone who can cook food to medium. Two strikes, don't know if we'll ever go back.Special Features:
- Ceres Bistro at the Beechwood HotelsatisfiedDined on 8/5/2013I think Ceres Bistro is the nicest restaurants in Worcester. The meals are excellent, the restaurant is not too noisy, which is a problem at most Worcester restaurants, and I like the ambience. Our last visit happened to be during Restaurant Week and the 3-course meal was delicious. There were 3 of us dining and we chose the 3 dinners offered and all of us were very happy with our choices. The regular menu is a little pricier than most Worcester restaurants but well worth it for the food, ambience and low noise level. I hate noisy restaurants. Also the bar is very attractive with the lighted surface.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryJeffDined on 7/28/2013We visited the Ceres Bistro for the sunday brunch as a special event for our 40th anniversary. It was delightful and enjoyable. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/21/2013Ceres has a lovely outdoor dining "room" and you fee like you are on vacation when dining there. The food is thoughtful and delicious, the service professional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves food and the bonus is the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at ceres bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013Nice and relaxing alot to choose from they have a crepe station and carving station lunch and dinner and breakfast choices and includes I drink too mimosa Bloody Mary or champaneSpecial Features:
- Best place in WorcesterdhiittDined on 7/20/2013My fiance and I go out all the time and One Eleven used to be my favorite. But after visiting Ceres a few times, this place is my new favorite place. The food is amazing and the menu changes, so it's like going to a new restaurant, but you know it's going to be amazing. Awesome Wine list, great service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to like it more.SammyDined on 7/19/2013In a nutshell, great service, great drinks, nice ambiance, mediocre food. My steak was great but not great enough to justify the price, the wife's Lobster risotto was awful. Awful. In the end it's all about the food.Special Features:
- Nice relaxed atmosphere, loveGailCDined on 7/13/2013Nice relaxed atmosphere, love their filtered water and sparkling water. One steak wasn't so wonderful so they graciously brought a second. It was a bit underdone for the diner but generally good tasting. Appetizers are unique and fresh and the bread is hot and crusty. Very friendly and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.