Capri Seaside Italian Grille
3 Central Ave
Salisbury, MA 01952Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Seaside Italian Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capriseaside.com/
- Phone: 978-462-7543x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
Bar: Open later for cocktails and conversation!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Harley Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're planning a rehearsal dinner, holiday get-together, social celebration, cocktail reception or corporate event, Capri offers an intimate gathering and dining space for a personalized and perfect celebration for up to 40 guests. Enjoy sumptuous selections from the Capri menu, complemented by fine wine and cocktails. Escape to Capri and discover the perfect location for your next event. Our functions and culinary team will seamlessly manage the finest of details to ensure your event is a success. Contact our General Manager Kathleen Shick at 978-462-7543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Shick 978-462-7543x
- Entertainment: Thursday -- Trivia Night, 7-9pm
Saturday -- Tableside serenading by accordion player Sebastian Faro
- Special Events: Bubbles, Bites & Bling! See what’s hot for spring and summer fashion and learn how to create your one-of-a-kind look at Capri’s exclusive girls night out event.
Celebrity stylist and image consultant Amy McLaughlin Lifestyles lends her tips and tricks for accessorizing your wardrobe. By the Sea Gifts will provide Amy’s fashionable finds! Enjoy wine, champagne, appetizers on the house and walk away with an event page valued at $50.
$20 per person
Cooking Classes! Watch, taste and learn with Chef Harley. Includes 4-5 courses, recipe booklet and optional wine pairing. $40-$50 per person.
Italian Family Party Pleasers Thursday, May 1 6:30pm
From panzanella salad to homemade gnocchi, a sumptuous pasta entrée, and panacotta dessert, learn how to prepare the ultimate Italian feast for a crowd.
A word from Capri Seaside Italian Grille
Experience the authentic flavors of Italy at Capri Seaside Italian Grille on Salisbury Beach. Classic Italian favorites such as chicken and veal entrees, tasty pasta dishes, fresh seafood and crispy handmade pizza delight the palate. Dine by one of three cozy fireplaces, under a trellis or at the bar. Don’t miss $9.99 Pasta Night every Wednesday, $5 appetizers on Thursdays, tableside serenading by Sebastian on Saturday evening’s and Capri’s Sunday Family Buffet--only $11.95 for adults and kids 5 and under eat free! Capri is family-friendly with yummy choices kids love! Fresh. Local. Authentic. See what’s cooking at our Italian kitchen by the sea. Capri Seaside Italian Grille is owned by Atlantic Hospitality Group, owners of Seaglass Restaurant, Blue Ocean Music Hall and SurfSide Restaurant and Bar, all located on the shores of Salisbury Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Seaside Italian Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (14)special occasion (14)romantic (11)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One of my favs!RADBEACHDined on 2/7/2014I have not had a bad meal there yet. From the pizza, to the salmon, to the chicken piccata...I could go on. At my recent visit with a friend, I had the special (a four cheese ravioli with spinach and roasted red peppers - Excellent!). And I brought home leftovers. My friend ordered mussels, a mushroom risotto, and an order of baby spinach (delish) - all "sides." This made a great meal and she couldn't even finish the spinach. The bread they serve to snack on while you peruse the menu is also really good, and it's served with a balsamic, olive oil, and Parmesan dipping sauce. Yeah, I'll be back again! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No hurry to try again...Notgr8Dined on 2/1/2014I called to make reservation, left message that it was for 6 of us and we were going to the show next door, wanted it for 6:15pm. It said you could go to open table, so I did that as well. I received a call that they looked forward to seeing us at 6:30, great. We got there a little early, figured we'd have a drink. They showed us to our table, but it took us almost 20 mins. to get a drink. We kept waiting for our server to come back for another round and order dinner, now the wait for food, I mentioned to the waitress we had tickets to the show next door and she told me," so was everyone in the place." We had maybe 15mins to eat and get the check, the food was just ok, never had time to even think about dessert or after dinner drinks.
- Date night Find!DharmagirlDined on 1/18/2014Wonderful Experience. Treated like royalty. We were seated near the fireplace, and our waiter was superior, attentive without being annoying. He gave us time to talk before ordering, was quick with our dishes, checked on our need for refills or any extras, yet allowed us to be alone as well. By 9:30 (Saturday night) we were the only ones in the dining area, but were told to stay and enjoy as long as we wanted (bar was still open and they seated dinner guests til 10pm). Food was delicious (pasta is homemade, caprese salad was delicious and dipping oil for bread was AMAZING!!!). And after dinner you can always take a walk on the beach! Will definitely return. Will definitely recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryRumDogDined on 1/18/2014Food and service was very good. Somehow a miscommunication when one of our meals went into the kitchen resulted in that entre coming out a bit later than and when the bill came the owner had comped the later meal. A very nice gesture and sure to get us back in the future. Thank you again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014We've been twice in two weeks, had different wait staff, different meals, and drove home pleased each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Visit - never again!!MegsDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations for 4 people at 8:00 pm on New Year's.We arrived at 7:45 and at first, when we walked in it looked warm and inviting. We stood there for awhile before someone acknowledged us, and then the hostess said, "oh, you're early, but I guess I can seat you"!! The place was not busy at all with some people sitting at the bar and there were a few tables of 4.It took almost 10 minutes for the waitress to greet us, another 15 minutes to get our drinks. Also, she told my husband they only had his requested drink in the summer (Watermelon martini). Since it was New Year's, they had a set menu and you choose 1 item from each course. I ordered the chicken dish and was told after 1 hr they had run out!! We left after 1 1/2 hrs - no food.
- Good night out in the neighborhoodvickamvDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Years Eve. Early seating, the place was empty. Our waitress came over promptly to take drink order, brought drinks then was not seen again for over 1/2 hour! When asked if she was the only waitstaff there, she snapped back. "No, we're busy!" Hmm... The prixe fixe meal had good choices, except one in our party wanted beef. No substitutions, even though I was sure they had said on their website their menu was also available. Finally got order taken, Caesar salad was good, the soup, not so much. Oysters were good, though gritty, Veal Oscar was cold. No point bothering the waitress. Finished with a very hard canoli and good cup of coffee. Not the first time I'd been there, won't be the last, but I won't go out of my way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was less then stellerUnhappyDined on 12/28/2013Well I had reservations for 6 people for 7pm. Ended up having to add 2 to that number. No problems there. We arrived at 6:35pm on the dot. Got seated right away. The waitress then took our drink order. That is when we explained how we were going to be splitting up the checks. Didn't order apps. Got our drinks, then waited, and waited, and waited! We were attending a show at The Blue Ocean Music Hall that night at 8. We finally got our food at 7:40!!!! Which left us NO time to eat and enjoy our meal. We were also eating with one of the performers. He had to leave before he could even eat!!!! Waitress brought our checks and they were all wrong. Overall not sure if me or anyone in our party will ever go back.
- Wednesday Pasta FestRuthDined on 12/18/2013$9.99 specials were wonderful. Celebrated our Grandson's 11th birthday. He enjoyed the salad bar - went back for seconds and inhaled his shrimp linguine dinner - followed by his candlelight chocolate birthday cake. Waitress treated him "special" and the fireplace added to the evening. A warm, comfortable restaurant on a cold winter's night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicerobertaDined on 12/11/2013This restaurant was very nice, the food was very good. I went on the Wednesday pasta night with friends to celebrate the holidays. It was just what we were looking for a good meal, quit atmosphere and good price. It would have been a 5 star if the service was better. The service was slow and we had to ask for things many times before it was brought to us. Overall nice and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013Food was excellent but service was exceptionally slow. It was a half hour before we got any bread or placed our order. When we asked the waitress if they were understaffed, she said service at the bar was just really slow which was holding them up. We just also felt like we were putting the waitress out whenever we asked for anything. And then my friend was upset because they were all out of what she wanted. Then they were all out of the second menu item that she wanted.Special Features:
- ComfortableSecretDined on 11/27/2013The multiple gas fireplaces make for a cozy atmosphere. Nicely decorated. Our waitress was very sweet and friendly, but seemed rather inexperienced. Service was a bit slow. It was a weeknight. The bar was more crowded than the dining room, which seemed unbalanced. The "salad bar" for pasta night was rather skimpy. Overall the food was delicious. Very generous portions. We were with very good friends, so we had a great time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemFrancescoDined on 11/9/2013Our third time there and each time we have noted continued improvement in the quality of the food and overall experience. We would recommend this restaurant to all who are seeking a very nice atmosphere and food experience. The menu , although reduced due to oven problems had great offerings. We all ordered different entrees and we were all pleased with our choices. We booked our a reservation for the "Seven Fishes" dinner which is absolutely fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your dog indoorsMLCarter1976Dined on 10/26/2013I love that you can bring your dog into the restaurant and have dinner with your furry friend! The food is good, the staff friendly and nice, and it is a place I have been to a couple of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic setting with fireplacesDutchboyDined on 10/24/2013Romantic setting with fireplaces in every room, great wine list, $5 apps. on Wednesdays and cozy atmosphere. Nice thing to do before a concert at Blue Ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri by the sea, what a great findJmacDined on 10/18/2013We had eight in our group, everyone enjoyed their meal and that never happens! Very clean and a nice feel with the lighting and fireplaces, casual with an upscale feeling. Kathleen was great, made everyone feel good, would highly recommend to anyone, especially if going to a show at the Pavilion as the service was fast but we did not feel rushed. Great job Capri!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & reasonably pricedniteoutnokidsDined on 8/23/2013My husband and I recently dined at Capri (our second time there) and while we were late for our reservation, they quickly seated us at a nice table. I ordered the salmon while he got the veal, both came with risotto that was delicious! The eggplant rollatini appeter was very good and the bread that they served with an oil based dipping sauce was fabulous! We were thrilled to get a night out without our kids and were happy that we went to Capri. Overall bill was about $80 which included a couple of drinks, so not bad at all.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013We went to Capri to celebrate two family birthdays. We had been there before a couple of years ago and had liked it. This time we were very disappointed. The service was very slow and the waitress, while not rude, was really not friendly or engaging at all. Our orders were correct,, but it took forever for her to come back between those visits. The food was not as good as I had remembered. 2 of us had the Pasta Night special and 2 had entrees. The salad bar was disappointing with only a very few basic ingredients. All of the food was overly salty, with the risotto almost inedible. We really wanted to enjoy and like Capri, but sadly this experience has helped us make the decision not to go back again.
- Great timebeachyDined on 8/16/2013What a great place. So glad we found it. Great wine list, menu was good, service was AMAZING. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed ourLBBBDined on 7/27/2013We have always enjoyed our meals at Capri. Everything is good but I especially recommend the Melanzane. And the dipping sauce is AWSOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time's the charm...JannieDined on 7/19/2013It was our first visit to Capri even though we've been to the sister restaurant, Seaglass several times. The whole experience was very good. On a hot, sultry night, the Santorini Sunset martini was a cool, deliciously refreshing treat. The bread and dipping oil is outstanding. The haddock picatta was light and yummy...although a bit heavy on the capers for my taste. Hubby enjoyed the lobster ravioli. Thanks to our waitress, Brianna for storing our leftovers for us while we attended the show at Blue Ocean. Those leftovers never would have survived in the heat of the car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hostess forgot the rest ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013hostess forgot the rest of my party and sat them at a different table after we had been waiting for themfor 30 minutes then argued with me about what name they had used,sayin ghtye didn't know my name.THEY are my sisters. and then she was just rude about their bill for drinksand so on and so on .Too bad because it was pretty good.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. Food wasGinnyVIPDined on 6/26/2013Very disappointing. Food was average but the service was horrible. Not enough help for the number of tables. The busboy was not trained. Never got our water refilled although we asked several times. Service was very slow. We would not return.
- Great foodMetrowestDined on 6/22/2013We dine at Capri often but Saturday nights dinner was great. The Veal Saltimboca was spectacular as was my wifes haddock entree.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theKammem820Dined on 6/22/2013The food was excellent, the server was efficient. We had a great timeSpecial Features:
- We waited for a very longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2013We waited for a very long time for our food. We were all very happy with the taste, quality and amount of food for the prices. I would go back but I would leave myself more time, we were there for about two hours from start to finish.Special Features:
- Great place with fine foodValentineBoyDined on 5/24/2013Nice place with quiet ambience, interesting menu items, and helpful waitstaff. Have visited several time and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first, and probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013It was our first, and probably our last visit to the Capri SeaSide grille. It was fine--not great, not terrible. My husband had the special, which was stuffed peppers and he loved them. I had veal marsala- the veal was cooked nicely, but it was on a bed of risotto, and the gravy was so watery that it was very soupy. It was incredibly salty as well. The service was outstanding...the hostess very gracious and friendly and the server was attentive and prompt. Overall, it wasn't a terrible experience, but I was a bit disappointed. Oh well!
- Wait staff struggled to keepOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013Wait staff struggled to keep up with the customer volume but food compensated. I'll go back...everyone has a bad night.Special Features:
- Food was very good, it appearedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Food was very good, it appeared staffing was light and it showed. with a show happening the evening off the place was very busy and understaffed.
- We returned the red pepperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We returned the red pepper & artichoke soup - it was very salty! Otherwise the rest of the food was very good. Our waitress was excellent. I;m so sorry i forgot her name. Sat night at 6:30 pm
- Have been a number of times,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Have been a number of times, and will keep going back. Very good food, decent price, good service - all in all, a good dinner out.
- being new in town, we startedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013being new in town, we started our exploring and was recommended Capri by a new friend. The 1st time we went was for my birthday a few years ago and Fruti De Mari was on the specials and I wish it was a regular menu item, it was SO GOOD. I recommend to anyone! The Tiramisu is also heavenly!Special Features:
- Bad night I hope Been thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/9/2013Bad night I hope Been there before and this time was awful
- Great little place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013A pleasant surprise. Much better food and service than the last time I was there.....which was a couple of years ago. I loved the Pasta Night. The food was fresh and good. I would definitely go back. The restaurant wasn't busy (the weather was not good out) we had 7 people in our party. It was like we had the restaurant to ourselves. The server was wonderful. She explained the menu and was very nice. I loved the accordian player too! Nice evening.Special Features:
- great place for dinner onOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2013great place for dinner on the beach! Prices are just as good as the foodSpecial Features:
- Our server, Emily, took greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Our server, Emily, took great care of us. She was very attentive. The food was excellent. We loved the stuffed mushrooms! We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a great time, earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013We had a great time, early Valentines dinner. Sat right next to the fireplace! The food was great, Veal Parm and Chicken Marsala, Olive bread with tomato spread was terrific. The place was not crowded so we got lots of attention. Also entertainment, there was a lovely man who singing and playing. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Bring your dog to eat with you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013I love that they have a section to bring your dog! So cool! The food was good and the waitress I had was a breath of fresh air. Friendly, helpful, and someone I would ask for again to get another wonderful experience!
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The food was delicious and the smaller orders were plentiful. The table by the gas fireplace was delightful on a cold night. Certainly recommend the Grille for s nice evening of dining.