80 Wagaraw Road
Hawthorne, NJ 07506Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bottagra.com/
- Phone: 9734234433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Carlo Carbonaro/Robert Vicari John Chomenko pastry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bottagra offers a full off-site and on premise. Catering menu available anytime.
- Private Party Facilities: For a Private dining experience, Bottagra Restaurant offers three separate and very distinct rooms. Perfectly suited for corporate events, intimate weddings, or even just a casual dinner with friends our facilities can cater to all you needs. Our Private Dining Room, with seating for up to twenty, features french doors and separate butlers entrance. Our Lounge, with space for fifteen, has an inviting fireplace as well as flat screen television with state-of-the-art audio visual capabilities. Lastly our Wine Room is large enough to accommodate forty quests and is accented with another fireplace and also showcases Bottagra"s extensive collection of fine wines from around the world.
- Private Party Contact: David Arsenault 9734234433
- Entertainment: Bottagra Features live music every Friday night as well as special engagements throughout the year. Please check our website for date listings.
A word from Bottagra
Located in Hawthorne"s historic Degray house, Bottagra Restaurant opened its doors in early 2008. What was once used as an encampment for General Lafayette's troops during the Revolutionary War has been transformed into a modern, elegant restaurant with the feel and charm of a Tuscan villa. Chef-Owners Robert Vicari and Carlo Carbonara have fused their extensive restaurant experience together to offer a variety of dishes hailing from both the northern and southern regions of Italy. Offering a full bar and extensive wine list, as well as private rooms, Bottagra is a diners' dream for gatherings both large and small.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottagra reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (35)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- high energy atmosphere, aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014high energy atmosphere, a bit loud so know that it is not the right seting for a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Having never been there before,jadamusDined on 3/21/2014Having never been there before, and seeing the area where the building is, I wasn't sure what to make of it. The valet service was nice, and everything inside is dark, moody and spacious - like a cave where food makes up for how much brown there is. The food IS the reason you're there. With over a dozen specials on a Friday night, and a menu that just begs to be explored, it's a great romantic and slightly dressy date night. Counting appetizer, entrees, dessert and coffee, the price makes this not a regular dinner spot, but we were never rushed over the three hours we dined. This is absolutely a place to go back to.Special Features:
- Keeps you coming back for more!bulldog70VIPDined on 3/15/2014We discovered this place a few years back and can't stop coming back week after week. The food is spectacular and the staff is like family. Don't bother looking at the menu, as their specials list is just as long and, in my opinion, has the best options. Although if you like the traditional Italian dishes with a twist, then you'll find them on the menu. And at the end, get the zeppolis!! Out of control delicious! The restaurant has private rooms for parties, intimate booths for a romantic gathering, or a broad dining room where you have room to move and not feel like you are having dinner with the couples next to you. The staff is phenomenal; they are great at steering you to their best dishes if you are undecided. Enjoy this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Cowboy Steakkc1201Dined on 3/15/2014Were seated at table outside the kitchen area, asked for a change it seems the area is saved for the Maitre D to wait . Our waiter did not come to the table. The Bus boy did ask us about water the Danny/Maitre finally got us a drink menu and recited specials did an amazing job. I split a salad with my wife, came undresed. cowboy steak sounded amazing we had to order it. explained it is so big plenty for 2 it was such a large piece of meat for $70.00. The bus boy brought us appetizer plates for it. Well we could have actually used them since the steak was awful, not enough for one no less 2. Fatty. Requested the MaitreD and when my wife went off on him he walked away and did not try to rectify the problem. Avoided us as we left. Unacceptable
- Another great meal at Bottagra....JoeRockVIPDined on 3/15/201436 oz Cowboy Ribeye was off the charts! Service as always was top notch. Great job guys!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect night out!MarmosergirlDined on 3/15/2014We had an excellent dinner experience! Service was excellent. Food was superb! I've told all my friends and certainly plan on going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingStacysimmsDined on 3/14/2014Fun night with great food great service will be back very soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestFinediningDined on 3/7/2014Better then capital grill, food was hands down the best I've ever had in 40 years on this ball of dirt. Took my wife out for a new beginning, and didn't even get drinks but the prices are reasonable for the class of people there. Valet parking, easy to find and they make you feel like you are the only people there. Staff was top notch. It was a little noisy but as groups left it was much more relaxing. Wasn't annoying loud in there as you can hold a low conversation. Plenty of room around the tables. Little over 100 for two specials. Swordfish was mouth watering, even the salad was amazing, fresh and great texture. The dressing was perfect compliment to the apple slices and chick peas and lettuce greens.Just in awe how well the food tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Dinner againpaullagsDined on 2/28/2014Very good. I'll be back in a month or so. I enjoyed the wines by glass and the meal was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nightkc1201Dined on 2/22/2014Reservation was for 7:45 and we were seated at that exact time. We were not asked to go to the bar just so they could make some extra money like most restaurants do. We had 4 courses and all were amazing. Our waiter and rest of the staff was extremely knowledgeable and polite and not overbearing. Only thing out of a special Appetizer by 8:00. Not a place for kids, this is an adult only.Special Features:
- greatsireatalotDined on 2/22/2014we went for valentines day and the food was great.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseGourmet007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Outstanding food. Service a little slow. I would recommend and come back again.Special Features:
- Terrific on all countsBillfromParamusDined on 2/18/2014Food was splendid ... waiter made a great drink recommendation for my wife who was looking for something different but sweet.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceCasualDinerDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner at this restaurant. Went with my girlfriend and was taken care of nicely by the very friendly staff. Enjoyed a cocktail before we were seated at the bar. The waiters were very friendly and made sure we had a good time. Food was great and my girlfriend enjoyed the gluten free pasta options. I tried her pasta and could not even tell it was gluten free. Overall between the food and service, I had a great dinner and would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family and friendsAnthonyDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good. Fried calamari was cooked to perfection, crisp not chewy. Sauce was delish. Short Rib dish with risotto was excellent with very tender and good sauce. A touch too salty with the risotto. Waitstaff was attentive and extremely helpful. Only downside for me was the dining room is very loud and a bit crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the meal very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed the meal very much I had the short rib special and my husband had the seafood special with linguini. Both dishes were excellent . Service was very good. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions on what to order especially the fig cocktail which was excellent.. The noise level unfortunately is very high which made it difficult to talk without yelling, so I think if I return to Bottagra it will be on a week night instead of a busy Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BottagraCarlyMDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed a nice drink at the beauitful bar before dinner. The food was excellent and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest restaurant everyGazakingkongDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend out for Valentines day / birthday and it was the best night I had in a min.food was excellent 5 stars for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!KRW1Dined on 2/14/2014Took my wife here for Valentines Day. 1st time here.... food was very good. Started with fried calamari (this was great)... fresh... not frozed and deep fried.... no Gortons here! My wife had chicken Bottagra... looked great. 2 large breasts pan seared... topped w/ fresh mozz and roasted peppers... also came w/ veges and whipped potatos. I had a really good pasta dish with an awesome ragu loaded w/ meat, sausage and veal meatballs. Stuff was THE BOMB! Prices are in line w/ market (mid $20/dish - upper $30's), but the food is very very good. Parking was valet (not sure if that was due to holiday.....). Waiter was very cordial, as well all staff that waited on us. Only con I have was the table was tight and chairs small and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodJustjayDined on 2/12/2014Antonio was a great server and very attentive. The Food was incredible from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itFoodFanDined on 2/8/2014Have been here a few times and decised to celebrate a family birthday here. service and food were wonderful. Kudos to Pastry Chef Joe who baked an amazing cake for this occasion. We will be back, often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time...CampbellVIPDined on 2/8/2014....although the food was incredible and the ambience is great, we were sat 20 minutes late and then when we were walked to our table, the table still had dirty dishes from the last guest! We then had to stand in the way for 5 minutes while every scrambled to get the table together. Reservation was at 8:15 and we received our bottle of wine at the table at 9:00 pm, this is not acceptable service for this type of restuarant. Perhaps we are just used to NYC high end restuarants and this is what Jersey has to offer? If so, we will stick to our normal NYC venue! By the time we were done, it was 10:45 pm and we were almost the last people in the restaurant...also not what I was expecting.Special Features:
- Bottagra 's was a great exp.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Bottagra 's was a great exp. from start to finish- the open table was so simple,-times that were avail. were listed no need to hold to spk to someone etc- valeted car waiting inside from the cold- nice private rooms for the future - very crowded but service still kept up- waiter was helpful and knowledgable -stayed longer than expected but never felt rushed - a little loud for me but expected - food was delicious - definitely would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy RetaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014Bottagra is a first rate Italian restaurant with great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice ambiance butbayankeeDined on 1/18/2014Good food nice ambiance but very loud and service a little slow.Special Features:
- Jan14OlebluDined on 1/18/2014The attention was good, 2 notes that should be corrected, When reading the lengthy list of specials not once was the price of an item mentioned, as was a recommended bottle of wine at 75.00$. it was not busy during our dining period and it took 2 attempts to request a refill for an empty wine glass. Our view was directly into the kitchen it was pointed out that this was our first time and yet we got faced into the kitchen . Screen it block it wall it but don't put my face into it. Thanks.... Will try again.....food was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have gone to Bottagra numerousnjgrammyDined on 1/18/2014I have gone to Bottagra numerous times and have never been disappointed. Food is good, service is good and it is a pretty place. Like to support neighborhood business and going here makes it a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outfancynancyDined on 1/16/2014i brought 2 friends on a thursday evening who have never been to bottagra, but always wanted to. i chose your restaurant because i have been there, at least 4 times, and knew they would like it. the food was excellent - we especially appreciated the prix fix menu, and both ladies cleaned their plates. i brought a small amount home and enjoyed the following day at lunchtime. 2 of us had the pear cosmos, in fact, 2 each - it is a very refreshing cocktail - and sampled 3 of the desserts that came with the dinner deal. again, very tasty, especially the zeppoles. arrived nice and hot. overall, another positive experience for me, and a new one for my guests- who promised to return, with their guests ! great job, everyone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dined here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2014Have dined here before and found everything exceptional. This time as well was great. Relaxed atmosphere, not rushed. Waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Sub Par ServiceBabsMDined on 1/10/2014Food was awesome, specials rocked, I actually changed my order to two specials, one app and one main course, and I was not disappointed. Both were seafood....My husband had steak, and it was just 'ok'. Our guests had pasta and both of them were pleased. The wait staff was pleasant, but dinner took close to 4 hours, and we waited a loooooonnnnnnggggggg time to place our initial drink order, our food order and also our dessert order, so this was pretty disappointing. Other than the service, we had a good time.Special Features:
- Good time! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We recently dined at Bottagra and enjoyed it very much! The food was exceptional and the service was spot on. Our waiter couldn't have been more accommodating. We switched quite a few things on the menu and he was more than happy to make the changes. He knew the menu well and was very informative with any questions that we had. It made for a very pleasant dining experience. Our reservations were for 6:45 and we were seated immediately which was very much appreciated. The food was cooked to perfection! There were six people in our party and not one complaint among us. I can definitely say that we will be returning to Bottagra in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it here!mdm0910Dined on 12/19/2013This is the third year in a row I've gone to Bottagra with 6 of my girlfriends for our Holiday celebration. We hit the jackpot this year! There were a bunch of other Holiday parties going on and a great DJ! We had to wait a while for our table but that's ok we didn't mind because we were having drinks at the bar and dancing. Dan took great care of us and brought us appetizers on the house since we were waiting so long. We will for sure being going back next year and a few times in between!Special Features:
- Always a great place. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Always a great place. Good is always consistently good. Specials are the best bet. Service is excellent!!Special Features:
- Best meal in a while!Luv2dineDined on 11/30/2013Excellent service and outstanding food! Wish I could have tried everything on the menu! Our waiter, Edwin, was so helpful and generous, and the ambiance of the restaurant was romantic and down to earth. Always amazing food and a good time at bottagra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottgra is a hidden gem. Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013Bottgra is a hidden gem. Food, service and quality is off the hook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottagra a disappointmentDrBob31VIPDined on 11/15/2013This restaurant is a foodie paradise. the menu is terrific and the food is excellent. However, you can go blind with the dark lighting and deaf from the loud music and speech which is not muffled or attenuated in any way. Annoying was the fact that despite reservations, we had to wait 20 minutes for a table. The old saw "go to the bar" does not work in a place like this.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!BarbieDined on 11/15/2013Service is outstanding. Value for the money excellent. Food is fabulous! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBuurnDined on 11/13/2013Antonio was wonderful.He made us feel so welcome. The manner in which he presented the menu,made us want to order everything. He checked on us frequently and,along with the food is the reason we will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottagra is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013Bottagra is one of our favorite restaurants, however, we were very disappointed with our experience this time. Despite our 8:30pm reservation, we had to wait an extra 45 minutes to be seated. This to me unacceptable. I understand that restaurants sometimes fall behind, but almost an hour past a reservation in too long to wait.Special Features:
- A true treatLaLaDined on 11/9/2013We tried Bottagra's for the first time. I had to pick a spot that was centrally located to several family members. After reading all the good reviews I'm so glad we picked this one. Not one member in our party was disappointed. From start to finish everything was delicious, each meal was well prepared, presented, and did I mention delicious! The wait staff was very attentive and professional. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.