12 N Eutaw Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehippcafe.com/
- Phone: 4106251401x205
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 2 hours prior to showtime;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 2 hours prior to showtime
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paul Lever
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Spectrum is a full service caterer. Our Executive Chef & Professional Events team can customize a menu for your next event ranging from breakfast meetings & corporate dinners to barmitzvahs or weddings.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Spectrum's Event Coordinator Kimberly Dorgan for our private Dining and event options
- Private Party Contact: Kimberly Dorgan 4437032430x
- Cross Street: W Baltimore Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is parking attached to the Hippodrome Theatre in the Grand Garage. When exiting the garage please use the Paca street exit and turn left onto W Baltimore Street. The Hipp Cafe is located between Paca Street and N Eutaw Street
A word from Hipp Cafe
The Hipp Cafe is the exception! We have great food, great ingredients at a great value. Everything we offer at the Hipp Cafe is prepared in house from the best seasonal ingredients available. We have a great selection of fresh baked breads, homemade soups & fresh cut salads and artisan paninis. Our menu is designed for fast service but is not fast food. The Hipp Cafe has a casual dinning atmosphere where you can enjoy a a glass of wine and a bite to eat before your theatre performance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Hipp Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Hipp Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The crab soup and chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2010The crab soup and chicken panani my husband I had before a performance at the Hippodrome far exceeded our expectations. The added bonus was that there was a coupon for a free dessert with the purchase of $15 or more on the back of our tickets. That led us to a slice of pumpkin cheesecake that rivaled the ones I've tasted at the Cheesecake Factory and a trio of creme brulees that were pretty darn good. Also, the waitresses had excellent customer service and even brought me a damp towel when I accidentally got powdered sugar all over my black coat 5 minutes before the performance.Special Features:
- The food was not very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2010The food was not very good, the pizza was terrible my daughter said it looked like something that was made in her home-economics class shes 14. The salad was the best and it wasn't that good. The soup tasted to much like cream out of the box. I felt like the $65.00 was a waste of hard earned money. I am sorry
- My friend and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2010My friend and I really enjoyed our food, and our server Maurice was wonderful. He went above and beyond looking for me in the theater since I left my VISA card at Cafe Hipp after I left to go to the theater. He is wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. FeltOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2010Wonderful experience. Felt welcome from first moment we entered. Food was excellent at prices very reasonable for downtown Baltimore. Pineapple cake dessert was delicious, as was the crabcake pannini. Excellent,friendly service by Vanessa and the other wait staff. And,after a relaxing experience, we walked right into the Hippodrome Theatre Lobby from the Cafe. Great Night.
- This is a cafe and as such,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2010This is a cafe and as such, we were very pleased. The food was good, the ambiance was more "cafeteria" and our server was very pleasant although a tad overworked. We ate here as we were attending a play and we will do so again whenever we attend an event at the Hippodrome.
- Food was mediocre at best...soupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2010Food was mediocre at best...soup came with the meal as opposed to before when it should be served. The sandwiches had more bread than actual food between the slices of bread. The crab cake panini was mostly filler and barely any crab meat. Overall, for what you pay, it's not worth the money or your time. Yes, it's convenient to eat at the cafe before a show, but save yourself the trouble. We will not be returning in the future.
- The Hipp Cafe is a good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010The Hipp Cafe is a good place to go before seeing a performance at the Hippodrome in Baltimore. You can go straight from your table to the lobby of the Hippodrome. The food is good -- not great special occasion food -- but enough for a meal before the show. The Cafe just recently started taking reservations and providing table service and that was a selling point since we had a party of 7. Otherwise, you order at a counter and hope to find a free small talble. The Cafe got quite busy in the hour before the show started. People seemed to be having a good time but I wouldn't have wanted to be looking for a table for our large group. The Hipp Cafe meal got our evening out off to a good start.
- A little confusing when weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2010A little confusing when we first entered as to what to do. But after asking, clarification was given and everyone we encountered was wonderful. Short menu but everything was very tasteful.
- The soup was hearty and flavorful;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2010The soup was hearty and flavorful; the panini a bit too greasy, but flavorful. - good value for the money and enhanced by a friendly staff