1685 Yew Street
Vancouver, BC V6K 3E6Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abigailsparty.ca/
- Phone: 6047394677
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Weekends & Holidays: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Graham Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Abigail's Party welcomes parties of up to 36 guests for seated, multi-course dinner service or parties of up to 40 guests for more casual, cocktail party-style service. Our heated patio can also be utilized for seasonal seating, or as a reception area.
Abigail's is ideal for small to medium-sized business gatherings, wedding receptions & rehearsal dinners, and reunions. Allow us to help you with any & all aspects of your party, including entertainment and transportation if desired, with a variety of pricing options.
- Private Party Contact: James 6047394677
- Special Events: Abigail's Party specializes in hosting private events of every nature. Our room is the perfect setting for groups up to 50 and we can offer dinner in either seated or cocktail party-style formats. Winters are warm & intimate, while summers are bright & airy with the availability of our lovely patio.
In addition to fantastic dinner & beverage service options, we will happily coordinate all aspects of your event - such as audio/visual, entertainment, gift tables, taxi vouchers, etc. - to ensure a remarkable party of tremendous value.
Be it a wedding, rehearsal dinner, company event, or any group gathering, our attention to detail and unique pricing model will make your event with us unforgettable for both the organizers and their guests. Testimonials happily shared... Email us for more details!
- Cross Street: West 1st
- Public Transit: Abigail's Party is no more than three blocks walking distance from the following bus routes:
and within eight blocks of these bus routes:
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is available at all hours of the day, both free and metered. Additional parking is available at the Kits Beach parking lot within two blocks walking distance.
A word from Abigail's Party
Located just up the street from Kits Beach, Abigail's Party takes pride in offering a wonderful menu of great value at both brunch and dinner. Specializing in comfort food and bistro classics, we prepare delicious meals using only the finest quality ingredients, with a keen eye on the wine list. Wine selections are constantly rotating to bring you a fantastic variety of the best wines available in terms of quality and value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abigail's Party reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Although the venue is smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2010Although the venue is small ( 35 people max) our group of 9 was provided with terrific food and service which made for a memorable,fun evening.Special Features:
- After reading the menu online,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2010After reading the menu online, my partner and I were excited to have dinner at Abigail's party, however...I had the fish tacos and my partner, had the burger. The fish tacos were, in one word, bland. For $16 I expected a bit more than a few bits and pieces of cod, and few shreds of veg and no flavor. I appreciate that Abigail's uses organic and whole foods, natural meats and ocean friendly fish, but so do I - at home - and my fish tacos are delicious. You don't need to sub taste for quality. To it's defense the burger was great, but because the air-con was on super blast & everything, especially the fries, got cold within 5 minutes of the plates arriving at the table = A huge disappointment, when I really wanted to support them :(
- I took some friends from outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2010I took some friends from out of town for dinner and we were all very impressed with the quality of the service and food. The desserts were amazing! Overall, great energy; a very relaxing evening. I will definatley go again.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for 6 atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2010Made a reservation for 6 at Abigails Party. The restaurant is small, and the atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming. Our waiter was casual in the way he dressed, but also in the way that he conversed with us which was great. We had the Steak Frites x2, Halibut x2, Burger, and fried chicken. The steaks were perfectly cooked, and had a peppercorn sauce on top which was delicious. Fries are made in house, and were also wonderful. My gf's Dad had the fried chicked, and he won't stop raving about it! Our waiter also suggested wine pairings which we all took, and they were spot on. Great food, great service, and a cozy non intimidating atmoshphere. What more could you ask for? I am certainly going back to Abigails party.Special Features:
- Very good experience; attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010Very good experience; attentive but unobtrusive service.Special Features:
- Mediocre food ~ Very disappointing!FoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2010Mediocre food ~ Very disappointing! My dish was definitely not worth $17 for old reheated pasta. Music was too way too loud, gave us both a headache. Would never go back ;o(
- We walked in and they didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010We walked in and they didn't have a table waiting for us (even though we'd made a reservation.) They put us on bar stools and told us they'd have us at a table asap...the noise was more than we could bare. We stayed for a drink - a half hour at the most - and left the place with headaches from the shrieking of the other patrons. We ended up at La Buca where we had a fantastic meal and felt much more at home. I've been to Abigail's Party before, but much later in the evening and not on a Friday, and I enjoyed the food and the service...but this seemed like a completely different restaurant. Not a place I'd suggest at peak hours - the room is too small for that level of noise.
- A great spot for late nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2010A great spot for late night drinks and food. Really cool atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bean dip was sublime and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2010Bean dip was sublime and the pasta sauce (vegetarian option) was so good I wanted to lick my plate. My friend complained only that she ate too much but the fish tacos and sliders were too good to leave anything behind.
- Good menu and decent wineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2010Good menu and decent wine list for a small place. Good location near Kits beach. Service a bit sluggish...Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2010The food and the service were great. My friends and I will be back.Special Features:
- The drink list was creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2010The drink list was creative and delicious! Our service was outstanding - efficient and friendly. The vibe was lively on a Friday night. The perfect place for a group of friends to gather for great food and drink.Special Features:
- Their website advertised "comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2010Their website advertised "comfort food" and I think (based on the meals we ordered) that this is a fair statement. The place is small but nice. We elected to sit on the patio even though it was on the cool side but the waiter lit a patio burner and all was well. A hill in Kitts leading down to the beach is a good place to people watch. I ordered the buttermilk battered chicken which came with mashed potatoes and cream corn. Chicken was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. My wife ordered the fish tacos which were fresh and light and she enjoyed them very much but I thought they would have benefitted with a little hot sauce or salsa on the side. Reasonably priced with friendly but casual service. We would go back.Special Features:
- Recommended to me by a coworkervictorDined on 6/5/2010Recommended to me by a coworker so I finally decided to try it out. Pretty steady flow of people coming in to eat and drink all night. Food was good as were the drinks. The venue was abit smaller than I expected but thats part of the whole ambiance. Service was attentive without being in your face.Special Features:
- I was disappointed by my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2010I was disappointed by my experience this time, after a great meal when Abigail's Party first opened. The decor is a little worse for wear, and the food, although good, lacked creativity and presentation. My lamb shank was tender but nothing special, and the aged cheddar macaroni and cheese would have benefited from being baked. The bison sandwich was also OK, but very heavily spiced. It feels like the restaurant is getting away with a declining quality thanks to a location close to Kits beach. Service was solid, no issues there.Special Features:
- Went for Dine Out VancouverWonderingViewDined on 5/6/2010Went for Dine Out Vancouver and the food was not bad. The battered rice cake was just okay, but my least favorite. The bruschetta was the best I've ever had! The Ling Cod and the Chocolate Tart were scrumptious! I would definitely return to try the other dishes on the a la carte menu!Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2010The food and service were very good. I had the Ling Cod and my friend had the Steak Frites - both much enjoyed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wanted a well-located place near Kits Beach with good food and a good wine list. The decor is a bit 'rough' and the interior is quite dark (all dark wood) but it has a lot of appeal in terms of intimacy and is obviously popular. I have the impression that it is a neighbourhood hang-out or destination for many 20 somethings with some coins in their pocket. The place is quite small and it gradually filled up after 8:30 to the extent that we were asked to free up our table for other diners. Parking is hard to find of course - plan to get there early so you can circle the block.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very small-OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2010The restaurant is very small- but has a very energetic atmosphere. The wine list is limited, but everyone in my group was very happy with their selections. The food was somewhat bland- we each had an appetizer/ salad, entree, and dessert. Overall atmosphere was enjoyable, food was just ok.Special Features:
- The Brushetta was amazing..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2010The Brushetta was amazing.. I'd go back just for that. I thought my main course was a little small.. and the apple crumble for dessert was also delicious.Special Features:
- A great find. Affordable,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2010A great find. Affordable, delicious and creative cuisine. Nice wine list for a modern crowd.Special Features:
- I'd heard through friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2010I'd heard through friends that the food was good. Maybe we just had a bad experience because it was part of Dine Out Vancouver. But the food was terrible - my salad was bland and too salty, my steak was overcooked and the mojito was so strong that it was undrinkable. The service was terrible too. The waitress made barely civil to us and left us for long periods of time. We felt like cattle.
- Great place. But we were seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2010Great place. But we were seated right by the door - which got pretty cold as the door keeps getting opened/closed.Special Features:
- Service went from awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2010Service went from awesome to ho hum. Everything went well until desert came, half way through the desert, husband found a french fry in his apple crisp. They brought out a new desert immediately which was fine but maybe they anticipated a tip that wasn't ideal to them cause after paying the meal, the debit machine ran out of paper and at one point the two servers were just standing and looking over at us but didn't come over and find out how the transaction was doing.Special Features:
- The place is tiny with smallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2010The place is tiny with small tables cramped right next to each other. Don't go there if you are looking for a romantic dinner for a special occasion. However, the food was great and the desert arrangement memorable (coffee and cigar) for Dine Out Vancouver 2010. The waiteress was efficient, natural and friendly. But, the noise level was unbearable that evening. The place was packed and some patrons where in screaming conversation requiring every one else to scream too to be heard. It was a mad house when you add the music coming from speakers.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2010The food was fantastic. We were impressed with the flavours of the food and the unique menu. We will be back to enjoy more meals here very soon.Special Features: