1685 Yew Street
Vancouver, BC V6K 3E6Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abigailsparty.ca/
- Phone: 6047394677
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Weekends & Holidays: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Graham Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Abigail's Party welcomes parties of up to 36 guests for seated, multi-course dinner service or parties of up to 40 guests for more casual, cocktail party-style service. Our heated patio can also be utilized for seasonal seating, or as a reception area.
Abigail's is ideal for small to medium-sized business gatherings, wedding receptions & rehearsal dinners, and reunions. Allow us to help you with any & all aspects of your party, including entertainment and transportation if desired, with a variety of pricing options.
- Private Party Contact: James 6047394677
- Special Events: Abigail's Party specializes in hosting private events of every nature. Our room is the perfect setting for groups up to 50 and we can offer dinner in either seated or cocktail party-style formats. Winters are warm & intimate, while summers are bright & airy with the availability of our lovely patio.
In addition to fantastic dinner & beverage service options, we will happily coordinate all aspects of your event - such as audio/visual, entertainment, gift tables, taxi vouchers, etc. - to ensure a remarkable party of tremendous value.
Be it a wedding, rehearsal dinner, company event, or any group gathering, our attention to detail and unique pricing model will make your event with us unforgettable for both the organizers and their guests. Testimonials happily shared... Email us for more details!
- Cross Street: West 1st
- Public Transit: Abigail's Party is no more than three blocks walking distance from the following bus routes:
and within eight blocks of these bus routes:
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is available at all hours of the day, both free and metered. Additional parking is available at the Kits Beach parking lot within two blocks walking distance.
A word from Abigail's Party
Located just up the street from Kits Beach, Abigail's Party takes pride in offering a wonderful menu of great value at both brunch and dinner. Specializing in comfort food and bistro classics, we prepare delicious meals using only the finest quality ingredients, with a keen eye on the wine list. Wine selections are constantly rotating to bring you a fantastic variety of the best wines available in terms of quality and value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Abigail's Party reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2014Abigail's Party was delicious and had great service! My partner and I literally scraped our plates. The Steelhead Trout was fantastic, as were the cocktails.Special Features:
- Haven't been here for a while,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2014Haven't been here for a while, came back for Dine Out as the menu was intriguing. Not disappointed!! The "tower" of breaded eggplant was done perfectly, with the layers providing great taste / colour / texture accompaniment. Cheese plate for dessert was a treat. My spouse's caramel bread pudding was "one of the best they've found", which makes it pretty good for this city (given the number they've tried!!). Wine list as always is short, entertaining, and spot on for the menu. You really should start with a house cocktail though, some tasty combinations on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitsilano's best kept secret.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014I find that this place is generally known for it's late night drinks, but the good is outstanding and the wine list is always a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first visitthekatsmeowDined on 1/24/2014Had heard good things from work colleagues so finally tried Abigail's Party as part of Dine Out Vancouver and loved it! The fixed menu was a great intro to the restaurant as most of the dishes are regularly available on their menu. The soup was light and fresh, and the trout was sublime. Tried a few cocktails too, and enjoyed them. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great little place!yvrfoodieDined on 1/23/2014If you like a small intimate restaurant that packs tasty dishes with a good bar and nice wine list, this place is for you! We had the Steak and Frites, very yummy steak and good fries. I love a good piece of meat with arugula. We also had the Fried Chicken that was also very yummy. They have a great mussel dish that makes you crave for more bread to soak in the sauce. If you like to eat tapas style, to get a lot of variety, you'll like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine outmimiDined on 1/23/2014Food was good and tasty but seating very uncomfortable. We arrived at 5:40 for a 6pm reservation and the restaurant was fairly empty. They gave us a bar height table close to the door (very cold) when we asked if we could have a regular table with regular height seats, they told us they were all reserved - even though there plenty of empty tables. They did offer us a worse table that was just as high, with stools, not chairs and not enough room to comfortably feed 4 people. They specified that we should have made a special note when we made the reservation. Since we had never been to the restaruant before, this seemed to be unfair. Since two of us were 4 ft 8 tall and 5 foot tall, it was very uncomfortable. The hostess- rude unco-operative
- Very consistent excellentBe2goodDined on 1/23/2014Very consistent excellent food, delicious flavours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took our family of 5 (allScotDined on 1/21/2014Took our family of 5 (all adults) for dinner. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. She gave us great recommendations, as the food was fantastic. From the appetizers we shared, to our main course and dessert.Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a bit rushed throughSHAWNDined on 1/21/2014We were a bit rushed through dinner. Tables were too crammed together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate from their dine out menuvangirlDined on 1/20/2014Ate from their dine out menu with a group for my boyfriends birthday, it was amazing! Particularly the steak was very delicious, so tender you could cut it with a fork and the peppercorn sauce was perfect. Also they have cool cocktails. Service was great, we had one person who was very late but she never rushed us to get out of there even though it was dine out. It was a little loud but the restaurant is small so we didn't have any trouble hearing each otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We ordered the chicken and it came over cooked. Burnt actually. We ate some of the dinner before we decided to send it back. When it returned the left over food on the plate, potatoes etc were gone. They only brought back the new chicken!?Special Features:
- Good foodHoraceVIPDined on 1/14/2014cozy environment. food taste great. service is good, server's are very attentiveSpecial Features:
- We always enjoy our visit TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2014We always enjoy our visit The maple bourbon glaze with the figs is yummy We will backSpecial Features:
- WonderfulAW222Dined on 12/31/2013What a great place to spend on New Years Eve! Very romantic, the cocktail list is incredible, and the food outstanding: especially the mussels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool spotmwfoodieDined on 11/1/2013small cute spot in kits by the beach. Food was great and the neighborhood is amazing. Yew street is fun, friendly and has some good spots for laughs and eats.Special Features:
- Food was better than expectedtaurustalksVIPDined on 10/31/2013Food was better than expected and service was very good. It was a much smaller room than anticipated and the tables were located very close together. It was a quiet evening so it wasn't too noisy. Prices quite reasonable for quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky little hideawaysweeteatsDined on 10/22/2013Quiet as we went for an early dinner.Funky little place with wooden tables (high/low) Friendly staff. Food was good.Buttermilk fried chicken had a crunchy exterior with a slightly tangy,moist interior.Mashed potatoes with gravy and sauteed kale finished off this dish of comfort food. My husband's burger was solid with fresh lettuce,tomato and crispy bacon. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so wow this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2013After a wonderful experience the first time, my gfs and I decided on hitting up Abigail's for another dinner. I have to say, the second time around, wasn't that great. The service was poor and the servers weren't that friendly at all. The food however was as always superb. I wanted to order something 'to go' and they said they do not offer that. Fine, but what's the difference if I order it, it comes out to me and I bag it up? =/
- Good but for one thing....AllGoodDined on 10/18/2013When dining, we like to be able to talk with the rest of our table without straining to hear what they are saying. We found the music was being played too loudly. When we asked if it could be turned down, we were told that it was loud so you couldn't hear what others were saying. Perhaps, but we also had difficulty hearing each other at the table. The louder music is the louder people talk, making talking more of a yelling session. On a very positive note, the service was excellent, very attentive and accomodating with respect to certain food restrictions a guest had. Our meals were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitsilano GemFoodForThoughtVIPDined on 10/1/2013This is not a location where you would expect to find a restaurant of this quality. My wife had the Halibut, always a good test since it is not an easy fish to cook properly. It was done perfectly with an interesting and delicious sauce. I had the special for the evening, a vegetable lasagna. It was presented nicely and was tastier than many vegetable lasagnas I've had in the past. The wine list had many choices we had not tried before. The interior is small but well laid out with a bench along the window wall with small tables and facing chairs. In spite of the proximity to other diners there was a sense of privacy. The noise level was not excessive. We will recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than I expected.HenriettaDined on 9/21/2013Much better than I expected. The food was delicious and the service was good. Both snack of bacon wrapped figs and deep fried pork belly was yummy. Bruschetta was surprisingly good and Duck Confit was tender. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2013It has a small bistro feel. We were 4 at a small table. The drinks choices were great, wines, cocktails, sherry, whiskers. Food was almost all excellent. (Skip the steak tartare). Friendly warm staff and atmosphere. Would definitely go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Pleasant - with room to improveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2013I recently made a reservation noting that we were coming to celebrate a birthday. They didn't look up the reservation when we came in and so they didn't note the fact that it was a birthday dinner. The cocktails we ordered were great, as were the appetizers. The mains were basic but good. I would have appreciated a proper steak knife for my steak dish - I asked for it and was told none were available. It was a chore using the butter knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is quiet and casual.FoodeeDined on 8/16/2013Restaurant is quiet and casual. We had theatre reservations so we did not have time to linger. We asked for and got prompt service. Menu is a little limited. I personally like to have more vegetarian choices not just a pasta/tomato option which was ok but certainly not outstanding. No other complaints from our party but no real reason to go back. Some nice wine options and starter olives were good. Server very friendly and efficient.
- We had great, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2013We had great, friendly service and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalibutWorldtableVIPDined on 7/10/2013Great Halibut, the chef seemed willing to accommodate dietary needs. Good service. WARNING: The inside is VERY VERY LOUD - which is difficult to have a dinner and hear the person you are with. There is no flexibility on this - it is a conscious decision to maintain the noise level very high. We ate outside which was a lovely contrast - so I would recommend this place for dinner only if there is room outside and it is a nice enough weather that you will enjoy the time on the patio. They are also known for 'comfort food' and late night dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriends took me hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2013My girlfriends took me here for my birthday. We ordered almost everything off the menu, and I have to say every dish left us wanting more! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Dinner before Bard on the BeachCYPWVDined on 6/27/2013Found this restaurant online while looking for a place to eat before Bard on the Beach. The location is convenient and easily accessible by public transit. I had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. So delicious and moist. Not overbattered or greasy. Complimented nicely by the wilted kale, biscuit and gravey! Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very lovely findmeyetnotmeDined on 6/22/2013Randomly picked this place because it was near Kits beach - definitely a gem. Very close to Kits beach, you can walk on the sand after dinner to end the night romantics. We ordered starters, mussel & bacon wrapped figs. The figs was my favorite. I am not a big fan of figs, but bacon makes it so goooood. Mains we had summer pasta and the halibuts - the fish was nicely cooked. Great taste. The service was good, it was very friendly and cozy - "We're here to enjoy our nights and be ourselves, not to put on a gong show". It was definitely a fabulous evening. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Duck Confit!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2013I took a friend here for her birthday dinner and was really impressed with the overall experience. My only gripe is that the brie appetizer is ridiculously miniscule for the price. We were expecting a little wheel of brie, but instead it was about 3 tiny slices of cheese that all but disappeared (melted) into the mushrooms. The flavours were exceptional, though, and left us wanting more. The mussels were quite good and the portion of fries was huge. The duck confit was the star of the night, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The cocktails were fabulous and the service was amazing. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013Great dining experience with the exception of a little bit of misunderstanding from the waitress who muddled my order, but not a big issue. Food was divine and the atmosphere was fun and lively! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food in an interestingDetroitVisitorVIPDined on 4/26/2013Decent food in an interesting location. The chef has attitude issues in coking meat to order. On balance a positive experience
- Nice lil intimate dining resto!!Soulflower728Dined on 4/25/2013The place is a little small but the food is fantastic. Mussels, burger and brussel sprouts had lots of flavour.Special Features:
- Salad was served in a bigTTTerrieVIPDined on 4/17/2013Salad was served in a big bowl w/ fresh nuts!! Yummy dressing & so healthy. Mussels were fresh and plentiful, served w/ homemade warm breads. I ordered steel-head trout for entree which was served in a deep dish w/ mexed beans and broccolini. Totally enjoyed every bite. Everything was so creative assembled! Will go back and tell friends. Price is extremely reasonable.Special Features:
- Loved :) Will return OnlyOpen62Dined on 4/13/2013Loved :) Will return Only complaint was my food did not arrive hot, merely warm. Not worth sending back for as it would have changed the dining experience with the other 3 guests but if it were just the 2 of us, we would have asked.Special Features:
- Would go again for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013We had a reservation on a friday 8:15. The cocktails were well thought out but overpriced, and our server did not pick the best wine choices per our taste, but we think she might have been training. We had a deconstructed steak tartare to start, which was lovely, and both the deep fried chicken and the steak frites were great. The chocolate chilli mousse for dessert was to die for and I could have found room for another. The music was good, but at that level where you're almost shouting to talk to the person across the table from you. Considering most people were there for dates or dinner parties, the music didn't have to be quite that loud.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Love this restaurant! The food is divine, service is always great. My only ongoing complaint is how NOISY it is! Music is loud, and talking is louder. Wish they could change the acoustics.....
- My mother read an articleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013My mother read an article on this place and told me about it - I had no idea it was a couple blocks from me! We came for dinner and the food was incredible. The bruschetta was so unusual, but it was phenomenal... As was the burger. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food you get. It's a very tiny place so dinner reservations are key. It gets pretty loud in there too, we noticed. The servers were great. Very chatty and friendly. They told us that they started out being known for brunch, so we had to come back. We went the next morning (around 930 because they don't take reservations in the AM and it lines up!) and again, it was incredible food. Cheesy, gooey, incredible food.Special Features:
- hi, still enjoyed the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013hi, still enjoyed the restaurant however this is the second time we've been and not been able to order the vegetarian entree. we ordered two appetizers in the place of the mushroom dish but we were still hungry when we left. the servers were very nice.Special Features:
- We love it here!FalseCreekFoodieVIPDined on 2/21/2013The food at Abigail's is always outstanding - my Husband had the special which was Pork Belly and he said every bite was delicious. We also love that they continually change up their wines by the glass and that they are listed on a large chalk board in the restaurant. We have discovered some of our favorite table wines here. It's a small cozy venue which is perfect for more intimate parties. We love Abigail's Party!Special Features: