Reds at Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa
2250 West Hwy 89A
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Reds at Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sedonarouge.com/
- Phone: 9283405321x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.; Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30pm - 2:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
*Daily from 2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. the bar servers off our small plate menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ron Moler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Reds at Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa
Stylish American Bistro and Bar, located in Sedona Rouge, a four diamond resort; features American favorites reinterpreted with contemporary flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reds at Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Service was great but allOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2011Service was great but all in all it just didnt give us the memory that a restaurant that is this expensive should give us. The food just didnt provide enough excitement.
- Service was excellent andGaylordVIPDined on 6/4/2011Service was excellent and food prepared well. Great burger & beer restaurant with class!Special Features:
- Great food, get a new singer...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011Food was great, service was fine. Live entertainment in bar area (very open to dining room) was too loud and add on that the music didn't sound "thematically correct" for the restaurant.
- Food was presented very wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011Food was presented very well and it tasted excellent.Special Features:
- NEVER GO TO REDS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2011Terrible service - waiter barely spoke english; took long time for dinrks to arrive; food over salty; lights too bright; food was terrible; an awful experience!!
- Not bad, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011'Reds' was a descent restaurant with average services. The food was nothing spectacular, just as good as an 'Applebees' or 'Chili's'. Our server seemed fairly new and had no clue, but was a friendly guy. Only reason we ate here was because we stayed at the resort and were given credit towards the restaurant. Dinner was ok, breakfast was better. Corn flake-crusted french toast was very unique and tasty. The resort as a whole was average, they tried to make it nice, but it's a 3 star hotel at best.
- We weren't sure what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2011We weren't sure what to expect as reviews have been mixed. We were pleasantly surprised with the trendy, up scale feel to the bar with great high double sided bar seats so being with other friends was comfortable. The music was a bit loud but still able to converse easily, and Eric Williams on piano with his sax accompanist was GREAT! Just perfect for the bar scene. Artichoke Dip appetizer was terrific, and it was $5.00 a glass wine night! Margaritas were outstanding. Dinner was very good - only one dish (parmesan crusted chicken) was outstanding out of the 4 we ordered. We are locals and vow to go back often, esp when Eric is playing. This is a real gem of a find.Special Features:
- We had a bad experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/24/2011We had a bad experience with food quality and preparation. They made every attempt to rectify but afraid by that time it was too late. Too bad, as it is really the only decent onsite eatery at the Wigwam
- Fabulous Valentine menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Fabulous Valentine menu with great price for this meal on Sunday before Valentine's day!, Loved the oyster rockfeller appetizer & the fish. Husband loved the lobster ravioli. Excellent service! Quiet which is what we wanted for our special night out.Special Features:
- Great food but too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011The food was excellent! I had a scallop dish that consisted of five very large scallops, with an amazing sauce and fresh vegetables. The chocolate tort with fresh berries was also quite good. The service was adequate but the waiter was rather bland and did not really have the personality needed to work in an upscale restaurant. The one thing I really did not like was the ambiance. The bar area and restaurant are in one large room and there was a live musician playing. The music was much too loud to try and enjoy a relaxing dinner.
- Terrible service. Food wasLgo987VIPDined on 12/25/2010Terrible service. Food was average, but at least the prices were reasonable.
- Very good Christmas Day dinnerBeppeDined on 12/25/2010Very good Christmas Day dinner (special menu--we had the prime rib and turkey entrees and the poached pear dessert) with live piano music. Sophisticated ambiance. Very good value--only $35 for the Christmas menu; ordering off regular menu allowed.Special Features:
- This is by far one of theMikeVIPDined on 11/26/2010This is by far one of the best restaurants in Sedona. Food is excellent, staff is great and the bartenders mix some mean cocktails. Tonight the bartender made me a "proper" Irish coffee (coffee, brown sugar, Irish whiskey, no cream - whipped or otherwise). It was the best one I've ever had. Only one downside at dinner - I ordered the prime rib medium rare, and it came out exactly that way. Unfortunately, it was cold. The server quickly took it back and had it warmed up and it was delicious, even thought it was now more toward "medium". An easy thing to happen with prime rib given that it needs to be generally prepared ahead of time and they get points for quickly correct the error. Looking forward to going back!
- We came to celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2010We came to celebrate a birthday and were expecting a lovely meal. there's nothing like unattentive service to spoil a nice dinner. The food was adequate. My salad very tasty but the filet was tasteless and dry and a bit over cooked. My husband's pasta dish was tasty with a lot of shrimps. They made a special sauce because he was on a low cholesterol diet. They were going to bring me a complementary dessert but I didn't like what they wanted to bring and ordered something different...which we paid for...unusual. It was not our first time dining here but doubtful that we will come back. Our server was very interested in his conversation with fellow employees...with his back to us so he did not know what we needed nor did he care. Lousy.Special Features:
- The food and service weretarheel62Dined on 10/16/2010The food and service were very good. Food was well prepared and very tasty. Waiter was helpful in choice of foods and gave great service.Special Features:
- plate not appetizing w/ whiteSedonaGirlVIPDined on 10/9/2010plate not appetizing w/ white fish, white asparagus, palest carrots ever seen.Special Features:
- Dont waste your time withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2010Dont waste your time with this very average place with more than average prices. The reviews I read on this place were inaccurate. There are better places to spend your money in Sedona.
- The setting of this resortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2010The setting of this resort is gorgeous. The service was attentive. We were disappointed in the food, it was fine but nothing special and the restaurant setting wasn't special either. We were there for lunch.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2010We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & dining at Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa. The chef perfectly prepared our seafood. Scallops & Salmon - FRESH & DELICIOUS. Our server was attentive and helpful in explaining the menu. We appreciated when the server didn't interrupt our conversation and came back when the time was right!!! When we go back to Sedona - we will stay at the Rouge. We sat on the balcony and star-gazed. Loved taking showers with a spout in the ceiling and on the wall. It makes for a great romantic weekend & good food to keep your energy up :)Special Features:
- The food and its presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2010The food and its presentation were absolutely fabulous, great flavors and serving sizes. The decor is pleasant and relaxing. Val, the bartender, was great, very personable and has excellent customer service skills. Loved the live music, not too loud and but fun too listen too. The service was well timed and prompt. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- The food was very good. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2010The food was very good. Everything was perfectly cooked and came out of the kitchen in a good time frame. My only negative comment is that it did seem a little expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Fun menu, good food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2010Fun menu, good food, great wine selection. Service began slow, but improved through out the meal. Live music was nice and not too loud. Sat at a corner table where we could people watch but did not feel like people were sitting right on top of us. Would go back.Special Features:
- I would recommend Reds toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2010I would recommend Reds to anyone celebrating a special occasion. We dined here on a Thursday evening for my Mom's birthday. I made reservations ahead of time. When arrived everything was taken care of as requested. The waiter was outstanding and prompt with our service. Even after it got busy he was still on time with everything. The food was so delicious as well as the drinks. The desert was so so good. The staff was just wonderful there and the experience was so great from the service to the good I would recommend Reds!Special Features:
- Good food. Great for breakfastChicaDined on 5/27/2010Good food. Great for breakfast but very noisy for dinner because dinning room is open to the bar area.
- We had a good meal here. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2010We had a good meal here. Everything was well prepared, though the two (same) drinks ordered at different times during the meal were quite different. The server and kitchen were accommodating about a special request, which was much appreciated. The service got a little scattered toward the end, but it was a busy night so that isn't too surprising. We also met another couple who were dining at the table next to us and had a very pleasant chat.Special Features:
- Even with short lead timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2010Even with short lead time on our reservation, the Maître di found us an out-of-the-way table for our anniversary dinner. I was pleased to see two vegetarian entrees on the menu. I had the roasted acorn squash with Israeli couscous. It was delicious. (When will chefs find a way to add more protein to vegetarian dishes?) The vegetables were funny: carrots, broccolini and asparagus -- one small of each: 1 small carrot, 1 small asparagus, etc. The chocolate and berry torte was a to-die-for way to finish our meal.Special Features:
- Very loud. Get rid of BrownCHUCKEATS123VIPDined on 3/24/2010Very loud. Get rid of Brown and serve rolls Food good Great serviceSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed being able to experienc4BarbDined on 3/19/2010We enjoyed being able to experienc4e a "vertical menu" where my husband and I split four courses. Red's split every dish in the kitchen and we ate the perfect quantity while being able to sample an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. Wonderful. The jazz entertainment was a bit loud while dining, but very high quality. We would definitely go back.
- The food was good, not great,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2010The food was good, not great, especially for the price. The ribeye was dry and overcooked, not a well marbled cut. Obviously meant for easy access by tourists by being attached to the hotel. While the server was attentive, he left the wine menu and wine glasses on the table throughout the meal even though we weren't drinking wine and our empty dishes from our salads stayed on the table long after our entrees arrived. The dessert was the best part. The banana crepe was good enough to come back for a second time and the chocolate torte is to die for by anyone who loves decadent, rich chocolate topped with a raspberry puree.
- My wife and I had dinner toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010My wife and I had dinner to celebrate our 14th anniversary. The food was very good and service was not the best, but not the worst. The live music from the bar area could be heard in the dinning area and was very nice. After dinner we moved over to the bar and had a couple of drinks while listening to the live entertainment. Overall we had a very memorable night!Special Features:
- We dined here on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2009We dined here on New Year's Eve because there were not many choices in Sedona for a combined dinner and New Year's 'party'. The meal was fair to good, but don't expect amazing things, especially if you're used to fine dining. For example, on the poor side: the bread that they bring to the table was basically stale hamburger buns (I'm not joking, they look and taste like hamburger buns). The mushroom soup was average, as were the desserts. On the up side the fish was prepared very nicely. The service however is the real downside to this restaurant. While our server was very friendly, she seemed quite forgetful and inexperienced and in a rush to get us out of there, even though they were not turning the tables over since it was New Year's Eve
- We were visiting the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2009We were visiting the area and Reds was recommended for New Year's Eve. When we arrived we were seated at the bar until our table was ready even though there appeared to be many tables available. The menu was appealing as was the wine list and cocktail selections. We were also presented with the New Year's Eve "special" menu -- a prix fixe three course menu with three or four appetizer and entree selections and two dessert selections but with no price given. When we inquired we were told that the price was $65 per couple. We were pleased with our selections and our service. However, when we received our bill we were charged $65 each ($130 plus drinks,tax,) which was considerably more than our meals would have if we had ordered ala carteSpecial Features:
- The food was very overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009The food was very overpriced. I would not recommend the lump crab and artichoke heart dip - it tasted (and looked) more like a cheesy tuna casserole. The environment was nice and the drinks were good but the food is not what I would expect for a place charging these kind of prices.
- We had a party of five with2ndVisitVIPDined on 12/11/2009We had a party of five with one vegetarian diner. They had a decent selection for the vegetarian, although the vegetable pasta primavera was just ok. The pesto cream sauce was a bit watered down. Other dishes that the others enjoyed included the mac 'n cheese (awesome appetizer), mushroom bruschetta (good), caramelized scallops (delicious!), and braised Angus short ribs (very good). Overall, the food was very good, but not extraordinary. We'd dine there again. Service was excellent. We asked for the mac n' cheese without ham so that our vegetarian diner could share some with us, but the kitchen made a mistake and immediately brought out another fresh-made batch without an extra charge.
- All the atmosphere is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/28/2009All the atmosphere is very pleasant the service was poor. The server lacked any knowledge of the wine and food preparation. I would not recommend this restaurant due to its very limited wine selection and pricey food.
- The lounge is right next toTGF58VIPDined on 11/27/2009The lounge is right next to the restaurant and had a very loud band. The quality of the food, wine and experience we received was well below expectations.
- We had a fabulous ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/26/2009We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner and the food was almost better than the staff and service!!Special Features:
- Reds was amazing. We celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009Reds was amazing. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary there and they went out of their way to make us feel special. We plan on celebrating there next year, too!Special Features:
- The food is "upscale comfortgourmayVIPDined on 11/7/2009The food is "upscale comfort food". The menu seems a little heavy on the seafood side versus the last time we were there, but generally good selection. The live music is usually a little loud which makes it difficult to have a conversation. Overall good but not outstanding food in a reasonable atmosphere with generally good service.
- The food and wine were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2009The food and wine were excellent. Our server, Javier, was very attentive without being intrusive. The one big distraction was the live entertainer in the bar - yikes. There needs to be some sound-proofing between the bar and the dining room.Special Features: