Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
201 SE 2nd Ave Suite 102
Gainesville, FL 32601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marksprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3523360077
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Pharo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to feature our full service, private dining facilities available for your next reception, banquet, business meeting, or social gathering. It would be our pleasure to help plan your next dining event and customize your menu. Our three private dining rooms are equipped to handle your audio/visual/internet needs as well. For whatever reason, business or pleasure, you can savor Mark�s taste sensations along with our award winning wines in privacy and comfort. We hope to leave a memorable impression on your friends and colleagues when you host an event at Mark Prime Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Henry 3523360077
A word from Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville - Best Restaurants in Gainesville ›
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (21)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (14)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Mark's Prime, gainesvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Mark's always offers a solid dining experience with great food and service. Steaks are excellent and cooked exactly as ordered, and other items on the menu, especially fish and appetizers, are fresh and tasty. I don't find their salads that interesting, so I never order them, but I've never been disappointed by an appetizer or entree, and the desserts are good. My only complaint is that when you order a steak, you get a slab of meat on a plate filled with sizzling butter - no garnish, nothing else. Presentation could be better - perhaps when sides are ordered ( these come family style in a bowl), rather than place the bowl on the table, the server could spoon some out on plates? The plate of meat might look a little less sad coming out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereGemini0522Dined on 8/10/2013Very nice steakhouse. Enjoyed the food. Visiting from out of town and really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAnnaDined on 8/6/2013I really enjoyed my New York strip. It was cooked to perfection, and the service was exemplary!Special Features:
- Expensive DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013Been here before. The quality has declined considerably. If I am paying top dollar, I want a top dollar meal. It will be a long time- if ever-:I vwould return. While waiter meant well, he was overly intrusive, and did not fulfill the little things he promised, Paying close to $100
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013I made a note in the order that it was my Girlfriend's birthday and the staff recognized it and brought us the house birthday cake.Special Features:
- OutstandingMikeDined on 7/22/2013I came for the steak (obviously), and it was even better than I expected. However, I was even more impressed by the lobster escargot. The waiter even recommended blue cheese on my steak, which I had never even heard of. But my goodness was it the perfect touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingswmonaDined on 7/19/2013Excellent steak perfectly cooked. Delicious bread (served hot with butter), huge shrimp cocktail, delightful salad and great mashed potatoes. Highly recommend. We were here for a conference and found this place through open table and were very very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysGreatVIPDined on 7/13/2013This is our favorite restaurant. We go there so much they know us and save our favorite table for us. Would recommend to anyoneI would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Gainesville's NicestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2013I have been to a lot of steakhouses across the state (NY Prime, Abe+Louies, Christy's). The best comparison I would give for Mark's Prime is Ruths Chris: No white glove service, but still great for special occasions and definitely the best in town. Ambience was as good as you'll get for Gainesville, keeping in mind that everything in the city skews younger and more informal. Service was also very good. Needless to say, the restaurant is expensive (expect about $40-80 a person depending on drinks), but we were very satisfied with the food and portions. I would definitely consider going again for a special occasion. If you're in town entertaining clients, or special quiet dinners, put Mark's Prime in consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant and prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2013Nice restaurant and pretty good food. However, very expensive and everything is a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, but......yelnatsaDined on 7/6/2013For a small town, this is a really good steakhouse/fish house. Generous portions, professional staff, stately setting. PRICY...the way that a good steakhouse can be. We did feel that because the restaurant was not full, the staff became "overly efficient". We were in, served our drinks, placed our order, ate and were out n about 1 hour. This is the kind of place that the meal should be stretched out a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good steakhouse in GainesvillekinigitDined on 6/26/2013Mark's is a fantastic restaurant. This was my third visit and again did not disappoint. The NY strip steak was a beautiful cut and was very nice and thick like a good steak should be. However it comes out on a plate all by itself. This is hardly a great presentation and it should really include some garnish such as fried onion straws and vegetables on the side. I do feel like the prices are too high in comparison to similar steak restaurants that I have visited and feel like the a la carte style is reasonable although the steaks are still priced as if sides are included. With the exception of the price I would recommend this restaurant. With the price I will be a bit hesitant to visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I had a couponSunshineDined on 6/22/2013I would like to say that the price was extremely high for the good. The food was good but it wasn't worth $100. I only went to Mark's because it was my husband's birthday. I could have went to Bonefish or Outback for the same quality of food. The waiter was very good and attentive which meant a lot to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service...OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/22/2013The steaks were done to perfection as was the seafood. I had two people with me who needed gluten free. This was handled perfectly. All in all, a delightfulnplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost there...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013Not Ruth's Chris in food or service, but close. Pricey and on this visit there was a long wait for the entree. On the other hand, the wine list is excellent and they did prepare the food with more attention to our requests than most places. Definitely the nicest place in Gainesville. They are very good and almost great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Wonderful Experience!LoveSteakDined on 6/21/2013The Fillet Mignon is perfect! The Service has always been the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2013Another great experience at Mark's! I entertained guests from Italy and we enjoyed great pre-dinner coctails (must try the Manhattan), great food and wine. I can never say no to the cowboy, but I was intrigued by the unique bone-in-filet on special and my guests loved it. Serivce was great, and we didn't feel rushed even though we were last guests to leave. I have always had a great experience whether business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, ala carte and priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013The 11oz filet mignon was cooked perfectly. It was tender and the sizzling plate with butter was very tasty. The steak could have used some seasoning; I had to salt mine which I really should not have had to do. We shared the crab cake appetizer & it was okay, the crab cake tasted great, the sauce was missing something, but most disappointing was that the cakes were small & very cold in the center. We also split a salad & the waiter was great and split it onto two plates for us prior to serving it. It was good & I LOVED the homemade Bleu Cheese dressing. Overall, a good experience, but for the prices I would have liked it to be a tad better and the steaks should come with at minimum, some veggies. The bread is great.Special Features:
- Even great for vegetarians!vegetarianreviewerDined on 5/29/2013Hey all! I wanted to recommend this place to vegetarians looking to accompany a meat-eating friend on a special treat. The sides are great, the apps are great, the salads are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steak!gvilleDined on 5/25/2013Food was excellent! Steak came out "perfect" and... still sizzing in it's own juices. Service was friendly and efficient. You won't fine a better steak in Gainesville. The only disappointment was the Creme Brulee - we probably should have returned it - not moist at all.Special Features:
- awesome!!!pstognerDined on 5/18/2013The atmosphere was cozy. The staff was warm and inviting. The food was excellent! Pricey, but worth it for a very special occasion. Best meal we've had in a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013This restaurant is good for a [very] special occasion. The food was good, but not fabulous. The atmosphere was nice, but not fabulous. The prices were ridiculous! particularly for this town. You can get just as good of food at many other, less expensive, restaurants.Special Features:
- Good, but not good enoughgwenniesueDined on 5/16/2013We had a problem with our Groupon coupon (not the restaurant's fault) and the management went online, and downloaded the correct coupon for us. What great service. But the steaks were only good, and at $40 they should be great.Special Features:
- mothers daymslrnDined on 5/11/2013This is the only real fine dining experience in Gainesville. The presentation is good, the plates are sizzling hot, steaks are perfect. Ridiculously pricey but for once a year, okay. They need a stricter dress code. It's annoying to tell your your kid to dress up and have some kid in shorts and a tee shirt right next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visit,LouPDined on 5/11/2013This was our second visit, both times celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food is delicious, from appetizer to dessert. The wait staff was attentive and efficient. One word of caution - their dinner plates are maintained at 500 degrees in an oven until ready to plate your steak. Beside the obvious, the wait staff will remind you, don't touch the plate for a few minutes. If you want a medium rare steak I recommend you order rare as the hot plate may finish your steak beyond medium rare. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013I booked this reservation months in advance, yet still was only able to get a 5pm seating (earlier than I would have liked). Mark's Prime was definitely a hot spot for UF graduation dinner. It was crowded. Yet our service and our meal was very good. They did a good job preparing for one of their busiest weekends, and we enjoyed our celebratory dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb meal in an elegant venueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2013We had the Bone-in Ribeye prepared Pittsburg Rare and they did this admirably. There was a seasoned crust that added to the steak without overpowering it, and the center was slightly cool and deep red. We had their traditional Escargot as an appetizer, and it was one of the best interpretations of that dish I have had. As sides we chose Bacon Braised Brussel Sprouts and Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, and both were quite good. My wife and I each enjoyed a glass of wine. We finished the meal with their Chocolate Mousse in a Kahlua Chocolate Crust with Fruit and I had an Espresso. This was decent though their desserts could use a little expansion. The prices are a bit high, but appropriate for this tier of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster Mac and cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013The lobster Mac and cheese was great and the steak was outstanding. Just the way I ask to be cooked.Special Features:
- Went here for our anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013Went here for our anniversary. Food was delicious, service was perfect.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2013We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Mark's. As always, the food is superb and the service responsive and gracious. We loved the grilled seafood plate - each item cooked just right. The family style serving of vegetables is a very nice touch. The ice wine was amazing - a rare find. An elegant quiet place for intimacy and conversation with excellent food.Special Features:
- Bad Fish CooksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013The fish dish, amandine something, was terrible. It was cooked through and through, and and tasted deep fried with the consistency of rubber and salt. Please send your cook to learn how to make a fish dish. And the waiting staff knows that their fish is bad but they're smart enough to stay out of your way while your still pick at it. A fine fish dish should have the fish be soft and tender, without added salt or spices. Why is that so hard?
- Super steaks, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2013I've had several meals here and they are always great. Super food, good service. Consistent and a great experience.Special Features:
- A great place for a Valentine'smghjwhDined on 2/14/2013A great place for a Valentine's Day dinner. The steaks were all tender, the veggies were perfect. It was quiet enough to converse. A fine experience.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Food was great. Service could use improvment. We were seated immediately but, after taking our drink order we didn't see our waiter again for about 10 minutes. After that he was slow in checking on us. Food came out quickly once we got to order.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013We very much enjoyed our dinner at Mark's Prime. We've been there many times and the food is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Great for a special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Great atmosphere, great and efficient service... ,the lobster escargo is fantastic..our steaks were perfect ...appreciated the complimentary valet parking ..Special Features:
- My wife & I both had mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013My wife & I both had meals that were excellent from start to finish. Chop Salad, Potatoes Lyonnaise, Lamb Chops, Delmonico & Bread Pudding all were terrific.Special Features:
- I don't remember waiter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I don't remember waiter's name but he was excellent, our reservation was for 5:00 pm, we had wine and steaks, excellent, we'll be back!Special Features:
- They accommodated our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013They accommodated our group of 11 beautifully! We had a wonderful evening and the food was delightful.Special Features:
- The lamb chops were delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013The lamb chops were delicious. Service was amazing and the atmosphere was very upscale. Will come back in the future.Special Features: