31 Great Jones
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivepointsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122535700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday - 10:30am-3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday - 12:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday - 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday- 5:30pm to 11:00pm Sunday - 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vic's
NOHO's Mediterranean-American where a "stream runs through the middle". It's "feng shui all the way" at this "sexy" "serene" find. Sumptuous fare is served with class. "It goes the extra mile to accommodate you."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vic's reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lovely brunchStevegugDined on 12/29/2013The food choices are somewhat limited (maybe 20 items total) but each dish was beautifully prepared and delicious. Noise level on a Sunday afternoon was very loud, full of good energy, but required some screaming to be heard. Reservations got us right to our table despite a long line at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/28/2013I went into Five Points for my anniversary expecting a great meal and a wonderful time with my wife. I left feeling like everything about our two hours there was tailored to us specifically. The food's outstanding quality made our eyes light up with a bite of every new dish, from the tenderest squid I've ever had to the simpler but irresistible pasta with broccoli rabe. The cocktails were a pleasure from first sip to last, and the desserts (a panna cotta that reminded me what a panna cotta is supposed to be, and pistachio gelato that a pistachio would be proud of) made us swoon. Maybe the best aspect of our time at five points however, was the atmosphere made by the people who worked there. We were treated like friends.Special Features:
- As good as ever!pickyeaterDined on 12/28/2013Returned after many years away from the area and found the restaurant to be as good as we remembered. Over the years, we have recommended the restaurant as extremely comfortable with delicious food at a very fair price, and we were not disappointed. The service was efficient and pleasant. The food lived up to our expectations. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bday dinnerRobertVIPDined on 12/22/2013We went with a group of seven. The service was excellent, very fast and attentive, but not rushed. Our entrees, consisting of pork shoulder and steak were great. Appetizers were also excellent. The pork and pea soup was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing!! WEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013The food was amazing!! WE had the lamb dish and the pork dish and they were both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunch; mediocre servicemodoDined on 12/22/2013The brunch (fish tacos especially!) was terrific. However, they would not let our party of three sit down without our fourth person (who was late) even though we were not planning to wait to order. I would think with a reservation, this should not be a problem. The dining floor is also super packed and waiters kept hitting my chair and jarring me throughout the meal because there was little room for them to move. Despite the food, would likely not return.Special Features:
- The food and service wereKateDined on 12/21/2013The food and service were both top shelf. Very friendly waitstaff. I was dining alone and usually get rushed, but not here. A hovering busboy was the only problem with service. It was a bit cramped and noisy, but what else can you expect on a Saturday night during Christmas week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant fits the billJonathanVIPDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant fits the bill for flavorful, well crafted dishes in an informal atmosphere. Wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Good cocktails, including a wonderful pickle martini, and an eclectic, not too too expensive wine list. Wine by the glass is poured at the table (a very nice touch) and the pour size is satisfactory. Over all, a very high quality experience in an unpretentious, casual atmosphere. Menu is a bit meat heavy so not much variety for fish lovers, but the chef is really expert at composing the limited fish entrees; in other words, what he(she) comes up with is usually very very good.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2013I fall in love with this restarant everytime I revisit it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with colleaguesCitygirl1Dined on 12/17/2013Great deal on the prix fixe lunch. Food very rich and delicious. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and tasty foodBillsyDined on 12/16/2013Perfect location if you want to see Blue Man group then grab a late dinner. Friendly staff who made us feel welcome and great food - the brisket was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousthevh1VIPDined on 12/15/2013I took a group of girlfriends visiting from out of town for brunch here on Saturday. Awesome choice of Bloody Mary's! I highly recommend the eggs rancheros - the portions are pretty big - I struggled to finish mine but so delicious! I'm glad I took my friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedlostinnycDined on 12/14/2013great, relaxed vibe. they're really into the holiday spirit. real poinsettias give a warm feel to the place. food was OUTSTANDING. the brussel sprouts were perfect.Special Features:
- My guests, who are not fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/12/2013My guests, who are not from NYC, got lost and did not arrive for our 6:30 reservation until 7:15. Our server was extraordinarily accommodating and ensured us we had time to order almost anything from menu and still leave the restaurant in time to make an 8 o'clock curtain at The Public. The maître d' made note of seating request and the wait staff could not have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal weekend brunch spotJamesDined on 12/7/2013Get the lemon ricotta pancakes. At first, they look underwhelming, but don't underestimate them, Very delicate, yet hearty at the same time -hard to explain so just get them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous holiday lights and decorJeanneVIPDined on 12/6/2013I love this restaurant, it's always a favorite. Now, in the holiday season, it is SO BEAUTIFUL, with holiday lights and greenery making it a warm, cozy beautiful wonderland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoonnylsDined on 12/1/2013very good food - friendly service - energetic atmosphere - excellent menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Improvement Neededhome2cookVIPDined on 11/30/2013Food was tasty but not presented to enhance. Service was kind of gruff and not fitting the atmosphere. Limited menu would prevent returning. We cook and want things that we don't do at home and sadly that was most of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great holiday dinnerMarshmallowpeepDined on 11/28/2013Came here for Thankgiving. The place was very busy but we had great service and the food was fantastic. Will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a disappointmentPearl88Dined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving dinner - Prix fixed $45. I enjoyed my meal but my companions were not as happy. The salad appetizer was mostly bitter leaves. As the menu was limited for the turkey dinner I think a more crowd pleasing salad would have been better. The turkey platter was a perfect amount of food, the Brussels sprouts were delicious as were the sweet potatoes, stuffing and the cranberry sauce. The turkey was boring and there was no gravy. So two smallish food criticism were not horrible, however our waitress was the saddest woman that has ever served me. She never smiled or asked me if I wanted more wine. Too bad, that alone colored the experience enough that we probably won't be back here again.
- Terrific restaurant in everyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2013Terrific restaurant in every way. Great food, generous portions, friendly service, amazing value. Always enhances a visit to the neighborhood, especially an evening at the Public Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchTrippDined on 11/24/2013A hidden gem that locals go to for weekend brunch....we have been here three times now when visiting nyc....wonderful breakfast menu....noisy when crowded but friendly staff and excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagnette LossdoubledatenightDined on 11/23/2013We started with the beets and the carpaccio - both were incredible. I am still thinking about the carpaccio. Both couples ordered the Butternut Squash Lasagnette and found ourselves a little disappointed. It was very sweet, and the description left you feeling you were getting something with more... brussel sprouts. It was a good dish to share, likely too rich to be eaten alone. We shared the panna cotta to finish - it was perfection. Really. Also, 1 oz pours of whiskey - a real treat to try a maple that I had been wishing to sample. Great service, wonderful time, maybe reserve the butternut squash lasagna for a side dish to be split among 4.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchALPSVIPDined on 11/23/2013Had a 1pm matinee at the Public Theatre. The dining options in the neighborhood for brunch / lunch are limited. However, Five Points had 11am for 4 reservation. Good food, good service, great pitchers of bloody marys, excellent coffee. We will return for brunch - and will try Five Points for lunch or dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundLisaDined on 11/21/2013Perhaps the best cocktails in NYC! Usually come for brunch. Dinner was just as impressive. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently terrificluv2dineVIPDined on 11/18/2013Whenever I have friends in town I bring them to Five Points. It never fails to impress. The Monday night lobster deal is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyItalianoVIPDined on 11/16/2013The burger that I ordered was delicious but the noise level is very annoying for old fogies like myself.Special Features:
- Always a winnerMookieDined on 11/10/2013Don't do brunch often, try to stay away frm the insanity of NYC brunch - it tends to bring out the worst in diners and staff, and food is rarely superior enough to put up with the half hr waits. But when I do I usually go to Five Points - they're so consistent in their food & amazing service. AND - you're not gonna believe this one - they actually honor reservations for brunch! Yes, they take the reservation AND when you arrive you're seated. Amazing concept in NYC. Food is really good, good variety & quality is there. Also they know they're way around Bloody Marys. Seems easy enough but not many restaurants use horseradish as well as blk pepper & tabasco.
- Great spotMarcyDined on 11/9/2013The restaurant was overall much better than if expected! Very happy with the overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for PublicDanaDishDined on 11/9/2013A perfect lunch/brunch choice when going to the Public Theater. Their weekend brunch manue has more variety than most places. The chef uses the best, local ingredients, prices are reasonable, portions generous. Waitstaff are most accommodating. Round booth near the front is great for 4-6. Crowd is relaxed and younger, noise level moderately high. Egg dishes like scrambled eggs with oyster mushrooms are different, the grass-fed burger outstanding. Pitcher of sangria is good choice on a kicked back weekend. A favorite for dinner, too, so do reserve.Special Features:
- Fun spot with great food...thekradeDined on 11/8/2013Fun spot with great food...the gnocchi is amazing!!Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable prices.kathDined on 11/6/2013Good food at reasonable prices. Went early because it can get very noisy and we were a group of four. Service was very attentive. Plates were easy to share. It seemed to be planned that way as the side of Brussel Sorouts was way more than one person could eat. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013I went there for brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food was amazing! The churros & apple bread are good for sharing. The churros melted in our mouth with every bite. The honey butter complimented the apple bread and scone. My friend had the wood oven roasted eggs which tasted like a lighter version of lasagna. I had the sausage benedict. It's not my favorite of the mea. The scone that came with it made the meal heavier than I prefer. We got seated (on time) when our entire party arrived. Our server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new brunch spot!Amanda2013Dined on 11/3/2013Coincidentally, the open table review request came at the exact same time I was digging into my leftovers from brunch yesterday! I'm glad to say that even a day later, the lemon ricotta apple pancakes are still heavenly! I was worried the lemon or ricotta flavors would be too strong, but they are very light - just enough brightness and zest. The ambiance was wonderful as well - the room was brightly lit and felt tucked away in the city. We saw the giant churros being served and instantly regretted not ordering them! I'll definitely be going back to try those and the savory plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite brunch spots!IlikefoodDined on 11/2/2013This is one of my favorite places for brunch - the pitchers are great, but so are the cocktails! I love the food - everything is simply delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet gem in Sohoanitashah0Dined on 10/31/2013We had a great meal at Five Points, mostly known as a brunch spot. It was the perfect place to catch up with an out of town friend and actually hear each other speaking!! The food (sea scallops for me; hake for my friend) was wonderful wholesome and delicious. The service was not overly aggressive. We had a wonderful time. Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large group for dinnerJoeRuxVIPDined on 10/28/2013We had a large group for dinner - 16. The ambiance is great and the menu was fantastic. Emily, our server, was the absolute best. With such a large group it could have been a hard night with one server, but Emily was just great. Very calm, very helpful, and very attentive. The table itself was a little small for our group and were really crammed together, but that is the only complaint and a minor one at that. We are so grateful to everyone there for a great night!Special Features:
- Good BrunchMegCDined on 10/27/2013The food was quite good. Not huge portions. Good solid spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchKaraVIPDined on 10/26/2013Amazing food, friendly service! The menu offers great variety - eggs, pancakes, french toast, great cocktail list. Try their scrambled eggs and buttermilk pancakes!! Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch favoritedowntownerVIPDined on 10/23/2013Always a wonderful prix fixe lunch. Ample portions, good selection and a good drink. We come here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.