468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: 2077743500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Paciarino - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (30)romantic (22)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- WowAcaron94Dined on 2/9/2014Very, nice and made for a romantic date. The service was great and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go!luvPortlandMEDined on 2/7/2014We had a very nice experience! Our waitress was very polite and accommodating. We were seated right away at the time of our reservation. We were served a simple bread plate with olive oil upon being seated which was tasty. The salami and cheese appetizer was delicious! My ravioli was clearly homemade and the filling was extremy rich. My bride's ravioli was cheese and spinach filled and was perfect. Dessert was gelato, which was purchased from a local store in Portland. Bottle of wine was served professionally and was very good. The waitress accomodated my food allergy discretely and professionally. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine list. CharmingEaterDined on 2/7/2014Great wine list. Charming and comfortable atmosphere. The best thing about it though is the delicious food. We had ravioli - 1 meat and 1 vegetarian and both were outstanding. This was my 3rd time eating there and every time the food has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find!!!!RecklessDined on 1/18/2014Everything from the wine to the food was spectacular! First time eating here and I think all of us wanted to lick our plates clean. Food was hot, fresh, and very tasty. Cannot wait to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!WeLuvWineDined on 1/17/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Portland Maine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood ItalianGreatimpastaDined on 1/16/2014We had a lovely weeknight dinner here. As expected, the food was excellent and fresh, and their wine list was full of good choices. Our servers were also great- friendly, fun, and knowledgable. A great experience start to finish.Special Features:
- Real Italian FoodHappyDined on 1/15/2014This was our first time at Paciarino's. We were not disappointed. We each had the Italian Salad. Fresh, crisp, lightly dressed and very good. We tried the Ravioli Milano and the Ravioli Ricotta Spinach. Both were excellent. Fresh pasta makes a difference along with high quality ingredients. Their traditional tomato sauce was the best we have ever had. Finished sharing a Tiramisu. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Our wait staff had great knowledge of the menu and ingredients. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Portland's Best Kept SecretsAmandaDined on 1/3/2014Paciarino is one of my very favorite restaurants in Portland! When I am craving quality Italian food, this is the place we always go. It is small and welcoming, and the staff is always top notch. Paciarino really focuses on quality instead of quantity. The menu is compact, but there is an emphasis on freshness and simple flavors. I have never had a bad bottle of wine there, and you can even take it to go if you don't finish it with your meal! Absolutely wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!luvfoodDined on 12/31/2013Very good! I've been here 3 times and never been disapointed. Excellent service.. great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE TreatLynseyDined on 12/31/2013We had a fabulous time celebrating New Years Eve at Paciarino! The food was soooo delish! The wine was perfect! The service was excellent! My favorite parts were the atmosphere and the olive oil covered bread which came while we looked over the menu! Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Cozy indeedGlobegalDined on 12/27/2013As advertised, delicious fresh pasta, cheerfully served in comfortable surroundings. Party of 7, all declared their meals (lasagna, ravioli, "small and welcoming" pasta) fantastico. Perfect level of sevice. Loved the amaretti cookie "mini whoopie pies" to complete a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very great service - foodDavidDined on 12/26/2013Very great service - food was awesome! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family MealJim2eatDined on 12/21/2013Took my family there for a holiday/welocme home meal... loved the ambience, food, wine... just felt like a faily night out in Mom's kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dinersDatenightDined on 12/19/2013We jots loved the food and the service was outstanding! Definitely going to go again!Special Features:
- A must try....Lucnup12Dined on 12/10/2013This was our second visit to Paciarino and we would recommend to anyone who loves freshly made italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta in a relaxed settingJstbobDined on 11/29/2013We wanted good food in a relaxed setting, not a "Big Night Out". This place was perfect in that regard. Authentic pasta dishes, made on premises pasta. It was not Americanized Italian food, nor pretentious stuff. There were couples toasting each other over cheese and wine ( great selections but few choices), a family with booster seat size kids, the whole scope. We got what we came for and enjoyed ourselves. The only down side was the wait staff seemed overwhelmed when it got busy, and we endured the dreaded forever long wait for the check. We will return.Special Features:
- Poor seating ,etc......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2013We made a reservation through OpenTable for 6:00PM. We got to the restaurant (which was very quiet and empty), yet we were seated at their worst table. It was bitter cold the night we went. They seated us next to the door with a small glass partition and a heater. Every time the door opened we were the recipients of a cold blast of air. It was VERY unpleasant. Our waitress was efficient,but not particularly inviting. We would not recommend to friends, and we will not go back.
- Fantastic mealKOH1Dined on 11/17/2013My two gal pals and I wanted a special place for a Sunday night dinner in Portland and this was the perfect spot. Fabulous food, great wine, perfectly attentive and knowledgeable service and quiet enough so we could easily talk. Don't let the seemingly casual atmosphere when you walk in the door fool you - this is a true Portland gem! And save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait despite having resClonoDined on 11/16/2013This was the second time we'd eaten at Paciarino, and the food was once again fabulous and authentic. Unfortunately, just like the first time we ate there, we had to wait a significant period of time before being seated even though we had a reservation. Each time, we waited around 30-40 minutes for our table to be ready. Quite frustrating when you're on a tight schedule because of babysitters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNancieDined on 11/15/2013We went to celebrate a special event. Four of us all ordered something different - all dishes were excellent. Very delicious, nice presentation. Ingredients were all obviously very fresh and well prepared.Special Features:
- Excellent, as UsualtrolleymanDined on 11/15/2013We've been to Paciarino's at least a half a dozen times and when introducing friends to the Portland dining scene, this restaurant is a no brainer.Special Features:
- Beautiful!DannieDined on 11/11/2013My husband ordered the special, a porcini ravioli, and I ordered the maccheroni paesani. Both were out of this world. Pasta was perfectly cooked, the sauces were light and complimentary. The service was also great -- friendly staff, tentative, and informative. If we lived in Portland, we'd be back in no time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great spot!EricGDined on 11/10/2013My wife and I went to Paciarino Sunday night on an overnight stay in Portland last weekend. The food is very fresh, very simple, legit Italian food. They take the food very serious and it shows. The bruschetta was on point and my wife's salad was fresh as can be. She got the bolognese tagliolini and I got the ravioli Milano, both were perfect. The atmosphere was great for conversation and well lit. The location was very conveinient to our hotel. Try this restaurant any time for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night outPifpogDined on 11/10/2013We have been to this restaurant before and it never disappoints.The food is excellent and it has a nice neighborhood to feel to it. However, you do get what you pay for as most meals run around $15 to $20 each, so we go there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of Italy in Cozy Comfort!ChristopherDined on 11/9/2013If you enjoy home made pasta, eating in an environment which is welcoming and warm, this is the place! The wine list is ample with quality choices at reasonable prices. We've eaten here twice with a year in between (we travel to Portland for a three day weekend vacation) and the wait staff is the same (always a good sign!) - don't you always remember an excellent waitress or waiter? It really is the closest thing to actually eating in Italy, no rush, every dish home made and the feel of a cozy home dining room. The room is candle lit, tables are wooden (no table cloths), portions are just right, and it's all about the food. The chef offers specials that are delectable, combinations of flavor that don't wear out while eating the dish. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good night with friendsFridayNightFunDined on 11/9/2013The service was great and friendly. The food was awesome. We didn't feel rushed and it was a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerScott56Dined on 11/6/2013Been 4 or 5 times, it never disappoints, authentic italian food with a nice wine selection. Good place for a date or couples, a little too intimate for small kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food but limited selection.eternallytnbDined on 11/2/2013All of the ingredients were fresh and tasty but I was disappointed with how limited the menu was. The ambience was a little bit shabby for the prices. They really need to repaint their walls. The service was very friendly and knowledgeable but slow. I was surprised that they didn't have a full bar. Most notably for Open Table diners their menu prices do not match what is listed on the menu here. Each item is several dollars more that what is listed here. All of the food that we tasted was good but a bit underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to spotPortlandFoodieDined on 11/1/2013Outstanding, simple, consistent, delicious. Paciarino is a world-class restaurant in a small city; you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening in TuscanyAllemarDined on 10/26/2013We dined at Peciarino with our family of 6 adults. We were celebrating our daughter's 24th birthday. We were thrilled with our dining experience at Peciarino. The food was excellent, our waitress was friendly and efficient and the ambiance was warm and welcoming. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our first choice !PamceDined on 10/26/2013We keep going back for great Italian food, knowledgable waitstaff and everything we have had so far has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great walk-by find on our trip!JessDined on 10/13/2013My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our 1 year "anniversary" this year. What a great find! The pasta is all homemade and delicious, and the atmosphere is like being right in the kitchen of a large Italian family--a little loud, but fun and energetic--not too loud to have a conversation between three or four people. The waitress was helpful and even rushed over to tell me they were almost out of the most popular dish so I could order it before it was too late. I had a fantastic goat cheese ravioli, half a bottle of wine, and a wonderful evening here :). Just be sure to make a reservation here--it generally fills up quick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and CasualTomPDined on 10/13/2013Outstanding experience ...........would recommend to all who visit the City of Portland......make a reservation and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good butPickandchooseDined on 10/4/2013Had a reservation at 800p, only time open. Waited for 30 minutes to be seated and was seated in no particular order, not in order arrived. Waitress was charming. Food good. Very limited selection on non alcoholic drinks which was disappointing. Wanted to go back as they sell their food frozen for take home. web site said they are opened everyday, but on Sunday a rather rude man said to come back at 500p. Too bad for them as I was leaving town. Whole wait staff could use some personality but I guess they think their food should be enough.Special Features:
- Italian filled pastas done right!XIIARTDined on 10/3/2013early dinner reservation 6 pm. A few other diners, candlelight and quiet.Three pasta dishes: Ricotta&Spinach Ravioli-al dente pasta, a 'light' filling, nutmeg perfects the combination, sauce was fresh w/ garlic notes and a mild sweetness; Lasagna Bolognese-layers of a wonderfully thin pasta, vegetables, ground meats & fresh tomato sauce. The sauce (or meats in the sauce) includes spice notes that were pleasant-Clove?; Butternut Squash Ravioli with Balsamic Reduction - the same great al dente ravioli w/ a squash filling, well prepared, a bit too sweet w/ excess balsamic reduction.Sicilian Red (Nero D'Avola?) paired nicely w/ the entrees. By the time we left, a waiting line for tables, the atmosphere very active & the noise level had risen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb local "real" ItalianVTfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2013Always "delighted and surprised" at the wonderful and inexpensive pasta dishes. Fun, casual, environment, but a professionally managed restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent, excellent food!ExcellentDined on 9/26/2013Excellent, excellent food! I will definitely try to eat here whenever I am in Portland, Maine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MERAVIGLIOSO!!CHRISMPARKERVIPDined on 9/21/2013Dinner was an absolute joy beginning with the prompt seating at our reservation time of 730, the courteous waitress, and the delicious homemade pasta. I enjoyed the Lobster w/ pasta special. Desert was a must have Lemoncello and sorbet!! This was only my second time here; I will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise kills a dining experienceYarmouthiansDined on 9/21/2013Warm friendly service, hearty (if not delicate) food, and a bustling atmosphere. Unfortunately too bustling - the acoustics were so loud that I had to strain to carry on a conversation with my wife. Call me an old fuddy- duddy, but pleasant conversation is an important part of a good dining experience.
- If you love ravioli this is it!BjnicholsonDined on 9/21/2013Wonderful Italian bistro for pasta lovers. They feature handmade ravioli and almost all ingredients are locally sourced or imported from Italy. The wait staff are friendly and know their stuff as far as the wine list. The space is small and tables are close. That's not an issue for me but could be for others. You definitely need a reservation! We had a reservation for 6:30 but had to wait at least 15 minutes. Great place overall I would definitely go back just for the goat cheese filled ravioli !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.