468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: 2077743500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Paciarino - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (30)romantic (23)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Better than Ever!KaseyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Beginning with the bread and excellent olive oil, everything was superb! The house made pasta is the best. Our server, Sarah was perfect---attentive, but never hovering. Paciarino is one of the most underrated restaurants in Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave our table awayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014Looks like a nice restaurant. We called and were running 15 minutes late. They said they would hold the table. The staff was unfriendly when we arrived. States no one had "made a note" of our reservation and they had given our table away.
- Great spot!frommaineDined on 5/22/2014excellent pasta all freshly made. bread with olive oil is addicting. one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Big Table Heads UpRandRVIPDined on 5/20/2014So went went back for a second time in a week this trip....we never do that. We haven't had a bad meal in Portland we live in Atlanta and before that Chicago, two great food cities, yes Atlanta really is. Anyway, great food, friendly service. They did have a table of 13-14 I counted and clearly that was a challenge for them. There was a little chaos in serving that table and some delay between everyone getting their entree. But look at the restaurant, it's a small neighborhood trattoria. So don't go in a hurry and understand your surroundings I guess. We will be back next trip.Special Features:
- The following 641 reviews are from the Paciarino reviews archive.
- Italian GemWhalen189Dined on 5/18/2014We were looking for some great Italian food when we made the reservation and we were not disappointed. Food was great and we were given a very special table near the front. It was very busy but we were in no hurry and enjoyed our visit immensely.Special Features:
- AuthenticspikeDined on 5/17/2014This is my second time here and I intend to make it a stop every time I visit Portland. The owners are from Italy so they know something about food. The prices are also very reasonable. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They tried and succeeded!DiscerningVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had an 8pm reservation but were disappointed and increasingly frustrated when we were left waiting for 40 minutes for a table. The management was very apologetic and made up for it with 4 free glasses of wine and also asking a party of 2 to move to the bar so they could finally seat us. The menu, as expected, is very limited with a few homemade pastas and sauces. Our salads were quite fresh, good size and very satisfying. We all ordered ravioli which were very good and really were "homemade." I know because I make my own myself. The sauces, pomodoro & bolognese, were wonderful and we left very happy to have tried Paciarino. We will return to try other dishes but hope they will supplement their menu with more to keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and priceRandRVIPDined on 5/16/2014Tasty simple home made pasta and other Italian food at a good price and friendly service. Jennifer our server was fun and knowledgeable. Not a complex menu but I'm a fan of do just a few items very well. We will be back next time we are in Portland. We have paid a lot more for a lot less. I had the ravioli with bolognese, my wife had the spaghetti, spicy. Add a bottle of wine and perfetto!Special Features:
- Never a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014We've been going since they opened. Always great staff and wonderful food
- Best pasta I have ever eatenfoodphotog1Dined on 5/11/2014Not long ago returning from a week-long business trip to Italy, I was skeptical about finding authentic Italian here in Maine that could begin to compare. Not only did it compare, the dining experience with the pasta and Bolognese I had at Paciarino EXCEEDED any similar experience I had in the home country. It is so AMAZING to have REAL HAND MADE pasta cooked al dente with delicious sauce. How something so simple can be so good. These folks KNOW Italian and do it right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2014this is a small restaurant. a group of about 20 20something came in moved tables around and took over the restaurant. Once assumes they had reservations but the restaurant was not set up for them. The noise couild have been mitigated by have their tables arranged ahead of time toward the rear of the restaurant, but instead they independently took over the entire place. The food as OK, presentation suffered I assume from the business of the group.
- ArtFoodie25702Dined on 5/9/2014The food at Paciarino was AMAZING! It was truly art on a plate. The service was great. It was the best meal I ate while I was in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pasta!PortlandMaineDinerDined on 5/6/2014The pasta and sauces are incredible! I've been a few times, and each time I want to lick my plate, it's so delicious. The space is not large, make a reservation! Wait staff is friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Never disappointsGilbertDined on 5/2/2014Love it each time we come and almost always buy from their freezerSpecial Features:
- Pricier, but still excellentilenererDined on 5/2/2014The quality of food was excellent. However, the prices have definitely risen and I may stick to lunch in the future. I had the spinach ravioli Bolognese (my favorite dish there, but the nutmeg was less in evidence this time and I prefer it with more.) Even so, it was delicious as always. Be warned that the Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperoncino is HOT. The first few bites are heavenly, but after you've eaten about half, it becomes inedible except to those who really like a fire in their mouths. No one I know has been able to eat more than three quarters due to the level of heat. The meat ravioli special was divine. The crostini and simple salad starters were wonderful as always. If you have a hankering for pasta, Pacciarino can't be beat.Special Features:
- Little ItalySisterVIPDined on 4/27/2014An intimate little place serving excellent Northern Italian food, meticulously prepared and genuinely authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FantasyMmmmmDined on 4/25/2014Absolute perfection. Like a bistro you might find in Italy.Special Features:
- Always amazingItsmereallyVIPDined on 4/25/2014We are huge fans of Paciarino! We started going there since they opened and have never,ever been disappointed. We bring family and friends, we stop in whenever we are in town. The staff is wonderful and the food is beyond amazing! There is nothing like fresh pasta - and they use fresh ingredients in everything they make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot in Portland MainegaryantiDined on 4/19/2014I enjoyed my first dining experience at Paciarino's. I received a warm greeting when I arrived and my table ready and waiting for me. The waitress was very friendly and professional. What I liked most was the laid back atmosphere. We enjoyed bread while waiting for our food and felt very relaxed the whole time. I had the Spaghetti aglio olio e Peperoncino and it was incredible. The spaghetti was lite, with just the right amount of olive oil and garlic with a slight kick of spice.Special Features:
- Wonderful WaitstaffDiningDuoVIPDined on 4/17/2014Great little neighborhood Italian eatery, very good food with exceptional service. Our waitress Lauren made the experience even more special, her attentiveness and warm personality is something we have not had from waitstaff in a long time. Her recommendations on food were spot on from the Buffalo Mozzarella to the ravioli. I highly recommend this nice little corner eatery and if you are fortunate enough to have Lauren your experience will be memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Though a little pricey, theCoryDined on 4/3/2014Though a little pricey, the food was all fresh and absolutely delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade ItalianLuluDined on 3/28/2014Simple menu, must like marinara to eat here. Quiet, good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homemade pasta is the bestexperiencedinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014Ate here while visiting portland. It was recommended by an executive chef of another local place, that says it all. The homemade pasta was great my group had the lasagna, tagliatini bolognese both were excellent. Tried many of the appetizers as well. This place will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Portland goes ItalianvodvoxVIPDined on 3/22/2014I was visiting Portland with my wife for a long weekend . We received a strong recommendation to visit Pacairino by the Portlsnd Harbor Hotel staff. We were pleasant surprised to find an authentic Italian food. It's a gem in a city dominated by seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014This is a great place to dine and the food is the best great pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pastaPeggyDined on 3/22/2014Paciarino is small with a rustic setting. The pasta, made fresh daily, is wonderful and tastes unlike any other pasta I've had. What doesn't sell is frozen and available for purchase. The sauces are as authentic and delicious. While the menu selection is limited, the quality and flavor leaves me planning a return visit each time I have been there. It appears to have a loyal following as it is sometimes hard to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryTheresaDined on 3/21/2014Homemade pasta, sauces made from scratch - what could be better! I'll tell you what, the fact that you can take home some of their products that are made fresh and stored in refrigerator on premises - that's what! Delicious, perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, great wine that paired just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!APAPDined on 3/15/2014The food was truly wonderful and the entire experience was lovely. I ordered the Goat Cheese Ravioli and the red sauce was so incredibly fresh. I would ask for some red pepper next time, just because I like it spicy. We had the amaretto cookies for dessert and they were heaven! The staff was super knowledgeable and very casual and friendly! We have added this to one of our top favorites for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will return...ZoomerDined on 3/15/2014The ambiance and food was excellent....our waitress ( a college student from USM) was excellent. Overall a great experience - thank you all.Special Features:
- Amazing Food For a Romantic DateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We were staying at the Portland Harbor Hotel and decided to give this cute Italian place a go. The food was delicious and the service was superb. Would definitely recommend for a quiet date night!Special Features:
- Catching up with a pal...theLocalGalDined on 3/6/2014Catching up with a pal...the waitress was friendly, agreeable, made great suggestions, and not at all pushy or irritated. The restaurant was quiet (during restaurant week & not on the list), great for us! The food was, as always, delicious, generous portion, fair price.Special Features:
- The surprise of tasteLovePortlandMaineDined on 3/2/2014I overate but Id do it again. I arrived in "already full from lunch state" and didnt expect to do ore than pick at my food. But the tastes laced into the main dish were much too addictive for me to do anything but lay the plate bare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked Lunch BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014This was our first time having dinner at Paciarino after having had a number of very fine lunches there. I do think the food is very good, but I prefer their lunch offerings and the way food is presented then. If I had had dinner there first I would not go back for lunch. Now, I will only go there for lunch.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We fell in love with this restaurant the first time we came to Portland, and won't eat anywhere else! Food and service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Excellent mealHinezyDined on 2/16/2014I have been here numerous times and the food is outstanding..right portions, excellent wait staff who are very friendly and always busy. I always want to order 3 meals because I can never make up my mind. Not a fancy place but great food for your buck..can't go wrong eating here. We were there on Feb 16, 2014..Special Features:
- UNREALMandruDined on 2/14/2014Fantastic food and great service at a reasonable price. Would go again in a heartbeatSpecial Features:
- WowAcaron94Dined on 2/9/2014Very, nice and made for a romantic date. The service was great and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go!luvPortlandMEDined on 2/7/2014We had a very nice experience! Our waitress was very polite and accommodating. We were seated right away at the time of our reservation. We were served a simple bread plate with olive oil upon being seated which was tasty. The salami and cheese appetizer was delicious! My ravioli was clearly homemade and the filling was extremy rich. My bride's ravioli was cheese and spinach filled and was perfect. Dessert was gelato, which was purchased from a local store in Portland. Bottle of wine was served professionally and was very good. The waitress accomodated my food allergy discretely and professionally. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine list. CharmingEaterDined on 2/7/2014Great wine list. Charming and comfortable atmosphere. The best thing about it though is the delicious food. We had ravioli - 1 meat and 1 vegetarian and both were outstanding. This was my 3rd time eating there and every time the food has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find!!!!RecklessDined on 1/18/2014Everything from the wine to the food was spectacular! First time eating here and I think all of us wanted to lick our plates clean. Food was hot, fresh, and very tasty. Cannot wait to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.