468 Fore St
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paciarino.com/
- Phone: 2077743500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sat: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tue-Sat: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enrico Barbiero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call 207-774-3500
- Special Events: Paciarino is availably for private events. Please call for details - (207) 774-3500.
A word from Paciarino
Welcome to Paciarino, an authentic Italian dining experience where fresh pastas and sauces are made daily. Paciarino was opened in December of 2008 by Fabiana De Savino and Enrico Barbiero. They decided to move their family from Milano to Maine to start a new chapter in their lives and to bring authentic Italian cuisine to the Old Port. Since their opening they have been written up in the Boston Globe, The Phoenix, Portland Magazine, and numerous online periodicals all raving about the Paciarino dining experience. Fabiana and Enrico would like to invite you to stop by 468 Fore Street in Portland so you can experience it for yourself. Come in to sit and eat in the restaurant or just take some to go! A Presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Paciarino - Best Restaurants in Portland ›
Paciarino reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (30)romantic (22)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2010Food was excellent, service excellent. Ihad the same appetizer that I had afew days earlier but it was much smaller.Noisy children nearby took some of the enjoyment out of the dining experience.We intend to go to Paciarino often as we enjoyed both of our visits there.Special Features:
- Some of the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2010Some of the best Italian food I've ever had! Delicious.
- You absolutely feel like youOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/21/2010You absolutely feel like you are dining in a family restaurant in MIlan. The pasta and sauces are extraordinary in both taste and authenticity. Dinner at Paciarino will make any trip to Portland worthwhile.Special Features:
- This place is all about theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/19/2010This place is all about the pasta. If you can get over the fact that there all entrees are pasta dishes (which I easily did), then you will love this place. Cheese plate was awesome, salad was perfectly dressed, pasta and sauce was so fresh and simple yet still had layers of flavor. Fantastic lasagna.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2010The food was delicious and they were huge portions!Special Features:
- I found this wonderful restaurantJohnDined on 8/14/2010I found this wonderful restaurant on an internet search of Portland restaurants. What a terrific find it was. The scratch made ravioli were perfectly stuffed with gloriously fresh ingredients which my entire family enjoyed. Was especially impressed by the Porcini stuffed and Pesto stuffed ravioli in butter sauce. The wine list is not very long long, but what they have went very well with our respective dishes. Many of the wines on the list can be had by the glass. I would highly recommend Paciarino to any of my friends and acquaintances. What a marvelous experience in a heavily seafood city!!!Special Features:
- Definitely authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2010Definitely authentic Italian cooking and fresh homemade pasta! Delightful surroundings and excellent service. The Porcini mushroom raviolis with walnut butter sauce were delicious and not a drop was left our plates.Special Features:
- Walked by this relativelyFunandfoodPhilDined on 8/5/2010Walked by this relatively new restaurant and saw they featured "pasta made on the premises". We were not disappointed. The food, service and price made this an excellent choice. We will visit again when we return to Portland.Special Features:
- The lightest pasta and freshestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2010The lightest pasta and freshest sauce I have ever tasted. Definitely worth a visit, husband and wife owners extremely friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- Best pasta we have had anywhwereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2010Best pasta we have had anywhwere outside Italy! Friendly, helpful, efficient service. Fair prices. Excellent, non-wallet-breaking wine list. A reason to visit Portland.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2010The food was great and the service even better. Can't say enough good things about the owners and the waitstaff!
- Paciarino has mastered simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2010Paciarino has mastered simple italian cuisine!! Their sauces are exquisite, especially the bolognese. A must in Portland.Special Features:
- I don't know why everyonewoodyDined on 7/31/2010I don't know why everyone is raving about this place. Probably because they feel like they're supposed to. It should be called The Ravioli Room. Very limited menu, tiny portions of appetizers, not very generous entrees. My friend had one ravioli, I had another and we couldn't tell the flavors apart, even though they had different fillings. This place is way too pricey to be this mediocre. 14 and 16 bucks for so-so pasta? Go get fresh pasta at any grocer's and add your favorite sauce, it'll be as good or better. If you want to spend money out, pick any of Portland's numerous restaurants where they make it better than you can at home.
- REAL FOOD, NOT FOOD PRODUCTS.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2010REAL FOOD, NOT FOOD PRODUCTS. THE EXPRESSION ON MY BROTHER'S FACE AS HE TOOK HIS FIRST BITE WAS ONE OF PURE JOY. THIS IS THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD I HAVE EATEN OUTSIDE OF ITALY. KUDOS ALL AROUND.Special Features:
- Memorable food - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010Memorable food - great service - and a very reasonable price tag. What more could you want? We were very pleased with the delicate, delicious pasta. My wife got a spinach ravioli that was delicious that evening and good the next day too. I got their unbelievable and unexpected lasagna - light, flavorful, really delicious. I ate the entire thing! For dessert we got little almond cookies soaked in coffee, filled with sweetened mascarpone cheese - fantastic with a rich cup of coffee. With one appetizer, 2 glasses of wine, 2 entrees, and one dessert, our bill was around $55. I've spent a lot more on food that wasn't nearly as good. We'll be back and take guests as well.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010The food was very good, but also very expensive. There are better restaurants in Portland at that price point.
- Excellent AND authentic pastaBusinessluncherVIPDined on 7/28/2010Excellent AND authentic pasta and sauces, Milan-style...molto bene! Our kids loved it too, and cleaned their giant plates of tagli with bolognese.Special Features:
- Wonderful housemade pastasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2010Wonderful housemade pastas & sauces. Excellent service. Delightful, unassuming spot.Special Features:
- Superb place .... The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2010Superb place .... The best pasta I have tasted in years!Special Features:
- Pasta-based small local ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2010Pasta-based small local Italian restaurant. Good prices, good wines by the glass, excellent and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Paciarino is one of the fewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2010Paciarino is one of the few places anywhere outside of Italy that you can get a real Italian meal. Everything was fresh and delicious. We had 4 main courses and all were spectacular and the appetizers were too. The service is friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is casual and comfortable. They even gave us an umbrella to borrow so we could get to our car in a downpour.Special Features:
- First, the ravioli was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2010First, the ravioli was excellent! Our table had several versions of it (seafood, cheese, mushroom) and all were delicious. Pasta was thin and fresh, all "stuffing" was superbly blended and almost melted in our mouths. We were disappointed in the apparent "attitude" of the owners, however. The menu and signs scream "don't even try to deviate from what is written here." A minor request to have the bolognese sauce on maccheroni (which is pictured in the restaurant's own publication) was not available that day, even though both ingredients were included in other dishes. The waitress's explanation: tastes are selected by the chef -- makes no sense if it is offered exactly that way at other times! There were other "don'ts" througout as well
- It's the food stupid--andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2010It's the food stupid--and the food was great. Predominantly a pasta restaurant Paciarino is delightful, my meal and all the other things were wonderful. I will go back in the hope it does not change. Get a reservation, you'll likely need it.
- Food is simple but amazing,PortlanderDined on 7/2/2010Food is simple but amazing, fresh, vibrant, and lot so flavor. It is what you would expect real Italian to taste like. We had the lobster appetizer special. Being from Maine, we were very impressed that you could make lobster taste so good in a unique preparationSpecial Features:
- It was the perfect place toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2010It was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. Wait staff was was attentive, enthusiastic and prompt. And the food did not disappoint. Loved the fresh bread and the lasagna. Reasonably priced and not American Italian, this is the real thing!Special Features:
- Superb Italian food in anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2010Superb Italian food in an intimate setting. A genuine find.Special Features:
- A great spot for authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2010A great spot for authentic italian food, and the wait staff is excellent!Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing food! SimpleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2010Absolutely amazing food! Simple elegance. You can taste the freshness! Can't wait to go back and try their desserts, we were too full from dinner.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2010The food was excellent! The special (a lobster dish) was wonderful, and all the ingrediants were very fresh.Special Features:
- The most delicious experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2010The most delicious experience we have had lately! Felt like we were back in Italy,Special Features:
- Easily the best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2010Easily the best Italian food we've ever had at a restaurant. The ingredients were incredibly fresh and the service was great. We definitely recommend Paciarino's.Special Features:
- We were delighted with theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2010We were delighted with the hospitality and service. The decor is colorful, lively, and energetic. The atmosphere was informal and comfortable and yet sophisticated. The quality and taste of the food was excellent. Our only disappointment was the small portion size of some antipasto dishes, e.g., the sample of 5 cheeses.Special Features:
- Paciarino is a wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2010Paciarino is a wonderful restaurant that fills a special niche in Portland. It is more reminiscent of eating in a small family-run restaurant in Tuscany (my only familiar local in Italy). The ambiance is simple, even rustic, with a few take-out items on display. The staff are down-to-earth friendly and the food is simple and extremely well prepared. The wine list is perfectly fine for such a small place. Paciarino transports everyday dining to a higher level.Special Features:
- Initimately small but hardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2010Initimately small but hard surfaces and no sound absorption let to us all listening to one noisy party and cupping our ears to hear each other at times. The porcini ravioli were wonderfully rich and flavorful. It would be a great place to get take-out from since the pasta is so wonderful Service so-so.Special Features:
- Our meal was served quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2010Our meal was served quickly and everybody in our party enjoyed their dish. We shared a dessert and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were appreciative that our server recommended that the dessert be shared since the portion was very generous. We raved about the dinner all night long and can't wait to come back to have another fabulous dining experience there!
- Owners are warm and friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2010Owners are warm and friendly. I really want to like this place but, after two visits, can't. Too loud, food not great, and service really poor, though friendly.
- Great food! Amazingly good,KeninCLTDined on 6/8/2010Great food! Amazingly good, and we were just amazed at the quality of what you get for the price. Definitely recommended - our server was wonderful and we had a great evening. The only downside is the lack of a full bar - beer and wine only, but there are plenty of places around downtown Portland to go for a before or after-dinner drink.Special Features:
- Food is good. Chairs extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2010Food is good. Chairs extremely hard and uninviting. If the owners do not want patrons to linger, they picked the perfect chairs.Special Features:
- I has the lasagna, fresh pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2010I has the lasagna, fresh pasta makes everyting tate betterSpecial Features:
- Paciarino is truly special.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2010Paciarino is truly special. It is classic, casual European, and just plain wonderful - all at the same time. We have dined here on three separate occasions, and would do so more often, but we live 200 miles from Portland, Maine, where Paciarino is located. The staff seems happy to be working here, the food is unfailingly delicious, and the prices are quite reasonable, particularly in view of the quality of the service, the setting, and the meals.Special Features: