10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: 2066913723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (19)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2013This is our "go-to" place when we want to go out for dinner before Storm games and other events around Seattle Center. We usually sit upstairs where it's a little quieter as the place starts to fill up (and Andrew is our waiter). Plenty of terrific American dishes, a few w/Asian flairs, plus pasta. Several appetizers combine to make a terrific dinner, too (mussels, crab cakes). Pork always well prepared, fish dishes and specials always good. Enough entree selections to satisfy a group. Shoestring fries yummy. Good wine selection. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect atmosphere!1stTimeInSEADined on 8/24/2013We had a great time here for a date night. It's a unique layout that's decorated perfectly. It's a bit upscale... so if you're OK spending a few extra dollars, excellent wines and food options await. If I lived in Seattle I'd be back more often... what a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Pre-opera dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013We had dinner before attending the Ring Cycle. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surprisephilVIPDined on 8/21/2013Though it would be pricy and snobby but not at all. Food is reasonably priced and servicecwas excellent. It's very close to the opera. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Tasty late night diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2013A tasty late night meal after the opera. Nice atmosphere, good location, good food and wine. We'll definitely return here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went after a movie at theFoodLoverDined on 8/17/2013Went after a movie at the Uptown. Parking was a challenge along with traffic, but that was the fault of "Hemp Fest", not Ten Mercer. This is a great find for anyone that has a function at the Seattle Center. Everyone in our group was really happy with the food. It seems very reasonably priced and good value.Special Features:
- This was the second time lastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013This was the second time last week we ate here and again it was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dinner here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2013We have dinner here before the opera regularly and are always pleased. They food is good and the wait staff always pleasant and helpful. They even found a place for us one busy night when I had mixed up my reservations. It's not too noisy, thank goodness, so we can talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayCheesefiendDined on 8/13/2013Food is hit and miss. Lobster risotto is good but overly peppered. Lobster claw pieces were really chewy, and some asparagus pieces were so woody I had to spit it out after chewing and chewing. Great concept, just not executed well. The 4 cheese ravioli fared much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ChoicecrosenycDined on 8/12/2013I came here after the opera. Since I had made a reservation I was greeted by name, and escorted to the second floor, where I was seated by a window, looking out on Mercer Street. All staff were very friendly and attentive. The heirloom tomato soup was delicious. The crabcake sandwich fell apart when I bit into it; the crabcake slid out from under the bun. It was messy, but it tasted fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Seattle OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013We wanted a restaurant with hours that catered for those of us attending the Wagner Ring Cycle at Seattle Opera and who wanted to dine beforehand. This is perfect, great food, welcoming and friendly service, on time but not rushed. I had the beef tenderloin medallions which were wonderful, my wife had the sole, and we shared the day's special dessert of pound cake with peaches and ice cream - delicious. We might go back if we have time on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten Mercer - review after 8 visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2013It is very close to the opera hall this is why we chose it initially. It was such a great place that we returned there eight times during the week before and after the operas (this alone should be a sufficient recommendation). The kitchen was open after 11 PM! The service was superb - after our second visit they even remembered our names and had our favorite spot reserved. We ate almost everything on the menu and the dishes were quite satisfying from salads through fish to meats. The atmosphere is relaxed - you can sit at comfortable tables downstairs, upstairs or at the bar. Some high tables face the street so you can see the action. The waiters did not rush us and we had many personal conversations. Big plus: no loud background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-opera findkarenDined on 8/7/2013Opened early for the 6pm times for the Ring cycle. Excellent cocktails and wine. We both had the lobster risotto which had nice size lobster pieces and good consistency. Excellent service too. Definitely will go again before McGaw performances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013We booked at this restaurant because it had good reviews and also it was around the corner from our hotel. It is casual and bright and open and its bar is a big attraction in the neighbourhood. The food was a bit disappointing however. We ordered salmon and asked for it to be lightly cooked which it was but they put a sauce on the side which overwhelmed the fish. We had been to Crow a few nights before and the comparison between the 2 meals made us really appreciate the salmon we had at Crow. Still, 10 Mercer is pleasant and lively and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good we went twice in 5 daysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013We were staying at an awful hotel in lower Queen Anne and were delighted to find a treasure trove of restaurants just a short uphill walk away. Our BEST find was Ten Mercer - I had mussels that were simply the best I've ever had anywhere. The rest of our meal was the same - excellent. It was so good that, at the end of our stay, we treated my sister and her husband and son to dinner there - and my sister is a Culinary Institute of America trained chef. She, too, fell in love with not just the mussels but the restaurant in general. Bravo!Special Features:
- Unexpected FindFoodieDined on 8/2/2013We picked this place primarily bc of location to Intiman theater for a pre-show dinner and we were very pleasantly surprised! They had a phenomenal happy hour deal on small plates and all the food we ordered ( tried a bunch of different appetizers)- was all delicious. The place was roomy with a downstairs size able bar and upstairs loft seating as well. The service was sharp and pleasant. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for before the shoazulitaDined on 7/25/2013We had tickets to see a show at the Intiman Theater so made arrangements to eat two hours before curtain and let them know we had tickets to a show after dinner. The staff who minded our table were amazingly prompt with our food, attentive with the water glasses and were whizzing around us brilliantly when we had the conversation wherein we realized that they thought our show was at 7:30pm and it was really at 8pm. Never once did I feel rushed and they did do an exemplary job of rising to the occasion. Once we realized we had PLENTY of time, they did a great job of switching gears, giving us a bit of time to sit back with our amazing desserts and our drinks to discuss the meaning of life for a short while without rushing the check.Special Features:
- perfect food, perfect serviceLindsayDined on 6/29/2013Jeff has been our waiter both times and we will definitely request to be seated in his section every time we come. This place does not disappoint! We sat upstairs both times, the first time as part of a graduation group, the second time just my husband and me. They graciously accommodated our needs to get our graduate to Key Arena by 6:00 by opening 15 minutes early! I had the flank steak salad, risking possible tough meat, but it was absolutely tender and wonderful. Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. When we returned the second time, my husband's lamb was divine and my sole was perfection. The service, atmosphere, and food, from appetizer to vanilla-ginger custard, was exactly what we needed for a romantic date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent preparation and tastejollyhDined on 6/24/2013The menu was varied and all dishes that four of us selected were great. The wine list was excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013Great place, outstanding service, noise level was a little high but we ate in the bar on a Friday evening, what do you expect? Can't wait to find an excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the lobster-stuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013We had the lobster-stuffed salmon special, which was excellent. Our waiter was delightful. I would appreciate a little lower noise level, but we could hear each other talk, so it was OK.Special Features:
- MercerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Nice spot on Mercer; a step up from the fast food and casual dining in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Very good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2013Decent food. Very good service. Desserts were too big and too sweet. We made a meal for two from four appetizers. The crab cakes were so-so, the mussels very good if a bit overloaded with sauce, the dates were interesting, the samosas were okay. the prices were quite reasonable. We usually go to Prelude when we go to ballet/opera, but thought this time we would try something different. Ten Mercer has better service. the food is not quite as good.
- Excellent Seatle Center area choicelemmegoDined on 6/1/2013Our group of four decided to try Ten Mercer before going to a ballet performance at McCaw Hall. The menu promises something for everyone, and prices are in line with others in the area. The ambiance is kind of industrial and minimal, but that was fine for our purposes. Each of us was very happy with our food. The restaurant splits a large salad between two plates in the kitchen, so each person receives an attractive dish. We had a 5:45 reservation, which got us to the theater at exactly the right time for the 7:30 show; others had come to the restaurant earlier, and 5:30 might be a safer choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the moment of arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2013From the moment of arrival until you leave, you feel welcome and attended by Brian Curry, owner, and the staff. Staff helpful in describing food selections. Attentive to timelines for those attending the cultural events after dinner. I held a private party at Ten Mercer and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!KatieDined on 5/31/2013We had only been to Ten once, for small plates, so this was our first dinner outing. It was wonderful! The food was perfect and the cocktails were delish! The upstairs seating was plesant and quieter, so we could have great dinner conversation! We will definetly be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for pre-film night4crabcakesDined on 5/31/2013I have had several small group meetups upstairs at Ten Mercer. Always very enjoyable, especially before going to SIFF across the street. I'm a Queen Anner and very much appreciate such a great place so close to home. The service is professional and the staff are very, very friendly. Highly recommend, but do make a reservation! They fill up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The remedy for a bad afternoonKarenDined on 5/18/2013We made an early reservation to allow for a leisurely dinner before the opera. We heard about lane closures on 99, so allowed an hour to get to dinner by 5. At 5:10 we called the restaurant to let them know we were stuck in traffic but on our way, and were assured that whenever we got there, they would take care of us. When we finally got to the restaurant at 6:30, they seated us immediately and took great care of us in spite of a crowd of diners. A rye Manhattan took the edge off, and great food and wine made it a nice evening out, in spite of everything. We enjoyed our dinner too much to hurry off so skipped the first opera and had dessert.Special Features:
- Seattle Center Pre Show DiningAmyKDined on 5/17/2013Ten Mercer is ideal for dining before a show at the Seattle Center. The food is good and service efficient. The fussy table next to us asked for substitutions for just about every dish they ordered and our server was patient and accommodating while still being attentive to us. We stuck mainly with appetizers and small plates which were all well executed. The front of the house manager came by to make sure our food was enjoyable, a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find.wsdinerDined on 5/5/2013We have walked past Ten Mercer numerous times between Seattle Center theatres and other dining destinations before or after a play. Finding a 20% off entrees coupon in our SSC ticket packet, we decided to give it a try. The four of us who attend together all loved the food, the atmosphere and the service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Long time favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2013We have been going to Ten Mercer for many years. Always great food in a great environment. Beautiful bar! It can get very very busy around show times but you will enjoy it either way! The beef tenderloin appetizer is one of my all time favorites. Mixed drinks are great and the wine list is perfect, something for every price range!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheerful, professional service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2013Cheerful, professional service. A solide menu with not too much 'frou frou', well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-SSC dinner!petsueDined on 4/26/2013Fabulous for a pre-Seattle Shakes dinner - delicious food and fast, gracious service!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner, thepattyjaneDined on 4/26/2013We enjoyed our dinner, the service and the ambiance. We chose this restaurant because of its closeness to The Intiman. The waitress asked us if we were on a time line. We arrived at 5 and departed before 7 which was absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- A Sunday dinner for twoEllynwfDined on 4/21/2013Quiet dinner for two on a Sunday night. Our waitress was very professional and knowledgeable. I had the lamb, husband the special fish of the day which was sturgeon. Both very good. Would definitely go back. Nice wine by the glass selection.Special Features:
- Great place to go before anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Great place to go before an event at Seattle center. The food is good but over-priced.Special Features:
- Perfect for repeat visitsBuddyoneVIPDined on 4/14/2013My second dinner at Ten Mercer and I will be back for many more. The decor is a fun comfortable warehouse/lodgy feel. Food is eclectic and wonderful. Unusual combinations, with a pleasantly surprising taste. Portions are perfect--not to big, but fulfilling. The wait staff is very attentive to the diner's needs. I come here before the theater and ballet, and they always get me out in time to make the event. The noise level is subdued. I and my guests can actually hear each other.Special Features:
- Restaraunt Week menu was aMikeyDined on 4/14/2013Restaraunt Week menu was a good sampling of regular menu items. Table service was excellent, but kitchen got behind and dessert was delayed. However, waitress kept us informed and offered complementary coffee service while we waited. The dessert was excellent and beautifully presented when it did arrive.Special Features:
- Ten Mercer was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Ten Mercer was recommended by the hotel we stayed at and as it was just around the corner, we decided to give it a try. It was absolutely fantastic. Our waitress was so personable and helpful. The food was wonderful. I have already told several people about it as a good place to go if they are in Seattle.Special Features:
- The flour less chocolate cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The flour less chocolate cake with caramel was heavenly. It went perfectly with my birthday!Special Features: