10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: 2066913723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (21)notable wine list (16)good for groups (14)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Learn to use saltOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2013Location and ambiance were great. Simply a beautiful restaurant. ... And then the food came, which lacked flavor and overcooked. Ended up grabbing burgers at dicks afterwards.
- Disappointing...TheatergoerDined on 11/8/2013I was really looking forward to dining at Ten Mercer. My anticipation was based on recommendations and the menu. I had a 5pm reservation for a 7:30 PNB curtain. Our waiter was personable and appeared to be personally acquainted with the table next to ours. Unfortunately, we did not receive the same amount of attention. Things started out fine, our appetizers were nice, but things went downhill fast as the room filled with pre-theater goers. We ordered a salad that never materialized and our entrees were disappointing. This is a bit unforgivable for a restaurant that prides itself on a pre-theater dining experience. We finished at 7pm foregoing a much needed post meal coffee. Overall, disappointing dining experience.
- Fabulous FoodEmmaDined on 11/6/2013I very much enjoyed my meal at ten mercer. The service was prompt and helpful.Special Features:
- Dine Around SeattleManyTastingsDined on 11/3/2013Another delicious dinner from Ten Mercer. Rainbow trout with intense spices and sauce for one diner, steelhead trout with lobster for the other. What a great idea, to offer the night's seafood special as part of the Dine Around Seattle (3 courses for $30) menu too! And lots of other choices on the prix fixe menu as well. After we mentioned to our server that we were on a schedule this evening, our courses followed one another in a very timely fashion, but not overlapping. And we appreciated the chance to taste before ordering when we asked about a wine that was new to us and to our server as well. Thanks again for leaving us with good tastes all around, Ten Mercer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but . . .TerryVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had an enjoyable evening and the food was very good. However, we were scolded by the waitress for not having giving a discount card to her at the beginning of the meal. Normally we remember this, but it was our first time at the restaurant in a few months. We will now think twice before going there again for dinner.
- Consistently GoodKathyTVIPDined on 11/1/2013Once again, Ten Mercer makes an evening out a special one. We split the Wild Green Salad (one of our favorites), and there was enough Spicy Chicken Picatta that I should have shared that with someone as well! The Steelhead special for the evening was a bit on the bland side, but perfectly done nonetheless.. The Chocolate, Caramelized Sugar, and Raspberry dessert was outstanding, but very rich. Excellent service got us to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DelightsJimMVIPDined on 10/26/2013As always, my recent experience at Ten Mercer was, as always, very enjoyable. Very nice service, excellent wine recommendation, delicious food . It's a pleasure to eat somewhere that knows how to take care of their patrons, doesn't rush them and pays attention to details - we could focus on our conversation and enjoy our meal without interruptions.Special Features:
- OK after operacostosVIPDined on 10/23/2013The main reason for going to Ten Mercer is that it serves reasonably good food, is open late, and is in close waking distance from the opera. There are so many really interesting restaurants in Seattle that Ten Mercer does not make it to our list of go-to places when in town. This is not to say that the food lacks quality - the smoked sturgeon appetizer we shared was (and has always been) an excellent preparation. My steak salad was good and her scallops were properly prepared. Our bottle of 2007 Andre Andrieux Cote Rotie turned out to be a very good choice from a more than adequate list. The ambience is comfortable and the bar scene is probably fairly energetic earlier in the evening. Nice room, adequate food, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but Not Greatpike1406Dined on 10/18/2013The food was OK but nothing to get that excited about. We got the beef tenderloin medallions and the crab cake sandwich. The tenderloin wasn't quit as good as it should have been - its was slightly chewy and coming from Texas, I know what good tenderloin tastes like and that wasn't it. The crab cakes where fairly good and would have maybe even been outstanding if they wouldn't have put horseradish or something like that in the sauce, I hate horse radish. The seating was some of the worst I have ever experienced. Chairs hard as rock and benches that makes your back hurt from the weird position it makes you sit in. They definitely don't want you hanging around for long...we ate and got out of there as fast as we could.
- Delicious Roasted Chicken!bellastellaVIPDined on 10/13/2013We tried Ten Mercer for the first time during Restaurant Week when we were visiting Seattle with guests from CA. The roasted chicken was amazing and we'll be back for it when we're in Seattle for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably delish!MrschadDined on 10/13/201310 Mercer's menu has achieved the elusive "something for everyone alchemy." Our party included a vegetarian, a low carb dieter, a health nut (pass the arugula!) and an omnivore. This afforded us a chance to try a range of interesting dishes, including steelhead, tenderloins, and ravioli. The restaurant is always accommodating, and happily subbed cauliflower purée for more starchy, carb-heavy side dishes. Dined here several times and it has never let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!ArtsguyVIPDined on 10/9/2013Ten Mercer is a consistently great restaurant. They are especially thoughtful about getting pre-theater/Opera patrons out in time ot make their curtains. Keep up the great work. Oh, and the food is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding ServiceChristiDined on 10/3/2013Top notch dining experience and outstanding service. Friendly and prompt staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKatieDined on 9/19/2013We had gone here for appetizers once, and thought it was just overpriced. So we tried dinner, and what a joy!! Nice and quiet, delicious food, excellent service! What a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers OnlyyummytummyDined on 9/11/2013I recommend this place for after work drinks and appetizers, which they do very well. We were underwhelmed by our main courses (steak salad and market crab-stuffed salmon dishes).Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!Boiler425VIPDined on 8/29/2013This is our "go-to" place when we want to go out for dinner before Storm games and other events around Seattle Center. We usually sit upstairs where it's a little quieter as the place starts to fill up (and Andrew is our waiter). Plenty of terrific American dishes, a few w/Asian flairs, plus pasta. Several appetizers combine to make a terrific dinner, too (mussels, crab cakes). Pork always well prepared, fish dishes and specials always good. Enough entree selections to satisfy a group. Shoestring fries yummy. Good wine selection. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect atmosphere!1stTimeInSEADined on 8/24/2013We had a great time here for a date night. It's a unique layout that's decorated perfectly. It's a bit upscale... so if you're OK spending a few extra dollars, excellent wines and food options await. If I lived in Seattle I'd be back more often... what a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Pre-opera dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013We had dinner before attending the Ring Cycle. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surprisephilVIPDined on 8/21/2013Though it would be pricy and snobby but not at all. Food is reasonably priced and servicecwas excellent. It's very close to the opera. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Tasty late night diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2013A tasty late night meal after the opera. Nice atmosphere, good location, good food and wine. We'll definitely return here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went after a movie at theFoodLoverDined on 8/17/2013Went after a movie at the Uptown. Parking was a challenge along with traffic, but that was the fault of "Hemp Fest", not Ten Mercer. This is a great find for anyone that has a function at the Seattle Center. Everyone in our group was really happy with the food. It seems very reasonably priced and good value.Special Features:
- This was the second time lastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013This was the second time last week we ate here and again it was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dinner here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2013We have dinner here before the opera regularly and are always pleased. They food is good and the wait staff always pleasant and helpful. They even found a place for us one busy night when I had mixed up my reservations. It's not too noisy, thank goodness, so we can talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayCheesefiendDined on 8/13/2013Food is hit and miss. Lobster risotto is good but overly peppered. Lobster claw pieces were really chewy, and some asparagus pieces were so woody I had to spit it out after chewing and chewing. Great concept, just not executed well. The 4 cheese ravioli fared much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ChoicecrosenycDined on 8/12/2013I came here after the opera. Since I had made a reservation I was greeted by name, and escorted to the second floor, where I was seated by a window, looking out on Mercer Street. All staff were very friendly and attentive. The heirloom tomato soup was delicious. The crabcake sandwich fell apart when I bit into it; the crabcake slid out from under the bun. It was messy, but it tasted fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Seattle OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013We wanted a restaurant with hours that catered for those of us attending the Wagner Ring Cycle at Seattle Opera and who wanted to dine beforehand. This is perfect, great food, welcoming and friendly service, on time but not rushed. I had the beef tenderloin medallions which were wonderful, my wife had the sole, and we shared the day's special dessert of pound cake with peaches and ice cream - delicious. We might go back if we have time on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten Mercer - review after 8 visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2013It is very close to the opera hall this is why we chose it initially. It was such a great place that we returned there eight times during the week before and after the operas (this alone should be a sufficient recommendation). The kitchen was open after 11 PM! The service was superb - after our second visit they even remembered our names and had our favorite spot reserved. We ate almost everything on the menu and the dishes were quite satisfying from salads through fish to meats. The atmosphere is relaxed - you can sit at comfortable tables downstairs, upstairs or at the bar. Some high tables face the street so you can see the action. The waiters did not rush us and we had many personal conversations. Big plus: no loud background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-opera findkarenDined on 8/7/2013Opened early for the 6pm times for the Ring cycle. Excellent cocktails and wine. We both had the lobster risotto which had nice size lobster pieces and good consistency. Excellent service too. Definitely will go again before McGaw performances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013We booked at this restaurant because it had good reviews and also it was around the corner from our hotel. It is casual and bright and open and its bar is a big attraction in the neighbourhood. The food was a bit disappointing however. We ordered salmon and asked for it to be lightly cooked which it was but they put a sauce on the side which overwhelmed the fish. We had been to Crow a few nights before and the comparison between the 2 meals made us really appreciate the salmon we had at Crow. Still, 10 Mercer is pleasant and lively and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good we went twice in 5 dayspatsykbDined on 8/3/2013We were staying at an awful hotel in lower Queen Anne and were delighted to find a treasure trove of restaurants just a short uphill walk away. Our BEST find was Ten Mercer - I had mussels that were simply the best I've ever had anywhere. The rest of our meal was the same - excellent. It was so good that, at the end of our stay, we treated my sister and her husband and son to dinner there - and my sister is a Culinary Institute of America trained chef. She, too, fell in love with not just the mussels but the restaurant in general. Bravo!Special Features:
- Unexpected FindFoodieDined on 8/2/2013We picked this place primarily bc of location to Intiman theater for a pre-show dinner and we were very pleasantly surprised! They had a phenomenal happy hour deal on small plates and all the food we ordered ( tried a bunch of different appetizers)- was all delicious. The place was roomy with a downstairs size able bar and upstairs loft seating as well. The service was sharp and pleasant. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for before the shoazulitaDined on 7/25/2013We had tickets to see a show at the Intiman Theater so made arrangements to eat two hours before curtain and let them know we had tickets to a show after dinner. The staff who minded our table were amazingly prompt with our food, attentive with the water glasses and were whizzing around us brilliantly when we had the conversation wherein we realized that they thought our show was at 7:30pm and it was really at 8pm. Never once did I feel rushed and they did do an exemplary job of rising to the occasion. Once we realized we had PLENTY of time, they did a great job of switching gears, giving us a bit of time to sit back with our amazing desserts and our drinks to discuss the meaning of life for a short while without rushing the check.Special Features:
- perfect food, perfect serviceLindsayDined on 6/29/2013Jeff has been our waiter both times and we will definitely request to be seated in his section every time we come. This place does not disappoint! We sat upstairs both times, the first time as part of a graduation group, the second time just my husband and me. They graciously accommodated our needs to get our graduate to Key Arena by 6:00 by opening 15 minutes early! I had the flank steak salad, risking possible tough meat, but it was absolutely tender and wonderful. Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. When we returned the second time, my husband's lamb was divine and my sole was perfection. The service, atmosphere, and food, from appetizer to vanilla-ginger custard, was exactly what we needed for a romantic date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent preparation and tastejollyhDined on 6/24/2013The menu was varied and all dishes that four of us selected were great. The wine list was excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013Great place, outstanding service, noise level was a little high but we ate in the bar on a Friday evening, what do you expect? Can't wait to find an excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the lobster-stuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2013We had the lobster-stuffed salmon special, which was excellent. Our waiter was delightful. I would appreciate a little lower noise level, but we could hear each other talk, so it was OK.Special Features:
- MercerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Nice spot on Mercer; a step up from the fast food and casual dining in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Very good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2013Decent food. Very good service. Desserts were too big and too sweet. We made a meal for two from four appetizers. The crab cakes were so-so, the mussels very good if a bit overloaded with sauce, the dates were interesting, the samosas were okay. the prices were quite reasonable. We usually go to Prelude when we go to ballet/opera, but thought this time we would try something different. Ten Mercer has better service. the food is not quite as good.
- Excellent Seatle Center area choicelemmegoDined on 6/1/2013Our group of four decided to try Ten Mercer before going to a ballet performance at McCaw Hall. The menu promises something for everyone, and prices are in line with others in the area. The ambiance is kind of industrial and minimal, but that was fine for our purposes. Each of us was very happy with our food. The restaurant splits a large salad between two plates in the kitchen, so each person receives an attractive dish. We had a 5:45 reservation, which got us to the theater at exactly the right time for the 7:30 show; others had come to the restaurant earlier, and 5:30 might be a safer choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the moment of arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2013From the moment of arrival until you leave, you feel welcome and attended by Brian Curry, owner, and the staff. Staff helpful in describing food selections. Attentive to timelines for those attending the cultural events after dinner. I held a private party at Ten Mercer and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.