10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tenmercer.com/
- Phone: 2066913723
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities: Ten Mercer offers semi private dining for up to 24 at the same table and up to 50 at separate tables. Receptions for up to 100 are also available. Private Dining room is now available. This lovely room seats up to fourteen guests. We offer a range of reception and cocktail events as well.
- Private Party Contact: Seon Masseno 2066913723x2
- Cross Street: Queen Anne Avenue North
- Public Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Non validated valet parking provided by Red Carpet Valet is available in a secure garage. $8 weeknights and $10 weekends. Limited availability, first come first served.
A word from Ten Mercer
World class cuisine meets neighborhood scene. Flavorful artfully presented seasonal dishes, classic cocktails and an award winning wine list served by a professional staff in this Queen Anne neighborhood dinner house. Located near top regional theaters, McCaw Hall and the Key Arena. Ten Mercer is the perfect stop after or before an event and even a better stop during one!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ten Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (20)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Meal Before Concerts at McCawKathrynVIPDined on 1/18/2014Delighted with the selection of food, ambiance and service during a busy Saturday night before the Opera. Very convenient to walk to McCaw after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Opera DinnerKitsapDinerDined on 1/18/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. We had reservations because we were attending the opera that night and wanted to be finished in time. Our server was very personable and attentive to us. The food was excellent and well presented and tasty. Filet Mignon was cooked perfectly and my wife enjoyed her fish entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemGerpVIPDined on 1/15/2014Ten Mercer is a great place for dinner before the opera. They are set up to make sure you receive your drinks and food in a timely manner. The food is always well prepared and presented. I would like to see them add a few more seasonal specials for variety as their menu items have not changed for a very long time. Nonetheless, it is always a pleasant experience to dine here.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised...again.KevinDined on 1/11/2014I have been here twice and have been nicely surprised each time. The food is excellent and the service and atmosphere follow suit. I would recommend 10 Mercer highly.Special Features:
- We went to ten mercer lastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014We went to ten mercer last year for NYE and thought it was great. This time, my food was dry, slightly overcooked. Our server forgot one of our appetizers, but was very nice and gave us a dessert to compensate. The desserts were also not very good. Essentially, the service was good but the food was unimpressive enough that I would not return. There are too many good restaurants in Seattle to repeat a mediocre experience.
- New Year's Eve Menu was greatFrancophile206VIPDined on 12/31/2013Special occasion, or just getting out to have a good time, 10 Mercer is always a fun place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveScudrunnerDined on 12/31/2013I took my gifriend here for a New Year's Eve dinner. Our original plans changed at the last minute so I was lucky to get a reservation at the last minute. We were treated exceptionally by all staff from the time we checked our coats until we left. The service was friendly but very professional, and we left feeling like we had been the only people in the restaraunt even through the place was packed. I had the rack of lamb and my girlfriend had the sturgeon and we were both very happy with our food. The only reason I didn't give five stars is I just don't like to give five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous new years eve dinnerEdmondsResidentVIPDined on 12/31/2013A terrific restaurant with great food and service. Nicely done and well managed for a busy holiday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious, allergy-safe dinnerCamila11Dined on 12/31/2013I love Ten Mercer for the high-class cuisine combined with staff knowledge of allergies. I have eaten there twice, and felt totally safe both times. I was amazed both times by the bountiful flavor of my dish....due to avoiding allergens, my food usually ends up simple and somewhat bland. Not so at Ten Mercer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, fast accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013Friendly, fast accommodating service paired with excellent food. They were very willing to accommodate special requests and split checks. The prawn pasta was a little bland and could have done with more seasoning. But the steak was perfect as were the other dishes ordered. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would enjoy experiencing it again myself. It's perfect for an after show drink or late dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ballet Night DinnerGcowDined on 12/21/2013Our server Steve was great. He was very aware of the schedule and let us know when we should order by to have enough time to make it to the performance. The food was delicious and the View of the space needle from their loft was amazing. We had that Lamb and Roast chicken, both delectable meals. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicePaulDined on 12/20/2013The four of us ordered three different dishes. All were delicious and beautifully presented. The service was especially outstanding. We'll be back here for sure.Special Features:
- Dinner before the NutcrackerSea13Dined on 12/13/2013Food was great! Had the New York steak which I cut with a butter knife, and the Stealhead Trout. Both entre's were generous, served with mashed potatoes & asparagus. Nice Ambiance, it's in an old building with brick walls and on the same block as the old hotel. The staff was very nice.Special Features:
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2013The food is always good here and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show placeLingchickDined on 12/10/2013If you're heading to a show at McCaw Hall or Key Arena, this is a good place to go for drinks and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eatery near Seattle Centerme4eatDined on 12/7/2013Spoil yourself and make a 10 Mercer reservation if dining before or after a Seattle Center event!! But event or not, dining here is a pleasure. Four of us recently couldn't believe how much we enjoyed the pleasure of dining at this Seattle gem. We could actually hear one another - remember the fun of conversation - as we savored great salads, fried oysters, pasta & prawns, roast pork, with attentive service. Regardless of whether you're a wine enthusiast or drink beer over ice, what's not to enjoy at this wonderfully reliable and comfortable eatery? And it's sufficiently affordable for many repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for winter weatherFrostyDined on 12/6/2013The restaurant is in a perfect location for attending the nearby performances on Mercer and has a great menu, but the evening was particularly cold and there was nothing separating the diners from the constantly open door. Most diners on the lower level had their coats on. If you are going to the theater the restaurant is perfect, it has valet parking and but a few blocks from your destination. But f you do go there on a cold night, I recommend you eat upstairs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time visiting queenmarieDined on 11/30/2013Second time visiting queen anne area and second time at 10 mercer and it was fabulous like the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten Mercer is Queen Anne gemBallardbelleDined on 11/30/2013We had a great dinner pre-theatre at Ten Mercer. It's perfect to start here for a wonderful evening out near the Seattle Center. Sophisticated but neighborhood-friendly. A real bartender to make cocktails; good wine list; and very tasty food - a winner and a keeper. We've been several times this past year and have always enjoyed the meal and ambience. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNadineDined on 11/30/2013The 3 entres and desserts were unique, local and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and great foodBridgetDined on 11/30/2013We had a marvelous experience at 10 Mercer after seeing a matinee at The Rep. Such a beautiful restaurant! It was a pleasure just to be there, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full houseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013We had a 5:15 dinner reservation and though the overall experience was pleasant, the service was quite slow. We had three pre-teens at the table and it would have been nice for their food to come quickly. We didn't get our food until about 6:15 but once it came it was really good. Next time we will order immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placetrinaDined on 11/29/2013Ten Mercer has been consistently good over a period of years, especially for pre-theater, opera, ballet dinner. Upstairs is wonderfully quiet, a rarity for Seattle restaurants these days ! Seared scallops were excellent, and steak salad was also good. High recommendation!Special Features:
- Great food, impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Great food, impeccable service and so close to McCaw Hall! The perfect pre-curtain dinner.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceJohnDined on 11/14/2013I keep going back to Ten Mercer for preshow drinks and dining because it is always a wonderful experience. Great food, terrific service, and fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect.brianDined on 11/11/2013I've been there several times now. This is my default for a special occasion, but I'll go there any time I'm in the area. Food is amazing. Sauces are fascinating. Service is flawless. I have had zero bad experiences. Every friend I have brought there has been impressed with the quality. Seems like the menu is slightly different each time I go, but the crab cakes are a standard item that should not be missed. A place like this could get away with being snooty, but instead the vibe is a neat mix of "formal but friendly". In other words, this place is nice enough that it's worth dressing up for, but friendly enough that you can still go on days when you didn't have a chance to dress up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Learn to use saltOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2013Location and ambiance were great. Simply a beautiful restaurant. ... And then the food came, which lacked flavor and overcooked. Ended up grabbing burgers at dicks afterwards.
- Disappointing...TheatergoerDined on 11/8/2013I was really looking forward to dining at Ten Mercer. My anticipation was based on recommendations and the menu. I had a 5pm reservation for a 7:30 PNB curtain. Our waiter was personable and appeared to be personally acquainted with the table next to ours. Unfortunately, we did not receive the same amount of attention. Things started out fine, our appetizers were nice, but things went downhill fast as the room filled with pre-theater goers. We ordered a salad that never materialized and our entrees were disappointing. This is a bit unforgivable for a restaurant that prides itself on a pre-theater dining experience. We finished at 7pm foregoing a much needed post meal coffee. Overall, disappointing dining experience.
- Fabulous FoodEmmaDined on 11/6/2013I very much enjoyed my meal at ten mercer. The service was prompt and helpful.Special Features:
- Dine Around SeattleManyTastingsDined on 11/3/2013Another delicious dinner from Ten Mercer. Rainbow trout with intense spices and sauce for one diner, steelhead trout with lobster for the other. What a great idea, to offer the night's seafood special as part of the Dine Around Seattle (3 courses for $30) menu too! And lots of other choices on the prix fixe menu as well. After we mentioned to our server that we were on a schedule this evening, our courses followed one another in a very timely fashion, but not overlapping. And we appreciated the chance to taste before ordering when we asked about a wine that was new to us and to our server as well. Thanks again for leaving us with good tastes all around, Ten Mercer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but . . .TerryVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had an enjoyable evening and the food was very good. However, we were scolded by the waitress for not having giving a discount card to her at the beginning of the meal. Normally we remember this, but it was our first time at the restaurant in a few months. We will now think twice before going there again for dinner.
- Consistently GoodKathyTVIPDined on 11/1/2013Once again, Ten Mercer makes an evening out a special one. We split the Wild Green Salad (one of our favorites), and there was enough Spicy Chicken Picatta that I should have shared that with someone as well! The Steelhead special for the evening was a bit on the bland side, but perfectly done nonetheless.. The Chocolate, Caramelized Sugar, and Raspberry dessert was outstanding, but very rich. Excellent service got us to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DelightsJimMVIPDined on 10/26/2013As always, my recent experience at Ten Mercer was, as always, very enjoyable. Very nice service, excellent wine recommendation, delicious food . It's a pleasure to eat somewhere that knows how to take care of their patrons, doesn't rush them and pays attention to details - we could focus on our conversation and enjoy our meal without interruptions.Special Features:
- OK after operacostosVIPDined on 10/23/2013The main reason for going to Ten Mercer is that it serves reasonably good food, is open late, and is in close waking distance from the opera. There are so many really interesting restaurants in Seattle that Ten Mercer does not make it to our list of go-to places when in town. This is not to say that the food lacks quality - the smoked sturgeon appetizer we shared was (and has always been) an excellent preparation. My steak salad was good and her scallops were properly prepared. Our bottle of 2007 Andre Andrieux Cote Rotie turned out to be a very good choice from a more than adequate list. The ambience is comfortable and the bar scene is probably fairly energetic earlier in the evening. Nice room, adequate food, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but Not Greatpike1406Dined on 10/18/2013The food was OK but nothing to get that excited about. We got the beef tenderloin medallions and the crab cake sandwich. The tenderloin wasn't quit as good as it should have been - its was slightly chewy and coming from Texas, I know what good tenderloin tastes like and that wasn't it. The crab cakes where fairly good and would have maybe even been outstanding if they wouldn't have put horseradish or something like that in the sauce, I hate horse radish. The seating was some of the worst I have ever experienced. Chairs hard as rock and benches that makes your back hurt from the weird position it makes you sit in. They definitely don't want you hanging around for long...we ate and got out of there as fast as we could.
- Delicious Roasted Chicken!bellastellaVIPDined on 10/13/2013We tried Ten Mercer for the first time during Restaurant Week when we were visiting Seattle with guests from CA. The roasted chicken was amazing and we'll be back for it when we're in Seattle for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably delish!MrschadDined on 10/13/201310 Mercer's menu has achieved the elusive "something for everyone alchemy." Our party included a vegetarian, a low carb dieter, a health nut (pass the arugula!) and an omnivore. This afforded us a chance to try a range of interesting dishes, including steelhead, tenderloins, and ravioli. The restaurant is always accommodating, and happily subbed cauliflower purée for more starchy, carb-heavy side dishes. Dined here several times and it has never let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!ArtsguyVIPDined on 10/9/2013Ten Mercer is a consistently great restaurant. They are especially thoughtful about getting pre-theater/Opera patrons out in time ot make their curtains. Keep up the great work. Oh, and the food is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding ServiceChristiDined on 10/3/2013Top notch dining experience and outstanding service. Friendly and prompt staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKatieDined on 9/19/2013We had gone here for appetizers once, and thought it was just overpriced. So we tried dinner, and what a joy!! Nice and quiet, delicious food, excellent service! What a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.