New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (136)great for lunch (77)good for groups (73)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (47)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (28)romantic (16)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- We can to NY to see a BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008We can to NY to see a Broadway Play & was looking forward to a great dining exiperence since we look Top Chef. Service was poor. Waiter was more interested in talking to staff then taking our order, filling up our water glasses, & asking did we need anything. Had to request for our waiter twice.The hostess was freindly & we purchased a cookbook. The only thing that will have me to come back again was the food was execellent. One food recommendationon - the bisquits were cold it would have been great for them to be warmed up since the apple butter was superb since I normally do not like apple butter. The Craftbar needs to work on execellent services since they have master the food.Special Features:
- This place is not worth visiting.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2008This place is not worth visiting. I read a bunch of bad reviews prior to goingbut thought I would give it a chance. To star the host forgot our party and instead seated 4 walk-in tables which further delayed our getting to our table. I had the duck bruscetta which sounded great but was so heavy on some sort of orange reduction, actually more like marmelad, that you could not taste anything else. The dessert was freezer burned and still frozen it was he rhubard and strawberry thing. The service was slow and seemed to be made up of NYU students working through college and treating it accordingly. Overall I thought the place stunk and will not be going back.
- I really enjoyed the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2008I really enjoyed the dining at this restaurant and appreciate great hospitality we received. Pork leg was perfect in heating, leaving center rose pink with warmth. My guest from Tokyo was very impressed with outstanding service and food. Definitely I come again!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2008We really enjoyed the experience. The food, wine and service were excellent.Special Features:
- We had an inexperienced waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2008We had an inexperienced waitress and had to wait over a half hour for our drinks(she knew nothing about drinks) and over an hour for food. The manager came & helped out, in the end it was all fine, but a long & late dining experience. The food was very nice, wine list was good.Special Features:
- We ate an early dinner (7pm)OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2008We ate an early dinner (7pm) and the service was very good at that time, mainly because the restaurant was less than half full. Once more people came in though, service slowed to a crawl. We wait for 10-15 min for our dinner after finishing appetizers. Once we got our check, we had to wait another 10-15 min just for change. I would not recommend going here if you're in a rush.Special Features:
- Great service. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2008Great service. Great food. Casual while also being special. Good mix.Special Features:
- We came to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2008We came to the restaurant late. It was OK, but I would not recommend the restaurant. Overrated.
- Got order wrong. Asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2008Got order wrong. Asked for condiments but forgot.Special Features:
- We had a very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2008We had a very good experience with the service at Craftbar. We were group of 10.5 (one baby requireing high chair), but the the restaurant gave us a nice table and service was good. I really liked the place and I will go back again.Special Features:
- The Sunday brunch was nothingmartyVIPDined on 3/30/2008The Sunday brunch was nothing memorable and the portions were a bit too small.Special Features:
- I thought that the overallOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2008I thought that the overall experience was good. The food was prepared as requested and reflected the menu / server description. The server was friendly but not too chatty and made appropriate recommendations. While there was not anything that stood out as spectacular, no part of the visit was disatisfactory.Special Features:
- 2nd time. Super food and value.GoodVIPDined on 3/29/20082nd time. Super food and value. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- The service was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2008The service was friendly, but not overly attentive. Server came to take our dinner order, and I had to ask him to first take our drink order. We waited a long time for our bill, and it was difficult to flag someone down. Server was not too helpful when we were trying to decide on what to eat, describing every dish as some form of "great." However, when I sent my drink back, the server was apologetic and replaced it immediately. Food was not memorable. Pecorino fondue is not fondue at all- rather it is just melted cheese that hardens quickly and is rather unwieldy.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at CraftbarKamMDVIPDined on 3/28/2008We enjoyed our dinner at Craftbar on a busy Friday night. It's a place where you have the option to keep it simple and low cost or step up the experience a bit by exploring the menu and wine list more extensively. We absolutely loved the pecorino fondue -- it's delicious. I enjoyed the fish stew and my husband liked his orriechette. Everything we had was tasty--absolutely no complaints. The tables are rather close to each other, but that's typical in NYC. The service was attentive but not rushed. We would go back to Craftbar as we found it to be a very good, casual dining experience.Special Features:
- Our waiters section was tooMltvDined on 3/28/2008Our waiters section was too large for him to handle.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008We really enjoyed our meal and it seemed as if all of the servers were really good except for ours... We waited 35 minutes for our check and finally another waiter or maybe a manager noticed us looking anxious and came to ask if we needed anything. We had to order our drinks twice to get what we wanted (and they weren't difficult cocktails...) and she also ordered the wrong dessert for us. When the foodrunner delivered it and we told him of the error, he said for us to keep the mistake and try it on the house, and as we were about to take a bite, the waitress came and took it away after it had already been left on our table! It was really strange! I'd definitely eat here again but would hope for better service.
- Even though I couldn't arrangeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2008Even though I couldn't arrange to get a reservation for the time I preferred, the restaurant wasn't one quarter filled. It made me wonder how accurate the system at open table is.
- I am never disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008I am never disappointed with Craftbar. The food is excellent and the various dishes that I have tried have delicately brought out the flavors. On my last visit I tried the Warm Frisée with Gorgonzola, Smoked Bacon and Poached Egg, then I followed this savory salad with the Pecorino-Stuffed Risotto Balls and Dry Aged Sirloin with Potato Purée, Roasted Onions —both of which I had for the first time—and I was happy with all my selections. Service at Craftbar is what one would expect to receive at a restaurant of this caliber. Craftbar is a great place either for a weekday lunch or an elegant evening out. I tend to dine alone, but have brought friends there to enjoy special celebrations, either way I would happily recommend Craftbar.Special Features:
- You need a category betweenshoshannaVIPDined on 3/23/2008You need a category between Good and Very Good, as you have defined them. I wouldn't call Craftbar "memorable" (although I do remember it) but three out of five stars sounds like a somewhat mediocre rating. Note that I am in the business of developing and reporting client satisfaction surveys, so this is based on some experience! I keep going back here, and I actually think that is a very important indicator about how you feel about a restaurant. So my strategy here was to give an "overall" very good rating.Special Features:
- Small plates, creatively prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008Small plates, creatively prepared. No pretense, no nonsense. Could have used a more modestly priced house wine, but what we had (by the glass) was very good. Desserts could be upgraded.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2008Everything was delicious and impressive, except the bolognese. Very below the quality of the other meals and appetizers we ordered. The wine list was a bit pricey for the price point of the food.Special Features:
- Great food in a casual atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008Great food in a casual atmosphere. It worked out perfectly for my group. Also I was very impressed that they were able to add additional seating after we arrived.Special Features:
- Service was slow, and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/22/2008Service was slow, and very much lacking in the attention to detail that one has come to expect from Craft and Craftbar. Also, portions seem to have shrunken (though prices have not), and food quality was a disappointment -- again -- something you wouldnt expect at Craft or Craftbar, where the focus is on the ingredients. I ordered the sirloin, and it seemed like a 1/4 of what you would normally receive. It was also quite tough. Red Snapper appetizer was more like an amuse bouche.
- Had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2008Had a wonderful experience at Craftbar on Saturday night. My fiance and I took my parents to dinner at the restaurant so they could experience the food and also see the private dining room, where we are holding our rehearsal dinner on Sept. 19th. The staff treated us extremely well - especially the Manager (Hayden) and our waiter (David). My parents were impressed with the food and the service, and we are all very excited for the rehearsal dinner party on the 19th. In fact, we are now worried that the food at the rehearsal dinner will outshine the food at the wedding! :-)Special Features:
- Food is excellent and pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2008Food is excellent and priced much lower than Craft but tables are closer together and restaurant is a bit noisy. Many people were dining in jeans and sweatshirts so the atmosphere is verging on too casual.Special Features:
- Any time we visit Manhattan,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Any time we visit Manhattan, we like to try new restaurants. When I'm dining with my children, I usually choose more casual restaurants such as Craftbar. While we in no way had a bad experience at your establishment, I doubt we'll come back or recommend it to friends. The wait-staff gave the impression that they could care less we were there. The person who came by (eventually) to take our dinner order was surprised no one had taken our drink orders. We ordered two appetizers for the three of us to share but they came after our salads. The waiter had no recommendations. The night before, we ate at Lupa and the contrast in service was remarkable. On the good side, the food was OK and the young lady who greeted us at the door was pleasant.
- A wonderful meal, served professionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008A wonderful meal, served professionally in beautiful if sparse surroundings. I usually find some element that I am displeased with whenever I dine out but everything was perfect at Craftbar. A truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2008Staff was very accommodating of our group of 7 people. We enjoyed the food (especially the small plates) and drinks, all priced reasonably for the great quality. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The food and wine were delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/20/2008The food and wine were delicious, the atmosphere was relaxed and the service was great. It was the perfect combination for a wonderful dining experience. I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- The food at craftbar was exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The food at craftbar was exceptional. My wife and I especially enjoyed the pecorino fondue with acacio honey and hazelnuts; definitely try it if you love cheese. The wine list was also more than adequate. Where Craftbar failed, and I mean failed with a capital 'F,' was in their service. I have NEVER had service as bad as at Craftbar. We were seated by the hostess, given menus by the manager, served drinks by another manager, and had our whole order taken by the first manager (our server did come by to take the drink order, but she did not tell us that she was in fact our server). The food came out in a timely fashion. At one point in the meal I had to get up from my table to ask the manager if we had a server because we needed wine.Special Features:
- The food was great! LookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The food was great! Looking forward to visiting other Craft restaurants.Special Features:
- The food quantity was muchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2008The food quantity was much smaller than I had expected. For such small quantity, I would have expected outstanding food quality, but it wasn't. Our waiter seems to stay away from our table a lot more than he did with other tables. It was difficult to get his attention.
- The apetizerds were great.WGACDined on 3/18/2008The apetizerds were great. The wine that was suggested was very good. The wait staff was very attentive and pleasant. The room was comfortable andappropriate noise level. I should have sent back my main course (Cavatelli with Bolognaise). It had been left out in the kitchen too long and was very dry and the pasta overcooked. But, alas, I was tired and didn't want to deal with it.Special Features:
- cold soft cooked egg and pungent,Happy2BinNYCVIPDined on 3/16/2008cold soft cooked egg and pungent, fishy anchovies on soggy bruschetta. service rushed. every two minutes approached the table to find out if we were still "working on our meal".
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008Food was good. Service was the worst I have experienced in a restaurant for a very long time. The place was nearly empty, plenty of staff were in the restaurant. The waitress never refilled water or coffee. Came back for the dirty plates after 15 minutes, and we had to ask for the check 3 times. Although the food was good (not outstanding, but solid brunch food), I will never go back due to poor service.
- I was very excited to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2008I was very excited to eat at this restaurant but the service was a huge let down. The food was good but having a bad server made this experience very mediocre for me. As a person who has worked in the hospitality industry for over ten years I had very high hopes but there were so many details that went overlooked by our server that it almost became annoying to finish the meal.
- While the food was excellantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008While the food was excellant and moderately priced, the drinks are really overpriced.Special Features:
- Food was very good, but portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008Food was very good, but portions were a little small. Ambiance was nice and quiet, despite it being a Saturday night. Very professional service staff, but waited almost 30 minutes to get our dessert. Compared to the plethora of other restaurants in Manhattan, it was middle-of-the-road as far as my level of overall satisfaction.
- Although I had an opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2008Although I had an opentable reservation, my party had to wait 35 minutes to be seated.Special Features: