New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craftbarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio; Chef de Cuisine, Lauren Hirschberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Craftbar can accommodate buyouts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The maximum capacity for a seated event is 110 guests and for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres it's 200 guests.
A word from Craftbar
Chef Luke Wallace prepares seasonal inspired dishes at Tom Colicchio’s casual Flatiron restaurant. The menu features a wide variety of small & large plates from Snacks, House-Made Charcuterie, Salumi, Artisanal Cheeses, Salads as well as Handmade Pastas, all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The rustic and comfortable dining room lends itself to a quick lunch where guests can try our Croque Monsieur, a full dinner of Choucroute Garnie and Ricotta Ravioli, or a snack of Pecorino Arancini and East Coast Oysters. We are also serving a soul-satisfying brunch with dishes like Pork Scrapple & Eggs and our Applewood Smoked Salmon prepared in-house. Be sure to save room for Pastry Chef, Abby Swain’s creations including her take on the S’mores Tart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Craftbar reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)good for groups (82)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (54)great for brunch (37)hot spot (36)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (20)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!MarshmallowpeepDined on 7/26/2014Great place to go and hang out with some friends and get some awesome food. Staff is attentive and helpful with questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding!grizgirlsVIPDined on 7/25/2014I don't know what was better. The food or the service. Fantastic dinner experience!Special Features:
- A great summer lunchRedCarpetFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Eating at Craftbar was a great experience. The menu was fresh and simple yet varied. Everyone chose a different course and they were all great. My favorite was the cucumber soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchsydbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went for restaurant week lunch; many good choices and interesting items to try. All delicious; Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchBilliamVIPDined on 7/24/2014CraftBar makes a great restaurant week lunch! The menu has no shortage of options, both appetizers (the risotto balls and the beet salad) were amazing. As were the entrees, (Burger and the Bolognese). The desserts were great as well! Also noteworthy was the service; fast, friendly, and efficient. It was a great meal!Special Features:
- Past it's primemrsCVIPDined on 7/24/2014Rather small portions. Fried chicken was meh. Salmon way too small but tasty. Had to request bread basket. Fonduta cheese appetizer no where near as good as in the past. Desserts -- blueberry pistachio tart great but the others? Eh at best. Ho hum for this restaurant. Perhaps Mr. Colicchio is looking at his other establishments far more.
- stapledssmokeshackDined on 7/24/2014Nice food, nice setting. Always seems like NYC restaurant food week is fine by me because the prix fix is a great deal. Mussles are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojoMoogyDined on 7/23/2014Craftbar is generally a good place to meet up with friends & business associates.Special Features:
- Positive overallTravelerDined on 7/22/2014Happy to easily grab a same day reservation. Service was efficient but not outstanding. Small plates / starters were excellent and interesting - entrees fine; well prepared just a bit one note- ish. Love the atmosphere - very warm and comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014This place never blows me away, but it is a solid choice for last minute meals without reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharing foodCyntleeDined on 7/19/2014We were party of 4 who all cook. We shared three appetizers and four mains and we all enjoyed the food tremendously. Veal meatballs was very tender. The wine by the glass list had many choices which I appreciated. Would come back again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunch evervicsevenVIPDined on 7/19/2014craft bar has excellent food and excellent service, we are always greeted with a smile and recognized for being "regulars" if it were up to my husband we would never brunch anywhere else. we have brunch / lunch here at least 2xs a month. We have invited friends and family who have gone back on thier own. Tom Collichio has the right formula or great food and great service. His staff/employees partners in this restaurant exude profesionalism and do him proud. Oh and the best breakfast bourbon ever!!!!Special Features:
- great casual diningbicoastaldinerDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a good place to eat Saturday brunch near Union Square, with a wine list that offered variety. I had been a Craft a while ago and had not forgotten the fabulous dinner I had there. Craft bar is just as good on a more casual level. We sat at the bar, each had a soft shell crab sandwich, which we both agreed was delicious with excellent potato chips on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its all good!!DTF1Dined on 7/16/2014started at the counter great bartender great appetizer. moved onto dinner with more insane wine and food !! Always a pleasure (although the space is always noisy, making it difficult to talk to your neighbor..) We will be back again and again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but watch your stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014This was a perfect little spot, good food and a friendly waitress. But. Being the last people out that night, we forgot a phone. Next morning, there was no trace of it and the usual 'there was nothing left behind' attitude from the manager....
- Great serviceNickiDined on 7/10/2014The pate was delicious as was the entree which was the pork special - the server was warm friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Not Last NightSunshineDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Craftbar many times. And usually I really enjoy my meal. But this time, the food was not great. The egg salad anchovy bruschetta that i always get was not seasoned enough. Needed salt. And I asked the waiter if the mussels were in season and he said yes. I got the mussels and they were tiny. Not good. But the service is always really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceIlvfood2Dined on 7/8/2014The host was lovely. My party was running a bit late but he led me to my table to wait for them. Most places-they won't seat you if your party is not complete. They were accommodating again when we had another friend show up for drinks and dessert. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingShelloDined on 7/5/2014We are from California and this was on our "must go" list. We were not let down! They helped make my twins 13th birthday celebration so memorable! The food was even better than we expected and the service was Perfect!! Thank you for making our last night in NYC a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esq54VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was outstanding. Service was a bit spotty. But management was very quick to rectify the problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2500 reviews are from the Craftbar reviews archive.
- Flatiron favoritedineandwineVIPDined on 7/1/2014I know Craftbar has been around awhile, but this was my first time at the restaurant. The food was amazing and great portions. Not too huge yet not small meals. The service was perfect as well. Our waiter came often enough to be helpful, yet not too much to interrupt our meal. I definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Met expectationsCARAMEL125Dined on 6/28/2014It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday brunch. The last time I was there it was so packed I had to wait 40 minutes for a table. The food was mediocre to be honest. My soft shell crab sandwich came on a fairly disappointing and very thick bun. The ambiance was nice for a group catch up session and the service was very good (attentive but I wonder if that's because it wasn't busy). Not sure I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for dinner; good for snacksCrystalVIPDined on 6/26/2014Craftbar is an entertaining place for expensive bar food. Good for a quick drink and snacks. The entrees were afterthoughts. We enjoyed the beets plate, the asparagus appetizer and our first cocktails. Things went down from there. Fried chicken over promised and under delivered. It was just expensive chicken wings. No large breast or thigh pieces. Just fried chicken parts. Soft shell crab entree was boring too. Should have been an appetizer since there were two small crabs. No steak frites or other beef/lamb red meat entree available the evening we visited. Drinks were good; wine was nice. Service seemed a little rushed and the server was curt and short with us. Would only go back for a drink and snack. Not a place to dine.Special Features:
- One of my new "go to's"birdwinsVIPDined on 6/25/2014Been liking CraftBar lately and have gone several times during the past few months. I have always loved Tom Colicchkio's restaurants and this is no exception. Menu changes frequently, most everything tastes delicious, interesting creative dishes, casual atmosphere, service is relaxed but attentive enough for this type of place. Wine list is a bit pricey, but they have a lot of good interesting choices. Memorable sweetbreads, nice fatty pork loin, and squid with ink.Special Features:
- CraftbarGerby123Dined on 6/25/2014The food was (as it always is) above reproach, and the staff was helpful and attentive. Conversation was a little difficult at times given the noise but overall the experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greateconoinkerVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was my second visit. The first time it was outstanding, but this time I was a bit disappointed. The kielbasa appetizer was fantastic, but the main course fried chicken was dry and didn't have much taste. Service was pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Fun and tastyKBarMVIPDined on 6/21/2014Big wine list by the glass and lots of yummy shareable plates. Shrimp and grits were a standout--not near as heavy as they often are, and unusual flavor profile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedRatitouDined on 6/20/2014I have heard good things and saw good reviews. But although ambiance was good, waitress ok, food was not impressive. We had crostinies, blood sausage, kielbasa appetizers, osso bucco, meat ball and pasta, a fish dish for main course, none of them worth going back. Sorry , with so many options in town, only have one chance to impress. Very nice for a drink and people watching thoughSpecial Features:
- DisappointingNYCdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Used to love Craftbar but the food was disappointing. Not nearly as good as it used to be.
- Great birthday dinnerLondonladyDined on 6/9/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday dinner and the staff were warm and welcoming, they all wished him a happy birthday and printed out a special menu wishing him happy birthday at the top. We sat in the corner so it was intimate and romantic. The menu has some really unusual options and there was the perfect amount of choice. We ate quite early so it wasn't to busy but the staff were lovely and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a return tripJustinLDined on 6/8/2014Our waitress could not have shown less interest. Maybe she had a late saturday night, but she sure as heck had no interest in being at work on Sunday morning at 11:00am. While not rude per se, she was not nice at all. Outside of asking as if we were ready to order I do not believe she volunteered another word. The food was fine. Having brunched on a weekly basis in NYC for the last 8 years I would say the food at CraftBar is smack dab in the middle. In a city with way too many great options, a return to CraftBar is not imminent.
- Always reliable and very tasty!jdcapshewVIPDined on 6/6/2014I used to eat here constantly and the only reason I don't now is I kind of wear a place out and then move on to another place that becomes a favorite, and then do it all over again. Returning to Craftbar the other day makes me question why I was away for so long. The food is super, the wait staff is friendly and obtrusive and ambiance is perfect, not too fancy and not too noisy.Special Features:
- ReviewAlimVIPDined on 6/3/2014The squid and mussels were very disappointing. The cheese and salami boards were decent. The ice cream sandwich dessert was great. Service was slow, especially with drinks.Special Features:
- Great menu!AbcdefVIPDined on 5/30/2014In addition to great service, the menu was amazing. Each item from appetizer to dessert was delicious!Special Features:
- A Limited MenuEllePVIPDined on 5/30/2014Firstly, this is not a place for picky eaters. The menu has ~15 items on it, some scarily similar to each other. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs which tasted perfectly fine, no one complained about their food - it was fine. The noise level was loud but acceptable. The selections of wines by the glass was good. The decor was nice. I guess I was just expecting....more? We'd been looking forward to going to this place for a little bit and I was surprised to find it was good/nice but nothing memorable. Our waitress was like an intergalactic snail. Slower than slow. It took twenty minutes (20!minutes!) for her to come get our drink order, and the restaurant was not particularly busy. Bottom line, it was fine, we won't go back.Special Features:
- Great food/service...no gift cardsjrs23Dined on 5/30/2014Everything was great with the pork signature being a real standout. Not accepting Collichio & Sons gift cards is bewildering and an annoyance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs consistencyPeterVIPDined on 5/29/2014Craftbar can be great and Craftbar can be confounding. If I could tell you how to anticipate the lesser event I would say go. Recent lunch was tasty, salmon, hamburgers, salads all fine. But I actually had to go find the waiter to place our order and to get our bill. The problem made no sense because the restaurant was only about 2/3 full. So, if lunch means getting back to work, I do not know how to say 'go there.'
- BoboDined on 5/28/2014$17. For a tiny martini is a rip-off! Food was ok but very small portions for the cost.
- Good Save (Broken AC)hf995VIPDined on 5/27/2014Air conditioner was out of service during this reset visit which nearly cause us to leave before ordering. With plenty of water, we trudged through and enjoyed some very delicious dishes! The "Cold Dish Towel" we were offered between courses a little insulting and trashy. Before the check was dropped, it was looking like it would be a long time before we returned to Craftbar. However, management saved it at the last moment comping a portion of our check.Special Features:
- the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014i complain about the two waitress. not paying attention of the table. neverthless the mexican team was great about it and let know the waitress any thing needed it.Special Features: