Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
30 South Magnolia Ave.
Ocala, FL 34471Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marksprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3524020097
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday -Saturdays: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala - Best Restaurants in Ocala ›
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (36)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (15)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Impressed with food and serviceout2eatDined on 2/12/2014Food was excellent in taste and presentation. Service was outstanding, attentive. Wine and desserts were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Valentines DinnerBgbJepDined on 2/10/2014This was our 1st visit to Marks!! We enjoyed fabulous apps, drinks, steaks, and service! 1st time trying a Bone in filet!! Amazing Flavor!!! I had never heard of that before!! Kevin our server was Great, He knew we were there to relax and enjoy our evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as BeforeCindyLeeVIPDined on 2/8/2014Disappointing visit recently... it was a cold night, being seated by the door, there was a continuous cold breeze. Our server seemed over allocated on tables, visits were few and far between. 2 out of 4 filets were undercooked and had to be returned to kitchen, timing in kitchen seemed to be off on everything. Too expensive for the service and the average quality of food. It was nothing special for a Traditional Steak place.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceWsunmanDined on 2/7/2014The interior of the restaurant is designed poorly for sound. The food was good but a little on the pricier side. The steak and salmon were very good other than they came to the table cold. Our waiter was very good and made the evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in town for a nightKristyDined on 2/6/2014We were in town for a night and I went to Open Table for a nice restaurant and chose this one. We were not disappointed. The food was very good, ambiance was classic steak house sophisticated and service was very good. We would dine there again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointingcollieVIPDined on 2/5/2014Filet was previous I believe frozen, no juice at all, and flavorless, The first one was over cooked. Service was good, but I guess being the only nice place in Ocala, its hit or miss, this is a miss, Ruth chris/captiol grill, they are not, closer to outback.Special Features:
- skightly disappointeddilligentDined on 1/31/2014filet magnon was unexpectedly chewy and not particularly favorful. mushrooms were wonderful and the spinach was fine.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Outstanding experience in everyway. What a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Serious SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Aged Filet Mignon at its best. Always happy dining at Marcs. Consistent. $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was only my 3rd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014This was only my 3rd time here and the food just keeps getting greater, don't change anythingSpecial Features:
- Best Steaks EverGlobetrotterVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our second visit & we will definitely be back.. My friend's pork chop was thick & delicious. Our Filets were fabulous and other two meal choices were perfect, also. Cauliflower side dish was wonderful...One of our two favorite restaurants in Ocala & the area including The Villages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server didnt careOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We went there for our 5 year anniversary. Had never been but heard good things. Our server didn't explain the menu but luckily we came prepared. Our server didn't come back to check on us, he was more concern about the 8 top that was sitting in front of us. The food was cold and it tasted like old burnt oil. The only good thing we had was the salad. I will say it was delicious. We asked for the dessert menu and it was never brought out, instead they brought out a chocolate cake, that was just to overwhelming. We had the worst experience ever. I will not be going back.
- The best in OcalaloveflaDined on 1/16/2014Have not been disappointed. Food and wait-staff consistent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- PrimeTimeBdaydinerDined on 1/14/2014We really enjoyed this place for my birthday dinner. I was a little hesitant and not really in the mood for steak, but I figured since we were at a steak house I had to get a steak. I'm so glad I did. The bread was very yummy. My companion ordered the crab cakes (could have used a little bit of citrus) and crab bisque to start. I ordered Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc by recommendation of our waiter and it was wonderful. I had the steak which the chef kindly split for my date as he is not a big eater. We had grilled asparagus (bit over charged but very tasty) and the lyonnaise potatoes were beyond delicious. This was a well executed meal with great service and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersJamesDined on 1/8/2014My wife and I were "first timers" at this restaurant. We found the staff very welcoming and our server was very helpful. The food was excellently prepared and the steaks were superb. Our visit was to celebrate my wife's birthday and the meal came with a delightful dessert birthday gift for her (one that I also enjoyed). We had a great evening!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningDianeDined on 1/4/2014The food is just outstanding. Two had salmon and one had grilled scallops. Both were fantastic. Vegetable were fresh and prepared to perfection. Service was very adequate. It is one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found the restaurant to beDianaDined on 12/31/2013Found the restaurant to be extremely noisy but the excellent steak and crab bisque made up for the lack of ambience.. Side dishes are too large. One order will easily serve 3 to 4 people. Would not recommend for a romantic dinner but group dining would be ideal. The service was good. When making reservations make sure you specify your seating preference or they will try to put you in the lounge which is even noisier than the restaurant. I would go here for special occasion but find it too expensive for regular dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st classchowhoundDined on 12/30/2013A !st class, upscale restaurant in small town Ocala, that has a vibrant downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Being my first time there I had an amazing time! My boyfriend and I went to Mark's for our two year anniversary and enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Our server knew everything she was talking about and very helpful with the wine choices. I look forward to coming here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite special occasion placepook1142Dined on 12/24/2013Marks makes holidays special. Food and service are terrific and downtown is very festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeJoe1Dined on 12/24/2013The delmonico steak was cooked perfect and tasted great---twin lobster tails were good---and our server Stephanie was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Class ActJimODined on 12/23/2013This establishment is the perfect place to experience fine spirits, atmosphere and food that is prepared by the best.Special Features:
- Exceptional Anniversary Dinner!!!KDJRDined on 12/21/2013We were greeted at the door with a smile. I had ordered flowers at the website and they were there at the booth I requested. Our waitperson Deborah was very cordial and attentive throughout our dining experience. The food was very good and the complimentary desert was terrific....Thank you Mark's Prime Steak House. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy going to Marks.RHKFAKDined on 12/18/2013We always enjoy going to Marks. The food, staff are greatSpecial Features:
- Interesting first visitTilly2014VIPDined on 12/13/2013Although we made reservations, the restaurant did not confirm us with Open Table. That was eventually resolved several days later. We were seated in the bar area. I would request the dining room in the future as the mixing of drinks, along with the TV and patrons conversations made this birthday celebration very loud. The scallops in applewood bacon were our appetizer and they were exceptional! The half chopped salad was plenty as an individual serving. We agreed to have it as a side, however, our steaks still came out too fast. They use butter for flavoring and we ordered our steaks without it. They came out tender but without much flavor. We added salt which helped. The sizzling plates were a nice touch. Everything is served ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedwayneDined on 12/7/2013We expected more. Our drinks and bread were adequate. Calamari was well presented and very tasty - rates in our top ten. Wedge salad was a disappointment - lettuce was soggy like it was previously frozen. Tomatoes were very sparse. Twice baked potato and wood salmon were average - in both taste and appearance. Mixed grill seafood - a great menu item for seafood lovers - was not prepared well at all. White fish was dry; scallops (two) were overcooked and gritty tasting. The lobster tail was cooked to perfection, as was the (two) medium size shrimp. Mashed potatoes were soggy and lumpy and tasteless, lacked salt? Our waitress provided good service, but only replenished my ice tea when requested. We were extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Great but excessive noiseRoyWDined on 12/4/2013This is the third time we have dined at Mark's Prime. The food and service were outstanding. However, given the level of dining experience they are trying to achieve and price you pay for the exception experience; we were more than a bit disappointed at the level of noise we had to deal with. We have be in sports bars on NFL Sundays that were quieter. We were at Mark's with friends for out anniversary and had great difficulty talking to each other. The management needs to install some better sound proofing to improve the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2013We left after 15 minutes without the waiter bothering to take our order. I also didn't appreciate that with a reservation, they chose to seat my family in the bar area. Very loud and not appropriate for a family trying to enjoy a special meal. We went somewhere else and won't be back.
- Great food and good serviceDeanDined on 11/23/2013Great food and good service describe this restaurant. It is It is a little loud but the food is worth putting up with the noise. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys good steak and sea food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light up Ocala!Watercolor2Dined on 11/23/2013We visited Mark's Prime on the eve of Light Up Ocala, so lots of people around. We had reservations, were seated promptly, service was impeccable, and the food was wonderful, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItDisappointedDined on 11/22/2013The entire evening was distracted by a group of eight people that had been seated in the middle of the main dining area. They constantly were so loud that the people at most of the other tables needed to raise their volume just to be heard. That only made the group of eight get louder. Too bad they were not seated in the bar. It would have been more appropriate. My request to the manager to please do something to tone the noise down was unfortunately met with nothing more than a polite 'I understand' reply. The result was a soured taste for what should have been a delightful evening with friends. The $70 p/person price for the evening was simply not a good value. Too bad for us.Special Features:
- Enjoyabledalbert472Dined on 11/16/2013Mark's is the place for fine food. Pricing is on par with a Ruth's Chris but they have more variety on their menu. Service is very good but the food is excellent, always cooked as requested and served hot. Go and enjoy a night with friends or a special occasion, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!PaqiDined on 11/12/2013So glad we found this restaurant. We took my mother here to celebrate her birthday. The food was cooked perfectly and delicious, and the service was terrific. They brought her a special dessert, and she loved it. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Ocala!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just BecauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013My wife and I once decided to eat at Marks "just because" the food and wine is fantastic. However, the Mark's in Gainesville is better because it is quiet. The Marks in Ocala is very noisey and it is hard to hear people at your table sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, subpar service, noisyOcalaVisitorDined on 11/7/2013Found this restaurant on opentable and yelp. Suprised to find a dress code even though we were both dressed in attire we go to capital grill, mortons, etc. Service was very slow to respond and most of the employees were sitting by the bar on their facebook accounts instead of servicing the clients. I know your the only game in town but that does not give you the right to run your company as such.
- Birthday CelebrationDenaliDined on 10/30/2013The booth for two and the wonderful food and service make this a great place to celebrate important dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreNCGatorDined on 10/29/2013I was told about this restaurant by a friend and for me it didn't live up to the recommendation. I do not plan on returning to this restaurant though I just moved to town.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantpeachyDined on 10/28/2013Simply said, "It is the BEST!" We enjoy going every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small town steak housemzfoodDined on 10/26/2013Great small town steak house - will return quite oftenSpecial Features:
- Great eveningPaddyMacDined on 10/26/2013Took my parents for their 70th birthday. Food was fantastic, service was great, I would reccommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.