3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: 7037417636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (167)great for outdoor dining (150)fit for foodies (144)vibrant bar scene (98)great for brunch (97)great for lunch (71)good for groups (66)special occasion (64)hot spot (62)notable wine list (51)romantic (35)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (23)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great Dinner!MikeDined on 6/21/2014I went here with my parents for my Mom's birthday. We had a great dinner. The food was excellent. My Dad and I had the streak frites while my Mom had the mussels vin blanc. All of our meals tasted fresh and bursting with flavor. Service was excellent and I will definitely be going back to Lyon Hall again.Special Features:
- Great HamburgerChuckDined on 6/21/2014We think this restaurant has one of the best hamburgers in town. The french fries are great as well. And the beer selection has something for every taste. We like to drop by for lunch, but dinner is nice as well.Special Features:
- rough night thereusedtobegoodDined on 6/20/2014Food was well below precious standards - different entrees none of them done very well. Big change from previous visits - won't race back unless we hear something has changed.Special Features:
- ElenaDined on 6/17/2014Nothing special and over priced. I think $20 for the cauliflower & quinoa a little too much , plus it didn't taste that good.
- Yumm!HealthyEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014The Lyon Hall pretzels and mini franks sre fantastic apps. Also recommend the cheese plate, especially the homemade cheeses, and the beet salad! Amazing beer and wine selection, plus a fantastic cocktail menu and gifted bartenders - check out the SJF, a spin in a mocsow mule. Simply delicious! Very hip, vibrant scene, yet kid friendly with a staff and kid menu that makes any family feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHelBDined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed Lyon Hall many times in the past so I hope our experience on Sunday was an anomaly. Except for the cheerful hostess who took us to our table, the service was curt and unenthusiastic. It was a Father's Day brunch. We felt as though each of our requests was a burden. I do understand that people have days that aren't going well for any number of reasons, so we didn't complain. But, not due to our server, the meal was delivered after quite a long wait. We were offered apologies, and we didn't mind since we were enjoying Father's Day together. But the food was not as good or well prepared or well presented as we have experienced in the past. We left having enjoyed our family time, but uncertain about returning again.
- Never disappoints!TnkwallaDined on 6/15/2014Started a new tradition this year, Fathers Day brunch! Brought the kids and had a fantastic meal! Mussels were particularly good this time.Special Features:
- Father's DayRVABystanderDined on 6/15/2014We went here with our future in-laws and our daughter. It was a thoroughly enjoyable meal sitting under an umbrella on the sidewalk. Our server was prompt and courteous. The food was delicious and served hot.Special Features:
- A bit too "me too"AgwaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Nothing bad abiut Lyon Hall, but nothing exciting either. All fairly standard imitation French brasserie fare.
- Fantastic dinner spotDaveinDCDined on 6/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a fantastic date night at Lyon Hall. We had a 9:30 reservation on a Friday night and it was still crowded and lively, a great casual atmosphere. One of the most impressive beer lists (20 on tap) that I've seen in a long time. Our waitress made some suggestions and we both really enjoyed our selections- I highly recommend the Saison Dupont. We started with the French onion soup, which was great and included some beef as a pleasant surprise. Many intriguing choices on the menu, in the end she had the steak and I had the swordfish, both were perfectly cooked and nicely portioned. Maybe next time we'll save some room for dessert. Will definitely return soon, at the very least for a beer on the patio.Special Features:
- Standard Go-ToOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/12/2014Didn't care for the special I ordered this past visit especially for the price. However I always have good dining experiences there, the service is always great, the wine is good, and I've had plenty of really great meals there. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Don't ask for healthy optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/5/2014I understand from my guests that the good was good. However, when asked about healthy options all they would do was offer to remove indredients from existing dishes, not try to make something that might actually be heathy and taste good. The seafood options were either fried or wrapped in bacon.
- The following 1312 reviews are from the Lyon Hall reviews archive.
- Delicious BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014My husband and I had such a wonderful brunch at Lyon Hall. He got the steak and eggs which was so delicious! I had scrambled eggs and a fruit salad. The price was very reasonable! Especially for the Clarendon area! We wanted the donuts, but they are only sold in bathes of 4 so between 2 of us, we wouldn't be able to finish them. I wish they offered just 1 or 2 at a time. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience and will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- Lyon is a gemmrkintuVIPDined on 5/31/2014I love this place and come here all the time. It's excellent food is nicely paired with a coveted waitstaff. Sunday happy hour and Monday Oysters are two of my favorite times to go.Special Features:
- arldinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014I have been here many times and always enjoy the food and the beer selections. They also have a great happy hour menu that I was recently able to take advantage of. However, my last two visits I've sat outside and service was a little slow. Not sure if they are just getting their rhythm down now that the weather is warm but usually the service is great so its been a little disappointing but not so bad that I won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-energized with Matt HillhabapDined on 5/29/2014Lyon Hall has been very good since it opened, but the addition of Matt Hill has really improved the menu. If you enjoy good wine and good food, this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four Stars...MissMaryDined on 5/28/2014I've been meaning to check out Lyon Hall; every time I drove by, it always looked busy! Everything was excellent (location, dining outside, food) -- _except_ for our waitress who was lackluster; the other staff and manager made up for her though. I'll certainly be back to eat here again. Maybe my next experience will bear five stars!Special Features:
- Love This PlaceHam66Dined on 5/27/2014Great food, great beer, great service. One of our favorites. College age kids and our parents enjoy this place.Special Features:
- Oyster MondayDollarOystersDined on 5/26/2014I went with two friends for Oyster Monday ($1 Oysters) on Memorial Day and it was a great experience. Our waiter was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. The oysters were amazing and we would have ordered more but decided to share other entrees to sample more of the menu. Everything was delicious, the waiter even let my friend order a kid sized entree instead of the full adult item. Our only (small) complaint was that for our drinks (vodka/juice) we were charged the regular price for a glass of juice along with the charge for the liquor each time we ordered, seemed there should have been some kind of mixed drink price instead of paying for a full regular glass of juice each time. Overall great experience and can't beat $1 oysters!Special Features:
- Gin in a donut...yumHappyFunBallDined on 5/26/2014Of the 4 donuts in a single order, the gin enfused was the best with the others okay and above par of a traditional doughy donut. Add French press coffee and their pork on pretzel bread with nummy aoli...yum. The menu is limited so take a look before going just in case.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchMarkhh2Dined on 5/25/2014Went for Sunday brunch over the Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. The smoked salmon was a real treat. We passed on the donouts and regretted it. The service was just ok. Hipster dude who really doesn't enjoy his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for brunchDinArlingtonDined on 5/25/2014Went here for brunch. Service was fantastic and so nice to sit outside. Donuts were great and uniquely flavored. Minor downsides - if you don't get in the shade outside, the sun can be brutal. Also, the poached eggs/hollandaise dishes weren't well-seasoned. Felt bad but had to add a little salt and pepper. Otherwise, really enjoyed and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014Perhaps they were having an off night, but both service and food were lacking in quality. I will credit them for comping a lot of our bill as a result. I hope this is an anomaly and not a trend.
- German, French, & American MenuDiningDoctorDined on 5/23/2014Quite a range of options on a mid-size menu. Everyone enjoyed their wide-ranging dinner selections. Breads were excellent, but without any gluten-free bread-options. For those requiring gluten-free entrees, be sure to inquire with Waitstaff because several entrees can be prepared gluten-free but that option is not mentioned on the menu.Special Features:
- Good time outdoorsMplishDined on 5/22/2014Nice to be able to sit out side for lunch even with the road noise. Food is always good. The mussels were excellentI would recommend this to a friend.
- FurballDined on 5/17/2014Unique offerings on the menu. Delicious. Nice place out to take my husband.Special Features:
- Good French Flair @Lyon HallJMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 5/17/2014Dined here a few times. Great if looking for French/German foods but also leans towards American bistro with a few dishes. Solid dishes with great flavor. Breads are wonderful. Decent wine list with something for any taste. Tables are pretty close together, but is pretty authentic French cafe style set-up, so use that mind-set when dining. If you are looking for a date night, go after 7pm. We let hosted know we were on a date night and didn't want to sit next to kids as we were there to take a parenting break. Super uncool that we got sandwiched between tables with multiple kids. Too many little kids at 6pm reservation time if you want to get-away from the kids for a nice dinner out. Lesson learned, dine later at Lyon Hall.Special Features:
- Great placeGreatimesncompany3Dined on 5/16/2014This is not my first time in Lyon Hall& for sure not the last...been there with 2 friends, no special occasion byr just a gathering every while n then.. the place is always crowded that's why we booked in advance. The food is great (specifically the mussels au vin blanc& the oysters)ohhh & the french bread to dip with the sauce of the mussels is a real pleasure:) cant get any better!! Our waiter was very friendly, attentive & kept checking upon us to make sure we are ok....it is always a pleasant experience to be there..:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just OKkarlingtonDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I went there on a week night with some friends and found Lyon Hall underwhelming. The food was OK, but not worth the price. I had the mussels, which I found to be dry, as if they had been out of the broth for too long, and the broth itself (called provencal) frankly wasn't that tasty. The "pretzel" we ordered for an appetizer lacked any of the qualities--in taste and consistency--of an actual pretzel and was served with a runny and tasteless cheese fondue and mini pots of butter and mustard. To be fair, we've eaten there before and had better food and a better experience (we had to suggest to the hostess that we could wait at our table and order some wine while waiting for our friends--and not stand in the rain).
- Excellents MusselshappyeaterVIPDined on 5/15/2014The mussels were delicious, generous and succulent.Special Features:
- jincy1VIPDined on 5/11/2014Sadly, our food experience at Lyon Hall was for the most part mediocre. Our waiter was not very attentive or friendly. I don't like to complain, but that is how it was. Maybe everyone was having an off day.
- Mother's DayArlingtonFoodiesDined on 5/11/2014Always a great experience with great food and adult beverages. Being Mother's Day they were a bit in the weeds but they did great overall.Special Features:
- Mmmm, donuts.CGArlDined on 5/10/2014Worth a brunch visit just for the donuts! Service was good, meals were tasty, donuts were a definite highlight. The patio is spacious and the day was beautiful to sit outside, but be prepared to speak loudly as that street corner is a noisy one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd be Lyon' if.....LWinDCVIPDined on 5/9/2014I'd be Lyon' if I had bad things to say about Lyon Hall. Great draft beer selection, and a very helpful server who seemed to like and suggest special craftbrew offerings. Also, what's not to like about a giant soft pretzel the size of a Volkswagen?! All the food was excellent. It's a bit noisy and, being a Friday evening, crowded, but we had a reservation and got seated immediately. Terrific meal.Special Features:
- perfect for al fresco dining!luigiVIPDined on 5/4/2014had a great salad, burger, and beer on a lovely evening - admittedly Wash Blvd is not beautiful but you take what you can get in North Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food was fantastic but the service was pretty slow. It took a while for the food to arrive, refiles, etc. I would eat there again, but not if I had plans soon after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FrenchHollettLADined on 5/2/2014I split two entrees with a friend and both were great. The mussels are spectacular and a great price for all that you get. Make sure you get extra bread to soak up the fantastic sauce. The sausage platter was good too, but the mussels (and fries!) were standouts.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysGrindinDined on 5/2/2014We had not been to Lyon Hall in a while, we are glad we returned. The oyt door seating is a treat, and wonderful to people watch in Clarendon. The happy hour drink specials are diverse and well priced, so is the happy hour food. The mussels are wonderful, and the other dishes we sampled were just as good. We have never been dissapointed with a meal at this place. We will go back to LH in the near future.Special Features:
- Limited Lunch SelectionbobrVIPDined on 5/1/2014Spring greens salad with chicken and Ham & Cheese dish were both tasty. Menu needs a few egg dishes to round out the menu. Like many US restaurants, there's an obsession with clearing the table even if half the party is still eating. It gives the impression of being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alsatian foodMikeDVIPDined on 4/29/2014I love Alsatian food. Cassoulet was outstanding. They also have great sausage selections. Lots of beers and a good wine list. Service was quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.