3100 N Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lyonhallarlington.com/
- Phone: 7037417636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 1130AM-3PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5PM-10PM Friday & Saturday: 5PM-11PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, German, French
- Executive Chef: Liam LaCivita/Andy Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lyon Hall
Lyon Hall is a modern bistro serving approachable Alsatian-inspired fare, including an extensive selection of house-made charcuterie and sausages. The menu changes with the season to highlight fresh produce from local farms, as do the pastries, desserts and fresh bread.The affordable wine list focuses on French selections, while the impressive beer list offers an extensive selection of European drafts and bottles. Located in an historic art deco building in the heart of downtown Clarendon, Lyon Hall is a vibrant neighborhood spot with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Perfect for an elegant dinner in the stylish dining room, frankfurters and beer flights with friends at the lively bar, or enjoying a warm evening on the patio with a bottle of wine and selections from the dynamic cheese menu. The private room located in our mezzanine level offers a great spot for small to medium size groups enjoying a private meal or cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Lyon Hall - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lyon Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (164)great for outdoor dining (154)fit for foodies (146)great for brunch (99)vibrant bar scene (94)great for lunch (67)good for groups (64)hot spot (61)special occasion (60)notable wine list (51)romantic (34)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (23)scenic view (6)Show More
- A favorite of minePh39nDined on 7/31/2014A small but interesting menu, good wine and beer selections, and excellent service! That's why it's a favorite of mine...Special Features:
- Excellent musselshappyeaterVIPDined on 7/31/2014enjoy some of the best mussels around. They come in 4 different varieties and I especially like the pho lyon.Special Features:
- Another terrrfic expwerienceJHackettVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our return trip to Lyon Hall was as impressive as our first. Their cheese and charcuterie selection was great, as was every entree our party of four ordered. Especially appreciated was the wine list, which has some well chosen, less-known wineries that won't break the budget. It appears that all of our future trips to D.C. will include a reservation at Lyon Hall.Special Features:
- overextended?bagelmavenVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had a mostly great experience at Lyon Hall - until the service just stopped. my food and cocktail were wonderful, but server nowhere to be found. the restaurant didn't appear to be too busy. there was an issue with the table behind me getting the wrong food (what i'd ordered, actually), which was uncomfortable, as the server seemed unable to solve the problem. finally, I had to go find the server and I gave her my credit card to pay. when she dropped it off for me to sign, she said nothing - not thank you, not sorry you had to come find me, nothing. it was uncool.Special Features:
- Lyon rules over the Hall VenueDroktheworldDined on 7/25/2014Lyon Hall was an excellent scene for me to take my wife and a few friends out for her Bday dinner. From the stellar service, to the excellent happy hour the Hall provided everything needed to have a great time! The food was spot on and the recommendations our server provided instilled enough confidence in my wife to allow the server to choose her bday dinner (and the server didn'teven pick the most expensive thing on the menu!) I'd highly recommend Lyon Hall for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Clarendon spotEasy2pleaseDined on 7/25/2014Lyon Hall is a great spot for an upbeat place to enjoy dinner, or to start out your night. It's not a quiet, romantic place, but if you want a place for dinner with someone special, Lyon Hall is a great choice. There is energy, lively conversation, outdoor dining, and great views of the city even from inside. Food is very good, the red wines the waiter offerd with my filet were a little disappointing, but the attention by the wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual Clarendon restaurant!psynthiaDined on 7/25/2014Refreshing to go someplace where you can have the sidewalk dining and friendly service of many other surrounding eateries, but also enjoy special touches that make the food more interesting! Heirloom tomato salad with house-made cheese, thinly-sliced prosciutto and balsamic was so delicious we ordered another one. And the consideration to gluten-free preparation was much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Clarendon FavoriteArlingtonGrannyDined on 7/24/2014Lyon Hall has a constantly varying and always interesting menu, and I've yet to have a bad meal there. They have, alas, stopped serving the arctic char, which was my favorite, but their policy of changing the menu keeps the restaurant fresh and forces me to try new things. My main complaint is that it tends to be noisy, which we avoided this time by sitting outside on a beautiful evening. We had a great time!Special Features:
- nothing specialNotSoPickyPalateDined on 7/20/2014Great location w/ busy brunch vibe, including outdoor dining... but food and table service could use more attention. Twists on eggs benedict r not so memorable on taste and while donuts were just right on texture and melt in your mouth quality, couldn't tell one flavor from the next, really. Constant passing of dish cart on bumpy concrete, ok service, and costly coffee refills, make this a better meet up spot than "must-have" meal.Special Features:
- DineandwineDineandwineDined on 7/19/2014Alsatian influenced food in an American Art Deco atmosphere. The three hot dog appetiser was unique and highly flavourful. My escargot dish was as good as I have ever experienced. I opted for the Charcuterie combo which is house made and outstandingly flavourful.mthis place has it all masterful drinks, great beer and wine selection, energetic atmosphere and fantastic food. I have previously visited during very cold days in the winter when the atmosphere was more sedate and homely, during a beautiful summer day the place is hopping with activity and yet the staff makes you feel like you are the only customer in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014My wife said that the mussels viet style were a religious experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is meh.DawnVIPDined on 7/14/2014Very interesting and fun menu, but food not quite there. Medium prepared Steak was "bouncy", almost tough - a result from not cooking it properly. Oysters were very small. Side salad with steak had too much dressing. Bread is nothing to write home about. Twinkie dessert was dry and tasteless. But the fries and escargot were good.
- Great place for brunchsebukovnVIPDined on 7/13/2014Good mix of food and even offer an egg white omelet. Typically can get in for brunch whenever since the large crowds are up the street. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Reliable.GWR1VIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has been in our favorites since opening. Dining here is always an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Good Food and Friendly StaffLeeDVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our first time and we were very pleased with the service and the food. Lot's to choose from on the menu. I nice blend of French and German as well as a mix of other items and seafood. The nice thing is you have a choice of a lot of noise or a quieter dining experience. Downstairs is hopping, but if you like a quieter place we found you have the option of eating upstairs, which is what we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am coming back!BrunchLoverVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had lunch with a colleague, and we decided to sit outside. Food and service were very good. The beet salad with Bibb lettuce was delish! Not too much dressing, perfect for a summer day. My colleague tried the steak fritters, which he raved about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ItKeithDined on 7/10/2014We had dinner for my wife's birthday with our 30-something daughter. Luckily, we were seated upstairs because the noise level would have been too much for us downstairs. I like their selection of Alsatian-influenced dishes and the fairly extensive beer and wine lists. We weren't real hungry, so my wife and I shared a beet salad and a charcuterie platter. I particularly liked the trout rillette and enjoyed the pickled vegetables and other accompaniements to the platter. I think the service upstairs suffered a little because of the distance from the kitchen, but all-in-all, it was good.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining SpotKathleenVIPDined on 7/6/2014Lyon Hall's menu is great, as well as their setting. It was a beautiful day and the outside patio is great for Clarendon people-watching. The vegetarians in our group also loved the menu - plenty of options for everyone. They also have happy hour every day from 3-7, which is great on Sundays! The only downside was our server - she kept forgetting things for us, as well as everyone around us and basically acted indifferent - not rude, but she definitely brought the total experience down a couple of notches. I would definitely go back, but hope to have a different server next time!Special Features:
- Best casual dining optionChrisDined on 7/4/2014The food is amazingly, satisfyingly good. It is amazingly so because you can get it without spending a fortune or having to wear a suit. It is not a place to get a 7-course tasting menu of avant-garde dishes with tastes and textures you've never tried before. It is a place to get really good food done really well. Even the bread and the deserts are really good. Our service was good, too. Server was friendly, knowledgeable, affable, but maybe a little to busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for a last minute placeDeskiechDined on 7/3/2014The menu does not have the greatest variety but the food came out tasting pretty good. I won't rave about it because it is not my favorite spot to bring guests to in the NOVA/DC area. BUT it is close by my house which makes it convenient and is one of the better choices in Clarendon for people who don't have much time to travel to a restaurant but appreciate good solid food. The service was pretty slow and the staff was mediocre as far as professionalism goes. It is really dark inside and the tables are almost uncomfortably close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuDCgalDined on 7/1/2014I found that the menu was very interesting and the food was well prepared and savory. I highly recommend Lyon Hall if you want a more than ordinary lunch. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Perfect Chill BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Great location, outdoor seating and indoor both have a great atmosphere. The donuts are always a hit. Slightly rude waitress, but service good.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, great barBeccaDined on 6/29/2014We had brunch at Lyon Hall. They honored our reservation and had our table waiting. Although we ate indoors, there also is a nice seating area outside. There were many good choices on the brunch menu. We had the egg white omelet, which was terrific, and the eggs with asparagus, also excellent. There's a full bar, as well as special brunch drinks. We enjoyed a kir royale. The only slight negative was that the coffee wasn't refillable. If you want a second cup, you have to pay for a second cup. The service was very good and the place was cute. We'd go again to try it for dinner -- they have an excellent selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014I want to like Lyon Hall because it's in my neighborhood. But it is just OK --- service and food. I would go back because it is consistent. But I do not think this restaurant has gourmet food, or excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Early for BrunchSiouxsieVIPDined on 6/29/2014Very few places in Arlington are open at 9:30 for brunch on Sunday, but this is one of them, and brunch was excellent. Don't miss the platter of donuts (the orange fennel and hazelnut were great, but the chocolate filled was incredible) or the brioche French toast. The pork schnitzel sandwich and bohemian platter (sausages) vanished quickly, too. Even the kids' meals are a little more interesting than the norm for brunch.Special Features:
- First VisitOakHillFoodieDined on 6/28/2014We don't venture inside the beltway to dine very often, but Lyon Hall received very good ratings when I googled "Best Restaurants". We were seated at a lovely outdoor table with plenty of interesting foot traffic (happened to be "July 4th Pub Crawl" in the area. Our wait-staff was wonderful, suggesting favorites and explaining some of their more unusual dishes. Delicious bread basket to enjoy with Happy Hour drinks. All 4 entrees, and our side of fries to share, were outstanding. All arrived very hot and well presented. But the tastes were really the big deal, absolutely delicious! And btw, our water glasses were continuously filled and empty dishes removed. We will most definitely return with foodie friends :-).Special Features:
- Probably better for meat loversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Like most restaurants, it was too loud to converse easily until people started leaving (we arrived around 8pm). I kept making disappointing selections: a cocktail (Zombies in Paris--meh) instead of wine, and then the Rainbow trout meuniere, which was pretty flavorless (the trout was flavorless; the kale wasn't cooked down with any seasoning--very boring; the sauce and potatoes were good). Loved the starters, though: a Bavarian pretzel with dipping sauces (it's huge, enough for four) and roasted olives. I'd go back just for the starters, a glass of wine, a salad, and a cheese plate. The meat dishes are probably better.Special Features:
- Always good foodChristinaDined on 6/27/2014Lyon Hall recently changed their menu to not be focused so much on the different house made sausages. Although the sausages were all good in the past, the new menu offers more fish, pork, and a pasta option. The mussels were very good and complimented well with the fresh bread they serve, the sweet pea agnolotti pasta was delicious, and the bacon-wrapped swordfish was tasty. This is one of our favorites in Clarendon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Great time loved the happy hour deals especially the musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!!!letseatVIPDined on 6/22/2014One of the best omelettes i've had i a while! delicious fries. fun bloody mary's with a beer chaser.. would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchDCfromSAVVIPDined on 6/22/2014Endorsed by our concierge, Lyon Hall features a wonderful menu -- quiche to smoked salmon and more typical lunch fare. The portions are generous, too, with an impressive drink menu, especially beer and ale from around the world. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch experienceDinArlingtonDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful brunch menu. Good service. Make sure to get under an umbrella for sitting outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!MikeDined on 6/21/2014I went here with my parents for my Mom's birthday. We had a great dinner. The food was excellent. My Dad and I had the streak frites while my Mom had the mussels vin blanc. All of our meals tasted fresh and bursting with flavor. Service was excellent and I will definitely be going back to Lyon Hall again.Special Features:
- Great HamburgerChuckDined on 6/21/2014We think this restaurant has one of the best hamburgers in town. The french fries are great as well. And the beer selection has something for every taste. We like to drop by for lunch, but dinner is nice as well.Special Features:
- rough night thereusedtobegoodDined on 6/20/2014Food was well below precious standards - different entrees none of them done very well. Big change from previous visits - won't race back unless we hear something has changed.Special Features:
- ElenaDined on 6/17/2014Nothing special and over priced. I think $20 for the cauliflower & quinoa a little too much , plus it didn't taste that good.
- Yumm!HealthyEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014The Lyon Hall pretzels and mini franks sre fantastic apps. Also recommend the cheese plate, especially the homemade cheeses, and the beet salad! Amazing beer and wine selection, plus a fantastic cocktail menu and gifted bartenders - check out the SJF, a spin in a mocsow mule. Simply delicious! Very hip, vibrant scene, yet kid friendly with a staff and kid menu that makes any family feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHelBDined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed Lyon Hall many times in the past so I hope our experience on Sunday was an anomaly. Except for the cheerful hostess who took us to our table, the service was curt and unenthusiastic. It was a Father's Day brunch. We felt as though each of our requests was a burden. I do understand that people have days that aren't going well for any number of reasons, so we didn't complain. But, not due to our server, the meal was delivered after quite a long wait. We were offered apologies, and we didn't mind since we were enjoying Father's Day together. But the food was not as good or well prepared or well presented as we have experienced in the past. We left having enjoyed our family time, but uncertain about returning again.
- Never disappoints!TnkwallaDined on 6/15/2014Started a new tradition this year, Fathers Day brunch! Brought the kids and had a fantastic meal! Mussels were particularly good this time.Special Features:
- Father's DayRVABystanderDined on 6/15/2014We went here with our future in-laws and our daughter. It was a thoroughly enjoyable meal sitting under an umbrella on the sidewalk. Our server was prompt and courteous. The food was delicious and served hot.Special Features: