Hanover Street Chophouse
149 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Hanover Street Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hanoverstreetchophouse.com/
- Phone: 6036442467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for social or corporate events. Our professional staff is committed to providing you with exceptional service with the highest quality of food.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 36 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Higgins 6036442467x210
- Entertainment: Live Piano Bar every Friday and Saturday evening as well as on certain holidays.
A word from Hanover Street Chophouse
We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hanover Street Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Hanover Street Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)romantic (110)notable wine list (91)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (17)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Surprisingly not too happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Not happy with dining experience. Wife's food not cooked properlySpecial Features:
- EXTREMELY ENJOYABLENIGHT EXPERIENCEHPYBELLYETRDined on 6/20/2014We were there to celebrate two anniversaries. The other couple, who had never been there, liked it so much that they face-booked pictures of the delicious dishes. The presentation of the meals was beautifully done. The wine, food, and service was perfect. The Lamb was so good that it made you desire more! There was not one thing to complain about. It was an awesome start to our evening which ended at a show at the Palace Theatre across the street. Even the valet attendants were pleasant and with happy smiles on their faces. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Fine dining and wineFood4meDined on 6/19/2014Nice atmosphere and great food. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak - great serviceNHThomVIPDined on 6/15/2014Best steak in NH, fabulous wine list - got a question about a bottle of wine? Don't hesitate to ask!!Special Features:
- Great food and servicejciemoDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was great, attentive without being in our face. The steaks were cooked to perfection and seasoned just right.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!mamaGDined on 6/12/2014We celebrated our Anniversary with a wonderful meal and atmosphere. Our waitress was very accommodating from splitting our salad, giving us time between courses, making sure we were enjoying our evening and mentioning that we were celebrating our Anniversary. She was gracious, attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014From soup to nuts the Chop House has it all: Fabulous cocktails, wine, food, ambiance, service... just can't say enough!! Truly a GEM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening at Chop House!WMEeatingOutVIPDined on 6/11/2014Always consistently great food and great service with ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedHynzeeDined on 6/10/2014Form the moment i walked through the door I was treated to first class service. I had the rack of lamb which waas one of the best that I have ever had. This is truly a first class resuarant.Special Features:
- Great nightMaddieDined on 6/9/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. We started with oysters, which were great. I had rack of lamb and my husband had filet. Everything was prepared perfectly. When I told them of food allergies they substituted the vegetables without question. Our waiter was very pleasant and professional. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Perfect!YummmDined on 6/8/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and an anniversary. The martinis at the bar were perfect, as was the service. The menu was varied enough to please everyone. The food was delicious, and the service could not have been better.Special Features:
- An awesome steakhouse!Gradmom2014Dined on 6/7/2014This is a top notch steakhouse! Great food, wine menu and the servers were knowledgeable about everything on menu and great cocktails. I would highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our waiter Neal made it a memorable night Food was beyond expectations dessert was awesome the piano player played happy birthday and an anniversary song Thank you allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisapointedPeteSDined on 6/4/2014Have been here a few times and the food and service has always been outstanding. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and the waiter took special care to make our dining enjoyable. I had the NY strip steak and my wife had the scallops they were both superb.Special Features:
- For that special night out....RayTDined on 6/3/2014The Hanover Street Chop House is our favorite place to go for that special night out. Their service is always Top Shelf. They pay attention to the details you expect in a fine restaurant.....class venue.Special Features:
- High price, ok steakRegionalFoodCriticDined on 6/1/2014For the price, if expect a higher quality steak. $52 for a dry aged ribeye with little marbling and too much grissle. Lobster Mac & Chz was very good. Service was great, except when our leftovers were packaged all we got was our steak. No potato or veg was packed up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!GoodeFoodDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I spent our 29th Anniversary here, so it had to be special. It was the best meal we have ever had anywhere at anytime, quite simply. I had the surf n turf lobster tails/filet mignon, she had the rack of lamb, and we split the sea scallops wrapped in bacon for a starter. We were full after, but had to split the carrot cake after (the half-size was plenty). The bottle of Murphy-Goode red wine was incredible and paired perfectly with our food. Brendon our server was personable, professional, prompt yet gave us our space at the same time. We never felt rushed are waited for anything. This is a relatively new restaurant, but is what the best restaurants in this area use to be. We will be back and are telling everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014From the moment we pulled up to the door, until we drove away after dinner, our expectations were far exceeded. Food, service, ambiance, attention to requests for seating preference, wine list & cocktail selection, all done exceptionally well. Outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be.frndlydnersDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I went to the Chop House to celebrate our anniversary. There was a large party seated close by making the atmosphere somewhat noisy. It was chilly outside, and in the restaurant too, as if the air conditioning was on. I ordered the filet, medium and was asked by the server if I wanted a sauce to accompany it. I decided a good steak doesn't need to be masked by a sauce, but when I cut into the filet it was tough and dry...I guess that might be where the sauce would come in handy. But then it wouldn't taste like a filet, it would just taste like a piece of beef We have frequented the Chop House in the past, and had pleasant experiences; not so much the last two times.
- Dinnerlowelleater1Dined on 5/28/2014Best steak ever! Great meal, great server. I will be back when I am in the area. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great service and excellent filet.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Overall it was nice but b/c I took my bf there for his bday, I was disappointed w/his meal. I ordered the surf and turf. My turf was superb but the surf (lobster tail) was the size of 2 jumbo shrimp. Very disappointing for a $55 price tag. My bf's meal was very small portion wise (special cod dish) and his potatoes were cold. The asparagus that came with my meal were limp and tasteless. They should have been grilled. For a total price of $140 w/tip, I expected much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!RandyDined on 5/25/2014Alan, our waiter, provided outstanding service! Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just4meDined on 5/24/2014From the moment we arrived the service was terrific. Our server Neal was excellent and gave us just the right amount of attention. His recommendations were spot on. The atmosphere along with the ambiance and the piano made for a very romantic dinner with my wife. We will come back again. Thanks for making it extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1017 reviews are from the Hanover Street Chophouse reviews archive.
- Perfect for special occaisionsSeanDined on 5/23/2014I recently tried the Chophouse during the Restaurant week. It was truly a great value. The wine was awesome. I love the decor and our waiter was a true gentleman. The Salmon tasted great and potatoes were to die for. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We had our anniversary dinner and it was a great experience, the food, the service. Overall it was a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, otherwise fairDoninNHDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went here for lunch on a Friday afternoon. The woman who was working the front desk was not friendly at all, as she did not welcome us nor did she even try to make any casual conversation. Food was excellent (we both had the meatloaf; incredible!) but it was very cold sitting there. So cold that we both kept our jackets on the entire meal. It boggles my mind that a fine restaurant can't spend the $$ to turn the heat up to a comfortable level. Mind you, we are skiers, so it's not like we are wimps when it comes to cold temperatures. It's just not something we expect when dining out. I'm not sure that we would return. Our waiter was very pleasant, although the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NH Restaurant weekDandBDined on 5/22/2014We went during NH restaurant week. It was outstanding! The service was fantastic (thank you Catherine), the food was outstanding! Everything was cooked to perfection! My prime rib was cooked exactly as I like it (and it was a big piece of Prime Rib). My spouses Hanger Steak was also cooked exactly the way he likes it. Both were very flavorful. The mashed potates where fantastic and his creamed spinach was a perfect compliment to his meal. I can't recommend this place enough!Special Features:
- shirleyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The prime rib was great, skirt steak also very good. The regular priced sirloin strip was not tender and that was disappointing given the high regular price for it. Desserts were good. Coffee weak. Overall a nice dining experience but not memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and MoreSueMDined on 5/19/2014Lots of rich dark leather and cozy corners, but definitely not the place for a quiet conversation. The noise level was exuberant. Our server, David, took excellent care of us, making good recommendations, always there when we needed him, but not hovering. Mom had salmon, I had prime rib. Both were excellent. As were the creme brulee and chocolate torte with which we completed our meal. Great place for a splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerNHdinerDined on 5/19/2014This was the first time we ate at Hanover Street Chop House. It was elegantly furnished. The service was impeccable! We chose this restaurant to privately celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. We took advantage of the NH Restaurant Week special offers.Special Features:
- doesn't get any better than this...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The food was insanely delicious, from the mushroom and scallop appetizers to the veal chop, surf & turf and dessert. Our server was perfect and gave great recommendations for entrees and wine and was always available when needed without ever being intrusive. Overall, it was the perfect evening and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a special night out! This is easily the best restaurant in NH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Had 6:30 reservations. didn't get seated until close to 7:00. It was Restaurant Week and it was crowded. Guessing that they squeezed someone in hoping our party of 6 would be late. Other than that, all was excellent........great food and the wonderful wait lady made it a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerTennisgirlDined on 5/18/2014We love the Hanover Street Chop House and frequent the restaurant every year for my older sons birthday. The food is always impeccable, and service is always outstanding. this time we did encounter some slow service, with it being graduation weekends, and restaurant week. The manager was quick to apologize. Overall it was a great dining experience at the Chop HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marichDined on 5/18/2014My steak was a little on the dry side but I realize that can happen when you order medium well. Great ambiance. We had a 50th anniversary gift certificate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meallaragoneDined on 5/17/2014Decided to go here for restaurant week and it was amazing. A three course meal for $35. The prime rib was amazing....generous portion and cooked to perfection. The strawberry shortcake(the chef's grandmother's recipe) was a fabuloud dessert. Plan to go here far more often as the food is just too good to pass upSpecial Features:
- Perfect evening to a great dayWizardDined on 5/17/2014This was our first visit to the chophouse and it was fantastic! The food was outstanding and the service matched. Could not have been happier with the our dinner and would highly recommend the chophouse for a special occasion...perfect!Special Features:
- tmottDined on 5/16/2014excellent meal. a little loud when crowded. enjoyed the piano bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak aroundDeeBVIPDined on 5/15/2014Delicious steak and well timed service, made for a relaxing eveningSpecial Features:
- Dining at its BestMrzee74Dined on 5/15/2014Chophouse is not your average restaurant. It's a place for a special occasion, business meeting or friendly get together. It' s polished and reserved for adults. The interior is what one would expect for an upscale steak house. Dark panel walls with exposed brick. Booths and tables fill the space. Open kitchen. Lighting is incandescent. Service is professional and friendly. Food quality is excellent with nice presentation. It was an overall pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchlunchheavenDined on 5/14/2014went there on a gift card for birthday lunch- will soon return for dinner. The place is number 1 restaurant in NH for us.Special Features: