nopa - San Francisco
560 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
North Panhandle / USF
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
nopa - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nopasf.com/
- Phone: 4158648643
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6pm - 1am (Bar opens at 5pm with light snacks available until 6pm); Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 11am-2:30pm (Bar open 11am-11pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Laurence Jossel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from nopa - San Francisco
nopa is a San Francisco gathering place north of the Panhandle, serving urban rustic food and specializing in organic wood-fired cuisine. We serve simple food created with seasonal ingredients sourced from local purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
nopa - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in North Panhandle / USF ›
nopa - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (155)hot spot (123)neighborhood gem (113)vibrant bar scene (100)special occasion (97)great for brunch (75)late-night find (72)good for groups (68)notable wine list (60)romantic (34)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ScrumptiousLANAKDined on 7/26/2014We were here for brunch. If you are looking for over sized and overloaded american breakfast Nopa is not your place. It is for people who can appreciate creativity and quality. The food was delicious. The service was great.Special Features:
- All I could want from a restaurantsfjojoDined on 7/24/2014Nopa is all you could ever want from a restaurant- amazingly well versed, and friendly waitstaff, local and seasonal food, and the perfect atmosphere! Now I understand why it is impossible to get a reservation. Nopa is delicious and upscale without being snobby or stuffy. I loved every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2014Another excellent meal at Nopa SF. We were 20 minutes late for our reservation. They were kind enough to call to confirm we were coming while in route, thanks for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014My fiancé and I have dined at Nopa multiple times. We enjoyed everything we ordered. We started with a glass of wine and a beer then had a bottle of Barbaresco. Both went well with what we ordered. Our server however was missing half the time, we had to order our wine from a different server. It took a while in the beginning for our server to greet us which was frustrating since we were so hungry and thirsty coming from a show. But as soon as we received what we ordered, everything just came together again. We love the atmosphere here and the food. I just wish service was a bit more attentive in the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but too hot insideimpressedVIPDined on 7/18/2014we liked the food, but the temperature in the dining room was too warm to enjoy the meal. we sat upstairsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The wine we had was just average, but the baked goat cheese and pork was really good. Just remember to reserve a table...Special Features:
- Fun! Good Food! Great Atmisphere!LAHMDined on 7/15/2014We had a great time at Nopa. Food was good. Fun vibe. Service was great due to the old concept of cross service. Not one person passed our table without a quick glance to see if we needed something or could take a plate away. We were never without drinks or food. The front door was friendly. A very popular restaurant that lived up to its rep. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!JAMaudeDined on 7/15/2014Celebrated two friends' birthdays. Great meal, ideal to share plates, wonderful food, on spot recommendations for wine and cocktails, attentive staff. Will definitely go back again soon--if we can get in!Special Features:
- Just OKLuvFoodDined on 7/10/2014I was really excited to try Nopa out. We were able to get a reservation on a Thursday night. The restaurant looks really nice inside. It's clean, modern, and open, but HOT. Really hot. We saw people fanning themselves. I was in a sleeveless shirt and was very warm. My husband, in a button down, was very uncomfortable. Our waitress was great.Loved her. Our bottle of wine was excellent. As far as food, everything besides the white bean feta appetizer was sub far. We split a burger and bolognese. The burger was super thick and incredibly dry. It wasn't very good at all. The fries weren't special. The bolognese was ok, but not great. It needed more seasoning. Overall, I was really surprised and underwhelmed by the experience.
- Romantic dinnerScottVIPDined on 7/8/2014Food was amazińg, a true experience. Server wasn't overly friendly but the food and the vibrant energy made up for it. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food in a bright settingLaurenDined on 7/8/2014Nopa is brightly lit and benefits from natural sunlight, that make summer dining especially pleasurable. Each dish was more delicious than the last - from a fully loaded avocado toast to a juicy and spicy pork pancetta. You can tell they use fresh ingredients and high quality meats. The flavors are all subtle, but they work together nicely. Only thing to note would be the fairly "light" wine serving. But the wine was great, nonetheless. Definitely a great date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy late-night hotspotNateDined on 7/7/2014Nopa was an amazing experience. The waiter helped move table to the second floor, which I cannot reccommend enough. Looking out over the bar and kitchen is mesmerizing. The food was top notch, and the ambience is very trendy and modern. Best in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Phenomenal Food!!ChefonTheRunVIPDined on 7/7/2014I had heard great things about NOPA and every word was true! The service was phenomenal and the food the food was even better!! I had one glass of wine, the poached duck egg with eggplant caponata, and the smoked trout with quinoa and pickled cherries. WOW!!!! They both were spot on with flavors, textures and overall balance!!! I will eat here again in a heartbeat!! Thank you NOPA!Special Features:
- MagnificentStephenDined on 7/6/2014Best meal I had in the USA. Food was fresh, original and extremely tasty. Service was splendid. Design was understated. Room crowded but not noisy. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decentcflores81Dined on 7/6/2014The vibe is better than the food. The food is not bad but it is nothing noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!theDarbsDined on 7/5/2014Everything was perfect from the small bite that was offered to welcome us, to the gorgeous Cappuccinos at the end of our meal! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Best I've had in San FranciscohoitytoityDined on 7/5/2014Excellent wood-fired food. Fresh CA flavour. I'd return anytime I'm in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Meh...CindaciousDined on 7/2/2014Party of 3 arrived for 6:30 rez and were seated promptly in area I had requested. My second visit, first being many years ago, and my guests first visit. Service was good and the restaurant was soon very busy, especially the bar; on a Wednesday night! Though all seemed well I was not impressed with the food. I/we dine out a lot at truly great spots all over the country (Husk in Charleston anyone:) and I must say that what we ordered was average at best. Small plates: white beans- tasty, calamari- meh, eggplant- horrid. Eggplant had an odd flavor and texture. Roast chix- flavorful but a bit dry. Accompanying melon was wonderful. Duck dish- very undercooked, rare. Brought it home to cook for next night. Olive oil cake- meh... We won't return.Special Features:
- A Lovely Blend of FlavorsPerfectDined on 6/30/2014I loved our dinner at Nopa. Our son insisted that we try it and even made the reservation. We were seated on the 2nd floor above the kitchen. It was amazing to watch the chefs prepare food. I ordered the squab and was served a whole squab, partially de-boned with hummus and a grilled pepper. Every part of the meal was full of flavor and perfectly matched with each other. We finished with a Peach-Blackberry tartlet with Hazelnut Ice Cream. It was absolutely delicious. Service was spot on and warmly given. I can't think of a thing that I could complain about. A+ to Nopa!Special Features:
- NOPAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It was a great experience. Fast and accurate service. The food is awesome and the cocktails are ridiculously good. My dinner was cut short because the cocktails were stronger then I had anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BurgerxodanielDined on 6/28/2014The grass-fed burger was delicious! I will definitely go back on my next visit to SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as I 've hopedMissMollyDined on 6/26/2014Food not as great as I was hoping it to be. Nice staff though.
- overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2014Over hyped, loud restaurant with a huge bar counter with under seasoned food, small portions & limited menu; then Nopa is your choice. Very disappointed after all the great reviews I read.Special Features:
- So good you'll forgive the serviceamblouinDined on 6/22/2014Just go. If you can make a reservation. The service was forgetful and poorly coordinated but the food was SO AMAZING that we barely cared. It would have been nice to coordinate our flight of wine and not have to remind the staff every time (and they would bring my glass and forget the other!!!). A bit frustrating but the food is amongst the best I've had in my life.Special Features:
- noisy, cramped, underwhelming foodSfdinerDined on 6/18/2014Had to book 3 weeks in advance. Noisy, cramped space. Server's butt in my face as he presented wine to next table. Burger good but not up to hype. Food unevenly cooked in vegetable stew. Slow service. Sun in eyes. Irritating experience.Special Features:
- Twice as NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Have been to NOPA for both lunch/brunch and dinner and food did not disappoint. My table was there waiting for me both visits and I will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKimmyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We love Nopa. The pork chop is to die for. The flatbread is the best I have ever tasted. My daughter loves the pasta with butter and cheese. We keep coming back to Nopa. Love it. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOPA IS AWESOMEIrvineFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Absolutely love everything about this restaurant. The quality of the food and creativity of the Chef are exceptional. The French Toast and the coffee pot de creme are must haves. Our server Daniel was very knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NopaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014Great food!!! Long waits, but with the reservation on open table, we skipped the hassle of the host station and went straight to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Amazing food and cocktails. Great staff, very helpful and knowledgable. A must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Had a wonderful dinner in this super popular restaurant. Avocado toast and a terrific porchetta made my night. Very difficult to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and food!TacocaTDined on 6/9/2014Great atmosphere! I loved the lighting and the wood decor in the place. It is definitely upscale but not too snobby and located in a neighborhood near the painted ladies. My compatriots and I were really starving and the food did not disappoint! We all had the famous pork chop cooked medium to perfection. Also shared the Moroccan vegetables which interestingly tasted well. The service was fine, we were just really starving and were talking to each other the whole time. They were all nice and we didn't have to wait long to order. Would definitely recommend this place and come back for the duck and burger!Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014All the food was amazing - so many different and subtle flavors. And, all in a stunning building!Special Features:
- Brunch never disappointsmtf419VIPDined on 6/8/2014Brunch at Nopa should be on everyone's must-do list. Our party of six was seated promptly (they didn't require that our entire party was present, which was appreciated). The custard french toast with blueberries is amazing, as are the egg dishes. Cocktails and mocktails are very well executed. The only criticism is that they stop brunch service at 2:30 and asked us for "last call" on food before we received our orders, so seconds were not an option.Special Features:
- Amazing.chicaDined on 6/3/2014Great service and food. Everthing was very tasty. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014I am so glad I made a reservation a month in advance. Everything about the experience was top notch. I walked out thinking about the next time I could go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but loudSFfoodDined on 6/2/2014Our reservation was late, but the restaurant was loud - almost too loud. Definitely hard to hear across the table. The fries are great and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- great foodThreasaVIPDined on 6/1/2014great food in vibrant room. good wine and beer selection. wine menu was tough to navigate, hard to read in a dark room. I'm sure that comment is aging me, I was with four younger girls none of them could read it either.Special Features:
- A Bucket List Dining ExperienceOpenTableNoobieDined on 6/1/2014Wanted to try this place out because of all the raving reviews, so made a dinner reservation a month in advance to guarantee our preferred date and time. We tried the Wood Baked Butter Beans, the Pork Chops, the Pappardelle, and a side of the French Fries with Basil Aïoli. All were pretty darn good. The beans come with feta, and I'm not a huge fan, but this appetizer was quite delectable. If we were debating between ordering or not ordering the French Fries with the Basil Aïoli again, I'd pass next time. We wish the fries were gourmet. The service is spot on though, and the environment is very energetic. We liked that we were upstairs because there was a little less chit-chatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1127 reviews are from the nopa - San Francisco reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014A perfect way to start a Sunday. I love that they open a half hour "before they open" where guests can sit at the bar and enjoy a drink while the staff readies for the seatings to begin. Try everything!Special Features: