13311 Yonge St.
Richmond Hill, ON L4E 3L6Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sarparestaurant.com/sarpa.htm
- Phone: 9057732188
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sarpa Restaurant
Recently opened, Sarpa is the latest venture from the owners of Terra in Thornhill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sarpa Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Richmond Hill ›
Sarpa Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)good for groups (7)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Champagne Anniversary !lovefoodDined on 12/29/2013We have dined here before and needless to say, we came back because of the exceptional food and service. We were celebrating 29 years on Dec. 29th. Our waiter brought us complimentary champagne at the end of the meal. The grilled calamari app. was delicious as was the Branzino. The prices are not cheap, but the serving sizes are generous and the quality of the food is excellent. Service - attentive and perfectly timed. We will continue to support this fine "north of Toronto" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarpaHamidDined on 12/14/2013everything perfect, I tried Branzino and that is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSarpaDined on 12/7/2013We love going to Sarpa. The food is always good, great menu great and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time diningAM82Dined on 12/7/2013This was our first time dining at Sarpa, I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. We enjoyed the whole experience from the decor to the food. I'm so happy that I have now found a nice place to have good Italian food close to home. We both really enjoyed our meals. Our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happynot4meDined on 11/23/2013We had a reservation for Saturday at 8:30 pm. Unfortunately a snow storm had begun a few hours before. As a result my girlfriend and I decided to go have our cocktails at Sarpa. We arrived about 35 minutes before our reservation. I announced our arrival at the front desk. At that point forward the young lady informed me that our table would not be ready on time as the people were late due to the storm. With a little pre-planning we were early. From there it was all downhill. Could not sit at the bar... private function. Could not wait at an empty table.... they were reserved. If we sat at a tall table while we waited we would have to stay there. This week we are taking 6 people for dinner on the eve of Hanukkah ... elsewhere.Special Features:
- OutstandingWayneVIPDined on 11/23/2013This was the sixth time I have been to Sarpa and I have never been disappointed. The service is always great and the food as well . On this occasion the waiter went beyond the call of duty. There was a freak snow storm and I did not have my snow brush in the car. He went out in the cold to get his brush and lend it to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not SatisfiedPasha80Dined on 11/2/2013Took my girlfriend out for dinner and the whole dinner experience was horrible. The serive was good kind and friendly staff. The food on the other hand was horrible. We couldn't believe it. My girlfriend had ordered gnocchi and they were burnt!!! Yes I said burnt. They were visably burnt and a burnt taste to go along with it. The risotto was brutal!!! I've had great restaurant rissoto and home made but this was almost like cafeteria food or worse coffee truck food. Needless to say we both agreeded that the chef may have been having a bad night so we will visit the restaurant again. Hopefully this time it lines up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Excellent service, staff anddelicious2Dined on 10/27/2013Excellent service, staff and most of all great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Relaxing Meal for TwoOptimisticCynicDined on 10/12/2013If you are celebrating a special occasion or looking for some fine dining out in the suburbs, this is the place for you. The food, service and ambiance were wonderful. Everything abour Sarpa is warm. The staff make you feel welcome if you are dressed formally or a little more casually,Special Features:
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT AROUND!FoodieDined on 10/9/2013Too many good things to say. If you are looking for the best food and service around just go! My friends had mentioned it was a little pricey but after tasting the quality and see the portion sizes, I see great value. You wont be disappointed. The pours on the Martini's are right to the rim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant in Oak RidgesBaileyDined on 10/5/2013Although I prefer the sister restaurant, Terra, the food at Sarpa is high end and good (though the Angus filet was a bit off that night compared to Terra and my prior visit to Sarpa). Ambience is great and the decor is lovely. We had two large groups in our area which made it louder than normal, but you could still have a decent conversation. Desserts are to die for. Definitely a location I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greet food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2013I am a 5-star restaurant goer. I didn't think I would be impressed by a restaurant north of TO in the middle of no way. Surprise surprise!! Great food. From appetizer to desert, enjoyed very bit of it. The server's wine choices are excellent. Great dinning experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and amazing foodsabzDined on 9/27/2013Service was excellent and all our ordered dishes tasted phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food disappointing service andRedronkyDined on 9/27/2013Salad was excellent! Really top notch. My veal Parmesan came burned at the edges, not slightly but noticeably. My husband's was not burned. Cheese cake really needs to be changed. It was dry too hard and lacked creaminess. I recommend Alice's bakery. Service had so many mistakes. Twice food was put down that was incorrect. The back waiters just didn't seem to know who was getting what at our table of four. The waitress who picked up dishes from the table was slow to clear the table because she was piling so many things on her arms . To make things worse, the cutlery slipped off her overloaded dishes back on to the table. The waiters kept reaching across me for things, annoying! They should go behind a diner! Music was far too loud!Special Features:
- Ok mains, store bought dessertsMikeyDined on 9/27/2013Mains are good as before but the deserts were frozen cheesecakes one could buy at Loblaws for a fraction of the price. Also a bit stingy with the martini's as well. For these prices I expect a LOT better.
- Dinner at SarpaakdineDined on 9/14/2013The calamari and shrimp diavallo appertizers were fabulous. The service and food quality is excellent. The mains courses and desserts are exquisite. The manager Michael always greats us upon arrival and ensures our dinner experience meets our expectations.Special Features:
- Always great!JeffDined on 9/7/2013Fourth time there and the food was great as always. I had Diablo Shrimp to start and what a wonderful balance of spice and taste. Spicy but not crazy. Went with the veal parmesian again because it is one of the best I have had anywhere.Special Features:
- Best italian north of the city.Jpr111VIPDined on 8/27/2013If you are going to spend money on fine italian cuisine north of Toronto I would recommend you spend it here. Food is always incredible. The management is great, always treat you well every time you visit. If I had one criticism it would be that the pasta dishes are a tad on the pricey side but overall one of my favourite restaurants north of the city.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceFoodFanDined on 8/26/2013Goat cheese and wild mushroom salad was an excellent appetizer. Portions are large enough for sharing. Entrees were excellent - we had Branzino and veal parm. Loved the cream coloured brick with burgundy accent - décor is very welcoming. Music was very energetic .....too upbeat for me; fast music makes you dine faster. However, I understand they may want to turn tables over quicker...the place was packed on a Monday night! Prices are high enough for me to only recommend this restaurant for special occasions - but I have already recommended it to others in my neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratedPartyof2Dined on 8/21/2013Booking on line was a breeze. We noted that we were celebrating a birthday. There was no further mention of the special occasion until the wait staff came out with the desert plate with best wishes written in chocolate and a candle !! NICE TOUCH. Service was friendly, staff was knowledgeable of the menu and the place had a cool vibe. Good value for the price. Food is excellent. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- FANTASTICO!FoodieDined on 8/13/2013Perfect evening. Everything was on point. Best restaurant in GTA hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Then came the Creme Brûlée :-)))GiluliDined on 7/27/2013Everything was delicious. One of the specials of the day was Fettuccine with a Veal Ragu. It was almost as delicious as the one I occasionally make. When the desert menu was brought I was hoping that Creme Brûlée was not one of the choices, it seldom is anymore. After telling our server I hated him, I ate my brûlée and loved every wonderful mouthful. We had a great dining experience and would most certainly recommend Sarpa to anyone that appreciates a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just go!FoodieDined on 7/17/2013Not much to say other than we had a perfect experience. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Best food and service around. We had Oysters and steaks. Outstanding. Be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but no GemFoodReviewer9001Dined on 7/12/2013Wine selection was good, but food left more to be desired. Veal Parm was slightly dry with stronger oil taste from frying lingering. Chicken dish lacked umph, but was decent enough for the price. Antipasto was as expected. This restaurant is touted as a Gem in the area (northern York Region), but you could find much better quality Italian by driving a bit further south to Vaughan. The service from the waitress was excellent and the staff were all very well presented and welcoming, but in the end, most people judge a restaurant by it's food, so I would rate it a 6 or 7 overall.Special Features:
- SarpaNalaDined on 7/9/2013Excellent food, wine selection, service and ambienceSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere and servicebirthdaygirl1Dined on 7/6/2013The atmosphere and service was very good. The food was good, the gnocchi were over cooked I prefer them softer. Dessert was great!Special Features:
- Good food...butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013We went to Sarpa two weeks in a row because we had been so impressed the first time. The second time we didn't enjoy it so much, I think the noise level with the added 'music" was just too loud and the music didn't add to the ambience, it was just 'noise' and annoying. Food was Ok the second time, but we did feel it was quite expensive for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were outstanding..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013Food and service were outstanding...would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great food at a reasonable priceMOAMDined on 6/2/2013The servers placed us at a table that was requested/reserved earlier, and after asking us kindly to switch they offered us a bottle of Prosecco. The food was delicious, it came very quickly, and the servers paid great attention to the little details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2013The food was delicious but the incessant techno-beat of the too loud music made what was going to be a special dinner out ( for 4) a struggle for us all. There was a large group in the adjacent room which likely contributed to the overall noise level but the music did not suit the elegant space or great menu.Special Features:
- Downtown restaurant in the 905businesslunchVIPDined on 5/12/2013If you live anywhere near Richmond Hill and haven't tried Sarpa .. then you really should. The authentic Italian menu is not as good as any downtown restaurant it is BETTER than most. The menu changes seasonally but the restaurant also offers daily features that exceed my expectations every time. Staff is aways warm and welcoming with none of the attitude you may experience with a downtown restaurant of the calibre. Extensive wine list with prices that range from reasonable to over the top - many choices at both ends of the spectrum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarpa on Mother's DayakdineDined on 5/12/2013Dining at Sarpa is always a very good experience. We are always greeted and seated by the Manager Michael. He ensures our order is correct and to taste. He always stops by for a friendly conversation. I moved our reservation up from 6:30 to 5:30 with no issues. Service is very attentive. One of my favourite dining restaurants and will always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a late seating. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013We had a late seating. Food was excellent. Service was quite slow to get started but finished much better. The restaurant had had several parties earlier but having four empty tables around us made you wonder why you were waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call Ahead!FoodieDined on 4/25/2013Very good. We sat at the bar as it was the only table available. Great vibe, friendly staff and tasty food. We will be sure to reserve a table next time.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!!FoodieDined on 4/7/2013Loved the USDA prime steak! Wasn't expecting to find that at an Italian restaurant, but it was the best steak I've had. It was 42.95 but well worth it, and much less than I would of paid for a steak of that caliber at any steakhouse! Great wine list! My only complaint is they ran out of cheesecake, which I was looking forward too! But the room was packed, so I guess I understand.Special Features:
- Our waitress was not as attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Our waitress was not as attentive as we expected. She spent most of her time at another table of regulars. However, the other staff were very pleasant.Special Features:
- REFRESHINGFoodieDined on 3/27/2013There is way too many restaurants around that don't get it.... SARPA just simply get's it! Superior food and service at its best. If you have not been, you must try it. See you soon.Special Features:
- Amazing! I love Terra andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013Amazing! I love Terra and this has been my first dinner at Sarpa. Scallops and Steak done to perfection. Our servers went beyond our expectations. We found the restaurant rather noisy. There were a few large parties with small children and one child decided to scream at full throttle and others ran around the restaurant. I consider this venue to be upscale based on the price point alone and as much as I love children, this is not the place to entertain them. I don't think this would deter me from returning but I may choose to dine later.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience fromWayneVIPDined on 3/23/2013Outstanding experience from the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left. This is plain and simple a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to return.LolitaMyBelleDined on 3/22/2013Always a pleasure to return. Service is fantastic. Food is delicious as well as well presented. It represents what dining out should be - relaxed, comfortable, great service, great food. We have recommended restaurant many times.Special Features: