Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mentonboston.com/
- Phone: 6177370099x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Kristen Kish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Menton
Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch’s Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef’s Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton, an artful blend of French technique and Italian soul, displays Executive Chef Colin Lynch’s talent for precision, refinement, and visual artistry in the form of two menu options: a four-course prix-fixe and a seven-course chef’s tasting. Guests will relax and enjoy a carefully choreographed culinary experience under the direction of Chef Colin Lynch and GM Meredith Gallagher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Menton reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)fit for foodies (97)romantic (81)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Almost spectacular, but notLikeEatingandNotPickyDined on 4/17/2014The tasting menu was great, almost every dish hit. It progressed nicely and each dish (of the ~15) was flavorful and inventive, with maybe one exception. While the staff was very professional, it was a bit hard to understand their description of each dish because of heavy accents - we stopped asking them to repeat themselves after a while. It actually took a few courses to get a glass of wine I had asked for, but they made up for this with a complementary digestif for my wife and I (we didn't complain at all, they took it upon themselves, which was appreciated). I love the location.Special Features:
- Will return in a heartbeat!NewFavoriteDined on 4/15/2014I was 40 minutes late because of traffic. I called ahead and they kept the table. We had four course dinner with wine pairing. Food was spectacular and full of different layers of flavors. Wine pairing was delicious and very thoughtful. The service was impeccable and very attentive. Fantastic and memorable!Special Features:
- FANTASTICLuvFineFood2Dined on 4/12/2014The Chef's Tasting menu was truly a phenomenal experience of outstanding presentations and tasting experiences combining a wide range of flavors and surprises. The wines were excellent and the service truly professional and attentive. We plan on returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotFredDined on 4/11/2014For dinner, excellent food and wine, service is professional and unobtrusive. Full marks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive and tres cher wineScottyVIPDined on 4/9/2014Extensive and tres cher wine list. Service was excellent and never intrusive. Only critique was that when each course was served, and there are four with the pre- fix menu ( only option is pre- fix), the server gave a rote explanation of the preparation and selection -- it was impossible, however, to understand because the server spoke English so poorly. Not perfect score for ambience because car and truck headlights from street flash through large windows .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Occasion diningL02118VIPDined on 4/3/2014While we went on a random Thursday, just because we had a night off and had wanted to go for quite some time, this place is probably most reserved for special occasions. We did see a lot of business groups out as well. Menu is either prix fixe or tasting. Both are exceptional. Wine list is actually a book and waiters know it front to back. Service is impeccable. .. unbelievable actually. If you're looking to impress, this is the place. One note, I felt somewhat under dressed in a nice sweater. Dresses and suits were standard there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantEvimDined on 4/2/2014From the moment you enter the staff is seeking to accommodate your tastes. We selected the Chef's tasting with the wine pairing to celebrate a special birthday. The dishes were elegantly displayed in a variety of tiles and creative arrangements. Each with a glass of perfectly matched wine. The waiter was well versed in the description of the wine with an emphasis on the region and the aroma for each. This is a pricey meal, but well worth the expense. If your a foodie you will appreciate the taste and flavors that assault your senses. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best tasting menus everColinDined on 3/30/2014I took a good friend to Menton to celebrate a birthday, and wow - we were both blown away. The food, as expected, was fantastic. But even more than that, the waiters were kind and humorous, the sommelier was knowledgeable and witty, and the dinner was a journey rather than a strung together chain of dishes. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a meal to celebrate a special occasion - it will blow your mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesJOBEDined on 3/29/2014Love the welcome. Ordered a drink at the lobby, which i found small and not comfortable as all eyes are on you :-). The drinks took forever to get to us as we were already ordering the wine. The food was excellent and service great. It took a little too long to be served but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real suprise!BillDined on 3/29/2014Even though the restaurant was pricey, the whole experience was well worth it. The service staff was always present but certainly not in your space and there when needed. Courses were ever coming and the food and presentation were exceptional. The whole experience was well worth the cost.Special Features:
- The staff was attentive &StonatuDined on 3/29/2014The staff was attentive & friendly. We had the tasting menu. I found the food to be lacking taste. Presentation was great, but it looked better than it tasted. The saving grace for me was the great wine we had & the staff.Special Features:
- Beyond ExpectationsTChinDined on 3/28/2014Went to Drink before reservation and I highly recommend dealing with the wait to get in as the drinks are wonderful. The Menton host came down and introduced himself and escorted us up to our table when we were ready. Everything was delicious amuse bouche to the mini desserts and macaroons at the very end. My cocktail with lemon and lavender was heaven in a glass. You get what you pay for -yes it's pricey, but it is oh so worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menton was a fabulous diningbostonfoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014Menton was a fabulous dining experience. The food tasted simply amazing and was beautifully prepared. We will definitely be coming again hopefully sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2014You may try to find a better restaurant in New England, but this restaurant would be hard to top. Outstanding in every manner.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience; perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014A wonderful experience; perfect for our celebration.Special Features:
- As Good As It Gets in BeantownOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014First class all the way. Menton is one of America's great restaurants. From start to finish, Menton treats you as a special guest. Food is off-the-chart delicious. Only criticism relates to fellow diners - I'm always disappointed to see jeans and other casual attire in a restaurant of this caliber. Expensive, but worth it. (Be prepared to spend at least $350 for two, including tax and tip.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence, with a personal touch23andCountingDined on 3/23/2014My wife and I recently dined at Menton for our 23rd anniversary. For years now, I have selected a new, "top tier," restaurant for our special anniversary dinner. With 5 school age children, this is a special and infrequent splurge. Our experiences have been mixed. Menton was really exceptional. In addition to the quality/creativity of the food and the amazingly extensive wine list, what most impressed us was the knowledge and warmth of our servers. Not only did they proactively and helpfully engage to educate and offer insights and suggestions regarding choices and pairings, they did so with incredible patience and warmth, making us feel so comfortable and welcomed. They even made us a special 23rd anniversary dessert treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Really great food and very consistent. No 5's but everything like 4.5 stars. I liked food better and found it more consistent that L'Esplier, Clio, Sorrelina, Mistral, etc. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Fit for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014Menton surprised and delighted us throughout the night. Not only were the courses we ordered delicious, creative and portioned perfectly, but we were continually served additional, innovative small bites. From the host to the server, our service was great. Not only were all dishes presented in a timely fashion but everyone was informative and friendly. I had this notion that Menton staff would have a posh air but they definitely did not. The decor was lacking in warmth and attitude but we didn't go to Menton for the ambience. While expensive, Menton should be on any foodies list to celebrate a special occasion with delicious food and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and better serviceyourxserviceDined on 3/21/2014I visited Boston solely to eat at Menton. My company and I tried the prix fixe meal. I will definitely be back for the chef's tasting. I love how innovative the menu is! Even though French food gets a bad reputation for having tiny servings, you will leave Menton full and happy. Save for a special date/ occasion and enjoy!Special Features:
- Fantastic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2014My girlfriend and I just visited for our second anniversary (as we did for our first, NYE, and a variety of other times over the last few years). Every time we go we are floored by the food, the wine, and most of all the service. They even remembered our cheese preferences! Anyway, it's an utterly amazing place. Three pro tips I might offer: 1. Arrive early and have a cocktail in the elegant lounge area in front. The mixed drinks are creative and well-executed. 2. Don't miss the caviar service! I never really thought about it, but it's the best in town. And 3. if you've only come for special occasions and done the longer tasting menu, try coming in on weeknight and just getting the prix fixe and a nice bottle of wine. Good living!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food on a well chosenNapa2013Dined on 3/20/2014Excellent food on a well chosen Restaurant Week menu, reasonably priced for what was offered. They even seemed to remember our personal preference from our only previous visit a year agoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/19/2014Excellent service and impressive wine list but meals lacked creativity and taste you would expect from this adressSpecial Features:
- I felt that the food was good,ModelerVIPDined on 3/17/2014I felt that the food was good, but not great. I've been to a number of similarly priced restaurants in NY and San Francisco, and Menton does not compare favorably. You just don't get the Wow effect with the food, it's not as flavorful as I expected. Overall, I feel it's a fairly poor value for the money.
- Best Dining ExperienceSeafoodshowexperienceDined on 3/17/2014We selected to do the chef's tasting menu & wine paring for our dinner. I have traveled the world and so had our other guests and have many fine dining experiences, this was hands down one of the best experiences we have all ever had, the service was off the charts impeccable, the food was out of this world amazing and the wine paring with each course was perfection. 100% recommend Menton's and will go back next year without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite service/excellent cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2014During this visit, my party consisted of my girlfriend, my parents, and myself. Given that my parents are difficult eaters, I called ahead to ask if my pre-order dinner for everyone and withhold dinner menus, even though this time I was choosing only the pre-fixe Dine Out Boston menu (when my girlfriend and I were last there, we had the full chef's tasting menu, which was of course superb). Menton happily accommodated this and tactfully handled the menu absence. When the main course arrived, my mother inquired about her main course (a lovely garlic crespelle) and sent it back, claiming health reasons. Menton kindly made her another dish and did not complain or charge extra, even though they would have been justified in doing so. Impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining experiencefinedine12VIPDined on 3/14/2014Upon walking through the front door you are whisked into the finest culinary adventure one can take without leaving the Boston area. Phenomenal service could only be trumped by the gourmet morsels and brilliant wine selections. The entire evening was tailored to our tastes and preferences and we can not say enough wonderful things about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in BostonWikaDined on 3/13/2014My wife and I had dinner here after a long trek back from the west coast. We arrived early around 5:30 PM. Everything is thought out very well from the table selection (they seemed to sense we wanted some privacy) to the final check. The table staff was extraordinarily knowledgeable about the menu and were attentive to our every need. Not only one person assisted. Many were at the table for serving us throughout the meal. We really enjoyed sharing our time at Menton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth it!sue393Dined on 3/10/2014The service was impeccable and the atmosphere perfect for our intimate birthday celebration. We chose the tasting menu which was a good choice to try the wide variety offered on the menu. Only one of the 14 offerings were not to either of our liking but we didn't complain. However, the kitchen and our servers noticed and brought out another dish as a replacement - which was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food & servicewanwanDined on 3/10/2014Foods were well prepared, imaginative and tasty. Their foie gras was one of the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 3/8/2014Delicious! Couldn't have been more perfect, the 7 course chef tasting was incredible. Would definitely recommend, and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection comes on dishes!StoNinerTheFoodCriticVIPDined on 3/7/2014Well planned dishes with great attention to detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too muchhighmainteaterDined on 2/28/2014Too many dishes, too many spices, too high a price point, ambiance very mediocre. Seemingly unsophisticated crowd.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealCaptainHaddockVIPDined on 2/23/2014We ate on a Sunday so it was quiet. We took the chef's tasting with wine pairings. This was probably the best meal we have ever had. The wine pairings were simply superb. Service was impeccable and all our servers could tell us everything about the wines and how the food was prepared. Counter to previous reviews, the courses were well paced and the duration of our meal was not excessive. The portions are small (and delicious), but at the end we were very satiated. We have to go back just to try the cheese trolley, which looked amazing every time it was wheeled past us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menton's kitchen is world-class.NicknameVIPDined on 2/21/2014Menton's kitchen is world-class. The entire experience is luxurious, cosseting, and ambrosial. If I have any complaint, it's that a meal at Menton moves very slowly. The short menu takes three hours. I'm told the tasting menu takes more than four hours. I grew weary of sitting and waiting for each course to be served. But each was phenomenal, and for a blowout meal on a special occasion, I can't imagine doing better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved every aspect of our mealMrsBDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Menton. The atmosphere is serene and comfortable. For a very upscale French restaurant the vibe is not stuffy at all. The service was genuinely friendly - i.e. we didn't feel stupid asking what some of the words on the menu meant! I am pregnant and our server was very attentive to the fact that I needed meat cooked through but I didn't want to lose the integrity of the dish. So even though my fish and venison were cooked more than my husband's, I don't feel like I missed out at all. We had the four course prix fixe and will certainly return to the restaurant when I am no longer pregnant to try the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. Fabulous restaurant, fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food with unsurpassed serviceReddVIPDined on 2/16/2014Looking for fine food, great service in a quiet, comfortable atmosphere? This is it. But non foodies and people of modest means, beware. The lowest price is $95.00 per person for a four course prix fixe dinner without drinks or tips. Also, the options are limited to four items for each course and there was no steak, pork or lamb on the menu Sunday. There was foie gras, octopus and rabbit. Finally, this is one of the few spots in Boston where everyone still dresses up. It's a great place, apparently very popular (full restaurant Sunday night), and worth it. It's just not for everyone.Special Features:
- Worth the Splurge!StacyDDined on 2/16/2014The Chef's tasting with wine is just simply spot on. Every course is meant to have each accompaniment with the star ingredient makes for a perfect bite and the wine just further sets the taste for a fantastic meal throughout! I would loved to have tried the rabbit that was offered on the pre fix but how can you not do the chef's tasting at Menton! This was a redemption for me as I had a less than stellar experience as #9 Park a few months ago and would never go back. Barbara you won me back with Menton!Special Features:
- reviewnickVIPDined on 2/12/2014overall this restaurant is very overpriced for what it offers. The food is poor, the ambiance very average and the service substandard. It is hard to see why anyone would go back a second time.
- Way below expectationsjohnDined on 2/11/2014For a Barbara Lynch restaurant the food (especially given the prices) was only fair at best. We have been to No. 9 Park many times and enjoyed it.Trying and not succeeding at being a high end French style restaurant. We would not return or recommend.