Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
1105 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasolastuscangrill.com/
- Phone: 9547668700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Di Meo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
We invite you into our small corner of the world, The Tuscan Grill on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. We can only warn you that you may never want to leave. The setting is a waterfront al fresco dining experience if you choose to dine in our outdoor patio. If you prefer indoor dining, come enjoy our cozy 40 seat dining room, or our well stocked bar, and enjoy a dinner like no other. You will be warmly greeted by Gabriel Salas, our General Manager, and taken care as if you were in your very own home. Come enjoy the delights of the Tuscan Grill in a wonderful atmosphere with your family or friends, you will always leave with more that you arrived with and look forward to returning again soon. Buon Appetito!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- First time at Tuscan GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012First time at Tuscan Grill and my husband and I being Italian really enjoyed the entire experience. Food was very good, wine was very good and I would definitely recommend to friends. Bon apetite!!!Special Features:
- This is the third year inPhillip41VIPDined on 2/4/2012This is the third year in a row that we've eaten at Tuscan Grill while on vacation!Food and service have been excellent,especially salads and pastas!Charming and professional service!Special Features:
- Food was very good but notRobertDined on 2/4/2012Food was very good but not outstanding. Menu could use more veal and seafood options for an fine Italian menu. Wine list could use more options in the $35.00 to $50.00 price range. $50.00 for a retail $10.00 bottle of Italian wine is a little much.Special Features:
- excellent food...gracious1njgalVIPDined on 1/29/2012excellent food...gracious service...one of the best restaurants on Las OlasSpecial Features:
- We were given a table in aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2012We were given a table in a small outside patio on a night that was almost too cool, but we were comfortable though the staff disruptively closed the accordian doors behind us during our meal in order to make those inside more comfortable. Overcoming that, things proceeded well. The salad was large enough to share, though nothing special, but the short-ribs-filled ravioli excelled, as did the chicken. But there is high high price and pretense to be found; does beef really need to be "priced to market" like lobster? And better ask "specials" prices; they are not necessarily in keeping with those dishes on the menu. But good food and decent service can generate a good time, and overcome certain shortcomings, and did for us.Special Features:
- Excellent dining, outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/8/2012Excellent dining, outstanding food, all requests came as ordered.Special Features:
- Try to get there every timeMarkSVIPDined on 1/5/2012Try to get there every time I visit Ft Lauderdale. Consistently good food and great service.Special Features:
- We had a very nice table closeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011We had a very nice table close to the bar. the food was very good and especially the wine list we can recommend. The prices are reasonable from 30 Dollar up to ...........Special Features:
- If you like waiting an hourWineDineAnytimeVIPDined on 12/27/2011If you like waiting an hour for cold undercooked pasta while having to scream so the people at your table can hear you because it is so loud, then this is your place. If not, then go to Johnnie V's for a real dining experience.
- Our night out was one of mixedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Our night out was one of mixed feelings. First of all, parking is absolutely horrible...not knowing where to go, where to park, I ended up bringing my girlfriend through a back alley with garbage to simply get to the front of the place (parking is in back). The staff was incredible, very nice and sincere. Our waiter was a bit sluggish, but was compensated by another waiter who helped us out. The food was fantastic, yet a bit pricey for the amount given. Nonetheless, the food was to die for. Our dessert was extremely small, and not so great (Zoccotto). I would have rather gone to McDonalds and gotten a mcflurry. Overall, the experience was great, it was just the small details that stuck out. Food was exceptional, ambience was great!Special Features:
- Not enough help on a busy nightcyndc1Dined on 12/26/2011The food was outstanding. However, it took a long time to get our order placed. An older couple who sat themselves at a table after we were seated were able to order before us and had their meal before we ordered our's. I don't blame our server, as there was not enough help and he was running back and forth between the downstairs/outdoors part of the restaurant (which appeared to be next door) and the front patio where we were sitting. They should have had someone else working the other area. I did notice the general manager making efforts meeting peoples' needs (other people near us who made a special request). We didn't complain about the service because it appeared they were short-handed.Special Features:
- Food was very good as usual.PW22VIPDined on 12/25/2011Food was very good as usual. The outside area is a great setting and ideal during the winter months. Servers very pleasant. Great spot whether for two people or a group.Special Features:
- Relatively inexpensive withBerdanVIPDined on 11/12/2011Relatively inexpensive with large pasta dishes. All had the same red sauce. Stick with the meat dishes, the sauces were too heavy for the seafood and fish. Food was a little bland for an Italian restaurant chain. If you like wine, check the wine list before you go. Wine list was limited with wines mark ups a little higher than other restaurants in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
- we had a table outside onBelugaVIPDined on 11/11/2011we had a table outside on the patio below, and it was a beautiful spot. service and food were wonderful!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable. Large portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2011Very enjoyable. Large portions, well prepared, and served at the proper pace. Friendly, helpful service. Especially enjoyed the calamari appetizer and the grilled sea bass. Will return.Special Features:
- The food was excellent butLouisVIPDined on 9/17/2011The food was excellent but the service was a little on the "sleepy" side. The waiters, although pleasant, appeared to be either overworked or just lazy.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011What a pleasant surprise. Located on Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale, my boyfriend and I were a bit skeptical to try a restaurant that we had never heard of. We had a reservation for 8:30 and arrived early to grab a drink at the bar. Our bartender was very friendly and made a great cocktail. The host came to us to inform us that our table was ready, but not to rush. Once ready, we sat down to a lovely table and had a wonderful waiter who was more than happy to answer any questions we had. We ordered a caesar salad, and two homemade deliscious pasta dishes, one with pumpkin and the other with cheese and pears. The menu was great as well as the nightly specials! Try it!Special Features:
- A Tuscan SadnessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2011To be fair and accurate, I cannot rate the food because we left before eating much more than the canned olives. The menu was uninspired and, with the exception of one or two breathtakingly expensive specials, there was little appeal. The wine list was large, but it was like reading the Federal budget : nothing, and I do mean nothing, was within reach. Even the bottom-shelf grocery store bottles commanded prices that were exclusionary. From there it went downhill as the prices continued up and up. So, having sampled nothing more than the water and the sad olives we hitched up our dignity and marched out for greener pastures. It seemed a shame because the water-side table was lovely and the setting seemed peaceful.Special Features:
- The restaurant is locatedmiamistuDined on 8/6/2011The restaurant is located just east of all the Las Olas hubub. Food was better the last time we ate there. The arrugala and pear salad was expensive and lacked pears. The monkfish special was woefully overseasoned and small portioned for the price.Special Features:
- Tuscan Grill: Excelllent dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2011I loved the food and the ambiance at the Tuscan Grill. The service was impeccable!Special Features:
- We ordered a bottle of wineJBlondonDined on 4/2/2011We ordered a bottle of wine in the bar prior to moving to the dining room and when they billed us it was for a wine almost 3 times the cost. I explained to the maitre'd that there was some mistake. He was very gracious. The bartender did come over and she told me that I had accepted the wine, which I had, but as I didn't know any of the wines I hadn't known it was the wrong one. I felt she was putting the blame on me but the maitre'd charged us only what we had thought we had ordered. His handling of the situation was extremely professional and didn't overshadow our excellent dinner there with friends.
- I have dined at Tuscan GrillKenPVIPDined on 3/30/2011I have dined at Tuscan Grill more than a dozen times over the years. Dependable - always very good food, well prepared. Service is directly inverse to number of diners - this time there were just a couple dozen people and the service was attentive. I have dined there when both the upstairs and patio were full and you couldn't beg to find a waiter. The wine list is terrific - for $80 you can have a very nice selection of Italian reds that you don't find on many lists for under $100.Special Features:
- disappointing, at best. thelulubelleDined on 3/23/2011disappointing, at best. the pear ravioli w/ gorgonzola sauce was flat and main ingredients not detectable. two of us ordered the fish which was supposed to have a white wine caper sauce but instead, came covered w/ a thin red unidentifiable sauce (we were engaged in conversation and didn't notice right away, but the waiter should have let us know). the grouper was done nicely, though, and the bread and tiramisu saved the meal. it wasn't our 1st choice for an italian restaurant, but will now not even be an option.
- Our group of 6 sat outsideBoatladyCTVIPDined on 3/17/2011Our group of 6 sat outside at the lower level, service was great, we could all talk and hear each other, wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- service was very good.theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2011service was very good.the food was average at the best.Special Features:
- Always a good choice, try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2011I have been coming here since 2004. I can say I like the more personal touch when Rino owned/worked there. The food is always good though and servers are usually very nice. They have interesting dishes. Great Italian food. I believe most would enjoy this place so I do recommend it! When driving up, it can be easy to pass up. So slow down it is the first building and parking is just past it.Special Features:
- We just thought the food wasFrancineVIPDined on 2/27/2011We just thought the food was average...nothing special at all.
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/27/2011The food is excellent. We sat on the patio and the street noise was at times too lud with the motorcycles. Servicde is excellent. Great attitudes. I will return with my lady as she too was impressed.Special Features:
- Out of signature dish ChileanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2011Out of signature dish Chilean sea bass at 7:30 pm- inexcusable! Also had to wait 15 minutes for bread. Wine list not very exciting. Food was great.Special Features:
- First visit was better. Didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2011First visit was better. Didn't seem to have as many specials. Waiters were very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting on Las OlasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2011Wonderful setting on Las Olas Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale. Gabriel was our waiter extraordinaire!. He was very attentive to our needs even while handling other tables. We had the Chilean Sea Bass, wonderful calamari appetizer, stuffed artichoke appetizer, stuffed meatball, mussels with linguini, and shrimp scampi. All were well prepared and quite tasty. The shrimp scampi was only graded a B instead of an A because it tasted more oily than buttery. We were full before we were finished with the entrées. There is a four course combo dinner which provides a great meal for $30. This was our first trip. We will go back again often. The bread was magnificent.Special Features:
- A lovely gem of a restaurant1njgalVIPDined on 2/7/2011A lovely gem of a restaurant on Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale. Great outside dining...nice ambiance inside. Good service...diversified menu...a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Not worth the money. It wasboBNunnyDined on 1/22/2011Not worth the money. It was $90 with tip for 2 people with a glass of wine each. The food was just OK, while the service was rushed; trying to get you in and out. Even their wine was overpriced; even for a restaurant. Not worth going out of your way for and certainly not for the price.
- StaleWeekendTravelerDined on 1/19/2011The pasta was undercooked and the veal tasted as if it was reheated. I would not go back. It was a better experience when I was there a year ago.
- A bit more attention to theleesmthVIPDined on 1/3/2011A bit more attention to the food quality and this would be a great place. Chicken parm was not one of the best I've had, although the meat lasagna was very good.
- The Tuscan Grill is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2010The Tuscan Grill is our favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. The food is authentic Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Service was good and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/30/2010Service was good and staff very friendly. Nice location. Outdoor dining faces street, but it was relaxing.Special Features:
- If it had not been havingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/25/2010If it had not been having to beg for water after sitting for 20 minutes, then begging for a wine list and waiting for that for another 20 minutes, the rating may have been higher. While seated and waiting and asking for things, we watched a group be seated and served instantly with an olive tray, bread tray, water and refills on wine. We continued to wait. The table next to us had to ask quite often for their service as well. We wanted to stand up and yell; "HELLO! DO YOU SEE WE ARE HERE!" At points we had to hunt the service down. The piano player was fantastic and made our night. The food was phenomenal. If I had not read reviews and knew I was going to have to wait, I would have gotten up and left. But that much waiting... c'mon!Special Features:
- Food and service are quiteTeddVIPDined on 12/12/2010Food and service are quite good despite the tired feeling and appearance of the interior.Special Features:
- Prior experiences were 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2010Prior experiences were 5 star - recent experience this past Saturday was just ok...hoping this was an anomaly and our next visit will return to 5 star status - we were admittedly disappointed in our most recent visit. Some of our favorite food selections were unavailable and the restaurants attempt to address some concerns, while appreciated, still left us disappointed overall...Special Features: