Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
1105 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasolastuscangrill.com/
- Phone: 9547668700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Di Meo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale
We invite you into our small corner of the world, The Tuscan Grill on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. We can only warn you that you may never want to leave. The setting is a waterfront al fresco dining experience if you choose to dine in our outdoor patio. If you prefer indoor dining, come enjoy our cozy 40 seat dining room, or our well stocked bar, and enjoy a dinner like no other. You will be warmly greeted by Gabriel Salas, our General Manager, and taken care as if you were in your very own home. Come enjoy the delights of the Tuscan Grill in a wonderful atmosphere with your family or friends, you will always leave with more that you arrived with and look forward to returning again soon. Buon Appetito!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tuscan Grill - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- ServiceGoodeatsVIPDined on 9/4/2013Waiter had an arrogant ice-cold demeaneor,,,, it was a shame as the food was good.Special Features:
- A nice restaurantJohnFVIPDined on 8/21/2013I have to say that although the evening was nice we cannot give it the top marks as previous visits. There was not the top interest from the start to finish. Somehow there was no management on duty or not visible which reflected in the lack of interest From the entire staff, seemed to be very lackluster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and too loudBrianVIPDined on 8/10/2013Had reservations inside and got sat outside. Service was very slow and they changed our server three times. The food was ok, nothing great. It was hot though lacked any special flavor. Wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- We had a lovely dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013We had a lovely dinner and will definitely return. I had the pappardelle Oslo bucco which was flavorful and just the right amount of food. My husbands shrimp scampi was just okay. It lacked seasoning and the shrimp was over cooked. We had the prosciutto and melon to start which was fabulous! Service was very good and the restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Under The Stars24dinnerVIPDined on 7/19/2013My Los Olas favorite for a relaxing dining experience under the stars . Enjoy sparkling Italian wine, sparkling conversation and a Italy inspired menu that's sure to please . Recommend Mediterrranean Branzino, as a special" that night entree" and the Caprese salad is as good as it gets. My dining partners really enjoyed the Pumkin Ravioli. While dining on weekends, enjoy the sounds of great standards from the Piano Bar. Put it all together for a very affordable evening of dining ,wining,and romancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional specials offeredOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2013Exceptional specials offered by waiter - paired nice wine with both - outstanding overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was delicious. ThethefoxsaysVIPDined on 5/11/2013Dinner was delicious. The fish selections were outstanding. They even made us burnt broccoli by request.. Served in very timely manner. Will definitely return when we are in the area for a show.Special Features:
- CIGAR SMOKERS PARADISECAROLVIPDined on 5/10/2013WHILE ENJOYING A WONDERFUL MEAL THE TABLE NEXT TO US LIT UP THE CIGARS WHICH WE WERE TOLD MY THE MANAGER WAS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE. WELL NOT IN MY BOOK. IT TOTALLY RUINED THE AMBIENCE AND BROUGHT TO A SHORT CONCLUSION OUR WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- We enjoyed Tuscan Grill veryJudiVIPDined on 4/19/2013We enjoyed Tuscan Grill very much. We sat outside on the patio area by the canal and enjoyed the small boat traffic which added to the ambiance. The food was excellently prepared and served and the piano music added to the atmosphere. Recommend this to friends and family.Special Features:
- Delicious food, beautifulLoriDined on 3/23/2013Delicious food, beautiful location, and amazing piano player!!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.BelugaVIPDined on 3/9/2013We had a wonderful dinner. Our server, Bobby, was very helpful in choosing the wine, and we had excellent service. The piano was a beautiful backdrop, and we had an amazing time. We always do here. Thank you!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/26/2013This was our first visit to the Tuscan Grill. We love Italian food. The food here was over the top delicious, the wait staff was friendly and allowed us to enjoy dinner and did not rush us. It was a great experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian cuisineJorgeVIPDined on 2/24/2013Overall, my dining experience was surprisingly very good: attractive menu, felt welcomed, food for delicious and they invited us an after drink at the end.Special Features:
- The addition of Baby GrandAngelDined on 2/24/2013The addition of Baby Grand Piano with a marvolous Musician was a treat! Everyone should try this place!!Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013My boyfriend and I went to the tuscan grill for dinner one Saturday night. We got a table right by the piano which was fantastic. There were candles on every table. It was chilly that night but they had the heaters out. Our server was knowledgeable on wines and was attentive. From the bread at the beginning to the last bite of my meal, I enjoyed. I will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed dining atKenPVIPDined on 2/16/2013We have enjoyed dining at the Tuscan Grill over several years - our favorite Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale area. Always good to very good Italian food and wine. Service can slip on busy nights but this time was just right for the two of us. Piano player was top notch and aided in the outdoor atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was Valentine's Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It was Valentine's Day and pouring rain. We were seated in the below ground dining area that was open to a garden and the street above. On a clear night it would have been very romantic. The pianist was outstanding. But the pouring rain was coming in at the side and the folks seated near the opening were getting wet. One man was sitting with his open unbrella over his head and back. They did not to my knowledge offer to move him. The floor which was concrete was wet with the draning water. The food was just OK, the past was very dry and we asked for more sauce and we were accomodated. The experience was just something to talk about. However, I would like to go back on a clear night and try it again because it was very romantic.Special Features:
- Food and Service were great!jevqVIPDined on 2/7/2013Food and Service were great! Ate outside and people watched. Beautiful nite.Special Features:
- Food was not that great forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Food was not that great for the price. Potatoes and veggies not fully cooked.
- The food was very good (albeitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/25/2012The food was very good (albeit not exceptional for the price). The service was friendly but a bit inconsistent. The atmosphere is very nice, especially if you eat outside in the courtyard on a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Good food, though the puttanescaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012Good food, though the puttanesca was lacking in flavor and spice. Not at all what I am used to. I would recommend this restaurant to friends, with the caveat that they not sit at the round table. Though the six of us loved the location of the table, and the fact that it was round and not rectangular (much easier for conversation)it was situated right under two a/c vents that dripped during the entire meal. While we were eating, someone came with a mop-type apparatus and wiped them off. We all immediately covered our food with our napkins and hands, not sure what was going to fall off onto the table. It really didn't help for long, so rearranged our seating so that the drips fell in between us. Sort of put a damper on the evening.Special Features:
- Very friendly and professionalmsw1VIPDined on 11/10/2012Very friendly and professional service. Menu terrific but specials are good bets.Special Features:
- The food is great, fresh Italian,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The food is great, fresh Italian, and the atmosphere outside is very pleasant. My only reluctance in recommending this restaurant is having trouble getting reservations in the future because I am a local!Special Features:
- An abberationLoveslobsterDined on 10/16/2012We are frequent diners at Tuscan grill but this time the service was horrendous and the food just above that. The waiter argued with us about an overcharge. We had ordered ice cream with an espresso to be poured over it...affogato...the ice cream was served and after a fifteen minute wait, because there were no waiters around! we got the espresso . Then we were charged extra for it. The pasta with shrimp was non descript and the Branzini overly peppered. The vegetables were cold. Hopefully the chef who usually cooks was having a day off and when we return the usual high standard will have returned.
- Three years ago we dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2012Three years ago we dined at Tuscan Grill. Party of three. Food very good. When the bill came, the tip was added in but the waiter declined to advise us and I noticed it as I was adding a tip in. This time, just tonight......, same experience. Food good, party of three, and tip added in when the credit card signage slip was presented. We were not informed of this and the waiter was pissed when we asked him. Probably did not want the other diners near us to hear because he was intending to do the same to them. WOW. So disappointed. Owners.......if you condone this.....shame on you......If not.......stop it.......took us three years to retry. Will have to think hard before I entertain the idea of returning.Special Features:
- Gabriel, the General Manager,not2pickyVIPDined on 8/18/2012Gabriel, the General Manager, served our table and was very gracious and accommodating. It was our first time there n And we feel like we've found a new favorite place. Food was delicious and portions adequate.Special Features:
- Loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Loved this place. We went on a Wednesday night of our vacation and we sat down by the water. It was as if we were the only ones there (there were other large tables of familes with kids), but we never really noticed. Our server was very personalble asking about us and spending time sharing his own experinces of Texas. My husband had really been wanting fetticini alfredo with grilled shrimp but it was not on the menu. No worries, the chef made it special for him and it was the best ever!!! He loved it and still speaks of how wonderful the pasta and sauce tasted. We will always return to Tuscan Grill when in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- a little spot with big flavormeowDined on 7/19/2012fresh stuff; great bread; generous portions; service was impersonal; however, the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- The food and service (Fernando)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012The food and service (Fernando) was excellent. The wine was outstanding. Great view of the water and a lovey atmosphere. We will be back. Oh, the garlic bread!!Special Features:
- Gabriel Salas, the GM, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012Gabriel Salas, the GM, was outstanding and made the evening a memorable experience. Prices were a bit high, but food was great.Special Features:
- Great restaurant that I willOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012Great restaurant that I will return to again and again. It's an excellent place to acquaint your friends and family with the flavor of Las Olas.Special Features:
- Four of us dined and orderedMveycDined on 3/17/2012Four of us dined and ordered different items, each entree had issues. The braised short ribs, should have been fork-tender -- they were dry and overcooked like shoe leather. The pasta with it, tasted like BBQ sauce, not a red wine reduction. The risotto with the scallops was way undercooked, if you've ever had uncooked rice -- it's inedible. The Bolengnese was very average. Don't waste your money -- it's too bad because it appears to be a charming dining spot.
- Good traditional Italian food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012Good traditional Italian food, good service. Outside deck is ice option.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2012My wife and enjoyed Tuscan Grill when we went there last week. Our food was fresh and delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful. Great wine list as well. Dimly lit and romantic but also perfect for small groups (6 or under). The restaurant features outside seating on Las Olas Blvd as well, which is great for couples. Tuscan Grill is am excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal. The shortDougWDined on 3/4/2012Fantastic meal. The short rib ravioli with truffle oil was to die for. Daniel provided great service. Will definately go back again soon.Special Features:
- Always consistent. Always terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2012What another terrific meal at the Tuscan Grill. So much to choose from on the menu along with the special items, but somehow you still feel like the selections are carefully crafted. Everything from the service, location, to the food quality and creativity is primo! The sales manager, Gabriel, is always there with a huge warm smile to greet each guest and ensure they're accommodated for their every whim. The food, outstanding. This time I enjoyed the short rib ravioli with porcini mushroom sauce. With the garnish of just a little truffle oil sealed the deal. Unbelievable. The Tuscan Grill is always in my rotation for a special evening of terrific ambience and outstanding Italian food!Special Features:
- Nice out door dining on theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/29/2012Nice out door dining on the river. Our waiter was very attentive. Portions are ample. Enough to split unless you have a huge appetite. We split Caesar salad. (Just enough dressing ) and pumpkin ravioli with sage butter and pine nuts. Amazingly good. Garlic rolls and eggplant, olive tapenade are complimentary and great for a starter. The wine list could have more choices from places other than Italy. All in all a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- We were a party of 6 and weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2012We were a party of 6 and we all enjoyed all the food served.and there was plenty of it - really large portions. We sat on the lower patio - I always prefer outdoor dining as I find it quieter, but , in this case the lower patio lacks atmosphere.Special Features:
- Sat outside at the small butsuperdaveDined on 2/27/2012Sat outside at the small but pleasant patio. Two couples; able to converse easily. Delicious comp. antipasto. Good service and reliable italian cuisine. Decent wine list. 2nd time here - will go again.Special Features:
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012Worst service ever! Waiter did not even come to table for until 25 minutes after we sat down. Then he told us it's saturday night and you should expect to wait because we're busy. How about adding staff for to accommodate a busy place. I'll leave it at that, because it was all down hills from here.