25 Rogers St.
Gloucester, MA 01930Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latfortythree.com/
- Phone: 9782810223x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Limited Menu available in the Tavern until 11 every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zack Sears
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Latitude 43 offers off-site catering for a variety of different events and special occasions. We offer full service event planning as well as simple food delivery for catered functions. Whether you are looking to host a clam bake on the beach, a sophisticated sit down 5 course dinner, or a family style buffet for a casual event, our event planner can work with you to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Latitude 43 offers private dining in the main dining room that can accommodate parties of up to 50 people. The room is separated from the main dining area with a heavy floor to ceiling curtain and offers views of Gloucester harbor.
- Private Party Contact: Zach Sears 9782810223x
- Entertainment: "The Stage" at Latitude 43, located in our laid back tavern, features live music Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Please see our website for this week"s musicians.
If you are looking for a mellower experience, visit our main dining room every Thursday evening for our weekly Jazz Dinner with Mark Early and Friends.
- Public Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot at Latitude 43 which can accommodate up to 30 vehicles with 2 handicapped spaces closest to the building. There is also plenty of on street parking as well as a larger public parking lot at Fisherman"s Wharf, which is only a short 1 minute walk to the restaurant.
A word from Latitude 43
Latitude 43 Restaurant and Sushi Bar is a contemporary seafood restaurant on the harbor featuring coastal cuisine and creative sushi. The beautifully constructed restaurant is a delight to the senses, featuring green architecture, museum worthy sculptures, beautiful water views, and a sushi bar lowered into the floor for an authentic sushi experience. The restaurant also houses a cozy living room with a granite fireplace and a casual tavern with a pub style menu and regular live entertainment. In the summer, dine outside on our oceanfront patio and indulge in one of our many culinary delights while sipping on a creative cocktail. In the winter, relax by the warmth of our fire with a glass of wine and a tasty appetizer.Continued
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Latitude 43 - Best Restaurants in Gloucester ›
Latitude 43 reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)scenic view (54)great for lunch (30)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- All staff was efficient and3XALADYDined on 7/10/2010All staff was efficient and courteous. Food was good. Noisier than I like, but we'll be back. Would love to check out the sushi pit.Special Features:
- This was a return visit. WeNellVIPDined on 7/9/2010This was a return visit. We did not like the chowder; it was much too thick and flour-y. My swordfish dinner was good. My friend's salad with chicken was mediocre and he had a queasy stomach later. The key lime pie was quite good although I did not eat the crust.
- The sushi is to die for andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2010The sushi is to die for and everything else is delicious as well. Wonderful ambiance and view. One of the best restaurants in Gloucester.Special Features:
- Nice view of the area seafoodTheDJVIPDined on 7/2/2010Nice view of the area seafood processing plants. Interior was nice with the sunken Sushi Bar. Foof was good but not for the price. I would give it a second chance.
- We always have a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010We always have a great time and a great meal at Lat 43. Of particular note: they have a gluten-free menu; a great thing for gluten sensitive diners.Special Features:
- Food was excellent...howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2010Food was excellent...however the striped bass portion was undersized ....about the size of a small filet mignon. The cod with the ritz cracker crumbs was very nice especially the soft red potatoes The sauce with the Asian calamari was quite tasty...had a bit of a zing ... The drink sizes , wine in particular... the glass could have been at least two thirds full instead it was half or slightly less ...skimpy The bread was outstanding......Special Features:
- Scallops, swordfish and sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2010Scallops, swordfish and sushi were excellent. We'll go back.Special Features:
- was just there for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2010was just there for lunch. Everything was good,food,servce,view. I would returnSpecial Features:
- Exceptional sushi and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2010Exceptional sushi and well presented. Staff was very good and did a good job allowing us to dine and enjoy.Special Features:
- We wanted to order sushi butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010We wanted to order sushi but was not sure about what to have. The waiteress was friendly and helped us out. The meal was very enjoyable and a fun experience. We can't wait to go again and try some new dishes of sushi.Special Features:
- The food was terrific (wegreatDined on 6/7/2010The food was terrific (we had lunch). The open air patio was dotted with colorful umbrellas for shade. We had a baby in a stroller (who was very good.) and they accommodated us with plenty of room. I would certainly recommend this restaurant. Apparently I also ate in their sister restaurant in Hamilton, 15 Walnut, the next day. It was also a surprise with good food, lovely decor and a good wine list.Special Features:
- We opted to try Latitude onjmpletVIPDined on 6/5/2010We opted to try Latitude on a friend's recommendation instead of a proven "winner" for my son's birthday celebration -- what a mistake! The experience was a disappointment from start to finish. Even though we had an 8:30 reservation, we had to wait until 8:50 to be seated in an unpleasantly hot and stuffy room. We were going to move to the bar area for dinner but the temperature in there was sub zero. Once we were seated the server arrived at the table in good time and was very friendly but was lacking in the actual service part of his job. The food was mediocre at best: miso soup so salty we had to send it back and our entrees were disappointing. All in all, it was an experience I would not like to repeat and will not return.
- Nice setting with a large,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2010Nice setting with a large, ambitious menu and uneven results. The space is very nice, and two of the four food items were very good. Several items were unavailable early in the evening, and service was very spotty. Complaints to the manager about a particular dish resulted in a deduction from the bill of less-than-half of the dish's price tag.Special Features:
- The waitress was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2010The waitress was friendly, but the service was very slow. Whenever she was asked about an item on the menu, her response was that it was wonderful. It took between 10 to 15 minutes for us to be given our cocktails after they were ordered. The waitress apologized for the extended wait, which unfortunately she was forced to do many times at both our table and the table next to us. One example of the unnecessary wait time for things to be done was when we were served an appetizer that was to be shared. I asked the server to please bring an extra plate since it was to be shared. The food was already getting cold when I had to get up to ask for another plate. The cod was tasty but a very small portion. The lamb chops were bland.Special Features:
- Went just for the sushi andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/29/2010Went just for the sushi and the sushi bar, so I can't comment on the other food on the menu (but it all looked good). Beautiful place with all the artwork and details put into the decor. If you love sushi, they give nice cuts and it was all very fresh. You have to try the scallops (sashimi). Scallops are rarely seen in the sushi bars I go to and they are soooo tasty and sweet.Special Features:
- Impressive menu.WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2010Impressive menu.Wonderful sushi.Our entrees were superb.We lingered for over 2 hours on a busy Saturday night and all they did was ask if we wanted more coffee!A relaxing,enjoyable evening with great food in a great setting.Special Features:
- one soup was served cold andBobLVIPDined on 5/28/2010one soup was served cold and had to be returned and took a very long time to come back. one person thought his bass was overcooked and that there was too much vinegar in the house salad/dressing.Special Features:
- Nice bar & appetizers, entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2010Nice bar & appetizers, entrees came out with our salads. Server took them back to the kitchen. We were promised they would be redone, but 20 minutes later they came back to the table from under the heatlamp. A definite buzzkill. We might go back, but only for drinks & appetizers...
- we asked for a table by theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2010we asked for a table by the window they sat us in a booth as far a way from the windows. the menu on their website was not the menu they have. seems thet changed but did not change the website. ordered the steak frittes for 24 it was a peice of steak with french fries could of went to applebees and had it for 8.95. also we wanted fried clams they do not serve them. what rest. in gloucester mass home of the fried clam does not have them on their menu was in san diego the week before they had them
- Mothers' Day brunch. WellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2010Mothers' Day brunch. Well done, would do it again next year!Special Features:
- The sushi menu is incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010The sushi menu is incredible. We went there for Mother's Day Brunch and it was extremely affordable $20 adults $10 children. The buffet was varied ( bacon could have been cooked more) and very tasty. We ordered sushi off the menu as well and it was creatively served and very delicious.Special Features:
- I had the risotto with lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2010I had the risotto with lobster Tail which was yummie! The Mojito was a little weak and could have used a little more lime but was very good. Dessert was delicious. Molten lava cake served warm with banana and icecream was almost as good as the risotto.Special Features:
- Food was good, but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Food was good, but pricey. Portions were quite small in comparison to prices though. Wait staff was great.Special Features:
- Lattitude is a breath of freshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Lattitude is a breath of fresh air...........my guests and I enjoyed the nachos for an appetizer and the luscious chuncky lobster roll was the best....soooooo tasty.......The decor is unique..........my only criticism would be that where we were seated,near the window,was devoid of any art work....my first impression as I entered the room and led to my table was nothing but tables........blond tables...blah tables..........maybe some of that great artwork could be hung from the ceiling to add that unique touch that is found around the bar and sushi area. Service was great.........all in all a great time had by all.Special Features:
- Went there on a saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010Went there on a saturday night around 8. 2 dinners and 3 glasses of wine and bill was 110 after tip. steak was lousy and tough with a massive amount of fries, should be other things with the main meal. Seafood was ok..There will be no next time for dinner only luch outside during the summer.
- Waited 40 minutes after ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/10/2010Waited 40 minutes after our reserved time. Hostess/manager did not have her "act together". She did not even apologize for "losing our name" twice, so we lost our appetite and left to graze other, greener pastures. Never been there before and would not go back.
- This is definitely one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2010This is definitely one of the best on the North Shore - you can enjoy an intimate dinner for two on the water- or take over one of the many sectionals in either of the two bars with a group of friends and have a ball.... Service was excellent - only surpassed by the food!Special Features:
- We had a great Easter dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2010We had a great Easter dinner here with fresh air off the harbor and fresh sushi, the cod was cooked perfectly. Good food, comfortable setting!Special Features:
- Among several options, weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010Among several options, we chose Lat 43 for Easter brunch, and it was just what we hoped. We had been there before for regular lunch and dinner on several occasions. The soft jazz in the background was a very pleasant extra. The buffet was great, though they did not have healthy alternatives for folks with allergies like me.Special Features:
- Our second time there, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2010Our second time there, the food is outstanding. We also tried the sushi which was terrific and very fresh. Atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Very good food. Sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010Very good food. Sushi was excellent. We planned on having sushi as a starter but ended up just having sushi for the meal. Staff was great and very accommodating to us.Special Features: