118 Beacon Street
Somerville, MA 02143Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bergamotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175767700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Pooler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bergamot
Bergamot is all about neighborhood hospitality and Progressive American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bergamot - Best Restaurants in Somerville ›
Bergamot reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)special occasion (106)neighborhood gem (104)romantic (73)notable wine list (52)hot spot (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very ImpressedKenGVIPDined on 3/29/2014Rarely do I write reviews on OpenTable but my wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Bergamot. Innovative cuisine and great atmosphere. I ordered the Fritto Misto appetizer and menu addition Papardelle for the entree. Both were delicious. Wait service was very informed and responsive. Only wish is that Bergamot had a parking lot because street parking can be difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for gf's birthdayChristianDined on 3/29/2014We had a really wonderful time. We got an appetizer and two entrees, as well as a cocktail each. Everything was delicious and we'll absolutely be back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- double-date nightMigRonDined on 3/28/2014wonderful for both romantic partners and groups of friends. The only part of their meals which I am not terribly enthusiastic about is the deserts. They are very creative, but do not quite satisfy my sweet tooth. That said, I always get the prix fixe, so the desert is a nice bonus. For your dollar, it's the best fine-dining establishment in the Cambridge/Somerville area. Their menu changes constantly and I always leave happy.Special Features:
- Best in townRaviCDined on 3/26/2014Well-crafted cocktails, notable wine list, talented chef, gracious service. Doesn't get better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prix-fixe menumaish1Dined on 3/23/2014My wife and I went with two friends because of Restaurant Week, which really doesn't matter because their prix-fixe menu is always the same price. The food was delicious, and the staff was far better informed than average and unfailingly courteous. They have an excellent selection of cocktails and beers. Their menu focuses on fish; I had a pan-seared cod dish that was very good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant, where I have eaten before, though the noise level is higher than I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, but an odd problem ...majormlDined on 3/22/2014Very good food. Just a tad on the salty and rich side.The problem was that I had two appetizers instead of an entree. I was slowly eating my appetizers waiting for my wife's entree to come, so I would be eating with her. The waiter knew my plan,but the bus staff did not. The kitchen doesn't prepare your entree until everyone at your table is done with their appetizer. We thought we had plenty of time before the theater, but because of the mix-up, we did not. My wife had to hurry through her entree and did not have a chance to have dessert. They offered a glass of wine as compensation which my wife passed up because she barely had time to finish her meal as it was. There was no adjustment to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experienceshamrock477Dined on 3/22/2014This was the second time my wife and I have had dinner at Bergamot, and our second experience definitely met the expectations we had from our wonderful first experience. The menu selection was excellent, the details to service and presentation were well thought out, and the ambiance of the dining area made it a very warm and comfortable place to enjoy dinner together. And considering that the pricing was very reasonable for the excellent quality of food and service we received, it was well worth it for a second visit. I would certainly place this restaurant in the top 5 of the Greater Boston Restaurants we enjoy.Special Features:
- Gourmet GulchArembeeDined on 3/21/2014The intersection of Beacon St and Washington St in Somerville is a destination for anyone interested in good food and drink. Successful newcomer Kirkland Tap and Trotter joins established favorites, Dali and The Kebab Factory, as well as our destination for dinner, Bergamot, which we remembered from an earlier visit when we had been really impressed. (The Wine and Cheese Cask and Biscuit, a nice bakery are there too.) Choosing what to eat was a major challenge as everything looked really tempting. My steak tartare was served with a well-chosen selection of herbs and fruits. The swordfish and the cheese cake which followed were also served with rather unexpected accompaniments. The glass of rose de Provence I selected was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My hands-down favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014My hands-down favorite restaurant for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A totally delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2014Once again, Bergamot stood at as a wonderful dining experience. Everything about it met or surpassed expectations. The food, service and atmosphere were terrific.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in CambridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014Creative, delicious food at every visit. The tasting menu is inspired. Lovely service. The prix-fixe option every night is one of the area's great bargins. I am so fortunate that Bergamont is walking distance from my house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of our listOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014Eaten at many of the best restaurants in NYC, Boston, and other locales - very happy with our experience at Bergamot. Great selection on all courses; cocktails inventive, wine list varied and not overwhelming... Very affable service. Palate rewarded at each course, wallet not depleted... Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDavidDined on 3/14/2014I thought the food was good, but the portion sizes were rather small considering the prices. That aspect was disappointing, since the four of us all left still feeling somewhat hungry. I would probably still recommend it to a friend, but with that caveat. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Among the bestEmteeareVIPDined on 3/12/2014Splendid food, solidly good service, simply top-notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DenlouDined on 3/7/20144 of us went to Bergamot on a Friday night for the first time. We all loved everything about the restaurant. The service was fabulous. When we needed help with a wine selection a very knowledgable gentleman led us in the right direction. The food was excellent. three of us had fish (salmon or swordfish) and were very pleased. The person who ordered the chicken was not as happy. The desserts were to die for. I had the cheese plate which was excellent. All and all it was a great evening!Special Features:
- Palate's be ready ...LorriJDined on 3/6/2014First time here, with guests and very impressed with the quality and freshness of the food. Chicken breast was out of the is world according to my guest. And, I want the recipe for the dressing on the steak tartare!! Our desserts were equally thrilling on the palate. Have already booked a return visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsJewelVIPDined on 3/4/2014I've been to Bergamot four times in recent months. This is really a special place, rating the marks for the "big three": food, service and ambiance. Each time I've been there, these have been faultless. The bar is the best for dinner as well as drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, appetizers wereAAMWDined on 3/1/2014Great food, appetizers were amazing and the service was superb. Also very gluten allergy friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very chillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014This was a totally pleasant experience and everything we ordered was delicious, starting with the chewy "Pugliese style" bread and flavored butter. Portions are small, which is definitely my preference. I would gladly return.Special Features:
- The service was exaggeratedanonVIPDined on 2/28/2014The service was exaggerated and pretentious. The desserts were a let down. Other than that, very good.Special Features:
- excellentZoltVIPDined on 2/28/2014food, service, ambience is all very good and the quality has maintained!Special Features:
- Always Amazing - and It Was...AgainBoulderEatsWellVIPDined on 2/27/2014Once again we left happy, satisfied, and impressed with the food, drink, service, and atmosphere. The standouts of this meal were courtesy of the pastry chef: an unforgettable goat cheese chive butter with the warm crusty bread and one of the finest cheese courses ever - the progression and the accompaniments were perfection. The char main was great, the scallops were tasty but there were only six and there were TINY. The bucatini and the vegetable soup with farro and lime were solid starters. The cocktails were excellent as always, and the wine advice was spot on - and one of the lower-priced option we were eyeballing on the very intriguing wine list. Every time we dine here, we leave wondering why we don't come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining ExperienceDougDined on 2/26/2014From start to finish, Bergamot was perfect. Appetizers and entrees were interesting, delicious and perfectly prepared. Service was warm, engaging and friendly. I will be back here again and again.Special Features:
- The art of dining is not dead!RyGuyDined on 2/24/2014Bergamot revels in the art of fine dining. Everything was perfect! The food was creative, fresh and well presented. The cocktails and wine were both well picked and well priced. The service was superb. That said the portions are tiny... so if you havent eaten all day... or are ravishingly hungry.... you will end up at Tasty Burger an hour after you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodInSearchofGoodFoodDined on 2/23/2014Reserve in advance, this is a popular spot for a good reason, the food!Special Features:
- Awesome as alwayszdubuDined on 2/22/2014Seated on time. Great attention from the staff. Delicious food. Great value. Always a treat.Special Features:
- A restaurant to come back to againwestcamDined on 2/22/2014and again! What a pleasurable meal, great service and the room is just as pretty as I remembered. We'll be coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food spot on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014Went here on a date the food was excellent and the service was discreet and attentive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Complex flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014This is the kind of place where every bite must be savored for the complexity and delicacy of flavors. Portions are rather small (especially the desserts!), so you do well to get the three-course special,because you need three courses to get enough to eat. Everything my friend and I ordered was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Somerville spot!LizkVIPDined on 2/21/2014We took our daughter and 3 friends who all go to Tufts to Bergamot for dinner and it was a great experience for all. With plenty of delicious choices it easily accommodated our wide-ranging food preferences and the staff and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineNenetteDined on 2/16/2014that's pity that wine is served very small glass!!! It's very expensive/quantitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccomodatingcoopDined on 2/14/2014It was a tasting menu for Valentines Day, so some of the things served weren't exactly up our alley, but still very well done. Wife was with child and they altered certain dishes to remove raw ingredients and cooked some things more, which was extremely nice. Not the best meal I've ever had, but certainly very good.Special Features:
- Floweringrio63Dined on 2/11/2014Bergamot seems to be flowering still, with time. The staff continues to be attentive and knowledgeable about what is being offered. The appetizers have grown more hearty, while still unique, and contribute to the sense of satisfaction at the end of the meal. The particular bread served during our meal made us wonder if it was house-baked, being subtly different and delicious, along with a tasty butter mix. The prix fixe represents real value. We were somewhat surprised that there was no skim milk available for a better-foamed cappucino -- a small point in the larger picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DateginandtonicDined on 2/9/2014Great ambience -- warm, low light, quiet-ish table. Excellent cocktails (Blood & Thistle, Chambery Gimlet). We went for the prix fixe menu, liked everything we ordered -- especially the quail appetizer, the perfectly cooked swordfish, and chicken that was so succulent and delicious you'd think it was some rare exotic bird and not, um, chicken. Desserts are quirky, small servings -- but we knew that, having been to Bergamot before, and we LIKE that about desserts (since usually we're too full for a dessert course). Tiny, cinnamony beignets, for example -- just right. Oh, and the fresh bread and flavored butter, brought to the table at the start -- wonderful on a cold night. A very affordable special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative cuisinejudyDined on 2/9/2014The chef invents interesting food combinations and cooks them to perfection. My husband had skirt steak with vegetables. He never eats broccoli and carrots but he did because they had an tasty sauce. I had the hake which was sautéed with potatoes and another delightful sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014The service was outstanding. No less than 6 individuals served and every one of them asked if everything was good or if anything was needed. Although the restaurant was completely full, the food came out very quickly.Special Features:
- Pricey but exceptionalShelleyDined on 2/8/2014The ambience was relaxed but elegant. The flavors on the swordfish were complex and exceptional. The wait staff were very attentive but did not hover or hurry us although the restaurant was totally full. The coconut cake dessert was very flavorful - small but intense! The small chocolate brownie at the end of the meal was complimentary and should be on the menu as it was outstanding. The waiter helped us pick a bottle of wine and we were very pleased with it. The price with a bottle of wine and a 20% tip was about $150 for two. I eat out frequently - this is one of my most memorable dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect meal at BergamotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014Food is exceptional, very good service, nice room. One of my favorite restaurants in the Boston area. 3 course price fixe all the time for $39. I tried some different things this time and wasn't disappointed. The bucatini was a great appetizer, short ribs, mushrooms, cheese, great flavor. My wife went with her favorite --golden beet salad. The New England root vegetable boiled dinner with housemade pastrami was a great entree on a cold winter evening. My wife had swordfish with bacon, mushrooms, and brussel spouts. Amazing flavor, best dish of the night. We capped it off with two different desserts that were fun and interesting. One was an upscale take on a banana fluffer nutter. Ask the wait staff for explanations of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!MissmomDined on 2/6/2014We enjoyed an absolutely delicious evening at Bergamot The food was impeccably prepared and wonderful. The service was outstanding from start to finish. The ambiance is casual but elegant. Great restaurant and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back againLauraDined on 1/29/2014My husband and I went here on a weeknight. The food was outstanding and plated beautifully. The menu items were all creative and some almost sounded unusual but ended up being delicious. I had a great cocktail and my husband ordered a German craft beer, which the bartender brought to our table with a cool explanation of the origins of that beer. For appetizers, we had the ricotta gnudi and maple-roasted quail, both delicious. For entrees, sesame mahi mahi and swordfish, both cooked perfectly and with more flavor than any fish dish we've ever had. Desserts were beignets and a coconut tres leches cake. Every dish had such pronounced flavors. Even side dishes had strong flavors, but they never conflicted. We will definitely be back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.