118 Beacon Street
Somerville, MA 02143Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bergamotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175767700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Pooler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bergamot
Bergamot is all about neighborhood hospitality and Progressive American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bergamot - Best Restaurants in Somerville ›
Bergamot reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (97)romantic (58)notable wine list (48)hot spot (16)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Every Detail CoveredNJdinerDined on 5/6/2014My daughter suggested Bergamot for a dinner with 5 colleagues coming together from Puerto Rico, NJ and MA. Our table was ready when we arrived, the wine/special cocktail list was shared and suggestions offered by a very knowledgeable staff, and we enjoyed a delightful 'cocktail hour' of conversation prior to enjoying our meal. The prix-fixe menu was perfect, offering so many wonderful selections. The food was fabulous, in addition to being carefully prepared and exquisitely presented. My guests commented that their selection was the best, salmon, mahi-mahi, and flank steak they'd ever had. The wait staff was also very honest with recommendations and did not hurry our meal. We had a most delightful visit and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and always excellentRickVIPDined on 5/5/2014We have been to Bergamot many times and the food and drinks are always outstanding. The only problem is its growing popularity. I love their bourbon and luxardo drink.Special Features:
- Great foodTmurrayVIPDined on 5/3/2014We opted to order of the menu instead of the 3 or 7 course tasting menus. Boy did we feel silly. Every bite of each dish we ordered was amazing. We really wished we tried more from this chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous perogi with crabtacogirlDined on 5/3/2014Wish they could do something to lessen the noise; also the current wine list could have more breadth--spring whites not very interesting. The swordfish was a little thin to get the great grill and retain the moisture, but overall, the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- First-rate food and serviceGreggDined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious and creative, the service was really professional, they accommodated my wife's allergies well, they were very good at getting pasta for our daughter quickly. All that ranks the place as a must-go in Boston, except ... IT IS WAY TOO LOUD. The hard walls and industrial feel to the place looks great, but conversation is near impossible with anyone more than a foot away. I hate getting home from a restaurant with my ears ringing. That said, I would go again -- early -- and with one other (young) person, but not in a group and not with someone old (i.e., over 40).Special Features:
- RevereVIPDined on 4/30/2014Outstanding, outstanding as always! Bergamot is simply the best restaurant around. Great food, great wine, great service and all at reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Delicious!SchafsterDined on 4/26/2014We had the tasting menu for our anniversary. The servers brought a complementary glass of sparkling Rose for our celebration, which was nice. They explained (almost) every course, and the food was imaginative, well prepared and delicious in every case. My only problem: there wasn't enough of it. I went home kinda hungry! After seven courses!Special Features:
- AMAZING!VegetarianMeatEatersVIPDined on 4/20/2014The reservation was for Easter Sunday. The ambience was perfect. They were extremely accommodating when we added another member to our party. They were amazing when I told them I was vegan and created a prix-fixe just for me :-D The food was wonderful! The meat-eaters were sooo happy! It was amazing! Totally going back ;-)Special Features:
- One of Boston's bestFoodieDined on 4/16/2014We dine out often and are foodies. We rate your restaurant as one of the best in Boston and our personal favorite. The food is outstanding - consistently! Fresh ingredients, a creative and gifted chef, excellent presentation and friendly, knowledgeable staff who add to the experience - all wonderful traits that are hard to find in your industry and reasons why we love it. Many great meals and wonderful memories w family, friends and just us two. Thanks for making it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place with good foodgradstudentfromtheareaDined on 4/12/2014We were at Bergamot for my wife's birthday dinner. My experience was fine but it was nothing outstanding.I ordered from the prix fixe menu and had the cornbread cavatelli as app., pan-seared cod for main course, and milk and cookies for dessert. The dessert was probably the best part of my meal. Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed by my experience its good service notwithstanding. There was nothing particularly wrong with any of the dishes or with its service. It is just that this was a place not quite up my alley. My taste buds like a bit more spice and rich flavors than this place dishes out and the limited entree choices are its biggest drawback. The fact that it is also somewhat pricey doesn't help. I doubt I would be back here at all.Special Features:
- Not what it's cracked up to beOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/10/2014Average in every way except price. A disappointment.
- great place for something specialsomerville666Dined on 4/4/2014they provided us a great experience for our anniversary dinner, we mentioned it in the open table reservation comment and they actually read the comment! (i say this b/c other places have ignored it). they went out of their way to make it extra special for us. we like this place for "special occasions" because its a little more high end then we are used to. bergamot is special. their entrees are adequately priced and portioned, and the selection can't be match anywhere in the area. the only thing we didn't love was the drink menu, so we stuck with straight martinis, which was fine. a fun, delicious and unique experience that has not yet let us down. 2 cocktails, 2 entrees and 2 apps each for $100. not bad at all and totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BergamotJenWDined on 4/4/2014Three of us, all serious foodies, had a great evening at Bergamot. We all agreed that every item on the menu was appealing making it difficult to choose. We all had different first and main courses and they were very very good. The most tender, moist chicken any of us had ever tasted. The service was professional, friendly and attentive from the moment we walked in the door. All in all I give Bergamot a rave review. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatCsavageDined on 3/31/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at bergamot, my first time there. The food was exquisite, creative and beautifully presented, perfect portions, best, most elegant chicken I've ever had. Loved the prix fix option (appetizer, main course, dessert) and the option for chefs tasting - seven courses. Ambiance was fun, open artsy warehouse, very warm and comfy. beautiful desserts and happy birthday in chocolate script on a plate with a candle, lovely. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedKenGVIPDined on 3/29/2014Rarely do I write reviews on OpenTable but my wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Bergamot. Innovative cuisine and great atmosphere. I ordered the Fritto Misto appetizer and menu addition Papardelle for the entree. Both were delicious. Wait service was very informed and responsive. Only wish is that Bergamot had a parking lot because street parking can be difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for gf's birthdayChristianDined on 3/29/2014We had a really wonderful time. We got an appetizer and two entrees, as well as a cocktail each. Everything was delicious and we'll absolutely be back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- double-date nightMigRonDined on 3/28/2014wonderful for both romantic partners and groups of friends. The only part of their meals which I am not terribly enthusiastic about is the deserts. They are very creative, but do not quite satisfy my sweet tooth. That said, I always get the prix fixe, so the desert is a nice bonus. For your dollar, it's the best fine-dining establishment in the Cambridge/Somerville area. Their menu changes constantly and I always leave happy.Special Features:
- Best in townRaviCDined on 3/26/2014Well-crafted cocktails, notable wine list, talented chef, gracious service. Doesn't get better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prix-fixe menumaish1Dined on 3/23/2014My wife and I went with two friends because of Restaurant Week, which really doesn't matter because their prix-fixe menu is always the same price. The food was delicious, and the staff was far better informed than average and unfailingly courteous. They have an excellent selection of cocktails and beers. Their menu focuses on fish; I had a pan-seared cod dish that was very good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant, where I have eaten before, though the noise level is higher than I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, but an odd problem ...majormlDined on 3/22/2014Very good food. Just a tad on the salty and rich side.The problem was that I had two appetizers instead of an entree. I was slowly eating my appetizers waiting for my wife's entree to come, so I would be eating with her. The waiter knew my plan,but the bus staff did not. The kitchen doesn't prepare your entree until everyone at your table is done with their appetizer. We thought we had plenty of time before the theater, but because of the mix-up, we did not. My wife had to hurry through her entree and did not have a chance to have dessert. They offered a glass of wine as compensation which my wife passed up because she barely had time to finish her meal as it was. There was no adjustment to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experienceshamrock477Dined on 3/22/2014This was the second time my wife and I have had dinner at Bergamot, and our second experience definitely met the expectations we had from our wonderful first experience. The menu selection was excellent, the details to service and presentation were well thought out, and the ambiance of the dining area made it a very warm and comfortable place to enjoy dinner together. And considering that the pricing was very reasonable for the excellent quality of food and service we received, it was well worth it for a second visit. I would certainly place this restaurant in the top 5 of the Greater Boston Restaurants we enjoy.Special Features:
- Gourmet GulchArembeeDined on 3/21/2014The intersection of Beacon St and Washington St in Somerville is a destination for anyone interested in good food and drink. Successful newcomer Kirkland Tap and Trotter joins established favorites, Dali and The Kebab Factory, as well as our destination for dinner, Bergamot, which we remembered from an earlier visit when we had been really impressed. (The Wine and Cheese Cask and Biscuit, a nice bakery are there too.) Choosing what to eat was a major challenge as everything looked really tempting. My steak tartare was served with a well-chosen selection of herbs and fruits. The swordfish and the cheese cake which followed were also served with rather unexpected accompaniments. The glass of rose de Provence I selected was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My hands-down favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014My hands-down favorite restaurant for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A totally delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2014Once again, Bergamot stood at as a wonderful dining experience. Everything about it met or surpassed expectations. The food, service and atmosphere were terrific.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in CambridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014Creative, delicious food at every visit. The tasting menu is inspired. Lovely service. The prix-fixe option every night is one of the area's great bargins. I am so fortunate that Bergamont is walking distance from my house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of our listOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014Eaten at many of the best restaurants in NYC, Boston, and other locales - very happy with our experience at Bergamot. Great selection on all courses; cocktails inventive, wine list varied and not overwhelming... Very affable service. Palate rewarded at each course, wallet not depleted... Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDavidDined on 3/14/2014I thought the food was good, but the portion sizes were rather small considering the prices. That aspect was disappointing, since the four of us all left still feeling somewhat hungry. I would probably still recommend it to a friend, but with that caveat. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Among the bestEmteeareVIPDined on 3/12/2014Splendid food, solidly good service, simply top-notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DenlouDined on 3/7/20144 of us went to Bergamot on a Friday night for the first time. We all loved everything about the restaurant. The service was fabulous. When we needed help with a wine selection a very knowledgable gentleman led us in the right direction. The food was excellent. three of us had fish (salmon or swordfish) and were very pleased. The person who ordered the chicken was not as happy. The desserts were to die for. I had the cheese plate which was excellent. All and all it was a great evening!Special Features:
- Palate's be ready ...LorriJDined on 3/6/2014First time here, with guests and very impressed with the quality and freshness of the food. Chicken breast was out of the is world according to my guest. And, I want the recipe for the dressing on the steak tartare!! Our desserts were equally thrilling on the palate. Have already booked a return visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsJewelVIPDined on 3/4/2014I've been to Bergamot four times in recent months. This is really a special place, rating the marks for the "big three": food, service and ambiance. Each time I've been there, these have been faultless. The bar is the best for dinner as well as drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, appetizers wereAAMWDined on 3/1/2014Great food, appetizers were amazing and the service was superb. Also very gluten allergy friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very chillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014This was a totally pleasant experience and everything we ordered was delicious, starting with the chewy "Pugliese style" bread and flavored butter. Portions are small, which is definitely my preference. I would gladly return.Special Features:
- The service was exaggeratedanonVIPDined on 2/28/2014The service was exaggerated and pretentious. The desserts were a let down. Other than that, very good.Special Features:
- excellentZoltVIPDined on 2/28/2014food, service, ambience is all very good and the quality has maintained!Special Features:
- Always Amazing - and It Was...AgainBoulderEatsWellVIPDined on 2/27/2014Once again we left happy, satisfied, and impressed with the food, drink, service, and atmosphere. The standouts of this meal were courtesy of the pastry chef: an unforgettable goat cheese chive butter with the warm crusty bread and one of the finest cheese courses ever - the progression and the accompaniments were perfection. The char main was great, the scallops were tasty but there were only six and there were TINY. The bucatini and the vegetable soup with farro and lime were solid starters. The cocktails were excellent as always, and the wine advice was spot on - and one of the lower-priced option we were eyeballing on the very intriguing wine list. Every time we dine here, we leave wondering why we don't come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining ExperienceDougDined on 2/26/2014From start to finish, Bergamot was perfect. Appetizers and entrees were interesting, delicious and perfectly prepared. Service was warm, engaging and friendly. I will be back here again and again.Special Features:
- The art of dining is not dead!RyGuyDined on 2/24/2014Bergamot revels in the art of fine dining. Everything was perfect! The food was creative, fresh and well presented. The cocktails and wine were both well picked and well priced. The service was superb. That said the portions are tiny... so if you havent eaten all day... or are ravishingly hungry.... you will end up at Tasty Burger an hour after you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodInSearchofGoodFoodDined on 2/23/2014Reserve in advance, this is a popular spot for a good reason, the food!Special Features:
- Awesome as alwayszdubuDined on 2/22/2014Seated on time. Great attention from the staff. Delicious food. Great value. Always a treat.Special Features: