The Grill at Meadowood
900 Meadowood Lane
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill at Meadowood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meadowood.com/wine-and-cuisine/the-grill
- Phone: 7079683144
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -9:30pm Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victoria Gusman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Meadowood Grill can accommodate private parties and banquet functions from 20 - 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Smith 7079671267
A word from The Grill at Meadowood
Enjoy a casual meal in The Grill, complete with sweeping views of the estate’s grounds and golf course. The Grill offers a daily menu featuring ingredients fresh from Meadowood’s own garden. The menu and style is light and healthful with perfect and natural ingredients taking center stage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill at Meadowood - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
The Grill at Meadowood reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (30)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (22)special occasion (21)romantic (20)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- No Attention.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/9/2014I had heard raving reviews about Meadowood resort and expected the Grill at Meadowood to be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately i received an everything but wonderful experience. When we were seated we were seated in the middle of the walkway when we had a reservation a week and a half prior. This was frustrating since everytime someone walked by they bumped the back of my chair. You would think as many times as i was bumped from behind the staff would have filled our waters and or removed our dirty dishes as we had a verrry small table for 4 Guests and the plates we had barely fit to begin with. We were never asked how our meal was! They were over staffed and chatted all around the bar and stared over at our table without stopping by.
- Warm and Friendly; Delightful Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2014We are locals and were always afraid to go to Meadowood thinking it would be too expensive and stuffy. We went to the Meadowood Grill on Restaurant Month. The Prix Fixe menu allowed us to pick anything off of 3 courses which was great. The service was warm and friendly and as it was a quiet evening we were able to talk with the somalis and server. Just a great experience. The food was delicious with just the right portion size. Will definitely go back during the day for the full effect of the wonderful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused service. Served wrongSftaoofpaoDined on 12/30/2013Confused service. Served wrong wine pairing and mixed up dishes at table. Disjointed experience and wilted salad and uninspired food.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013The staff are very friendly and the food is great. The grounds are beautiful and all the food is home grown or local. The restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere, but improved as it filled up. Great bar staff and definitely try Travis' cocktails! Also desserts were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Christmas Dinner to ForgetBarbDined on 12/25/2013The salads were both non-descript in both flavor profile and presentation. The risotto had a good flavor but the rice was too al dente and it really didn’t have the proper “slump”, more like rice pudding in consistency. The steak was done sous vide, which is fine. We have a PolyScience Pro at home and do our steaks this way all of the time. However, this steak was lightly grilled, rendering a grey and brown color with no flavor or juice. I assume there were no condiments in the vacuum bag. We always pan sear in olive oil and butter to get that wonderful crust we all love on steak. The mashed potatoes were over whipped to a gluten stage and were grainy. The one turnip on the plate was undercooked and the one carrot was overcooked.Special Features:
- A lovely mealMikeskiDined on 12/25/2013The Grill at the Meadowwood is a modest sized restaurant, so you never feel overcrowded. The atmosphere is that of a country club, though not in exclusive fashion. The food was very good, and in pleasant portions that are sure not to stuff you, but leave you quite satisfied. The highlight of the evening is learning more about wines from the knowledgable sommelier, Augie. He gave us a greater sense of out meal through wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were great!StHelenaFoodieDined on 12/22/2013Service and food were great! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get it...DiniDined on 11/3/2013For a property like Meadowood to have a restaurant that looks like a budget diner badly in need of renovation just doesn't make sense to me. Why would they not update?? I had guests in town and brought them to the Grill for brunch. Overall it is a beautiful property, but upon entering the Grill I just felt embarrassed :-(. The food was OK...just don't go for the ambiance.
- Delightful birthday lunchKK49Dined on 11/2/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on the deck overlooking the golf course. I would totally recommend the lobster sandwich which came loaded with lobster meat on a freshly baked roll. Even though it was a little chilly, the large heater made our outdoor experience just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!JuneBugVIPDined on 10/26/2013Absolutely wonderful! Service, food, ambience -- everything 5-star rated. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting...Apw56VIPDined on 10/8/2013Great restaurant, found on Open Table of course. We were there for lunch, also did a wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful visitlov2eatVIPDined on 10/7/2013Lunch at the Grill at Meadowood for our 2nd Anniversary. Spectacular day sitting outside with plenty of umbrella's available if needed. The staff- relaxed elegant. Fabulous english muffin with our eggs. Best Bloody Mary ever. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting!lindsathVIPDined on 10/2/2013Dial it up and explore how the other half live! Beautify setting, fine wines and food! A great way to spend the afternoon.Special Features:
- We have been to MeadowoodNM12Dined on 9/29/2013We have been to Meadowood on several occasions and the food and service has always been exceptional. We have always thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed ResortBillBDined on 9/26/2013What can you say about Meadowood? The food was perfect, service friendly and comfortable and the atmosphere: relaxed elegance. Beautiful facility hidden from the world.Special Features:
- Time Well SpentmonieoneDined on 9/22/2013Our Foodie Group ChicksEatingOut aka CEO's have enjoyed coming up twice this month to enjoy this beautiful property. Both times the weather was fantastic, the food and service was wonderful.We look forward to telling more to come join your property for lunch or brunch, even if they are not staying at the hotel.Special Features:
- A Great DisappointmentjonahelaineDined on 9/17/2013Was very much looking forward to dinner at The Grill at Meadowood, but was greatly disappointed. The food, from start to finish was of poor quality and the service was lacking in all respects. The main concern of the staff was the pushing of a high priced local wine (that i had never heard of ) that was "perfect" for your meal. Unfortunately the food and the wine were subpar leading to a very dull and boring evening. Overall a huge disappointment. If you are looking for a great dining experience in NAPA, cross this one off your list.Special Features:
- Meadowood: Still a Gem!robbieDined on 9/13/2013Beginning with Wil Agee, Guest Services, who gave us directions and made sure we got a great 'view' table for 4 on the deck; our experience was delightful! Service, Food, Wine, View & Ambience: all Top Quality! Hope to return one day and stay at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by the Meadowood'sRobbieVIPDined on 9/10/2013Don't be fooled by the Meadowood's three star reputation, the grill.at Meadowood shares nothing in common with its 3 star restaurant, this is an average at best golf club restaurant which charges prices beyond their status. Trust me and go elsewhere.
- Best daymonieoneDined on 9/8/2013Our foodie group gave it 3 1/2 for food and 5 Chicks for ambiance.our highest rating. Our second group will be coming Back on Sept 22nd.we will see what they rate itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast fit for a queen2eat4lovei8Dined on 9/6/2013Walking up the golf path on a crisp September morning I had a feeling of being close to nature. As I walked into the restaurant, I was immediately greeted by a warm smile from our hostess. My guest and I (both from South Florida) opted to sit inside under controlled air while still maintaining the spectacular views of well groomed foliage of the golf course. The menu gave several choices for the most diversified tummies. I have a tummy that enjoys a big breakfast: omelette, potatoes, choice of bread (the English muffin is a must!), coffee, freshed squeezed orange juice and all served using the freshest ingredients. It's the Californian way! For one delightful morning, I was the breakfast queen of Meadowood. (Or at least I felt like I was.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2013This was a fantastic brunch spot in between wine tasting appointments. They also had a variety of mimosas (green apple, pineapple, orange, grapefruit). I tried a green apple mimosa and it was really refreshing. the bloody mary had a prawn on the side. My husband and our friend shared the burger and the lobster club - both of which were delicious. I had an omelet, which was fresh and light. They also had gluten free bread which is always a plus in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013The prix fixe was reasonably priced allowing us to splurge on wine. The food was seasonal with most ingredients coming from their garden and it was excellent. Our faves were the waygu tri-tip and the fig flatbread with carmelized onions and goat cheese. Would go again. Service was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something to try while in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013Absolutely GORGEOUS hotel property! Definitely a restaurant worth trying. Food was delicious and the view was absolutely gorgeous! A must see and try during your trip to Napa Valley.Special Features:
- Wonderful retreatLetsEatVIPDined on 8/19/2013Enjoyed a terrific late lunch on the deck to celebrate s friend's bday. Service was warm and friendly. Great selection of wines and a full bar. Food was outstanding. We started with the gig flatbread which was very flavorful. I had the lobster BLT and it was do big I gave part to my friend. The French fries are excellent. The two other women had the scallop salad and loved it. For dessert we had the brioche pudding and enjoyed it. The setting made us feel as if we were in a special country retreat which is just what Meadowood is! There is also a high end restaurant on the property which we did not try but I am sure is worth coming back for another timeSpecial Features:
- Best experience in Napa Valley!NapaLiniVIPDined on 8/15/2013We had a most excellent meal, served by the best staff in the valley, and wanted to stay forever! Obviously the scene is world class but we felt so "at home" at The Grill. Magnificent evening on every level. Kudos to The Grill!Special Features:
- Great food with a super staffMagnificentVIPDined on 8/10/2013Great service. Fantastic food. View of golf course. A terrific way to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100 points! very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2013100 points! very nice restaurant and magnificent view over the golf field.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic setting, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2013Fantastic setting, excellent food and service. Quiet andsereneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2013My husband and I drove to the Meadowood Grill for lunch to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We ate outside and immediately after being seated the staff brought us a glass of champagne, very nice touch. Food was excellent, my husband really enjoyed his hamburger. Wait staff were attentive and answered any questions we had. It was a treat to sit and look at the lovely scenery and golfers while enjoying our lunch. Ambience was peaceful and quiet which we appreciated (we did come on a weekday after the lunch hour).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great multi course dinnerPhanksDined on 7/25/2013We enjoyed our dinner with a view at the Grill. We selected the four course option and everything was yummy. The only thing less than perfect was my sea bass, which was cooked too long and lacked the flavor of the rest of the dishes. We had great chats with our wait staff and eating outside on the deck was the right decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be goodSaltlyVIPDined on 7/24/2013We were extremely disappointed in the food at the Meadow Wood Grill. Our fish was hard and dry. The chicken was over cooked. The salads were bland and the desserts were dry. My Pina Colota was overly sweet. We have not been to the wine county for a couple of years and brought our out of county guest for great experience and I was embarrassed because the food was so bad...Special Features:
- Fabulous, As AlwaysSjhwVIPDined on 7/13/2013We eat here frequently, and the ambience, food and service are consistently perfect. The eggs benedict and corned beef hash were the treats this visit. Yummy!Special Features:
- Loved the grillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013Wonderful service, great food, and creative delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot away from wineriesPyrodougVIPDined on 7/7/2013To get away from the beaten wine path, go have a bite at the grill. Really a nice option in wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbrittishDined on 7/5/2013Wonderful food. Must try waygu burger. Best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2013The Grill at Meadowbrook offers you the fabulous ambience of Meadowbrook at very reasonable dining prices. We did the 4 Course Tasting menu with wine pairings and we were absolutely thrilled with every bite. Wonderful food and perfect service!! The ONLY negative is the CA weather and the track of the sun....by the end of the meal it was in both our faces under the non-tilting umbrella. Other diners were trying to escape it too....so when you go, go after the sun sets or sit in the one truly shaded corner. The views of the golf course are lovely and it is incredibly peaceful. Wish we could visit again this trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingAZolopaDined on 7/4/2013The most outstanding aspect of the Grill is the beautiful setting- try to sit on the deck if weather permits. Food is great if not terribly creative and the service was great. We especially appreciated the youthfulness of the wait staff- rather refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bread and there olive oilOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/30/2013bread and there olive oil is the best! love it. oat meal was runny, and fruits were old looking. definitely would come back for there bread and olive oil
- Mike and Travis made our 2ndPamelaDined on 6/8/2013Mike and Travis made our 2nd Anniversary even more perfect! Service and food were excellentSpecial Features: