Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
500 W. Napa Street
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mammataninos.com/
- Phone: 7079338826
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Patrinostro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Gaetano Patrinostro can create a custom menu for your event based on your budget and theme. His culinary training includes Italian, French, Spanish, Mediterranean, and Californian/American cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: The Broderick Room can accommodate up to 20 people and is the back dining room.
For a buyout we can accommodate up to 50 people inside with a nice size patio for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Kimberley Patrinostro 7079338826
- Entertainment: We offer group cooking classes in which you and your group can choose the menu or have the chef put one together based on skill level.
For current events see web site.
A word from Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
Four blocks west of "The Square' tucked in the Sonoma Valley Center, Italian born chef, Gaetano Patrinostro uses a combination of the freshest local products and Italian imports to prepare authentic Italian cuisine. His pasta sauces are based on the region of origin, seafood and steaks are cooked to perfection and the desserts are not to be missed. Mamma Tanino's is an off The Square locals favorite and the at home feeling makes out of towners love this place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Seafood, meat, and pasta dishesSonomalocalVIPDined on 6/24/2011Seafood, meat, and pasta dishes all are a perfect classical example of how well the dishes can be prepared. Food achieves a level of quality and sophistication not expected in its small tucked away location at reasonable prices. Spoils you for Italian food anywhere else. Family run and always welcoming.Special Features:
- Oustanding Neighborhood Eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2011Mamma Tanino's exceeded all of our expectations! The food was amazing! We started with unbelievable calamari and then for our entrees we had the rack of lamb and the ravioli specials and both were cooked perfectly! I loved that it was located away from the main square of Sonoma but hope that visitors do find this gem of a place. I can't praise this place enough.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food. Winemkc1VIPDined on 6/10/2011Excellent Italian food. Wine list is sufficient. Very good wines at reasonable prices. The restaurant is in a small shopping center and has been found by the locals. Very friendly, efficient service. Love it!!Special Features:
- Service was friendly, butOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/3/2011Service was friendly, but MUCH too slow. Food is delicious.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2011The food and service were terrific and I can't wait to get back!!!Special Features:
- Excellent, small , neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2011Excellent, small , neighborhood restaurant. Great food and Kimberley was a great hostess.Special Features:
- Great Flavors, simple dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/27/2011As an out of Townes visiting Somoma I read great reviews on this restaurant. Even the local business owners said how incredible it was. I was expecting a somewhat fancy restaurant, but it was very family oriented. Kimberly, the owner, was our server, and she was very engages in our visit and took time to talk to us. The food was very good. It was made fresh and had fresh ingredients. One thing I really liked was how the dish was simple, but there was a lot of flavor because it was made with good, fresh ingredients. The food wasn't masked with extravagant sides. I would recommend this. I would imagine this restaurant is as close to a family Italian dinner as you can get.Special Features:
- This is a great Italian restaurant.mkc1VIPDined on 5/18/2011This is a great Italian restaurant. Their specials are always excellent. We go there at least twice a month. Wine list is very good. Both Italian wines and Sonoma Valley wines are available. Good selection of pasta.Special Features:
- If you want fabulous homemadebabsVIPDined on 5/12/2011If you want fabulous homemade pasta in the North Bay, here's the spot. An unusual location -- in a shopping center, but otherwise an unforgettable Italian meal.Special Features:
- specials were excelent soleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2011specials were excelent sole piccata very good standard menue items ok Egg plant parmisan dissapointing
- Every dish ordered was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/30/2011Every dish ordered was outstanding! The owners/chef and hostess are delightful. The meals were so flavorful that we returned the following evening with a party of seven to introduce our family and friends to another night of yumminess.Special Features:
- The Italian food is preparedGourmecVIPDined on 4/26/2011The Italian food is prepared with a lot of tender-loving-care by the chef-owner. None of it is pre-made, pre-frozen...ingredients are fresh and local, and thus the specials change from night to night. Every dish we ordered was outstanding, from the gnocchi to the veal to the seafood pasta dish! Superb! The chef's wife Kimberly helps with hostessing, serving--you name it, she's there! Outstanding food and a very friendly, inviting atmosphere in a small location in an off-the-Sonoma-Plaza-tourist part of town. Well worth tracking down, and enjoying!Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2011I've eaten here a few times, and even got a small group together for my man's birthday. The food is always good, the service is attentive and engaging, and I've never had a complaint. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "foodie" spot, but it's down-home Italian that gets it every time.Special Features:
- An under-appreciated authenticSonomaBobVIPDined on 3/18/2011An under-appreciated authentic Italian eatery that is hampered by its location tucked away in a small shopping center in Sonoma. The husband and wife team consistently puts out very good dishes. This week he made a strawberry short cake for dessert that was 12 inches tall. Yum!Special Features:
- Our first visit here onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2011Our first visit here only serves to make us return customers. The food is excellent, and the wine list suits the various dishes very well. Visit the wine country and have a memorable Italian meal.Special Features:
- We have been to Mama Tannino'stheshort1Dined on 3/4/2011We have been to Mama Tannino's many times but the service this time was very bad. We arrived at 6PM and we were not served until 7:45PM. The waiter acknowledged that he failed to submit the dinner ticket but it was too long to wait. The food however, was excellent!!!!Special Features:
- After reading lots of goodCanapes45VIPDined on 2/14/2011After reading lots of good reviews we decided to give it a try. the reviews said it was very authentic Italian . I was just in Italy in October and being a chef myself and having been to Italy 5 times in last 2 years I could not find the authenticity. 2 people had Eggplant Parm. It was served like oatmeal. Slopped on a plate, very unappealing . Looked like a leftovers. the Lobster Risotto didn't taste like seafood lobster was just dropped on top. The Osso Bucco of all things was tough and fiborous, over salted and not much flavor at all. Steak was cooked perfectly and very tasty though. The accompaniments of gluey and cold mash potatoes and a poor excuse for a Vegetable medley was also on the plate. We will not be returning .
- There could not be two nicerWineguruDined on 1/6/2011There could not be two nicer people than the ones who own and run this darling little gem. Everything is prepared with love and you always feel like family when you get there. The owner/waitress/hostess hugs us and says she has missed seeing us. The chef/owner always says some little personal hello/goodbye and makes us feel so at home. The sweet woman who seats you and helps you settle in, never , ever lets your water glass get too empty. I love that as I am always thirsty for some reason when I dine out, and want to have something to drink besides wine.The chef/owner always says some little personal hello/goodbye and makes us feel so at home. The sweet woman who seats you and helps you settle in, never , ever lets your water glassSpecial Features:
- Nice family run restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/24/2010Nice family run restaurant. Would go back there for sure.
- We went there for my boyfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010We went there for my boyfriend's 35th birthday dinner. We had six people all togher and it was a perfect night. The food was great, the service was nice and we all had a great time. They let us wear hats (for the birthday boy), they allowed us to bring in balloons, presents and just about anything else we had in tow. It was a great night. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Very good homemade pasta.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2010Very good homemade pasta. Friendly staff. Reasonably priced for Sonoma.
- The food here is exceptional.VinoRojoDined on 11/27/2010The food here is exceptional. You won't get anything more fresh or authentic. This is a very small local place, operated by a family, otherwise understaffed. The tables are uncomfortable and very close together. The service is very friendly and competent, just slow by American standards. If you are looking for a long relaxing family dinner, then this is the place. You will not be disappointed with the food and the authentic preparation. I recommend that you bring your own wine, the corkage fee is $12.50 per bottle but it's worth it. Bring a good bottle of Tuscan, better make it two.Special Features:
- Another outstanding meal here.babsVIPDined on 10/6/2010Another outstanding meal here. Special pasta of the night was killer. You can't do better in Sonoma.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/23/2010Best Italian restaurant in town. Great service - wonderful owners - terrific place for a "comfort" meal. We live in town and love Mamma Tanino's!!!! This restaurant is always supportive of community fundraising efforts and participated in The Great American Dine Out (the only restaurant in Sonoma to do so). As locals, we appreciate it!Special Features:
- What a find! After readingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2010What a find! After reading some nice reviews, we decided to try Mamma Tanino's on short notice, and luckily, they had some openings. I think it's still not well known, but hopefully that will change soon! We sat facing the kitchen, which provided the opportunity to see Gaetano in action. Wife Kimberley served and talked with patrons. It's obvious that these two work extremely hard to make their restaurant a success. The food is amazing, and comes to the table hot and fresh from the kitchen. My mouth is still watering over the baked eggplant and the smoked chicken ravioli. I could eat here every week if I lived nearby. If you want great Italian food in a restaurant that is a couple's passion, please visit Mamma Tanino's!Special Features:
- As usual, great food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2010As usual, great food and friendly service. I asked the waitress if Gaetano, the chef, could make us a dish not on the menu but which we had ordered on a previous visit. No problemo! Very satisfying.Special Features:
- Pasta was first rate. HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2010Pasta was first rate. Home made, and it shows. Shopping center venue so you have to be focused on the food. For the price, and the ambiance, the portions should be larger.Special Features:
- was excellent food-wise andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010was excellent food-wise and great experience. they were very receptive to helping us find food choices we wanted and the food was prepared very well. Fish was slightly overdone but vegetables were extremely fresh and the flavors really shined.Special Features:
- All the dishes here were delicious.AngusParkerDined on 8/24/2010All the dishes here were delicious. Try the veal and the tiramisu which were some of the best we had ever had. We ate early on a Wednesday and the owner / waiters were very accommodating to the two children we brought with us. Besides the unusual location, a mall, for such an expensive dinner the place was perfect. This is truly a place for foodies - and an escape from California wines (mostly very tasty Italians on the wine list)Special Features:
- Mamma Tanino's is really likeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/21/2010Mamma Tanino's is really like a small restaurant in an Italian neighborhood -- in Italy. There is an older Italian man running the kitchen and producing wonderful hearty pasta dishes and some "old fashioned" entrees using fresh local ingredients that are very well done. We shared a lovely salad, Tagliatelle alla Spirraglia (fresh veggie pasta doesn't tell the whole story -- it was done with a light vegetable broth, veggies and pasta cooked perfectly -- very good). I also had the petrale sole picatta -- pretty buttery but melted in your mouth. Nice break from the over-hyped touristy places in Sonapanoma.Special Features:
- this is a small hometown restaurantimmrseVIPDined on 8/12/2010this is a small hometown restaurant that is not expensive nor touristy enough to be recommended by the local hotels but if you are looking for a wonderful italian meal, it's your best bet in sonoma. just note there is only beer and wine!Special Features:
- Our food was spectacular fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2010Our food was spectacular from the antipasto plate to the cannoli for dessert and everything in between. My only complaint was that the service was alittle slow.Special Features:
- Food is always great here.noneVIPDined on 7/31/2010Food is always great here. The chef is Sicilian and everything is fresh and authentic - no faux Italian here.Special Features:
- Good food, but somewhat overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2010Good food, but somewhat overpriced. If the entrees were $4-$5 less, I would have felt like the price fit the overall experience. Located in a shopping center, but nice inside. Portions were decent, without being ridiculous.Special Features:
- This place is the undiscoveredbabsVIPDined on 7/14/2010This place is the undiscovered treasure of Sonoma. The location (next to Sonoma Market) is the only disadvantage -- it's not in the restaurant-heavy square. But it's so worth driving the five blocks to this casual tratatoria. Our guests (world-wide travelers and serious foodies) raved: felt it was some of the best pasta they have had anywhere. Mains are creative and fabulous too, and amazing house-made desserts. Add in great Italian wines. The chef, Gitanno, is a wonder, and his wife-assistant, Kimberley, is knowledgeable about food and wine, and makes you feel so welcome. Do yourself a favor, and eat here the next time you're in Sonoma!Special Features:
- Not impressive looking. InRICKVIPDined on 6/22/2010Not impressive looking. In a strip center. The food was very good and the service friendly and opened. Noticed many locals were in attendance. The prices were very reasonable. A fun find!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2010Excellent food and reasonable sized portions-a real find.Special Features:
- Love this little less knowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2010Love this little less know Italian Restorante in the Town of Sonoma a few blocks from the square.
- The food was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2010The food was excellent. We each had a different entree and all were superb. We'll be sure to return!Special Features:
- Had this kind of food onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/15/2010Had this kind of food only in Italy; really an amazing reminder of ItalySpecial Features: