Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
500 W. Napa Street
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mammataninos.com/
- Phone: 7079338826
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Patrinostro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Gaetano Patrinostro can create a custom menu for your event based on your budget and theme. His culinary training includes Italian, French, Spanish, Mediterranean, and Californian/American cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: The Broderick Room can accommodate up to 20 people and is the back dining room.
For a buyout we can accommodate up to 50 people inside with a nice size patio for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Kimberley Patrinostro 7079338826
- Entertainment: We offer group cooking classes in which you and your group can choose the menu or have the chef put one together based on skill level.
For current events see web site.
A word from Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
Four blocks west of "The Square' tucked in the Sonoma Valley Center, Italian born chef, Gaetano Patrinostro uses a combination of the freshest local products and Italian imports to prepare authentic Italian cuisine. His pasta sauces are based on the region of origin, seafood and steaks are cooked to perfection and the desserts are not to be missed. Mamma Tanino's is an off The Square locals favorite and the at home feeling makes out of towners love this place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Italy in SonomamaryVIPDined on 11/16/2013I had an excellent dinner last week, and the Katerina Veal was one of the best veal dishes I've ever had. We'll be back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good kitchensonomastanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Continues to deliver very good food, unfortunately the overall experience is only fair. A friendly neighborhood restaurant that lacks any refinement of service. Do try it for the food, but know the downside.
- Outstanding food! I've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2013Outstanding food! I've been there several times and it's always been perfect! Best Italian food around, hands down!Special Features:
- Great foodPunkinDined on 11/2/2013We heard about this place from 2 locals and love Italian food. We found the atmosphere Pretty average, the service very good and the food excellent. I had veal scallopini and my husband Had the special, sea bass. They were equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian in small portionsSDNPDined on 10/26/2013We went on a busy Saturday. The servers were quite knowledgeable and friendly, but perhaps due to the volume of customers a bit slow to refill glasses or ask if we wanted more bread when the kitchen took a while to produce our plates. Portions are on the small size for the price, but everything we had was well executed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencemikeDined on 10/26/2013Food was very good, the service was quick and the staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRaymondDined on 10/23/2013Mama Tanino's is consistently good. Kimberly is a delightful host, and the food remains constantly good.Special Features:
- Great Find!JalenDined on 10/5/2013As others have said, don't let the strip mall location fool you! The food was awesome. We have been to Italy on 4 occasions and we felt we were in Italy. The place is small and quaint with great service. Everything appeared homemade. The risotto special was outstanding. We went there for our mother's 70th bday celebration. They treated her well. Everyone was personable as if we were regulars. Would go back!!! Now go visit Mamma Tanino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and nice ownersJROTVIPDined on 10/5/2013Had a fantastic meal with my wife and 3 young kids. At the end of the meal we asked the chef (his wife did to be fair) to fix us a warm Sabayon and it was exquisite. Really good dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled!mlh333Dined on 10/4/2013This was perhaps the best meal we had during a week of touring some of the best restaurants in Napa and Sonoma. Eggplant, Rissotto with Scallops... Fantastic. Great Italian wine list as well. The location is a bit hidden in a strip mall not far from the Sonoma town square. The owner and his wife are cooking and waiting. Just a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too salty..TimmeeDined on 10/3/2013My friends liked their pasta and sea bass dishes. I ordered the seafood special with pasta in a white wine sauce. It was much too salty for my taste - both the pasta and the seafood/sauce were oversalted. The shrimp was cooked perfectly, not overdone, seemed fresh and had a nice texture. However the mussels were very small, and subsequently the meat was shriveled and overcooked (I would suggest eliminating the mussels unless they are larger whereby only a few would be necessary, and hopefully they would be plump and juicy.) The clams were a little larger but still overcooked. There were very small pieces (1/2 inch cubes) of swordfish. I would suggest fewer, but larger pieces. Needless to say I was very disappointed with my dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovegoodfoodDined on 9/28/2013never disappoint...consistant and always excellent food! Owners are caring and true hospitality professionals!Special Features:
- great Italian for great ItaliansItalianbyproxyDined on 9/25/2013We've been here a number of times, and Mamma Tanino's is always spot on in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the location fool youDavidCVIPDined on 9/20/2013This great place is tucked in a corner of a strip mall. The owners are ever present with great suggestions and the food choices and prep is superb. A must go if you are in wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find1forsonoamDined on 9/7/2013Came here for our 27th Wedding Anniversay and turned out to be a great choice. Great food, Great service and just a good place to just sit back and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sonoma FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2013You really must try this place! The owners who are the chef Guitano and wife Kim who makes sure all the guests are greeted personally and warmly are the type of owners that you really would love to have dinner with! The food is fantastic, all homemade in a tiny little kitchen that makes you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma ItalianFortyloveDined on 8/28/2013Don't be fooled by the strip mall location, this family run Italian is the real deal! The food is fresh and yummy and the cordiality is genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everybody was VERY happyBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 8/17/2013Tucked into a corner of a strip mall without the physical charm of other restaurants in the downtown Sonoma area, you would not think this place would deliver, but it really does. Calamari Fritti appetizer were some of the lightest and crispiest we've had anywhere. Seafood pasta, veal chop, and petrale sole were excellent and generously portioned. Wine list is relatively short but quite complete with both local and Italian wines, reasonably priced. Very classic Italian menu, everything nicely presented and prepared. Desserts were excellent, as were salads and a minestrone. Tables perhaps a little close together but that's nitpicking. Very accomodating servers. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian in SonomaknowsgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2013Mamma Tanino's is a family owned, authentic and excellent Italian restaurant (the chef is from Italy). He is fabulous and will even make dishes upon request with enough notice. From bread to dessert the food is top notch. It is our favorite restaurant for Italian from Sonoma on down to the Peninsula. The service is attentive and very generous. We were given complimentary Port at the end of our meal. They have a nice selection of Italian wines. I've thoroughly enjoyed all the soups, salads, pastas, main courses and desserts I've had there. I have been there about 4 times and always had a full course meal. I have never come away with a complaint except for being too full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013A real treat. Both the buccatini amatriciana and chicken marsala were delicious. Too bad there were no reservations too be had the next night because we would have loved to have returned before leaving town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little Gem in SonomaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2013The location in the shopping plaza is not the best however every time I have eaten there the food is excellent. "Mamma" is also so charming. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes good food and proprietors with great personalities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian CuisineKnitibranchDined on 7/13/2013The bruschetta with prosciuto was delicious, as was the spaghetti carbonara, the special asparagus ravioli, and the dessert, which was complimentary in honor of my birthday. Only complaint was the noise level, but realistically it's hard to find a quiet place to eat out on a Saturday night around here, anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayBonBonDined on 7/6/2013Very small, without any atmosphere!!! Food is just okay, I've had much better veal scallopine. It was very noisy, acoustics not so good. This restaurant is too pricy for a little neighborhood restaurant with wooden booths and Wall bench seating that were pretty uncomfortable and crowded. For my money, I want better food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Sonoma MammaSanDiegoDined on 6/22/2013Great service. Great food. Small, quaint, family run feeling establishment. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful gemMurdocDined on 6/21/2013Mamma Tanino's is a wonderful gem of a restaurant. My wife and i have eaten here three times and the food is always excellent. We have never had anything that was not superb. The service is very good. The only complaint I have is the hard benches and chairs they have for seating. If they could change these out with more comfortable seating, I might never eat anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Mamma Taninos!JMTLADined on 6/15/2013Came here for a quick birthday weekend get-a-way. Heard great things about this place. It didn't disappoint. Loved the food and the wine was excellent! Service started out a little slow; I think our waitress may have been the only one that night (Saturday night). But eventually it started flowing better. Would recommend for a little date night for two. Not for kids.Special Features:
- We have been going so longmkc1VIPDined on 6/13/2013We have been going so long now, it feels like family.Special Features:
- A local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2013Delicious authentic food prepared by the owner in a homey atmosphere. Careful preparation of gourmet items Super presentation and friendly attentive service. This chef has worked on both coasts and Works his magic in a small place of his own that locals relish. Homemade bread Begins the treat of the meal. Yummy!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/11/2013What a find! Not one misstep in our entire meal. Great, friendly service. We'll be back. A lot! Want to try the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bread was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2013The bread was wonderful. The appetizers were great--unexpectedly the polenta with mushrooms! My risotto was undercooked and had only one relatively small piece of Dungeness crab; if the crab is out of season, use something else. My daughter's entree was less than wonderful. The zabaglione was not what I expected and fairly ordinary as a dessert. The prosecco was not the best and overpriced for the quality. The service was superb, kind, and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in SonomastefandmichDined on 5/24/2013We have been dining at Mama Tanino's since they opened and have never been disappointed. In fact they continue to surprise with the consistancy and great menu items and specials. It is always special and we leave so satisfied. There are a few dishes that blow us away every time. One is the Eggplant Parmasian. The wine list is very nice always a great Italian Chianti. We love this restaurant whether we bring our kids or go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food off the PlazaBradVIPDined on 5/15/2013Great Italian food off the plaza. Best Italian food in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma Italianwino63Dined on 5/2/2013not a place you would pick without knowing where it is and having recommendation (in a strip mall), but worth the search, we have been traveling to Sonoma area at least once per year for 20 years and would rate this as one of the top spots for Italian food, wonderful people, great food and outstanding service, will be back next year, wine recommendation was right on target...great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fine of. NeighborhoodWhinefanDined on 4/20/2013Wonderful fine of. Neighborhood restaurant. Very good food at a reasonable price. Worth going back.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2013The food was pretty good but it didn't live up to other ratings that I saw from Open Table.
- Our first time here. It wasRustymom64VIPDined on 4/19/2013Our first time here. It was okay.We thought entrees were a bit overpriced for the venue which has hard benches and chairs. Our food was good.
- While this restaurant wasTSizzleDined on 4/19/2013While this restaurant was not quite what I had anticipated it was still enjoyable. The food was good, the service very friendly and it was fairly priced. While there was nothing that clearly stood out the fried cheese appetizer was very good and the entrees were well prepared.Special Features:
- gaetano and Kim bringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013gaetano and Kim bring a dining elegance and warmth that is truly genuine for sonoma valley ,it is not a tourist dine and run but rather a culinary gift..best ITALIAN food in sonoma and we have had many imitations here ...Special Features:
- A great neighborhood gem.MurdocDined on 4/6/2013A great neighborhood gem. The food is always excellent and the service is very good. The only drawback wehn we have been there is the noise level. If crowded it is very noisy which makes it difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and both theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/6/2013Fantastic food and both the owners, chef, and service staff do a great job!Special Features: