Cork Restaurant - Chandler
4991 S. Alma School Road
Chandler, AZ 85248-5646Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cork Restaurant - Chandler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 4808833773x
- Hours of Operation:
Regular Hours of Operation
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5pm -9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-10pm Closed Sunday & Monday
CORK IS CLOSED FOR ANNUAL SUMMER VACATION FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF JULY!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Peterson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cork offers a private dining room that seats 10 guests and 2 patios as well as the option to buy-out the restaurant for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Morris 4808833773
A word from Cork Restaurant - Chandler
Cork is a four-diamond award-winning restaurant offering contemporary American cuisine with classic French influences and techniques. The menu is set up like a build-your-own tasting menu and guests are encouraged to order 2-3 courses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cork Restaurant - Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- More Work. Less Talk.HeavyMetalMeatHammerVIPDined on 3/15/2014During the 90 minutes we spent at Cork, the pastry chef spent at least 80 of them chatting with her friends at a nearby four-top. We would never dream of disturbing her in the middle of performing such a valuable function, especially on company time, so we were forced to skip dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnCork the Fun!MoonDined on 3/15/2014Cork is one of our favorite restaurants for family special occasions or a romantic dinner fur just us two. The menus is small and changes every few weeks because the chefs specialize if using locally grown seasonal items. If you can get there between 5-6 pm, the Sunset menu os a great bargain. The taste and presentation of the food is very good and the service is wonderful. Less expensive than going to Ruth Chris or Flemings and the quality is better.Special Features:
- Awesome!!KingDined on 3/14/2014Took a gf here for her birthday and we both loved it. I even got her name printed out on the menu thanks to a review I read on here. Food and Wine was good. This place is not too fancy so dress attire can be casual. Overall, great experience, will definitely go back for more. ^_^Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in Chandler's 'rough'BetsyDined on 3/14/2014We were meetiing friends from out of town at the Sheraton White Horse Pass - and looked for a nice dinner nearby. Cork was a delightful 'find' -- in a suburban strip in quiet Chandler - we found great food, marvelous wine selections and awesome service - fit for the special occasion we came to celebrate. Our meal of both fish and meat was cooked to perfection, and the specials we tried were truly that - Special. Dessert of Banana Creme Pie was not to be missed. The Ipad-based wine list was a cool techno touch -- and all in all - it was a delightful night. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Wonderful restaurant, Food was fantastic. We had a great night and meal. They did offer the special when the waitress took our order than I was told they didn't have any more so I had to choose from the menu. Still a wonderful dish. Service seemed a little slow but that was O.K. as we were very relaxed. I would return and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim Dunning reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The Resturant is located in a strip mall, but the ambiance inside is very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.NightOwlDined on 3/1/2014The world changes when you leave the bright Chandler strip-mall and enter the dark sophistication of Cork. It's a very nice restaurant with very nice food.Special Features:
- WowthebabydocVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a specially-prepared chef's tasting and wine-pairing dinner for six. Un.be.lieve.able! Food was spectacular, wines amazing, and service superb. We'll probably be back even though this place was 25 miles from our home!Special Features:
- Great for a nice date-night dinner!ladybug0147Dined on 2/20/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday doubled as a date night. His name was printed on the menu which just gave the dinner a little personal touch! We had a great experience if you like going out to a nice, fancy, and chic restaurant. The food was amazing! The service was great! The music was nice. And the wine list was varied! They mixed up my dinner order and were very apologetic and went far and beyond to make our experience great! Would recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet DiningSnowbirdDined on 2/18/2014We found Cork a few years ago and it has become our favorite restaurant when we visit Phoenix. We brought newcomers this year and celebrated our last night in Phoenix together with dinner at Cork--it did not disappoint! The food and service were top-notch, excellent attention and description from our waiter. The ambience in the restaurant is very intimate--quite a surprise. Cork is situated in a strip mall (so easy parking), but the moment you walk in the door, you realize you are somewhere special. We will continue to dine at Cork whenever we vacation in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, but veryChipshotDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good, but very expensive. Bring your credit card and have a great dinner.Special Features:
- ServiceNeighorsDined on 2/15/2014Our Waiter was great. The service help clean up after each course a little too fast. Felt a little rushed, even though the resturant didn't seem too busy considering it was Saturday, Feb. 15th and our reservation was at 5:15,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodFlygirlDined on 2/14/2014The food here is always top quality and amazing, the special menus are always a real treat when they are offered. We have eaten here about 10 times in they last two years and all the meals were a wonderful culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done, chef / proprietorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Well done, chef / proprietor owned (non-commercial), European flavor / plating and feel. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad ServiceKnoonDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I recently dined at Cork because of the fact that the owners and chef had a background from Lons Hermosa. The atmosphere is ok, nothing special, the food was great but the service was some of the worst we have had. I cannot recommend this place to family or friends because of the unfriendly service.
- They did a nice thing by havingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014They did a nice thing by having a personalized menu for my wife wishing her a happy birthday which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Delicious food indeed!! JustOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014Delicious food indeed!! Just moved here and first restaurant I found with gourmet like food- a bit pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood PlaceanhoffVIPDined on 2/4/2014We didn't want to drive too far from our home for Friday night dinner. Cork is a short 5 minute drive. Dinner was good and service was good as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGingerDined on 2/1/2014Ordered three items - Prelude, Salad, Entree. Prelude (Pork Belly) was excellent; waiter failed to hear the salad selection, so did without; the entree (Pork Tenderloin) tasted a little "off" and the vegetable was scorched. Did not eat the burned veggie and should not have eaten the entree, as I had an "upset" most of the night. The wine was excellent; however, did have to remind the waiter to bring the wine. The martini was outstanding. For the past six years, Cork was our favorite restaurant, no matter the cost. After this experience, I cannot think of a single thing the management could do to get us to return.Special Features:
- Excellent dining at CorkMaceDined on 2/1/2014Dinner at Cork was superb from items on the menu to specials. Dinners were delicious, robust in flavor and generous in portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vietnamese NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014I love that Cork does special nights. This night that we went to was their Vietnamese night. They did an awesome job!Special Features:
- Special occasion worthyRustyDined on 1/25/2014My experience at Cork was a good one. The restaurant has a very upper end feel and vibe. Interesting menu choices fit for a foodie, which am really not. That said, the food and service were exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. This place is not inexpensive by any means, but was worth the price for the experience I had.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousLynetteVIPDined on 1/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the Phoenix area and especially in the southeastern part of Phoenix. We always leave happy!Special Features:
- 5 Star All the WayLandPVIPDined on 1/14/2014Great food & service. Quiet ambiance. Scott is the consummate server and knowledgeable about the impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2014Conducted small business dinner at the Cork, everything was perfect, the staff was friendly and very accommodating, private room perfect, food and wine was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joshua is the best!OdeumRegularDined on 1/3/2014We had a group of 3 couples that had dinner at Cork. Two of us arrived about 45 mins early for our reservation so we could have a drink beforehand and were pleasantly surprised that our table was already ready AND that it was in a private room just off the main dining room. We enjoyed several cocktails, wines and apps while waiting for the remainder of our party. Dinner also did not disappoint. The food was all spectacular, but the highlight for all of us was our server Joshua. He is probably the best server i have had with any dining experience. He was knowledgeable, timely, funny, and everything else you could ask for in a server. If I wasn't from out of town i would certainly go back at least once a week to enjoy this experience.Special Features:
- disappointing oversightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013When we gave our dinner order, the restaurant was not as busy as it became later in the evening. Our party of 4 gave our dinner order and each had 3 courses. Unfortunately, when the entries arrived, one of them was WRONG. The server correctly apologized and took that entry back to the kitchen. While the other three people ate their entries, the 4th person was left watching the rest eat up their food before it got cold. We all gave the 4th person sample of our own food to pass the time. Surely Cork should have tried to make adjust ment to this inconvenience by some kind of compensation, such as a free course either as an additional course or adjusting our bill for the mistake!Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderfuldjh617Dined on 12/28/2013This was our second time at Cork and it did not disappoint. Food is fabulous, highly recommend the salad with caramelized popcorn, sounds strange but excellent and apparently very popular per our waiter. It is so great to have a restaurant of this quality here in the East Valley as we would normally expect to go the Scottsdale or Biltmore area to see great culinary offerings such as what Cork offers. We'll definitely be coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace and quietBillDined on 12/26/2013I've eaten here before and it was great. This time there were two VERY loud young women at the bar that greatly reduced our overall pleasure. They should have been asked be quiet or leave. This would not prevent me from returning, since I suspect it is a rare occurrence. If it happened again, it would be my last visit. Being older, I was not thrilled with the alternative music being played.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Food was good, portions small, over priced, service very good.I was not familiar with half the items on the menu.
- Educate the Server!Value4MoneyDined on 12/24/2013Another fine meal at Cork, our compliments to the Chef! Server confused by offering a special that was no longer available, and after fumbling his way thru opening a bottle of wine we got the meal underway. Final issue was the fact that amounts on the bill did not match amounts on the menu although the net difference was insignificant. Charge for a small accommodation for a side dish on a bit of the no longer available special was unnecessarily high in our opinion. Manager in charge was given the opportunity to step up and make things right but failed to do so as he said we should have called upon him earlier rather than wait until the end. We will go back but next time will inform the Manager of our expectations before the service starts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet YumAZLollyVIPDined on 12/24/2013From the foie gras with short rib and brioche, on to a delectable sea bass cheek and finishing with a banana cream pie variation that was as beautiful as it was delicious, you can't beat Cork. All I can say is yum and it's so enjoyable, dinner can take us three hours of fun conversation and friends. Dine on!!!Special Features:
- Blown AwayGraymatterVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. In my opinionion, While most reataurants in the valley thrive on mediocrity but view themselves as a premium or fine dining restaurant solely based on their menu prices, Corke'd has set the standard for creativity and quality when it comes to the whole dining experience. The menu from start to finish is unique and creative. Our service was wonderful. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and helpful even with those in our party who have not encountered selections one rarely has the opportunity enjoy. We were introduced to my new favorite Pino, (Benovia).. All in all... Corke'd knocks it out of the park...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findsassycactusVIPDined on 12/20/2013We recently moved back to the Chandler area and we were delighted to find Cork. They have a unique menu and they had no problem making some changes for my dietary needs. The food was very good and we are happy to have such an upscale and comfortable place close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been to Cork several yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2013Had been to Cork several years ago and I was not impressed this time with the food - the selections or the preparation especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great food and service, as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2013Everything was excellent as before. The menu was well planned and our choices were delicious. We were quite satisfied when we were finished. Thank you for an excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine experienceBigAl60VIPDined on 12/12/2013I selected Cork initially from the Wine Spectator award list, but also found it highly rated on Open table and other sites. A restaurant with great, fresh locally sourced food. Menu choices and presentation are first rate. Servers are very knowledgeable, especially on the extensive wine list. I visit the area several times a year on business and plan to return on my next visit.Special Features:
- GOOD CHOICESJW1Dined on 12/10/2013Excellent broad choice of wines! Interesting and diverse menu. The wine arrived promptly but not the promised bread. The bread was the least impressive part of the meal - small, cold and not in tune with the menu. The scallop appetizer, arugula salad, rack of venison, risotto side dish and Crème brule were outstanding The tables were arranged for quiet conversation but the noise level was too high. Luckily we had plenty to talk about as the timing of the service was stretched to almost 3 hours - not a good idea if we had planned other activities after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always...WandaDined on 12/7/2013As always our dining experience was wonderful on all accounts. Each dish is unusual and wonderful, whether it is salad, entree or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cork is TopsLandPVIPDined on 12/3/2013Great, innovative menu; great service and very nice atmosphere. A place where you can actually have a conversation and will not see some yahoo with a ball cap at the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.